Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591267 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#460130 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Written by another one of your experts, I suppose?
I will say this...

Experts are experts until such time that they are proven deficient in their expertise.
I hope no one ever notates me as "expert"....there is really no such thing or character.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460131 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What cowboy did was only c change my post in HIS REPLY ..the original is still there ..I looked.
You can write anything in your replies..change words..even change names
In the reply ..
RoSesz:

Yes. I am glad you understand.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#460132 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. if you can ever find one post where I bring up some "fantasy doctrine", lets see it.
JUST BECAUSE I AM SMARTER THAN MOST OF YOU ON THIS FORUM, DOESNT MEAN THAT I AM WRONG, JUST MORE KNOWLEDGABLE.
FANTASY DOCTRINE(MARYIASM, or more appropriate Sodomizing Priestism) IS WHAT CATHOLICS BRING TO THIS FORUM, SO I WOULDNT BE PUFFING OUT MY CHEST IF I WERE YOU.
WRONG IS WRONG, AND THAT IS WHAT I STAND AGAINST, NO MATTER WHO PRODUCES IT.
The only difference between you two kooks is that you're more dangerous because you have poor saps listening to you on Wednesdays and Sundays.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#460133 Jul 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
THE LIVING SAINTS ARE GODS PEOPLE; HIS HOLY PURE RIGHTEOUS CHURCH. WHO ARE STILL ALIVE ON EARTH.
People do not have to die to became saints,
Saints that are living on earth in an adulteress marriage? Or an "unlawful marriage" Are those really saints?

Don't think so!!!!

Location hidden

#460134 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Are you quite certain you know of the proximity of heaven and hell?
I know.
Unless you know of a dimension below the 1st, there is no possibility of it existing...except in the mind of the one who would perceive it...and that would be an "abstract" rather than a reality for the individual, and even less so for the majority.
Actuality sucks ...doesn't it?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460135 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
"hard headed Alpha male"
lol!
Anthony MN

Quite a few around.(smiles)

It has something to do with goats butting heads as well(smiles).

We are stuck in a mindset of wanting to be right.

#460136 Jul 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
StarC.
(3. The prayers of the saints themselves stand in need of the incense and intercession of Christ to make them acceptable and effectual,)
This verse tells me that the saints who are in need of intercession of Christ, are still on earth.
Saints that are already in Heaven, have been accepted already.
They do not need the incense or intercession of Christ, they are safe in Heaven been accepted.
But....before you said no one is in heaven b/c they are dead.

So now the Saints are in heaven??? Are they alive with Christ since they are accepted?

Like it says in 1 Cor 15: 21- 22.

#460138 Jul 8, 2013
Must run now, have a great evening everyone.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#460140 Jul 8, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I'll spend too much time in this thread though. June might accuse me of stalking her ;)
I don't believe you ARE stalking me or that anyone else is stalking me. Forums are for opinions ... ALL opinions.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#460141 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I never said (per se) ha annie had no idea what he was talking about. I always said that Jesus never TOLD HIM TO BAPTISE PAUL TO WASH AWAY HIS SINS.
and every Christian on here will not disagree with me on that issue.
and I stand on the fact that mary was a surrogate mom and I have proved that constantly.
google what the word "surrogate" means and stands for.
there was an agreement between mary and God. she accepted that agreement and allowed God to Place Himself in her womb.
the fact that it is over your head and others takes nothing away from this contract made to her and sealed by the Holy Ghost
God told St. Paul he would be told what to do. Period.
And your goofy surrogate fantasy is so far out in left field that 99.9% of the Christian community would laugh you out the door.

You're a kook. The only following you have are the 35 people who show up to your bible thumping sessions.

Terrace, Canada

#460142 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Saints that are living on earth in an adulteress marriage? Or an "unlawful marriage" Are those really saints?
Don't think so!!!!
From your opinion, were those Catholic popes that ordered the torture and killing of innocent humans as heretics and witches ... saints???

They were canonized as saints.

Do you pray to them for help and expect to receive any help?

How gullible you are to believe that men can ordain other men and women into states of supposed perfection.

Location hidden

#460143 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN
Really? I don't think that is accurate at all.
I have been in error several times in the last 30 + years in my research. I have accepted it it and regrouped my thinking and continued on.
I do not believe that "religionists" are capable of that attribute.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460144 Jul 8, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow, you add some good points to the discussions and are generally sound in your docrrine, but to continue to beat this dead horse only serves to lesson your credibility and does no good for the cause of Christ. Prayerfully reconsider.
I do not consider quoting Scripture as beating a dead horse...

However..I do clearly hear you...(pray-fully reconsider)...
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460145 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this...
Experts are experts until such time that they are proven deficient in their expertise.
I hope no one ever notates me as "expert"....there is really no such thing or character.
Black Thunder 42

The point is that when one person uses, relies on, or attributes to an expert's opinion, it still remains an opinion.

That is why scientists are not good moralists. They merely interpret data based on their own opinions.

I learned a long time ago not to rely on "experts". But I suppose that is for each of us to discover....

Location hidden

#460146 Jul 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
But....before you said no one is in heaven b/c they are dead.
So now the Saints are in heaven??? Are they alive with Christ since they are accepted?
Like it says in 1 Cor 15: 21- 22.
They are just as dead as the dog that was run over by a semi!
If you do not believe it...dig them up.
Tell me what you find when you do.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460147 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you know of a dimension below the 1st, there is no possibility of it existing...except in the mind of the one who would perceive it...and that would be an "abstract" rather than a reality for the individual, and even less so for the majority.
Actuality sucks ...doesn't it?
Black Thunder 42

Got to go. I will get back to you on this....
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#460148 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN
Some heads are harder than others. The alpha male reference reminded me of my deceased uncle with 4 daughters and one of the most chauvinistic and domineering Archie Bunkers I've ever known.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#460149 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From your opinion, were those Catholic popes that ordered the torture and killing of innocent humans as heretics and witches ... saints???
They were canonized as saints.
Do you pray to them for help and expect to receive any help?
How gullible you are to believe that men can ordain other men and women into states of supposed perfection.
Um, they weren't canonized.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460150 Jul 8, 2013
215 217
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>As a man called by God to preach His Word, that would place me in jeopardy of losing my soul to deny the truth of His Word. however for me to stand against a kook like you(and Robert fits that mold also)is Precisely what God wants us to do.
It isn't His Word that is being denied, it is you who chooses to try and use it to deceive others.
thankfully, not one person on here and that includes the catholics are being fooled by your senility, and if you would perchance to fool some unsuspecting person, YOU PLACE YOUR SOUL IN THE FLAMES OF HELLFIRE.
In other words, you cannot deny the truth in these verses, and you would rather I leave...that will not happen....

See: Son of God, His Son, His Son, His Son, His Father, my beloved Son....

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

BTW..Your denomionation teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????

Terrace, Canada

#460151 Jul 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="Pope Benedict Arnold
The RCC does not rule God.[/QUOTE]

Everybody that believes in the existence of a god and posts on this forum claims to know what the supposed god demands of human behavior ... yet rarely do they agree on anything.

If religion didn't cause so much trouble, it would be ever so humorous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 9,423
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 15 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 15 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 17 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy Sun KristoFMYsagun 16
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) May 29 KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) May 29 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web