Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641071 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#459829 Jul 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
As your good friend June likes to say:
:)
Besides, why should you care? You don't believe in God. Aren't you the one who thinks he came from another planet?...lol
John Carroll and the first American Catholics would never have denied the validity of their neighbor's Church.

Yet this board is your banner.

Why?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#459830 Jul 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't use "all have sinned" as ammunition to insist Mary was a sinner then cite infants, children and mentally handicapped as an exception.
~~~~

I have more about Children being innocent that you have your myth and fables

about Mary.

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

JESUS WAS THE ONLY ONE OF WHICH IS WRITTEN ...IN THE BIBLE.

(THAT WAS BEGOTTEN OF FATHER)

THAT WAS FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH...NO OTHER PERSON QUALIFIES...

MARY WAS NOT GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN DAUGHTER...

THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY MARY.... WAS FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH

Her words were...

Luk_1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord;

-->

And the angel departed from her.

You lying Roman Catholics...

deviate from God's word ...and the words of Mary ..who said to the angel...

"be it unto me according to thy word."

and add your own...YO MAKE HER AS OMETHING THAT GOD NEVER INTENDED HER TO BE...

Your fables myth lies and worship of MARY could cost you your eternal..

souls

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#459831 Jul 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm afraid that's not the reason for the rejection of the Septuagint. Where exactly did you hear such a thing? Christ and the Apostles referenced the Septuagint numerous times throughout the NT. That's just a fact, Rose.
Did you know that the proper name for those books which the protestants removed from the Bible is deuterocanonical? Protestants use the incorrect term of apocrypha in the pejorative sense. There are, in fact, apocryphal writings which give valuable information about Christ and His early church, but they were not included in the Canon of Scripture.
You might find this helpful:
5 Myths about 7 Books
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe...
Since it actually makes no difference to Salvation .I honestly say it does NOT make any difference ..a book of a fictional character??
I might read them

I do want to read Maccabees

But the words of my LORD AND the apostles???

That is different . But THanks

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459832 Jul 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
about Mary.
Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Her words were...
-->
souls
About your calling the RCC liars,isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black,LOL because you can tell some pretty good whoppers yourself,LOL.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#459833 Jul 7, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
John Carroll and the first American Catholics would never have denied the validity of their neighbor's Church.
Yet this board is your banner.
Why?
No one has denied the validity of anyone's church, BM. Why do you insist they have?

Bishop Carroll did not believe that Christ taught more than one set of truths. Again, why do you insist that He did?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459834 Jul 7, 2013
Trivia question. Which part of the Bible did Nebuchadnezzar write?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459835 Jul 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You will never prove a religion through the Bible June.
Hector Avalos is right, "I realized I have no evidence for any religion being true," and he never will, because the Bible isn't about a religion the Bible is about Jesus Christ, and God's plan of salvation for all man kind.
You are hung up about religion, so your argument really isn't against God but religions.
And so they should be.Religions are nothing more than the deviate constructions of "priests" who want to control subjugates and become powerful and wealthy.

#459836 Jul 7, 2013

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459837 Jul 7, 2013
Oh you guys need to read this as well. This is describing Satan aka the Prince of Tyrus and the King of Tyre which are nothing but a couple more of the many names and titles Satan has. This is showing God judging Satan and passing sentence on him though the sentence has not as of yet been carried out.

http://www.theseason.org/ezekiel/ezekiel28.ht...

Many Christians erroneously think Satan is going to burn in hell for all eterntiy with the "lost" but if one reads the chapter carefully they will be able to see where God states that He is going to bring a fore from within Satan and he is going to be turned to ashes. Only God can destory or kill a soul. I guess that's why He is called the consuming fire. And when He is called the consuming fire, that's exactly what it means. He consumes. He is going to consume Satan to the point that he is turned to ashes as stated in Ezekiel 28.

#459838 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>About your calling the RCC liars,isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black,LOL because you can tell some pretty good whoppers yourself,LOL.
Let not a homosexual say so...

Location hidden

#459839 Jul 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is June, that I don't bully ANYONE!! It is you and the Protestants that "cannot exist" without attacking, ripping and condemning Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Your "personal beliefs" (atheists, agnostics or bible only Protestant are (totally dependent upon bullying and attacking our Catholic Faith!!!
It seems you consider anyone who offers an opposing opinion or facts in that regard a "bully"....You are not alone.

#459840 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
about Mary.
Her words were...
-->
souls
~~~

Luk 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid

HANDMADE DEFINED...IN GREEK...

G1399
&#948;&#959;&#965; &#769;&#955;&#951;
doule&#772;
doo'-lay
Feminine of G1401; a female slave (involuntarily or voluntarily):- handmaid (-en).

of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459841 Jul 7, 2013
One can find all kind of crap on the internet. Though the RCC is A FALSE RELIGION JUST LIKE YOURS,the RCC will not give rise to the Anti-Christ. Scripture tells us exactly where the AC will rise in the following verse...

The AC will rise in the Middle East.....IN JUDEA and I advise you guys research the wPhrase ...THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION because it leaves something out of the translation as written the way it is in scripture. It should read..THE DESOLATOR. There is only one entity that is the DESOLATOR AND THAT IS SATAN. And he will be pretending to to be a human being though he will probably be passing himself off as a "JEW". He will have phenomenal powers so much so that he will be able to call fire down from heaven among other mind blowing miracles. How? Because God gives him his powers to do that for a little season.

So till the Pope becomes able to call fire down from heaven then he is NOT the Anti-Christ.

Orlando, FL

#459842 Jul 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has denied the validity of anyone's church, BM. Why do you insist they have?
Bishop Carroll did not believe that Christ taught more than one set of truths. Again, why do you insist that He did?
Two Satanic lies.

Lie #1... The RCC claims that Protestant Churches are not "true churches."

Lie #2... I never once expressed an opinion about what John Carroll believed about Jesus.

John Carroll knew that Jesus and the RCC were not one and the same. You do not.

Two shameful lies from the depths. The truth stands. John Carroll was a great American. He would have never denied the Churches of his fellow Americans.

Location hidden

#459843 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Fool. So when was Pharoah ever in the Garden of Eden? If you go back and RE-READ the 31st chapter of Ezekiel you will see that it states that all the TREES IN EDEN envied him. Trees can
t envy. Even BOO BOO THE FOOL should be able to see that this is not talking about any literal tree nor is it talkign about Pharoah. Pharoah was never in Eden. You Biblically illiterate moronic imbecile.
If you ever want to have any understanding if what the "tree", the "serpent", or any other symbols really mean, you need to forget about the perverted context of your bible in their respect. Then, and only then will you understand what all the eludes within your texts actually refer to. Moses wrote in "glyphs". Ezra did NOT translate most of it accurately at all. Your books are very poor and lacking mistranslations of any previous information that was ever conveyed since the very beginning. So were many of the Egyptian and Indian writings of later years. That puts the Greek (who schooled in both nations) at a very bad disadvantage in conveying any original concepts.
It is no wonder your books are so very contradictory and incomprehensible.

Orlando, FL

#459844 Jul 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction...

Answers to two Satanic lies.

Answer to Regina's Lie #1... The RCC claims that Protestant Churches are not "true churches."

Answer to Regina's Lie #2... I never once expressed an opinion about what John Carroll believed about Jesus.

John Carroll knew that Jesus and the RCC were not one and the same. You do not.

Two shameful lies from the depths. The truth stands. John Carroll was a great American. He would have never denied the Churches of his fellow Americans.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#459845 Jul 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rosesz, I shouldn't complain we have only had to buy 4 computers in our lifetime, the first one was used and the other three still work fine. The men here are all computer tech savy so they can fix anything.
Great I had read you had an IE problem ..take care :)
GOD BLESS
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#459846 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it actually makes no difference to Salvation .I honestly say it does NOT make any difference ..a book of a fictional character??
I might read them
I do want to read Maccabees
But the words of my LORD AND the apostles???
That is different . But THanks
The Book of Tobit? Excellent lesson, you should read it.

Maccabees is, of course, the history of Hanukkah!!

I misspoke in my first post...praying for the dead is a very Jewish practice, that's where the early Church got it from and she has never stopped. Prayers for the dead were found inscribed in the Catacombs. A couple of neat pictures here:
http://www.catholic-convert.com/blog/2012/05/...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#459847 Jul 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and Mary called Joseph , His father.
so now we have a never ending cycle.
except for one thing.
Jesus said before Abraham was, I am.
thereby indicating that he had no mother.
mary was a surrogate mother in that fashion ONLY.
Jesus was still God, even in the womb.
mary was never His mother in the strictest sense, just as joseph was never His father either.
I understand that easily, catholics are blind and cant see anything, or else they wouldn't be a catholic.
Whatever cowboy.

He was David's,biological descendant through Mary.

She was HIS mother .
But you believe as you choose.
God bless

#459848 Jul 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
One can find all kind of crap on the internet. Though the RCC is A FALSE RELIGION JUST LIKE YOURS,the RCC will not give rise to the Anti-Christ. Scripture tells us exactly where the AC will rise in the following verse...
The AC will rise in the Middle East.....IN JUDEA and I advise you guys research the wPhrase ...THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION because it leaves something out of the translation as written the way it is in scripture. It should read..THE DESOLATOR. There is only one entity that is the DESOLATOR AND THAT IS SATAN. And he will be pretending to to be a human being though he will probably be passing himself off as a "JEW". He will have phenomenal powers so much so that he will be able to call fire down from heaven among other mind blowing miracles. How? Because God gives him his powers to do that for a little season.
So till the Pope becomes able to call fire down from heaven then he is NOT the Anti-Christ.
~~~

WE ARE WARNED OF THOSE SUCH AS YOUR SELF IN THE WORD OF GOD

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 min I recently left 10,097
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 7 hr truth 45
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric Tue Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? Mon naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web