Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
443,941 - 443,960 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No Southern Baptists teach that Jesus is and was not Divine .
That's crazy
Trinity..Virgin birth ..crucifixion..resurrection.
Same...
I have no clue as to what Ox is getting at ..
But we do not believe any mystery ..theology about JESUS ..himself that I found any contradictions with .
We are believed born again by belief in the savingbloodof the Sacrifice of the fully human..fully divine Saviour Jesus Christ.
He took our Sins to the cross..defeating death with His Resurrection .
We repent our Sins and accept this saving sacrifice..washing our Sin with His blood.
All done By Him
Through the Spirit
WE are given FAITH through the free gift of Grace.
TRINITY ALL DIVINE.
The only way to the Father is through the Son.
We are Baptized..not to save us but as symbolic of the New Life in Christ .in obedience to Christ ...
Is tried to tell me SBC believed something different on BAPTISM.
HE was wrong and if he r saying Christ was not divine ..That is wrong .
But then. I have no idea what he is saying
You wrote....
"No Southern Baptists teach that Jesus is and was not Divine .
That's crazy
Trinity..Virgin birth ..crucifixion..resurrection.
Same..."

You are correct, OX is incorrect.

Wonder who he is listening to or is he making up new interpretations.

My dear husband is a convert to Catholic from the So. Baptist and he was taught The Trinity as a Baptist, and totally beliefs it as a Catholic!!
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
“5. These prayers that were thus accepted in heaven produced great changes upon earth in return to them; the same angel that in his censer offered up the prayers of the saints in the same censer took of the fire of the altar”
Did you read what you posted??? lol
You are agreeing with us Catholics!! Previously you said the saints can NOT hear, now you agree?? If they can’t hear why are they [the saints] taking prayers to the altar in heaven?
They are NOT dead!! They are Alive with Christ!!
Remember “today you will be with me in paradise”
----------Jesus Christ
Remember Elijah ? He appeared to Jesus.
Remember Moses and Elijah conversing with Jesus?
Peter was a witness and asked Jesus if he should set up a tent?
You are one confused women! Pretty much like the founder of your lil' church.
[Big D says no saints in heaven. LTM says there are saints in heaven] Hmmm, self interpretation?
The prayers of the saint of God on earth, not the ones in Heaven already, go read it again your not understanding what was written StarC.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
O M G ! how are you? I see the supreme deity HASN'T struck you dead either!
I am absolutely THRILLED to see you back at it my friend!
You have been sorely missed by this ole' dog!
Thanks BT, Good to see you too. I don't know if I'll spend too much time in this thread though. June might accuse me of stalking her ;) Plus this seems more like a thread where various religions, especially of the "christian" variety argue over nonsense like which one is "true." LMMFAO! My Zeus can beat up your Thor! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only live saints can pray, those who have left this world can not.
You didn't answer my question. What about the thief on the cross, is he alive or dead in heaven?

Jesus said, "today you will be with me in paradise."

What about Rev. are those saints that take up the prayers dead?

What about Elijah? Was he dead when he and Jesus conversed?

Pentecostal teachings are false, go by what Jesus really taught to HIS Apostles and His Church.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
“5. These prayers that were thus accepted in heaven produced great changes upon earth in return to them; the same angel that in his censer offered up the prayers of the saints in the same censer took of the fire of the altar”
You are agreeing with us Catholics!! Previously you said the saints can NOT hear, now you agree?? If they can’t hear why are they [the saints] taking prayers to the altar in heaven?
----------Jesus Christ
[Big D says no saints in heaven. LTM says there are saints in heaven] Hmmm, self interpretation?
StarC.
(3. The prayers of the saints themselves stand in need of the incense and intercession of Christ to make them acceptable and effectual,)
This verse tells me that the saints who are in need of intercession of Christ, are still on earth.
Saints that are already in Heaven, have been accepted already.
They do not need the incense or intercession of Christ, they are safe in Heaven been accepted.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only live saints can pray, those who have left this world can not.
Well then we would come to the question of---who ARE the live saints.
And in exactly WHAT dimension is the deity?...And is it even possible for it or them to interact with this dimension without collapsing the integrity of the space-tome continuum?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t ol/news/world/europe/article57 4768.ece
"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true...
... The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible...
... The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible ...
... They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.
... Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”
Hasn't that been the very problem for mankind since the inception of it's inappropriate doctrines?
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
----------Jesus Christ
5. These prayers that were thus accepted in heaven produced great changes upon earth in return to them; the same angel that in his censer offered up the prayers of the saints in the same censer took of the fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth, and this presently caused strange commotions, voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake; these were the answers God gave to the prayers of the saints, and tokens of his anger against the world and that he would do great things to avenge himself and his people of their enemies; and now, all things being thus prepared, the angels discharge their duty.

"THIS VERSE TELLS US OF THE JUDGEMENT THAT IS TO COME ON THE EARTH THE ANGELS THAT WERE CHOSEN TO DISCARGE THEIR DUTY'S .
GOD AVENGING HIMSELF , AND HIS PEOPLE .
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Finally you said something new..
You wrote....
"You can't say Diddly Squat to Oxs interpretations."
Your great intelligence let us know that "Squats first name is Diddly"
You Roman Catholics have mentioned Squat before...
Is that one of your patron saints...a mystery only Roman Catholics Know
about..
Is he the author of your confusion of face?
one of your Lil god's....
You have to admit by now, sola scripture is of the devil. What a brilliant strategy by the evil one, to get everybody in a doctrinal tailspin. Nobody is quite sure what Christianity is; what Jesus Christ is; the Eucharist is eliminated; Water Baptism is eliminated.; Confession is eliminated (or really not necessary anymore because you believe in Christ and you're saved no matter what). The Priest and Mass are eliminated. Same sex marriage is marriage is ok, because marriage isn't about procreation anymore. It about finding someone to have sex with for the rest of your life

This is what you guys have done to sacred scripture. Its an abomination. You guys look nothing like what the Apostles died preaching about.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped reading as soon as I reached the name "Schuller". They may as well be in bed with Benny Hinn and ole' Creflow!
Oh BTW.....[I'm happy its with the same ex-wife]

Benny Hinn divorce and remarriage

The couple had been separated since 2010, with the prosperity gospel preacher revealing that several problems had split them apart – including Suzanne's struggles with drug dependency and Benny Hinn's hectic schedule that pulled him away from his family for extended periods of time.
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/benny.h...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks BT, Good to see you too. I don't know if I'll spend too much time in this thread though. June might accuse me of stalking her ;) Plus this seems more like a thread where various religions, especially of the "christian" variety argue over nonsense like which one is "true." LMMFAO! My Zeus can beat up your Thor! LOL
YA!
You pretty much hit the nail on the head Brother!
It is still good to see you post!
I truly hope you are doing better(you know what I mean).
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbore is not saying that Jesus is an angel. he is trying to prove that Jesus is not God, the Father. and not one Christian is disputing that idea.
so in essence, he is fighting a battle that only he is involved in.lol
Preston:

You might be right.

I don't understand what he is trying to convey.(Maybe because he doesn't understand either?)
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then we would come to the question of---who ARE the live saints.
And in exactly WHAT dimension is the deity?...And is it even possible for it or them to interact with this dimension without collapsing the integrity of the space-tome continuum?
THE LIVING SAINTS ARE GODS PEOPLE; HIS HOLY PURE RIGHTEOUS CHURCH. WHO ARE STILL ALIVE ON EARTH.
People do not have to die to became saints,
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't wondering when I place you and oxbore in the same bag.
I never had any respect for you when it came to religion and your posts that you made to June on another forum vindicated my opine of YOU.
the catholics are welcome to you, God has no place in your heart, and your posts are proof positive of that.
you can wear the clothing of a sheep, and deceive lots of people, but me you didn't, and what is funny is that I take a lot of flack because of it. But that is Biblical, and all a person has to do is read about the false religious people that opposed Jeremiah
Preston:

lol. So you are in the same bag as June?

No. I am not looking for respect, so what you may think is what you believe.

Don't let the flack get you down.

I have been led to reread/study the Book of Jeremiah, thanks for the confirmation.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture all experts as if they are mammals
Christopher Hitchens
June:

Written by another one of your experts, I suppose?
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And because you are certain a Jew is inclined to save your Catholic butt from Catholic hell ... you are sure to have the word of god INTACT ... RIGHT ... oh knowing one?
Silly people!
June:

Are you quite certain you know of the proximity of heaven and hell?

I know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
THE LIVING SAINTS ARE GODS PEOPLE; HIS HOLY PURE RIGHTEOUS CHURCH. WHO ARE STILL ALIVE ON EARTH.
People do not have to die to became saints,
Nope ...they sure don't I know many who fit that category. I don't need any "church" to tell me who they are either.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very dishonest.
We both know that you presume you will go to heaven and others will go to hell.
You can't be honest with your self because you are not even honest with me!
The fact is ... you don't even know if a god exists, much less if a god loves you. You simply presume it is true.
I suggest you try to be honest.
June:

Are you speaking to me?

It seems you are speaking for New Age Spiritual Leader....

You both have much in common. I miss him as well. But perhaps he needs a rest....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Written by another one of your experts, I suppose?
I will say this...

Experts are experts until such time that they are proven deficient in their expertise.
I hope no one ever notates me as "expert"....there is really no such thing or character.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What cowboy did was only c change my post in HIS REPLY ..the original is still there ..I looked.
You can write anything in your replies..change words..even change names
In the reply ..
RoSesz:

Yes. I am glad you understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 1 hr psycho 4
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 3 hr Hick 30
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Cultastic 8,187
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••