Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
443,261 - 443,280 of 533,731 Comments Last updated 20 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

The Catholics had full power over other religions in the Roman empire and that meant they had the copy-RIGHT to change the stories to suit their own intentions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

JESUS AN ESSENE.

Josephus was contemporary with Philo, but lived to a somewhat later period. There is a reference to the Jesus of Scripture in the pages of this historian, but it is considered by many

p. 3

to have been interpolated and fathered upon this Jewish writer by some early Christian copyist.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/jae/jae03.htm

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
History is written by those in power.
Luckily we have the scriptures protected by God and His people.
Any other book this old w ouldwould be celebrated not scorned
Catholics WERE in power, and they stole much religious dogma from the Jews, twisted what they wrote to have new meanings, and added the story of Jesus to create a new testament full of lies.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Jesus has NOTHING to do with this evil church..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/02/us/dolan-so... ;

Anyone associated with this lying institution should be ashamed.

A Vatican bank that was the most corrupt in Europe, if not the world.

A leadership that only cares about itself, while the abusers were transferred and enabled.

A church that was against the USA in 1776 and again in 1861.

Catholics are given the right to vote for the first time ever by Protestants and what do they do?

They drive knife into the back of America.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Within the flamboyant claims of theologians, the teaching by the Catholics that Jesus worked in confessionals forgiving sins of Christians was an ultra-ludicrous claim.

All theology indicates that Jesus was a "religious" Jew who came from a "religious" Jewish father.

The very idea that Jesus agreed with the slaughter century after century by the Catholics of his own Jews means that Jesus was not a nice character at all. Not even close. He sold his Jews and his self out to the Catholics, while he slaved away in the Catholic confessionals.

The dogmas are beyond stupid.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Jack Chick wrote:
Jesus has NOTHING to do with this evil church..
Jesus is a mythical character, and mythical characters say and do what the authors dictate is a MUST.

Those who held the pens ... held the power to write whatever pleased them ... and writing was and is how the theologians earned and keep on earning their living.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Note how the Christians on this forum tell us what Jesus said and what he did and what he will and won't do in the future.

They read words written by men of the Catholic faith in a book and are certain that they OWN the truth.

Since Christianity began its quest to make all people of the world over into Christians ... they have drained all the Jew out of the mythical Jesus without so much as a backward glance.

Ridiculous blather!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

... DEMOCRACY

... HUMAN RIGHTS

The biggest enemies of the Roman Catholic Church.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Q: which church signed a treaty with Hitler, so that money would be collected by the State and send to the Vatican?

Anyone?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

If Christians didn't believe that a Jew was coming to save them ... do you think for one moment they would worship that Jew???

Not a chance!

If I were that Jew ... on the way back to the synagogue I would tell the Christians to go fly a kite!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Jack Chick wrote:
... DEMOCRACY
... HUMAN RIGHTS
The biggest enemies of the Roman Catholic Church.
Would you prefer the Protestant John Calvin run the country???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.

(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Those who held the power, held the pens to re-write the stories.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

JESUS AN ESSENE.

It must be recollected that the literary fortune of Josephus was made by the Christians, who adopted his writings as essential documents to their sacred history. They made, probably in the second century, an edition according to Christian ideas." 3 Another French writer of distinction says, "No one in our day maintains any longer the entire authenticity of the chapter which Josephus devotes to

p. 4

[paragraph continues] Christ in his Antiquities."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/jae/jae03.htm

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

The problem with discussing theology is that when religion rules, there IS no discussion.

What the popes ordained was accepted as being based on truth from GOD ... or ELSE ... torture and death were the other options.

Martin Luther and John Calvin were also dictators concerning the supposed will of a "god."

Religion is NOT good!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Augustine of Hippo defined the Latin equivalent, theologia, as "reasoning or discussion concerning the Deity";[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theology

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you are certain Jesus came to save you from your self ... but please respond to my questions.
Do you believe that as Jesus was dying on the cross that he proclaimed his Judaism as the only true faith to follow, or do you believe he supported Christianity as a new religion?
And also ... do you believe that without any religion whatsoever in your life, you would be evil?
I would appreciate straight forward reponses to these questions.
So far I have had no responses from any Christians to these questions.
As He was dying on the Cross ..He took the Cup of our Sin in t o himself ....suffered ..and Said IF IS FINISHED.

HE DID NOT espouse any RELIGION ..HE gave us the Way to be with Him in heaven.

Nit through a b u much of buildings.

The huge Veil that hung in the temple separating the Priest s from the PEOPLE was,torn in half that day.

We can go directly TO HIM ..not through a priest ..s saint of anyone .

HE ALONE IS OUR WAY..OUR MEDIATOR TO THE FATHER ...

BUT we have to repent our sins and accept Him

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HE DID NOT espouse any RELIGION ..HE gave us the Way to be with Him in heaven.
If he did not espouse any religion ... then he had no message for the people.

You can't have it both ways.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if you really felt that way(and you don't), then you would have rebuked Orville for his unwanted attack against me constantly. I hadn't posted very often for the last week or so, yet orville comes on here and posted lies about me.
why he or Oxbore are concerned about my income is beyond me. and with orville, who has been openly hostile against me, I was the FIRST to offer to share my income with him, EVEN AFTER HE POSTED MANY ATTACKS AGAINST ME.
AND NOW HE HAS A BIG PROBLEM FOR THE BIBLE IS CLEAR.
PROVERBS 25:22
It is no ones business what your income is period.They are only trying to upset you...don't fall for it.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to "Prove" a goddam thing!
Who the hell do you think you are fooling?
You are "dusty" because you cannot keep up with current events and truths.
YOU ARE A COMPLETE JOKE.!
Yawn...Do you rub your feet on the carpet to get the static going? I provided facts and you provided nothing. If being a joke is proving that you are an idiot then great!

You didn't answer a single thing. You just babbled and licked your wounds with another Catholic hater.

Show us Proof that abuse is primarily a Catholic issue. Show us that is a bigger problem than anywhere else. Again Secular, religious, insurance companies, independent investigations with credibility say you are a joke and a rabid bigot spewing out nonsense with nothing to support it. Licking your wounds with a so called Christian who believes in God possibly, which you don't is not proof. I have said it was lower in the church to begin with than the general public. I backed that up. The church has since made massive reforms and independent investigations. I stated the vast majority of cases are from decades ago and they are. The validity of putting some even dead men on trial is questionable. Eliminating statutes of limiation for one organization is also highly questionable if the true motive was to resolve the issue everywhere. Putting a priest who has been accused not proven or convicted of anything on an offendor list as has been done in some places just rhrows out the whole premise of innocent until proven guilty. And of course all allegations are always true. NOT!

The Church publishes its figures out in the open. Who else does that? Did the Atheist Brotherhood? Feel free to show the facts not conjecture, not innuendo, not opinion. Show me the independent investigations, record keeping done by other organizations. I dont want to see individual cases. I want side by side comparison with the criteria. I want to see the policies, procedure and plan of action in all organizations that demonstrate they have acknowledged a problem and wish to work it out. The reality is many have not. If you are going to use blanket statements against the church then prove it. No Catholic on this thread is justifying any abuse. It was not brought up by Catholics. But if you want to randomly slander all priests or the church based on nothing but innuendo then you are nothing but hot air and the joke is truly you.

We arent minimizing or dimishing anything. All Catholics want them gone. We arent saying our church never had nor will have any or excusing it. However those who wish to claim it does not exist in their ranks or it is solely a Catholic issue or far worse in the church than anywhere else. Please do provide the proof, but the facts don't accomodate that rhetoric.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics WERE in power, and they stole much religious dogma from the Jews, twisted what they wrote to have new meanings, and added the story of Jesus to create a new testament full of lies.
Not in Herods time when this happened.

The villagers sure were not keeping official Roman recorded.

Nit burying their babies in mass,graves

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Christians KNOW they are faithful to their own beliefs ... yet they don't give one whit of respect to the idea that had Jesus lived he also would have been faithful to his own belief of Judaism. He would NOT have strayed from the doctrine of his own Jewish father in Olam Ha Ba, and who by the way was created in the imaginations of the Jews.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If he did not espouse any religion ... then he had no message for the people.
You can't have it both ways.
He gave them a belief ..a way to the Father

Religion puts God in a box.

My rituals..Or else you can't follow Jesus.

The CHURCH He spoke of was the BODY of believers...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in Herods time when this happened.
The villagers sure were not keeping official Roman recorded.
Nit burying their babies in mass,graves
Everything that favored Catholic points of view was written by Catholics ... NOT Jews.

Jews had their own doctrines that had nothing in common with Christianity.

They are as different as day and night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 1 hr Barbarian 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Scales Off 8,199
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 11 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 19 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 21 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••