Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692143 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#459482 Jul 6, 2013
I knew one woman who bounced around from one Christian sect to another.

For a "spell" she would be wearing a Mennonite head-dress, and then she would be in another sect wearing earrings and makeup et cetera.

The theologians were casting different spells on her as she went along her roads of confusion to supposed certain salvation at the end of her journey.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459483 Jul 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FireFox rules
I've seen people's comps mess up with new so called improved IE .
I won't get THe New one as I never use it ..
Ya. I don't even use windows. It was a constant nightmare.
I have all the bells and whistles one could want in an OS with no hassles, no malware, and it is free.
It all started with "windows" black screening my "W7" legal OS(because of their errant update system), and wanting me to pay $149 to get it up and running again... I told them where to shove their products, and never looked back. It pays to be a hacker and know computer tech too. I feel sorry for those that are unskilled and unaware of their options..so they just keep paying and fighting the viruses and malware.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459484 Jul 6, 2013
I wonder if this dog was dreaming of burning in hell ... or whether it simply had a bad dream of being chased by a pit bull?

Tongue in cheek

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459485 Jul 6, 2013
Dreaming does not mean that we are getting messages from a god. It's a natural phenomenon.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Animals have complex dreams, MIT researcher proves

While any pet owner knows that animals seem to dream, and studies show that animals' brains follow the same series of sleeping states as ours do, this is the first time that researchers know what animals are dreaming about.

They monitored the animals' brain activity during the task and while they were asleep. While the animal ran, its brain created a distinctive pattern of neurons firing in the hippocampus, a brain area known to be involved in memory.

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2001/dreaming.h...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459486 Jul 6, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...Do you rub your feet on the carpet to get the static going? I provided facts and you provided nothing. If being a joke is proving that you are an idiot then great!
You didn't answer a single thing. You just babbled and licked your wounds with another Catholic hater.
Show us Proof that abuse is primarily a Catholic issue. Show us that is a bigger problem than anywhere else. Again Secular, religious, insurance companies, independent investigations with credibility say you are a joke and a rabid bigot spewing out nonsense with nothing to support it. Licking your wounds with a so called Christian who believes in God possibly, which you don't is not proof. I have said it was lower in the church to begin with than the general public. I backed that up. The church has since made massive reforms and independent investigations. I stated the vast majority of cases are from decades ago and they are. The validity of putting some even dead men on trial is questionable. Eliminating statutes of limiation for one organization is also highly questionable if the true motive was to resolve the issue everywhere. Putting a priest who has been accused not proven or convicted of anything on an offendor list as has been done in some places just rhrows out the whole premise of innocent until proven guilty. And of course all allegations are always true. NOT!
The Church publishes its figures out in the open. Who else does that? Did the Atheist Brotherhood? Feel free to show the facts not conjecture, not innuendo, not opinion. Show me the independent investigations, record keeping done by other organizations. I dont want to see individual cases. I want side by side comparison with the criteria. I want to see the policies, procedure and plan of action in all organizations that demonstrate they have acknowledged a problem and wish to work it out. The reality is many have not. If you are going to use blanket statements against the church then prove it. No Catholic on this thread is justifying any abuse. It was not brought up by Catholics. But if you want to randomly slander all priests or the church based on nothing but innuendo then you are nothing but hot air and the joke is truly you.
We arent minimizing or dimishing anything. All Catholics want them gone. We arent saying our church never had nor will have any or excusing it. However those who wish to claim it does not exist in their ranks or it is solely a Catholic issue or far worse in the church than anywhere else. Please do provide the proof, but the facts don't accomodate that rhetoric.
We see how the church has tried to relocate millions of dollars into private bank accounts and got caught at it.
Honest? Hardly. That is "evasion".

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#459487 Jul 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit that I am ignorant concerning mysteries.
Now it's your turn to admit the same.
I'll be waiting for your confession, but please don't be too long, as I'm getting older and might not last until you make your decision to confess.
:)
Sorry. I know my stuff.

But you are as ignorant as the Christians you bash.

And that's never a good thing.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#459488 Jul 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get sick to your stomach when you look in the mirror at your own "vessel?"
The theologians really did a number on your brain.
I don't believe my body or my brain is contaminated, and no amount of your drivel will convince me it is so.
Children should be taught that they are whole just as they are.
Your religion is what is repulsive!
~~~

JUST AS IT WAS FOR ADAM AND EVE IN EDEN...Children have no

accountability for their sins, until they have matured

to where they know right from wrong...

WHATEVER AGE THAT HAPPENS..

You know right from wrong..fut you have made a choice to attack God...

You are old enough to know better...

Yet you blame the works of your enemy satan ...on God and

opt to spew continual hatred toward Him...

You lie You Fry...

continually

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#459489 Jul 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I knew one woman who bounced around from one Christian sect to another.
For a "spell" she would be wearing a Mennonite head-dress, and then she would be in another sect wearing earrings and makeup et cetera.
The theologians were casting different spells on her as she went along her roads of confusion to supposed certain salvation at the end of her journey.
~~~

You confusion of face is not with out

good and bad examples Right ?

YET YOU SEEM TO REFUSE TO LEARN BY THEM...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459490 Jul 6, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I know my stuff.
But you are as ignorant as the Christians you bash.
And that's never a good thing.
To believe you know is not the same as knowing.

I bash ALL religion.

You, on the other hand only bash religions that are not of your own exact "flavor."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459491 Jul 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You confusion of face is not with out
good and bad examples Right ?
YET YOU SEEM TO REFUSE TO LEARN BY THEM...
When do you plan on becoming a Muslim and learning the one and only truth ... that the one and only god in the universe loves only those of the Muslim faith???

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459492 Jul 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JUST AS IT WAS FOR ADAM AND EVE IN EDEN...Children have no
accountability for their sins, until they have matured
to where they know right from wrong...
WHATEVER AGE THAT HAPPENS..
Children should never be taught that they are born as sinners ... weak and evil.

They should be taught that they are whole and that if they treat others as they want to be treated life will work better for them and for all involved.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459493 Jul 6, 2013
All the imaginary gods in which humans believed before Christianity were vilified by the Christians as evil ... while the image of the god that the Christians stole from the Jews was portrayed as the only REAL god in the universe.

How handy and devious was THAT???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

god is not GREAT … How Religion Poisons Everything … Christopher Hitchens.

In view of the terror imposed by religion on science and scholarship throughout the early Christian centuries (Augustine maintained that the pagan gods did exist, but only as devils, and that the earth was less than six thousand years old)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#459494 Jul 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe you know is not the same as knowing.
I bash ALL religion.
You, on the other hand only bash religions that are not of your own exact "flavor."
You're pretending, June.

The fact that you do not actually know what you bash and I do does not give me a religion, just an education.

Learn the difference.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459495 Jul 6, 2013

The Jesuit order, right up until the twentieth century, refused by statute to admit a man unless he could prove that he had no “Jewish blood” for several generations. The Vatican preached that all Jews inherited the responsibility for deicide.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459496 Jul 6, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending, June.
The fact that you do not actually know what you bash and I do does not give me a religion, just an education.
Learn the difference.
Well you seem to know what I bash, so that's really all that matters ... isn't it?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#459497 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
What a catholic from Boston says about Cardinal Law. as per my previous post
http://threedogswriting.blogspot.ca/2013/01/c...
Thank you for helping the our Sacramental Priesthood in the rape of little boys, and for leaving the USA forever, instead of staying to testify."

Pope Benedict

From your link:(obviously not all Catholics are so disapproving.)

"I think it's EXTREMELY important to know the truth, especially if one is Catholic. What he did (in shifting abusive priests from one parish to another, FULLY knowing they were raping children who were entrusted under the Church's care by believing and trusting parents) is beyond my imagination, and frankly, my forgiveness. I was an active, praying Catholic who adored him before all this - and I feel betrayed. Still."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459498 Jul 6, 2013

God did not create man in his own image. Evidently it was the other way about, which is the painless explanation for the profusion of gods and religions, and the fratricide both between and among the faiths, that we see all about us and that has so retarded the development of civilization.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#459499 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
Just because someone wrote something 2,000 years ago doesn't make it true. Just because by chance you were born a christian its true to you only because you were born to believe its true.
.... I am sure what Jews claim to be written and true in your views is not true. I am sure what Muslims claim about Allah being true you would denounce that, not because you know the facts but because it doesn't fit YOUR agenda of what you were born into believing.
Its all born by chance indoctrination........by the most part

and you would be another victim of the state.

Muslims are not free to choose their religion or convert. Most Christians are not born into it. We were educated in secular state schools.

argument fail.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#459500 Jul 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
We see how the church has tried to relocate millions of dollars into private bank accounts and got caught at it.
Honest? Hardly. That is "evasion".
Holy Evasion by their Holy Bank.

At least that's the way they see it.

When you're "appointed by Jesus," why bother with morals and ethics?

Certainly most of the sheep will never complain.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#459501 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
Wasn't too long ago people were set on fire just because they disagreed with someoneelses take on God.
Today we still kill people in the name of God, but mostly sling mud at each other instead, ALL because by chance we were born into one particular belief, that teaches we are right and everyone else is not.
Is that the desire of an all loving God?

Some religions are violent, not all. Most wars today are fought for world govt; even the islamic revolutions are ran by the secular muslim brotherhood backed by the west.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web