Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460659 Jul 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, thinking you know what "God's plan" is.
Do you believe that YOU know that a god exists and what plan the god has in store for all humanity?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#460660 Jul 10, 2013
Lay it on me sister - what is the "Truth"?
While you are explaining, can you also fill in the blanks on these other questions?
"What is the Church?"
"What are the qualifications of a Christian?"
"Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?"
"Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?"
"Why is there more 'Paul' teachings in the Bible, instead of more from Jesus?"
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been asking those questions for over 30 years and never got an intelligent or honest answer.
It is because so-called "Christians" cannot use honesty or intelligence to make those statements that answer these questions.

If they did, they would no longer be considered a "Christian".

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460661 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'll suffer the consequences.
I am not afraid of your deities.
You however are a proven coward. Hiding under the bed like a child from the boogeyman.
I quite agree. And cuddling up to an imaginary god that used to favor only Jews until the Christians and Muslims got done raking him "over the coals."

Religious belief simply equates to what is in it for SELF ... period!

Albuquerque, NM

#460662 Jul 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quiet.
Had a real great prime rib dinner with my kin...an some great giant viles o' "superbeer"!
LOL

SUPERBEER! MMMMMMMM!!

Glad you had a nice quiet one.

I don't think I went to bed before 2am on any day of my vacation and then required to get up by 8/9am the next day.

I need a vacation from my vacation!!

:o)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460663 Jul 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And Peter is correct.'listen and pay attention'
He doesn't say, "here are some of our writings. Figure it out for yourselves".
Lol
So if Peter says to pay attention to scripture , you will do well, what else do you need?

He never said pay attention to scripture and also man made doctrine of the catholic church.

Albuquerque, NM

#460664 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

What do you mean by researching what I don't know. Does that mean that I should learn what you DO know to be a fact, or what you simply believe fits your own mental agenda???
In some ways yes.

I can honestly say, that in four years, one cannot understand what religion is all about, as you seem to imply.

I also believe that it takes well more than four years to even begin to grasp how religious concepts are applied to people and what they exactly mean.

But you are right - I do have a mental agenda - to prove that partaking in religion is an incomplete process that only hinders a person's true ability to understand and reason.

Darn - you found me out!!

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460665 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'll suffer the consequences.
I am not afraid of your deities.
You however are a proven coward. Hiding under the bed like a child from the boogeyman.
Why would I be afraid of my God? He is merciful towards me. He'd be merciful towards you but you reject Him. So when you come face to face with Him, you will have no excuse...like your girlfriend June.

You have proven your life is as exciting as June's.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460666 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... they just don't want to catch on to the idea that they are every bit as conditioned by their beliefs as are the Muslims, the Buddhists or the Hindus.
Religion is like language and other cultural things we a re taught in our youth.

Some of us realize that there is a great big world out there that doesn't have the same cultural training and is no better or worse than what we were taught.

Q: How many American Christians think that God only 'speaks' English and wrote the KJV ?

A: Too goddam many.

Albuquerque, NM

#460667 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that YOU know that a god exists and what plan the god has in store for all humanity?
No, I don't believe I know that a god exists.
- IMO - gods are man-made entities, used to appease and comfort an individual through fear, all the while instilling fear of the entity.
- It doesn't make sense - so I choose to not believe any god is "evil".

No, I don't believe there is a plan.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460668 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you've ever seen a Christian on this forum say they are perfect.
Of course you don't, as that would show lack of humility to those of us who believe you are religiously vain.

But on the other hand, if you are NOT perfect, then your belief in Jesus didn't take away your sins, and Jesus died in VAIN.

And if you are still drenched in sin, why are you preaching at others how we should live a sin-free life?

Silly people!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460669 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is like language and other cultural things we a re taught in our youth.
Some of us realize that there is a great big world out there that doesn't have the same cultural training and is no better or worse than what we were taught.
Q: How many American Christians think that God only 'speaks' English and wrote the KJV ?
Where does your anger come from? Growing in the home? Why are atheists always seem mad?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460670 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be afraid of my God?
In one of his fickle moods, he might decide to get his pal the devil to fry your Christian butt in hell.

Jews have reasons to not be fond of Christians ... what with all the lies they tell about the Jewish god and his Jewish son favoring Christianity.

Tongue in cheek

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460671 Jul 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici.

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460672 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't, as that would show lack of humility to those of us who believe you are religiously vain.
But on the other hand, if you are NOT perfect, then your belief in Jesus didn't take away your sins, and Jesus died in VAIN.
And if you are still drenched in sin, why are you preaching at others how we should live a sin-free life?
Silly people!
Can't live a sin free life Grams. lol...you never let me down with your ignorance do you.

Keep talking, it's fun to watch.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460673 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are atheists always seem mad?
Not as angry as a god that would hire an evil devil to burn his own creatures in hell simply because they wouldn't believe in his existence.

Tongue in cheek
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#460674 Jul 10, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
Idea...
All Catholics should move to one or two states.
Then they can do what the Vatican tells them to do and they can live like real Catholics do, like in Mexico City maybe.
There would be more "true" churches than defective and untrue Protestant churches.
Jesus would be happier and there would be few people to question all the miracles that would surely follow.
Wouldn't that be great for everyone!
Sounds like you're a fascist as well as a bigot!

Here are a few U.S cities named after our beloved Catholic Saints and theological teachings:

San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Santa Barbara
Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Santa fe, Saint Louis, Saint Paul, Saint Petersberg, The US state of Maryland, and many other towns, lakes and rivers.
(pretty amazing given the fact that you guys banned Catholicism in the North East)
www.catholiceducation.org/articles/history/us...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460675 Jul 10, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL
SUPERBEER! MMMMMMMM!!
Glad you had a nice quiet one.
I don't think I went to bed before 2am on any day of my vacation and then required to get up by 8/9am the next day.
I need a vacation from my vacation!!
Hahahah!
I find that to be the case also.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460676 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does your anger come from? Growing in the home? Why are atheists always seem mad?
If I join your cult and agree with everything you preach, will you still believe I am angry?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#460677 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In one of his fickle moods, he might decide to get his pal the devil to fry your Christian butt in hell.
No one sends anyone to Hell. People go to Hell because they reject Christ...because of the decisions they made. So take responsibility for your decisions Grams.

I love your ignorance. Keep posting, it's fun to watch.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460678 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be afraid of my God? He is merciful towards me. He'd be merciful towards you but you reject Him. So when you come face to face with Him, you will have no excuse...like your girlfriend June.
You have proven your life is as exciting as June's.
You are fantasizing in public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 25 Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web