Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,873
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#460156 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they weren't canonized.
Popes weren't canonized as saints ... and yet they had the final words about how the supposed god wanted humans to behave???

WHY ON EARTH would the popes not be saints???

There's something very wrong with that picture. After all according to your Catholic theology didn't Jesus hand the keys of the heavenly kingdom to St. Peter the first pope???

Please explain.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460157 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Some heads are harder than others. The alpha male reference reminded me of my deceased uncle with 4 daughters and one of the most chauvinistic and domineering Archie Bunkers I've ever known.
Those that can not listen(or refuse to) can never learn. They have negated the equation before it began.
Where are you in that equation?

Terrace, Canada

#460158 Jul 8, 2013
Why a nun such as Mother Teresa would be canonized as a saint, and the pope would be overlooked by the supposed god ought to be a mystery that needs solving.

If I were a pope, I would demand my money back from "god."

:)

Location hidden

#460159 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they weren't canonized.
Semantics.
The deeds of attribute follow the entity until the end of time.
Those who "saint"(honour) entities "saint" their good as well as their bad.
It is what it is.
To honour despicability is to be despicable in one's self.
That is why you are told not to "mix" cloths.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460160 Jul 8, 2013
216 220
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbore is not saying that Jesus is an angel. he is trying to prove that Jesus is not God, the Father. and not one Christian is disputing that idea.
so in essence, he is fighting a battle that only he is involved in.lol
Why do you not answer my question instead of bad-mouthing me for showing the truth in Scripture???????

Does the following verses teach that Christ is God??????

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Location hidden

#460162 Jul 8, 2013
Pope Benedict Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>What about the delta female who butts heads because she wants to be a male.
Now, a true alpha male is always right, because he does his home work and is not afraid to adjust his thinking to what is right and true.
The wannabe "alpha" who has not done his homework, and is unknowledgable is nothing more than a fool disguised as an "expert".

Location hidden

#460165 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why a nun such as Mother Teresa would be canonized as a saint, and the pope would be overlooked by the supposed god ought to be a mystery that needs solving.
If I were a pope, I would demand my money back from "god."
:)
Oh That.
You gotta go ta Sicily(like the "new" pope is do'in), where the real DON is. If'a he likes yer deal, you can git some cash an the rest comes in payments (if ya cooperate in/on the future).
That's jist how it works...budda bing...budda boom!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#460166 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Popes weren't canonized as saints ... and yet they had the final words about how the supposed god wanted humans to behave???
WHY ON EARTH would the popes not be saints???
There's something very wrong with that picture. After all according to your Catholic theology didn't Jesus hand the keys of the heavenly kingdom to St. Peter the first pope???
Please explain.
The good ones were, the bad ones weren't. Why is that hard to understand?

Location hidden

#460167 Jul 8, 2013
Pope Benedict Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>What? Koolaid.
No mon...actuality.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#460168 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are incorrect.
The Church that Jesus started took the name "Catholic" in the 1st century, it was the Church at large! Given the name to us by St Ignatius.
Orthodox split 1054 b/c they didnít want to take orders from the Pope.
Pretty much like King Henry VIII, making himself pope to change the marriage rule.
LOL....so that's what they teach you? OK Lets pretend the marriage never took place like your church does.Lets lie about it!The catholic church has rewritten history to their advantage so they can claim the True Church.CAtholic meant UNIVERSAL..NOT CATHOLIC AS IN YOUR CHURCH OF TODAY

Location hidden

#460169 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The good ones were, the bad ones weren't. Why is that hard to understand?
Nah.
Jesus wouldn't hand the church over ta such vermin as yer popes.
They was some o' the most despicable an murderous scoundrels in all o' history!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#460170 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are incorrect.
The Church that Jesus started took the name "Catholic" in the 1st century, it was the Church at large! Given the name to us by St Ignatius.
Orthodox split 1054 b/c they didnít want to take orders from the Pope.
Pretty much like King Henry VIII, making himself pope to change the marriage rule.
Study the Original Church before 1054. Then study the Orthodox and Catholic Church after 1052.Which Church kept the same faith and which had the most innovations. That will give you the Original Church.

Terrace, Canada

#460171 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those that can not listen(or refuse to) can never learn. They have negated the equation before it began.
Where are you in that equation?
Where are all of us in that equation?

My guess is we are as dumb at death as we were at birth.

Terrace, Canada

#460172 Jul 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Study the Original Church before 1054. Then study the Orthodox and Catholic Church after 1052.Which Church kept the same faith and which had the most innovations. That will give you the Original Church.
Hand up ... let me guess ... the supposed "original" church will be the one you favor ... RIGHT???

Story-tellers all prefer their own stories.

Location hidden

#460173 Jul 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Study the Original Church before 1054. Then study the Orthodox and Catholic Church after 1052.Which Church kept the same faith and which had the most innovations. That will give you the Original Church.
Listen Hermi...I don't call 'em cathaholics fer noth'n.
Ther drunk on ther own lies! That's why!
I don't doubt we will have differences of opinion either, but golly!
We will cross that bridge when we come to it too. I hope you guys are "scrappers"! LOL!

Terrace, Canada

#460174 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
Jesus wouldn't hand the church over ta such vermin as yer popes.
They was some o' the most despicable an murderous scoundrels in all o' history!
Well now, if Jesus lived he was not at all fussy. He served under a supposed father that allowed a devil to work his evil in his kingdom, and he never once complained to his supposed father about the issue.

Location hidden

#460175 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the song says...Fools ta the left o' me...jokers ta the right...here I am, stuck in the middle with you!

WHO LOVES YA BABY!?

Location hidden

#460176 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in reincarnation?
If you do, would you explain why.
In reality... I believe we may all be in different parts of that equation...but then again-maybe not.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#460177 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hand up ... let me guess ... the supposed "original" church will be the one you favor ... RIGHT???
Story-tellers all prefer their own stories.
Put that hand down and take that chewing gum out of your mouth. I hope you brought enough for everybody!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460178 Jul 8, 2013
For all of you ROMAN CATHOLICS......

How many popes have gone to Israel?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 5 hr Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Thu pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Thu PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••