Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,837
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#459576 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Our religion came from Christ and the Apostles. It came to fruition before there was a Bible.
Do you comprehend that fact?
Your 'religion' is nothing like the faith the Bible describes, why is that?

Either the Bible or you is wrong, i pick you.

Come on Clay you can too learn from the Bible with God alone as your teacher, and in turn you can teach your family with HIS help.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#459577 Jul 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Catholic teaching.
Your fundie brethren however insist "all have sinned", meaning every human being. That would have to include infants, children and the mentally handicapped.
You lied when you said "I agree with Catholic teaching." Because if you did, you would not say "Your fundie brethren however insist "all have sinned", meaning every human being. That would have to include infants, children and the mentally handicapped.

Catholic Essentials is a Catholic web site...and they teach, same as the SBC that sin is "Any thought, word, or deed against the Law of God."

And you completely ignore the truth: Any one with an ounce of brain can understand when a person, for whatever reason, cannot produce a thought, word, or deed against the Law of God, is not held accountable for their actions...

Plus you refuse to answer my question...because it reveals the truth and your lies....

Ever hear of "Not guilty by reason of insanity"???
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459578 Jul 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't, all they knew from the hebrew Scriptures was that she was the virgin, they learned about her after she was born.
Now the LORD is another story, the hebrew Scripture point to Jesus.
No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary.

The Apostles likely wrote about that too. But sadly, much of their other writings were destroyed or lost.

Location hidden

#459581 Jul 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I've never claimed to have never lied. And I certainly never claimed to be an expert liar. Your "marital status" according to protestant doctrine until a few years ago would be considered "adulterous", but apparently you can live with that. As far as abuse, only you know the answer.
So you have lied?????
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459582 Jul 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 'religion' is nothing like the faith the Bible describes, why is that?
Either the Bible or you is wrong, i pick you.
Come on Clay you can too learn from the Bible with God alone as your teacher, and in turn you can teach your family with HIS help.
The Catholic religion is exactly like the Bible.
The problem is that somebody told you that Christianity was distributed in verse verse verse verse verse verse and more verses.
Read the Bible like it was given to us, and you'll quickly realize how new and strange the born again evangelical movement is.
Now I'm not taking away from your individual Christian experience. I'm sure when you wave your hands around singing born again Christian rock songs, God blesses you. God is good indeed.
But you guy need to get out of the business of scripture interpretations asap.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459584 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary.
The Apostles likely wrote about that too. But sadly, much of their other writings were destroyed or lost.
That's it. The other writings were destroyed or lost! That could be the only answer to justify your theology. Wow, you are completely nuts.

Caly said, quote, "No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary." End quote.

This quote proves you know nothing of Jesus Christ. NOTHING!!! You are having a love affair with mary.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#459586 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that somebody told you that Christianity was distributed in verse verse verse verse verse verse and more verses.
Read the Bible like it was given to us, and you'll quickly realize how new and strange the born again evangelical movement is.
Now I'm not taking away from your individual Christian experience. I'm sure when you wave your hands around singing born again Christian rock songs, God blesses you. God is good indeed.
Clay, the bible has been re-written so many times there is no original left.

Location hidden

#459587 Jul 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think your dead dog is in heaven and can help you, go for it.
My point is....my addressing my dog will be a fruitful as you addressing the angels....

The Bible teaches we are to pray to God the Father in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ....Not to Christ's mommie....not to the angels of God....not to dead people...

Location hidden

#459588 Jul 6, 2013
James wrote:
<quoted text>Accountability and sin are not the sane. "Not guilty by reason of insanity" simply means that the person is guilty, they committed the crime, but will not be held accountable.
Thanks for your support....

Location hidden

#459590 Jul 6, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Since none of us live forever,the world since its beginning holds the memory of each and every generation,and what basically occurred,events and all!
I find your statement somewhat true,but lacking the all encompassing volume of happenings both good and bad in all generations.You cannot sum up just the bad to put God on the "guilty as charged" platform.For we do not know how many years which have passed witnessed great and marvelous events that shaped many lives.Suffering is a part of life,so physical wearing down always caused such in the past.BUT we do not know how many human beings lived interesting exemplary lives,inspite of whatever transpired around them.
You will not be able to weigh the good or terrible events without being in each and every year from the beginning of time as this earth knows it.
News and almanacs,Encyclopedias have recorded many of both events,and we are always stricken by the worst,which are remembered more than the good.AND you call me a dooms day preacher?

Hello Pad!!!! Speak to me!!!!

I am waiting for your reply....

The Holy Trinity before Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit...

The Holy Trinity while Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the incarnate Son, the Holy Spirit..

The Holy Trinity after Christ ascended into Heaven: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

Show me the Holy Trinity....at any time that shows Jesus Christ as being God....
truth

Perth, Australia

#459591 Jul 6, 2013
your timmoty say..hand of devil paul saul where timmoty serve is on evil money..3 silver
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy develish satanic organization
choose
devil paul saul timoty and so on
or
Jesus and John
Asked yourself why devil paul saul timoty and co=coperation say..they are more interesting what they say between each other and mission of them killers liars money likers and so on..
John and Jesus is deference story..

Location hidden

#459593 Jul 6, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Since none of us live forever,the world since its beginning holds the memory of each and every generation,and what basically occurred,events and all!
I find your statement somewhat true,but lacking the all encompassing volume of happenings both good and bad in all generations.You cannot sum up just the bad to put God on the "guilty as charged" platform.For we do not know how many years which have passed witnessed great and marvelous events that shaped many lives.Suffering is a part of life,so physical wearing down always caused such in the past.BUT we do not know how many human beings lived interesting exemplary lives,inspite of whatever transpired around them.
You will not be able to weigh the good or terrible events without being in each and every year from the beginning of time as this earth knows it.
News and almanacs,Encyclopedias have recorded many of both events,and we are always stricken by the worst,which are remembered more than the good.AND you call me a dooms day preacher?
Pad!!!! Are you home????

Whadda bouit Pad?????????

Do you deny that these verses teach that Christ is the Son of God???

As Scripture teaches:
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

Location hidden

#459596 Jul 6, 2013
Clay said:

I'm a Roman Catholic and I profess Jesus Christ to be my savior and to which no other name can one be saved.
--------

Please share your testimony with us... Tell us how and when Christ became your savior (small "s")..

Tell us about being baptized after you were saved...
truth

Perth, Australia

#459597 Jul 6, 2013
you not convince me about anything at all

i told you;'in matrix is evil so long with many face and many place trough history and time.
now

do you liked me because of that or not i am not care..nooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
zerooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo

they know they are wrong as well follow wrong path.

now Are you angry?
yes i can understood..i can be very very angry too..
by
truth

Perth, Australia

#459598 Jul 6, 2013
no
you not win with Lucifer science..fall
as always fall
Lucifer change garden many times.

is that new
nooooooooooooooooo
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459599 Jul 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "I desire to do good like Christ commanded and look forward to the day He comes again to judge the living and the dead." End quote.
Where did Jesus command us to DO GOOD?
You speak as did your supposed first pope, Peter.
Matthew 26:34, "Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times."
Wasn't this directed towards Peter?
Cly, you deny Jesus every time you eat Him and believe He is a cracker. You deny who He really is and what He has really done. A cracker did not die on a cross did it?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Christ never commanded anyone to do good?
Here are a few examples:
Thou shall not kill.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness.
I do not deny Christ in the Eucharist. Neither does any Christian before the reformation. I've had the Eucharist, and if somebody held a gun to my head and ordered me to deny it, they can just pull the trigger.
What would you do if a madman ordered you to burn your KJV? You'd just get some other Book or start your own!!
The abyss is endless with sola scripture.
Cly said, quote, "Are you saying Christ never commanded anyone to do good?
Here are a few examples:
Thou shall not kill.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness." End quote.

Christ commanded these? Didn't Moses bring these down off the mountain as described in Exodus 20? Hey, Cly, you forgot one, but of course you would. It goes something like this..........Exodus 20:4-5, 4 "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me."

Oops Cly, you do bow down to graven images of mary, saints and angels and on and on. Oops Cly, you are visiting your iniquity on your children to the third and the fourth generations. God does not make this declaration about any other of the REAL TEN COMMANDMENTS. How did you forget this one Cly?

Oops Cly, now what?

Cly said, quote, "I do not deny Christ in the Eucharist. Neither does any Christian before the reformation. I've had the Eucharist, and if somebody held a gun to my head and ordered me to deny it, they can just pull the trigger." End quote.

Actually Cly, the pope and your beloved Roman Catholic church has been holding a gun to your head for years and years. In fact they have most certainly pulled the trigger and killed you spiritually. How you say? By lying to you and telling you that you have received Christ the day you ate your first Jesus cracker. According to you, you have received Jesus over and over and over again in a cracker, wafer or elements. Your priest never told you that you only need receive Jesus once. ONCE!

My, my Cly, what will you do?
marge

Ames, IA

#459600 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
guy?

i'm a girl who trusts in God alone through Jesus alone to teach me. And so does my husband. Blessings to you and your family Clay.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459601 Jul 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "I desire to do good like Christ commanded and look forward to the day He comes again to judge the living and the dead." End quote.
Where did Jesus command us to DO GOOD?
You speak as did your supposed first pope, Peter.
Matthew 26:34, "Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times."
Wasn't this directed towards Peter?
Cly, you deny Jesus every time you eat Him and believe He is a cracker. You deny who He really is and what He has really done. A cracker did not die on a cross did it?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And Please Old Jeep, don't ever think you are somehow insulting Catholics by continuously calling it a cracker. Nothing could be further from the truth!! You are insulting Christ and Christ only. Trust me, we Catholics didn't read Bible verses and thunk, "golly it look like da Jesus is in the bread duh"
Our religion came from Christ and the Apostles. It came to fruition before there was a Bible.
Do you comprehend that fact?
Cyal, really? You think the apostles believed Jesus was a cracker? You believe the apostles watched the Romans crucify a cracker and not Jesus Christ? Strange, did Peter ever refer to Jesus as a cracker? After all, wasn't Peter your first pope? Some people say Peter referred to Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the living God, right? Whoa, that's right, it is in the Bible. Do you actually own a Bible or are you still honoring the "ban on the Bible" as commanded by the Roman Catholic church some years ago? Why would Rome "ban the Bible"? Was Rome afraid the people would learn the truth about the pope and his cronies?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459602 Jul 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
guy?
i'm a girl who trusts in God alone through Jesus alone to teach me. And so does my husband. Blessings to you and your family Clay.
Marge, well said. Salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone.
marge

Ames, IA

#459603 Jul 6, 2013
My husband of 31 years today, all thanks be to God!

he told me i was not right with God and i finally had ears to hear, again all glory to God!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 7 hr Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 14 hr The Fact Is 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,910
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
More from around the web