Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703654 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460252 Jul 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's what you think it is? Brainwashing? Lol
I say that's impossible. Well, possible for some people. But not me or anybody I know. I'm not Catholic because of any other reason accept my own free will.
I look at the first 50 yrs of Christianity, and I say there HAD to be divine guidance for this religion to survive that long.
I mean, you have a Messiah who was a poor homeless man, supposedly the Son of God, tried and executed. He was betrayed by one of His followers and most abandoned Him at the cross anyway. These guy were poorly educated; rag tag group who was given the responsibility of telling the world about Jesus. All but one was arrested and executed by the end of the first century along with most of their Disciples.
Its crazy. Christianity shouldn't have lasted 50 yrs. And even until 313 AD, 31 of the first 32 Popes were executed. Countless leaders known as Bishops and Priest were killed. On paper, nobody in their right mind would want to be a Christian. Yet, it spread throughout the world??
Clay...speak to me!!!!

Does the following verses teach that Christ is God?????? It reveals the truth....that is the last thing Catholics want to face...so they turn tail and run...cowards...!!!!!

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

BTW..Your denomionation teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????

Location hidden

#460253 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen people change names ..ideas ..stupid if you ask me
Anybody home!!!!

I read it..quoting your words and asking you to show support for same is not arguing....

You said:"The serpent was at the tree with her ..He has been depicted on the tree."....Ah said: answer the question....where are you reading this????

You said: "The rest is in the fall in Genesis clearly stated"...Ah said: answer the question...where are you reading this????

You said:Gen 2:16. God speaks to Adam.
Ah said: So?????

You said: Gen 3. Eve tells the serpent what she has been told
Do not eat. Do not touch

I said: Ge 3 has 24 verses....where in Ge 3 are you reading this????

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460254 Jul 8, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>My grandpap was a coal miner. That was my man and I was his boy. I would sit for hours by his chair listening to him.I have his shelali used to fight the union busters. Rough times.
Molly Maguire ?

Same here on my mom's side.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#460255 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
With a "ridiculous statement" such as this your intelligence, wisdom and rationale has reached the depths of "new lows"!......... The Catholic Church doesn't teach this nor does any Catholic believe this and "YOU know it"!!!
It was infallibly taught for about 1500 years.

Are you saying the RCC was wrong for 1500 years?

Mary has been Queen of Heaven for a much shorter time than that.

In fact since 1917, devotion to Mary's heart saves souls too.

Satan is a real jokester.

Location hidden

#460256 Jul 8, 2013
224 215 217

Ah am waiting!!!!!

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You did not answer my question. Why not? So should I now address you as you do Anthony; as a coward? Now will you answer the question? And tell me who the three persons of the trinity are.
----------

Christians know God Almighty is The Father, the Son, the Holy spirit...

Now, show me the Holy Trinity with Jesus Christ as being God Almighty.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#460257 Jul 8, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
...Are you saying the RCC was wrong for 1500 years?....
They have been wrong since 350 AD.

Location hidden

#460258 Jul 8, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow, you add some good points to the discussions and are generally sound in your docrrine, but to continue to beat this dead horse only serves to lesson your credibility and does no good for the cause of Christ. Prayerfully reconsider.
Looking over past posts...I responded, with Scripture, every time a non Christian said: "God is Christ" or "Christ is God" or "Jesus is God"...

When that happens, do you want me, as a son of God, to remain silent, and not defend the truth in the Word of God????
marge

Leesburg, GA

#460259 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
116 124
<quoted text>
charakter, a graver (the tool or the person), i.e.(by implication) engraving (("character"), the figure stamped, i.e. an exact copy or (figuratively) representation):--express image.
It do not, as non Christians teach, that Christ is God Almighty...
There 'is One God', is what the Bible teaches Ox, of course we no longer worship HIM in the flesh but in the Spirit.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460260 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
With a "ridiculous statement" such as this your intelligence, wisdom and rationale has reached the depths of "new lows"!......... The Catholic Church doesn't teach this nor does any Catholic believe this and "YOU know it"!!!
Then please tell us hojo, how would a non-catholic be saved?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460261 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a prime example of the crowd that makes up the average Southern baptist. I'm still convinced he's a 60 year old mouth-breathing nose-picker sitting in mom's basement giggling at his brilliance.
Beg your pardon.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460262 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
215 217
<quoted text>
Christians know God Almighty is The Father, the Son, the Holy spirit...
Now, show me the Holy Trinity with Jesus Christ as being God Almighty....
So The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. Well I believe you have finally got it. Now shut up about it and quit showing your ignorance. BTW, what you are trying to argue is not Southern Baptist doctrine.

Location hidden

#460263 Jul 8, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There 'is One God', is what the Bible teaches Ox, of course we no longer worship HIM in the flesh but in the Spirit.
Quote: Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Are you standing there before me and the world, goggle-eyed, flat-footed, bat eared, and saying that God, in the flesh, was dirty...needed to be cleansed from all filthiness?????

Quote: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

And are you saying that God, in the flesh, was an adulterer, a fornicator, unclean, and full of lasciviousness..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#460264 Jul 8, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God......
That makes three Gods.

A deity giving birth to itself then killing itself to become a magic ghost is ridiculous.

The mythological Worm Ouroboros makes infinitely more sense.

Location hidden

#460265 Jul 8, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. Well I believe you have finally got it. Now shut up about it and quit showing your ignorance. BTW, what you are trying to argue is not Southern Baptist doctrine.

I am not arguing...simply showing the truth from Scripture...which is that Christ is not God Almighty...

Why do you not believe the Catholic teaching that Christ is the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race???

SBC:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin. He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His substitutionary death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body and appeared to His disciples as the person who was with them before His crucifixion. He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever present Lord.

Genesis 18:1ff.; Psalms 2:7ff.; 110:1ff.; Isaiah 7:14; 53; Matthew 1:18-23; 3:17; 8:29; 11:27; 14:33; 16:16,27; 17:5; 27; 28:1-6,19; Mark 1:1; 3:11; Luke 1:35; 4:41; 22:70; 24:46; John 1:1-18,29; 10:30,38; 11:25-27; 12:44-50; 14:7-11; 16:15-16,28; 17:1-5, 21-22; 20:1-20,28; Acts 1:9; 2:22-24; 7:55-56; 9:4-5,20; Romans 1:3-4; 3:23-26; 5:6-21; 8:1-3,34; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 2:2; 8:6; 15:1-8,24-28; 2 Corinthians 5:19-21; 8:9; Galatians 4:4-5; Ephesians 1:20; 3:11; 4:7-10; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:13-22; 2:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; 3:16; Titus 2:13-14; Hebrews 1:1-3; 4:14-15; 7:14-28; 9:12-15,24-28; 12:2; 13:8; 1 Peter 2:21-25; 3:22; 1 John 1:7-9; 3:2; 4:14-15; 5:9; 2 John 7-9; Revelation 1:13-16; 5:9-14; 12:10-11; 13:8; 19:16.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460266 Jul 8, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. Well I believe you have finally got it. Now shut up about it and quit showing your ignorance. BTW, what you are trying to argue is not Southern Baptist doctrine.
chill out, that is exactly what he wishes for us to do, is lose our tempers so he can gloat. he is not trying to share the gospel and only he knows what foolishness he is trying to garner

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460267 Jul 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not arguing...simply showing the truth from Scripture...which is that Christ is not God Almighty...
SO,WHO IS SAYING THAT HE IS?

you are waring against yourself as I have already said.

you start the arguments, not us.

it has got to the place that no one cares what you say, and what you say is only for the senility that you show forth
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#460268 Jul 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you not believe the Catholic teaching that Christ is the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race???
SBC:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin. He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His substitutionary death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body and appeared to His disciples as the person who was with them before His crucifixion. He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever present Lord.
Genesis 18:1ff.; Psalms 2:7ff.; 110:1ff.; Isaiah 7:14; 53; Matthew 1:18-23; 3:17; 8:29; 11:27; 14:33; 16:16,27; 17:5; 27; 28:1-6,19; Mark 1:1; 3:11; Luke 1:35; 4:41; 22:70; 24:46; John 1:1-18,29; 10:30,38; 11:25-27; 12:44-50; 14:7-11; 16:15-16,28; 17:1-5, 21-22; 20:1-20,28; Acts 1:9; 2:22-24; 7:55-56; 9:4-5,20; Romans 1:3-4; 3:23-26; 5:6-21; 8:1-3,34; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 2:2; 8:6; 15:1-8,24-28; 2 Corinthians 5:19-21; 8:9; Galatians 4:4-5; Ephesians 1:20; 3:11; 4:7-10; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:13-22; 2:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; 3:16; Titus 2:13-14; Hebrews 1:1-3; 4:14-15; 7:14-28; 9:12-15,24-28; 12:2; 13:8; 1 Peter 2:21-25; 3:22; 1 John 1:7-9; 3:2; 4:14-15; 5:9; 2 John 7-9; Revelation 1:13-16; 5:9-14; 12:10-11; 13:8; 19:16.
Fully God and Fully Man.......I don't even understand the point you are trying to make.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#460269 Jul 9, 2013
I guess if you can believe in zombies, you can believe any fantasy story.

Not sure why you have so many contradictory stories though.

Location hidden

#460270 Jul 9, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Fully God and Fully Man.......I don't even understand the point you are trying to make.
The point I have been showing from the beginning which you and others like you refuse to accept...

SBC excerpt:

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..

Almost verbatim by SBC and the vatacan!!!!!

He ain't, was not, will never be,God Almighty!!!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#460271 Jul 9, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Then please tell us hojo, how would a non-catholic be saved?
Go and read the Catholic Catechism that parallels and compliments the bible, and figure it out for yourself..... I am not going to waste my time with your bible only Protestant "question and answer game" that you "fundies" keep playing with other each other and other Catholics on this forum--which is a (total waste of time)....My time is better spend at Daily Mass, receiving Jesus Christs TRUE body and blood, in the Eucharist, hearing Gods Word in the Scriptures, receiving the other Sacraments and in prayer in the Adoration Chapel before the blessed Sacrament.....Go argue, discuss and debate your "merry-go-round" contradicting, and conflicting bible only (relative truth) beliefs with your other 42,000 inconsistent Protestants.....I'll continue to remain with the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church......You can do what you want!!!....It makes no difference to me!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1