Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,239
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459563 Jul 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not hold Emperor Constantine's approved collection of texts as the sole authority regarding Jesus and God ?
Good for you! There are over 100 early Christian texts just as valid as any in the NT. Constantine and the Roman Church banned and suppressed them 300 years after Jesus died.
Prior to that Christianity flourished in a variety of forms throughout Egypt, the Middle East and Europe.
Although the New Testament canon came after Constantine, I do not find any evidence the Emperor had any say in the compilation of Books.

Your second assertion that that the 'Roman Church' banned and suppressed them (certain Christian writings) is unfounded.

However, the Roman Empire did destroy countless Christian scriptures before God converted them.(See the persecution that began on February 24th, 303 AD. Its a miracle that Christianity survived the period from then until 313 AD)
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459566 Jul 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
You can't use "all have sinned" as ammunition to insist Mary was a sinner then cite infants, children and mentally handicapped as an exception.
Knowledge of accountability...ever hear of it? None are born sinless, else there would have been no need for a Savior.
Infants, and children are not sinless by nature; they just don't become accountable until they understand right and wrong.
I'm sure that Mary was an adult. No one is saying that she was a sinful woman...just that she had the same carnal nature as the rest of us.
KayMarie
Thats understandable that you and the new 'Bible Alone' movement would think this.
I'm being serious.
Marian doctrine is difficult for a number of reasons. For starters, much of her life is not documented in writing. Neither is the first 30 yrs of Jesus Christ's life.
To understand Mary, you really need to understand the OT. That's the way it has Always been, Kay.
The early Christians (pre Constantine btw) came to understand Mary through the only Bible they possessed......the OT Hebrew scriptures.
truth

Perth, Australia

#459568 Jul 6, 2013
your law is not my law never will be..
i don't respect any more
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
corpt develish evil law
devil paul saul why you prosecuted me..who say that
Jesus Christ..

don't force love evil..as i never love evil corupt organizations and servent of them..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#459569 Jul 6, 2013
do you need devil diploma to be devil doctar devil judge devil lawyer devil ministers devil teachers and so on
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

Do you understood why first parents lose mercy?
devil satanic this and that..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#459570 Jul 6, 2013
satan used methew and psalms too..many things from bible..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

did you sold soul to whom..
what ever you have on the end you will be loser..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y
marge

Ames, IA

#459571 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats understandable that you and the new 'Bible Alone' movement would think this.
I'm being serious.
Marian doctrine is difficult for a number of reasons. For starters, much of her life is not documented in writing. Neither is the first 30 yrs of Jesus Christ's life.
To understand Mary, you really need to understand the OT. That's the way it has Always been, Kay.
The early Christians (pre Constantine btw) came to understand Mary through the only Bible they possessed......the OT Hebrew scriptures.

No they didn't, all they knew from the hebrew Scriptures was that she was the virgin, they learned about her after she was born.

Now the LORD is another story, the hebrew Scripture point to Jesus.
truth

Perth, Australia

#459572 Jul 6, 2013
wicket satanic spirit o yee you need be devorce what evil try set up

does meter..
evil express themself on evil way..evil wish is some split everything and everyone
be bless be bless be bless
be ;less

is that key of evil satanic liars
o geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee
what a great formula from evil wishers
truth

Perth, Australia

#459573 Jul 6, 2013
don't be afraid when you see all this things from evil wishers..its going happen but on the end many in Christ will endure

evil is evil they going fall and lose too..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
marge

Ames, IA

#459574 Jul 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
You can't use "all have sinned" as ammunition to insist Mary was a sinner then cite infants, children and mentally handicapped as an exception.
Knowledge of accountability...ever hear of it? None are born sinless, else there would have been no need for a Savior.
Infants, and children are not sinless by nature; they just don't become accountable until they understand right and wrong.
I'm sure that Mary was an adult. No one is saying that she was a sinful woman...just that she had the same carnal nature as the rest of us.
KayMarie
well said, Praise God for His righteousness and His common sense justice that can never be refuted. The Holy Scriptures agree with your wise sayings kay marie my big big sister.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#459575 Jul 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm ignoring you because you're an idiot.
If I have told you once, I have told you a dozen times. The first, most basic rule, in the art of lying, is not to tell a lie that can be easily proven as such...

You first make a statement about the blood of Christ...you then deny having said such...I show you your own words that proves you said what I say you said...and for that I am an idiot!!!!?????
marge

Ames, IA

#459576 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Our religion came from Christ and the Apostles. It came to fruition before there was a Bible.
Do you comprehend that fact?
Your 'religion' is nothing like the faith the Bible describes, why is that?

Either the Bible or you is wrong, i pick you.

Come on Clay you can too learn from the Bible with God alone as your teacher, and in turn you can teach your family with HIS help.

Location hidden

#459577 Jul 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Catholic teaching.
Your fundie brethren however insist "all have sinned", meaning every human being. That would have to include infants, children and the mentally handicapped.
You lied when you said "I agree with Catholic teaching." Because if you did, you would not say "Your fundie brethren however insist "all have sinned", meaning every human being. That would have to include infants, children and the mentally handicapped.

Catholic Essentials is a Catholic web site...and they teach, same as the SBC that sin is "Any thought, word, or deed against the Law of God."

And you completely ignore the truth: Any one with an ounce of brain can understand when a person, for whatever reason, cannot produce a thought, word, or deed against the Law of God, is not held accountable for their actions...

Plus you refuse to answer my question...because it reveals the truth and your lies....

Ever hear of "Not guilty by reason of insanity"???
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459578 Jul 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't, all they knew from the hebrew Scriptures was that she was the virgin, they learned about her after she was born.
Now the LORD is another story, the hebrew Scripture point to Jesus.
No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary.

The Apostles likely wrote about that too. But sadly, much of their other writings were destroyed or lost.

Location hidden

#459581 Jul 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I've never claimed to have never lied. And I certainly never claimed to be an expert liar. Your "marital status" according to protestant doctrine until a few years ago would be considered "adulterous", but apparently you can live with that. As far as abuse, only you know the answer.
So you have lied?????
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459582 Jul 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 'religion' is nothing like the faith the Bible describes, why is that?
Either the Bible or you is wrong, i pick you.
Come on Clay you can too learn from the Bible with God alone as your teacher, and in turn you can teach your family with HIS help.
The Catholic religion is exactly like the Bible.
The problem is that somebody told you that Christianity was distributed in verse verse verse verse verse verse and more verses.
Read the Bible like it was given to us, and you'll quickly realize how new and strange the born again evangelical movement is.
Now I'm not taking away from your individual Christian experience. I'm sure when you wave your hands around singing born again Christian rock songs, God blesses you. God is good indeed.
But you guy need to get out of the business of scripture interpretations asap.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459584 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary.
The Apostles likely wrote about that too. But sadly, much of their other writings were destroyed or lost.
That's it. The other writings were destroyed or lost! That could be the only answer to justify your theology. Wow, you are completely nuts.

Caly said, quote, "No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary." End quote.

This quote proves you know nothing of Jesus Christ. NOTHING!!! You are having a love affair with mary.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#459586 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic religion is exactly like the Bible.
The problem is that somebody told you that Christianity was distributed in verse verse verse verse verse verse and more verses.
Read the Bible like it was given to us, and you'll quickly realize how new and strange the born again evangelical movement is.
Now I'm not taking away from your individual Christian experience. I'm sure when you wave your hands around singing born again Christian rock songs, God blesses you. God is good indeed.
But you guy need to get out of the business of scripture interpretations asap.
Clay, the bible has been re-written so many times there is no original left.

Location hidden

#459587 Jul 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think your dead dog is in heaven and can help you, go for it.
My point is....my addressing my dog will be a fruitful as you addressing the angels....

The Bible teaches we are to pray to God the Father in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ....Not to Christ's mommie....not to the angels of God....not to dead people...

Location hidden

#459588 Jul 6, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>Accountability and sin are not the sane. "Not guilty by reason of insanity" simply means that the person is guilty, they committed the crime, but will not be held accountable.
Thanks for your support....

Location hidden

#459590 Jul 6, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Since none of us live forever,the world since its beginning holds the memory of each and every generation,and what basically occurred,events and all!
I find your statement somewhat true,but lacking the all encompassing volume of happenings both good and bad in all generations.You cannot sum up just the bad to put God on the "guilty as charged" platform.For we do not know how many years which have passed witnessed great and marvelous events that shaped many lives.Suffering is a part of life,so physical wearing down always caused such in the past.BUT we do not know how many human beings lived interesting exemplary lives,inspite of whatever transpired around them.
You will not be able to weigh the good or terrible events without being in each and every year from the beginning of time as this earth knows it.
News and almanacs,Encyclopedias have recorded many of both events,and we are always stricken by the worst,which are remembered more than the good.AND you call me a dooms day preacher?

Hello Pad!!!! Speak to me!!!!

I am waiting for your reply....

The Holy Trinity before Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit...

The Holy Trinity while Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the incarnate Son, the Holy Spirit..

The Holy Trinity after Christ ascended into Heaven: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

Show me the Holy Trinity....at any time that shows Jesus Christ as being God....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Married in 8,868
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web