Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640792 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460472 Jul 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The addiction of blasphemy toward God is the epitome of pride...
The devil attempted it...and will burn in hell...eternally..
Angels cannot be redeemed....but man can if he repents...and hasn't sinned his day of grace away.......
Making up more crap that isn't even in the Bible.

What a pack of liars and lunatics!

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460473 Jul 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
I can't take credit.
Oh sure you can Robert. You are a Catholic and that means you can take credit for choosing the ONLY "correct" religion to which to belong. RIGHT???

:)

It's strange how all religions are the correct ones to those who value them. Religion is a convenience for all devout believers.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460474 Jul 9, 2013
I watched and listened to a program this afternoon on television called "Closer to the truth." A rabbi was being interviewed, and he claimed that certain issues had to occur before the real messiah could come to earth, and those issues have not yet occurred.

All people of religion have their ever so special stories that suit their own desires.

What a lot of nonsense.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460475 Jul 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess, as a Protestant, intuitively I accepted by faith, Jesus as Savior, but as time went on, I put Jesus higher and higher, until he became out of reach.
When I first posted with you, you were a Catholic ... then you were an Atheist, and now you are a Catholic again. When did you squeeze in the Protestant religion?

Next you might be claiming you were a Buddhist monk.

The story gets stretched further all the time.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460476 Jul 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
You are in a strict sense correct.
The problem is mine, and I own it. I cannot make you reason with analogy, when it is obviously not in your capability or you refuse to recognize.
It is the point I try to reason with you. Apples and oranges are fruit. But you argue they are not the same.
You are correct. But they are still fruit, and of the same category, which allows me the ability, though you deny me.
An apple is a fruit...an orange is a fruit...but they are not the same fruit...otherwise we would have only apples and not oranges or have only oranges and no apples...pure logic...

They are not in the same category...an orange is of the genus Citrus.

An apple is: Malus (/&#712;me&#618;l& #601;s/[3] or /&#712;mæl&#601;s/), apple, is a genus of about 30–55 species[4] of small deciduous trees or shrubs in the family Rosaceae, including the domesticated orchard apple (M. domestica). The other species are generally known as crabapples, crab apples, crabs, or wild apples.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#460477 Jul 9, 2013
Silly people created silly beliefs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Rome: Gods by Conquest

Vulcan was an ancient Italian fire-god, particularly associated with destructive fire. He was worshipped as a means of averting fires, and his shrines were most numerous where fires were most feared, such as the areas near volcanoes and where grain was stored—notably at the port of Ostia.

Perhaps the most curious custom associated with Vulcan was the sacrifice of live fish, which were thrown on to fires lit on the banks of the Tiber in order to persuade the god to spare more vulnerable objects.

Location hidden

#460478 Jul 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
You asked and answered your own question for me.
You fill up the room, and leave to space.
Your perceived truth, is a truth(especially for you), but not The Truth.
I cannot accept your invitation when your room is full, and no place for me to stand or sit.
You are ignorant from the top of your head to the end of your toes..regards Scripture..

If someone tells you something that sounds intelligent to most people, and you want to repeat it to me...I am willing to listen...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460479 Jul 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first posted with you, you were a Catholic ... then you were an Atheist, and now you are a Catholic again. When did you squeeze in the Protestant religion?
Next you might be claiming you were a Buddhist monk.
The story gets stretched further all the time.
glad that you have seen his words before, I went on supposition, you have had knowledge as to how unstable that Robert is.

so please allow the catholics to claim this kook as their own.

when he posted to me about the DNA, I knew that those were not his words. you don't learn Biology overnight. and since God is a Spirit, he would NEVER have given any DNA to the child of mary.

Location hidden

#460480 Jul 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Noah's ark did not hold water...It sat upon the water...
Isaiah is known as the Messianic Prophet He wrote
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and
his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Your theory just sank...
Add to my list of Scripture:

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Ah await your response...does this verse say that Jesus Christ is God??????!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#460481 Jul 9, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>If my grandma had wheels she'd be a trolley but she doesn't
Actually that's correct, goofy.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#460482 Jul 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Add to my list of Scripture:
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Ah await your response...does this verse say that Jesus Christ is God??????!!!!
Theology fights.

Whadda hoot.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#460483 Jul 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>glad that you have seen his words before, I went on supposition, you have had knowledge as to how unstable that Robert is.
so please allow the catholics to claim this kook as their own.
when he posted to me about the DNA, I knew that those were not his words. you don't learn Biology overnight. and since God is a Spirit, he would NEVER have given any DNA to the child of mary.
Why did God go thru Mary then? Why even bother with a pregnancy and birth?
After all, God is God. He could have easily told Joseph to take Mary as His spouse, then give them a 5 yr old Jesus, like in the movie Superman. Remember? 5 yr old Clark Kent met his step parents on the road after they struck him with the car and he lifted their it up in the air. Jesus could have hoisted Joseph and Mary's Donkey to prove He was the Son of God. Then they would raise Him.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#460484 Jul 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
An apple is a fruit...an orange is a fruit...but they are not the same fruit...otherwise we would have only apples and not oranges or have only oranges and no apples...pure logic...
They are not in the same category...an orange is of the genus Citrus.
An apple is: Malus (/&#712;me&#618;l& #601;s/[3] or /&#712;mæl&#601;s/), apple, is a genus of about 30–55 species[4] of small deciduous trees or shrubs in the family Rosaceae, including the domesticated orchard apple (M. domestica). The other species are generally known as crabapples, crab apples, crabs, or wild apples.
An apple is a fruit....an orange is a fruit....and Oxbow is a nut.
lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#460485 Jul 9, 2013
who="Clay"
After all, God is God. He could have easily told Joseph to take Mary as His spouse, then give them a 5 yr old Jesus, like in the movie Superman. Remember? 5 yr old Clark Kent met his step parents on the road after they struck him with the car and he lifted their it up in the air. Jesus could have hoisted Joseph and Mary's Donkey to prove He was the Son of God. Then they would raise Him.

God CAN do anything He wants to do, any way He wants to do it. BUT He is not an idiot, so He doesn't 'want' to do idiot stuff.

HOW did He manage each detail? Well, God happens to know the 'how', and the 'why'. We don't, because WE ARE NOT GOD.

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#460486 Jul 9, 2013
who="Clay"
God CAN do anything He wants to do, any way He wants to do it. BUT He is not an idiot, so He doesn't 'want' to do idiot stuff.
HOW did He manage each detail? Well, God happens to know the 'how', and the 'why'. We don't, because WE ARE NOT GOD.
KayMarie
Do you agree with Preston that Mary and Jesus did not share any DNA? ie she really wasn't his biological Mother?

btw, forgive me if i didn't represent your views correctly, Preston.
It's very very difficult to keep track of every one of your Biblical beliefs.....and I mean that with sincerity. You guys are all over the place on Biblical understandings.

What say you Kay?
chuck

San Jose, CA

#460487 Jul 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
I can't take credit. I defer to St. Bonaventure. He addressed the issue of a "new flesh" in Mary, and how wrong it was. I merely updated it with "DNA".
I think as Christians we know the Messiah(Jesus) is the one being talked about in Isaiah 11:1, but give less thought of the deeper meaning in the context....
I confess, as a Protestant, intuitively I accepted by faith, Jesus as Savior, but as time went on, I put Jesus higher and higher, until he became out of reach. And I think this is a common problem. It was not until, I re-found the humanity of Christ in Mary, and she led me to the RCC that I had a closer relationship with Jesus.
I do not think this is strictly a "Protestant" problem, rather an awareness of sin begins a struggle in the conscience, in a separation process, which needs reconciliation.(And of course the RCC is a help in the reconciliation process with the sacrament between man and God.)
You said until Jesus become out of reach. I see your problem. We don`t reach for Christ...we don`t go to Christ. Christ comes to us.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460488 Jul 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
I can't take credit. I defer to St. Bonaventure. He addressed the issue of a "new flesh" in Mary, and how wrong it was. I merely updated it with "DNA".
I think as Christians we know the Messiah(Jesus) is the one being talked about in Isaiah 11:1, but give less thought of the deeper meaning in the context....
I confess, as a Protestant, intuitively I accepted by faith, Jesus as Savior, but as time went on, I put Jesus higher and higher, until he became out of reach. And I think this is a common problem. It was not until, I re-found the humanity of Christ in Mary, and she led me to the RCC that I had a closer relationship with Jesus.
I do not think this is strictly a "Protestant" problem, rather an awareness of sin begins a struggle in the conscience, in a separation process, which needs reconciliation.(And of course the RCC is a help in the reconciliation process with the sacrament between man and God.)
Mary led you to the murdering molesting pedophile religious corrupt organization entitled the Roman Catholic church? I wouldn't brag about it!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460489 Jul 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of prophecy you pathetic Roman Catholic murdering, molesting bottom feeding scum bag? How many people did your beloved Roman Catholic church kill during the Inquisition? Millions?? And you brag your a member of Hitler's church!! You would!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#460490 Jul 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you resort to this ignorant response.

who are you to question God? and His method to bring the Savior into this world?

if you choose to bring fictional comics into this thread, it speaks of the Reverance that you give to God and His Son, let alone the surrogate mom.

truthfully, you catholics should be ashamed for the lies that you are telling on Mary. Something no Christian would ever do.

Location hidden

#460491 Jul 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree with Preston that Mary and Jesus did not share any DNA? ie she really wasn't his biological Mother?
btw, forgive me if i didn't represent your views correctly, Preston.
It's very very difficult to keep track of every one of your Biblical beliefs.....and I mean that with sincerity. You guys are all over the place on Biblical understandings.
What say you Kay?
DONT CHANGE MY WORDS. I NEVER SAID THAT JESUS HAD NO DNA FROM MARY.

WHY IS THIS A CATHOLIC TRAIT? YOU HAVE TO LIE JSUT TO TRY AND PROVE A POINT. THIS IS ONLY A FORUM, WHY WOULD YOU ENDANGER YOUR SOUL BY LYING?

I SAID THAT GOD IS A SPIRIT AND THEREFORE COULD NOT CONTRIBUTE ANY DNA TO JESUS.

here is what I said.

but to link him with God the father is impossible sin e there is only the mitochonria from her and not God.lol.

few of you catholics are capable of being truthful. and most of you are filthy liars and I include you in that mix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 2 hr Pat Robertson s F... 23
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? Mon naman 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 20 3way4me 10,092
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
News How much hatred does God have? (Dec '08) May 9 Time again 56
More from around the web