Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,209)

Showing posts 444,161 - 444,180 of529,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you enjoy all the flamboyance that comes along with your belief that Catholic saints were and are floating around you to service your needs.
It's not on my agenda to play into your religious games.
Good, you're finally being honest about it! Much better than pretending to a knowledge you don't possess.

The Catholic faith has remained steadfast and true for the last 2,000 years. I have no fears that God will renege on his promise. His church will continue whether you agree with the calendar of saints or not.(You should still read about St. Edith Stein.)

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
PERSONALLY I don't take the post of June VanDerMark seriously
NO more than I would take an other SELF MADE individual that is drunk on
their own ego...
one CAN ALWAYS TELL A SELF MADE PERSON BY THE SIZE OF THEIR MOUTH
( as an atheist she MUST BELIEVE she invented/created her self)
no insult intended ...just truth
Kay she is talking about someone on another thread ..

The same woman. Calls my Saviuir Jesus or Christ .

She just does not believe this lady is Christian..to me that is between them.

And sorry she brought this trash over here ..:(

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Years ago there was a close knit group of young people
In the Church where I attended..
There was a couple that had attended High school
together...and had known each other for years..
One day the young lady happened into the local beauty
shop and while conversing with older lady there...
found out ... she was talking to her own Mother..
(She knew that she had been adopted..) she also
received the knowledge that the young man was her
brother...
Wow,.

I found my son through what to me was a series of tiny miracles,..Nit coincidence .

And thankfully I was at his wedding and the birth of his child.

WE serve an AWESOME SAVIOR

So I will never be ashamed of that testimony .
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting:
You are putting RC Catholics into being ONLY "of the world" here. And then being of the world, they follow the ways of the world.(In part this can be true, but not entirely true.)
Do take into consideration that I disagree with my local priest on certain issues. In doing so, that does not mean that I disagree with the whole RCC, even though he represents the whole of the RCC.
Liken it to, if you believe in the U.S., but don't agree with its leaders, then that does not mean you are unpatriotic, rather it suggests the opposite, that you are patriotic, and willing to take a stand.
Thats wise Robert, knowing that we are judged individually.

Will your share what your disagreements with the rcc are?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your response.
Do you base any mythology on the idea that it was or is true in the sense of absolute truth?
I think some has a kernel of truth, others exaggerations and others made up from whole cloth.

I find Reform Judaism and the teachings of Jesus (as best can be discerned) to be dealing with this world, not the next. Paulinism is mostly death focused and does little to help with real world issues.

Celtic and Germanic myths reflect the thinking and culture of my ancestors. That makes it interesting to me.

I don;t believe in deities though. My "God" is a non-anthropomorphic creative and controlling force of the entire Universe. More of a mix of Spinoza, Tao and Quantum Mechanics.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

<quoted text>
NO more than I would take an other SELF MADE individual that is drunk on
their own ego....
You consider Paul's epistles useless. I concur.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Can you preach to me on Isaiah 11:1, and tell me what it means? Give me a deeper explanation to the apparently simple meaning....
why should we give a deeper explaination.

simple is much better.

And there shall come forth a rod(David) out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch(Jesus) shall grow out of his roots:

no biggie there.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The local calendars could be geographically or within religious communities (consecrated religious orders). Certain lesser known saints from certain areas would understandably have more significance for the people from those areas, no?
Also, many of the early martyrs were never officially canonized, but are automatically accepted as saints because of their martyrdom. For instance, St. John Chrysostom was never canonized, he was pre-congregation, yet he's an important saint and a Doctor of the Church.
You should read about Edith Stein (St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross). Fascinating woman, a former atheist, philospher, Jewish convert, and nun, died in Auschwitz.
Saints of God who are they??? They are the children of God, who alone makes saints out of His people because of their faith in a never failing God, and His Son Jesus, "The Christ,"
What your church has accepted as saint God may not. and visa versa.
you have no idea who is in heaven and who isn't Regina .
You could be praying to some one who is in hell and don't even know it.
Makes no difference any way you look at it neither can hear you.
If they have left this earth.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, you're finally being honest about it! Much better than pretending to a knowledge you don't possess.
The Catholic faith has remained steadfast and true for the last 2,000 years. I have no fears that God will renege on his promise. His church will continue whether you agree with the calendar of saints or not.(You should still read about St. Edith Stein.)
Don't be silly. The popes removed the saints from the calendars because they believed they didn't exist.

You can believe those particular saints exist if it so pleases you.

I already stated I don't choose to read nonsensical gibberish about supposed saints, as I don't believe that humans are anything but mortal.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly. The popes removed the saints from the calendars because they believed they didn't exist.
You can believe those particular saints exist if it so pleases you.
I already stated I don't choose to read nonsensical gibberish about supposed saints, as I don't believe that humans are anything but mortal.
Show us where a Pope said they were removed because they didn't exist.

If you can't, then it's just more anti-Catholic nonsense.

Thanks.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some has a kernel of truth, others exaggerations and others made up from whole cloth.
I find Reform Judaism and the teachings of Jesus (as best can be discerned) to be dealing with this world, not the next. Paulinism is mostly death focused and does little to help with real world issues.
Celtic and Germanic myths reflect the thinking and culture of my ancestors. That makes it interesting to me.
I don;t believe in deities though. My "God" is a non-anthropomorphic creative and controlling force of the entire Universe. More of a mix of Spinoza, Tao and Quantum Mechanics.
Well, from my point of view, all religious myths are based on human imagination, which never was and never will be dependable.

If I don't trust most of them there is no reason to trust any of them.

Playing favorites with myths can be fun, but when the myth-makers start fighting over whose myths are real and whose are false ... that is when the stupidity of religion really kicks in.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay...speak to me!!!!
Does the following verses teach that Christ is God?????? It reveals the truth....that is the last thing Catholics want to face...so they turn tail and run...cowards...!!!!!
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).
Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
BTW..Your denomionation teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????
Why was Jesus called EMANUEL,God With us,in Lukes'Gospel?

Oxbow,I still do not know what kind of M a n,you are referring to Jesus,in that He was the Son of Man,yet the Son of God also.Manto men,is true,but the very fact that God in His Omnipotent power can take of His own Essence and beget a Son is something that requires some faith on our part,even if we do not have complete understanding.When we make that decision to see such things by faith,it is wonderful how the LORD responds with increasing our faith.Jesus is the Son of God,not just a man created to head a great cause for the glory of God,as no doubt many men in the Old Cevenant did.I am referring to Abraham,Isaac,Jacob,Moses,and the Prophets:Jeremeiah,Isaiah,Ezek iel and so on.

Jesus as a Man only would be limited to our humanity,of which has never seen God in His glory,yet Jesus was with the Father from the beginning,so He is a SON who knows His Father before all ages,NOT a Man only,but the glorious Second Person of the Godhead,He is the fulfillment of that Godhead bodily,yet He was total Man aswell,given all the frailties of our human existence.His suffering,and crucifixion was totally without restriction to his physical being,and He knew the abandonment of the Father,which was something we humans can barely fathom.

You have to be careful Oxbow you do not fall into the hands of a post-dated Arianism,which was refuted strongly by the early church.Saint Eusebius was known to have been a courageous debater against arianism,and he suffered for his stand.

We today not only have the Full Scriptures to define what the Godhead is,but we have also witnesses upon witnesses who have experienced the revelation of knowing that the Godhead is Father,Son and Holy Spirit,whether from a Catholic affiliation or Evangelical,and so on.Jesus is the Incarnate Son of God,by the Holy Spirit Mary received the Holy SEED,and through normal gestation and pregnancy,Jesus is God-Man.Son of God,Son of Man!It takes faith as well Oxbow,not human intellect totry and figure it out.
cult expert

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us where a Pope said they were removed because they didn't exist.
If you can't, then it's just more anti-Catholic nonsense.
Thanks.
Well we all know the pope didnt remove all the child molesting bastard perverts from the priest did he?No he moved them to another parish so they can molest again.Does that sound like a saintly thing to do? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Saints of God who are they??? They are the children of God, who alone makes saints out of His people because of their faith in a never failing God, and His Son Jesus, "The Christ,"
If you were born and raised as a Muslim your sermon would be in support of Islam and you would be equally as certain that the words were based on truth as you now are within the frame-work of your own favored religion.

All devout believers in all religions are pleased by their own teachings, or they wouldn't stay IN their specific religions ... and you are no exception to that "rule."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Cells that keep human bodies alive are trapped in their environments. They live and they die, and there are other cells that clear the dead cells out of the human bodies.

We also are trapped in our bodies until we die.

I don't believe that our value is worth any more than that of the cells that keep our bodies alive.

From my perception we are nothing special, albeit that we are taught we ARE something special.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Why was Jesus called EMANUEL,God With us,in Lukes'Gospel?
Oxbow,I still do not know what kind of M a n,you are referring to Jesus,in that He was the Son of Man,yet the Son of God also.Manto men,is true,but the very fact that God in His Omnipotent power can take of His own Essence and beget a Son is something that requires some faith on our part,even if we do not have complete understanding.When we make that decision to see such things by faith,it is wonderful how the LORD responds with increasing our faith.Jesus is the Son of God,not just a man created to head a great cause for the glory of God,as no doubt many men in the Old Cevenant did.I am referring to Abraham,Isaac,Jacob,Moses,and the Prophets:Jeremeiah,Isaiah,Ezek iel and so on.
Jesus as a Man only would be limited to our humanity,of which has never seen God in His glory,yet Jesus was with the Father from the beginning,so He is a SON who knows His Father before all ages,NOT a Man only,but the glorious Second Person of the Godhead,He is the fulfillment of that Godhead bodily,yet He was total Man aswell,given all the frailties of our human existence.His suffering,and crucifixion was totally without restriction to his physical being,and He knew the abandonment of the Father,which was something we humans can barely fathom.
You have to be careful Oxbow you do not fall into the hands of a post-dated Arianism,which was refuted strongly by the early church.Saint Eusebius was known to have been a courageous debater against arianism,and he suffered for his stand.
We today not only have the Full Scriptures to define what the Godhead is,but we have also witnesses upon witnesses who have experienced the revelation of knowing that the Godhead is Father,Son and Holy Spirit,whether from a Catholic affiliation or Evangelical,and so on.Jesus is the Incarnate Son of God,by the Holy Spirit Mary received the Holy SEED,and through normal gestation and pregnancy,Jesus is God-Man.Son of God,Son of Man!It takes faith as well Oxbow,not human intellect totry and figure it out.
The only reason you aren't arguing dogma from a Muslim's point of view is that you weren't born a Muslim.

It is only by chance you were born to be indoctrinated by your own self-perceived "special" brand of Christianity.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a good point in that we do not know that every Saint the RCCh canonizes really ended up in heaven,the truth is according to Scripture they are all asleep,no one is in hell or heaven,their spirits are with the LORD,but the bodies are waiting for the resurrection.

But LTM,for sure,we will not be able to stop an individual from praying to whoever they want to in secret.And truly if they are sincere before the Lord,and seek ultimately to serve christ,only God can judge their hearts,and if their prayers are amiss,that is between God and that person.Sooner or later an individual who seeks to live for Christ will know whether or not his or her prayers are being answered.Faith is a very important component in how we address God.We can mutter all kinds of prayers,but faith in what we pray to God for has to be evident.

ALSO grace is the basis for our faith in Christ,if grace is not in what we do to serve Christ,we could be wasting our time.God honors our faith,but only if it is rooted in His GRACE!many have experienced His grace,and they need to go back to that grace continually in their lives,and allow the Holy Spirit to widen their knowledge and experience in GRACE.Grace is the beginning of our walk with Christ,it continues always,and we end in that grace at our deaths.

Praying to saints or through them is not a problem,it is how much faith you utilize with the covering of God's grace.The only Man who is the Mediator between God and us,IS Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>That post wqas meant for rosesez. She refuses to tell a poster to stop bashing Christ.
~~~
May be she feels that enough has been said by others...

and it would be a waste of her time...

The Bible says..

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>No one ever said that rosey, we think you are another poster named ladi who aborted her baby we all called the baby to drive a point to ladi, that every baby unborn and born is important. You are doing exactly what Foo wants you to do, to spread lies and get people upset.
Knit

You know exactly whom I am ..And that I gave up my child..

I am tired if this ..But what you said to her ..giving her baby agonist name ..taunting her with that name.

Driving home a,point?

You think she FORGOT..But because of your incessant meanness I am afraid that poor woman will never see Jesus as loving ..

4 years knit ...shame on all of you for doing that.

And you telling Ladi to use her BABY IN A BLACK MASS SACRIFICE

Disgusting ..awful .disgraceful ..you make her sad and then gloat.

I forgIve what you Saud about my son ..But being so hateful ..you will have to look to God fir

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If He is God, how can He not be Almighty? Stick a fork in me...I'm done.
Why, as a Catholic, do you refuse to follow their teaching on the matter that is supported by Scripture????

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 444,161 - 444,180 of529,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••