Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665588 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#459439 Jul 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that favored Catholic points of view was written by Catholics ... NOT Jews.
Jews had their own doctrines that had nothing in common with Christianity.
They are as different as day and night.
St Paul is the one in the church who got the ball rolling. The rest were liberal rogue/fringe jews who just added their wants/needs to the bible to create a Jesus for themselves who left the Jews behind.

Anyone can make up stories and say whatever they want when someone is already dead. That is what the peasant story tellers did about this man they call Jesus.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#459440 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust storm says.......The Church publishes its figures out in the open.
Michael says.......Can you show me the figures from the 1990s' and before?.........OH! there are no figures!
The only reason the church is now trying! to be transparent is because the number of hidden sexual cases became so overwhelming they had to come clean, and now the church is patting itself on the back saying......."look what we are doing"
Thousands of our children were sexually assaulted, and bank money laundering scandals during the WATCH of Pope John Paul and Benedict, now sainthood is in the works for John Paul.
unbelievable!......and disgusting!
The whole scenario of religion is disgusting!

Humans are mortal animals and that is why humans in or not in religion behave as mortal animals.

It's just that in religion, people try in VAIN to hide the animal nature by preaching they are links to gods.

Silly stuff in deed!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#459441 Jul 6, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...Do you rub your feet on the carpet to get the static going? I provided facts and you provided nothing. If being a joke is proving that you are an idiot then great!
You didn't answer a single thing. You just babbled and licked your wounds with another Catholic hater.
Show us Proof that abuse is primarily a Catholic issue. Show us that is a bigger problem than anywhere else. Again Secular, religious, insurance companies, independent investigations with credibility say you are a joke and a rabid bigot spewing out nonsense with nothing to support it. Licking your wounds with a so called Christian who believes in God possibly, which you don't is not proof. I have said it was lower in the church to begin with than the general public. I backed that up. The church has since made massive reforms and independent investigations. I stated the vast majority of cases are from decades ago and they are. The validity of putting some even dead men on trial is questionable. Eliminating statutes of limiation for one organization is also highly questionable if the true motive was to resolve the issue everywhere. Putting a priest who has been accused not proven or convicted of anything on an offendor list as has been done in some places just rhrows out the whole premise of innocent until proven guilty. And of course all allegations are always true. NOT!
The Church publishes its figures out in the open. Who else does that? Did the Atheist Brotherhood? Feel free to show the facts not conjecture, not innuendo, not opinion. Show me the independent investigations, record keeping done by other organizations. I dont want to see individual cases. I want side by side comparison with the criteria. I want to see the policies, procedure and plan of action in all organizations that demonstrate they have acknowledged a problem and wish to work it out. The reality is many have not. If you are going to use blanket statements against the church then prove it. No Catholic on this thread is justifying any abuse. It was not brought up by Catholics. But if you want to randomly slander all priests or the church based on nothing but innuendo then you are nothing but hot air and the joke is truly you.
We arent minimizing or dimishing anything. All Catholics want them gone. We arent saying our church never had nor will have any or excusing it. However those who wish to claim it does not exist in their ranks or it is solely a Catholic issue or far worse in the church than anywhere else. Please do provide the proof, but the facts don't accomodate that rhetoric.
One of the greatest enablers - Cardinal Law - is given a position of honor and retired to a grand Vatican banquet. He left the USA to keep from testifying.

Another one who closed his eyes for decades is about to be sainted.

Any questions about those facts?
Michael

Canada

#459442 Jul 6, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Some have argued Jesus was an Essene. Perhaps. But the gospels were not written by Jesus or any of his actual followers.
Ignoring the Essenes in those texts probably was nothing more than recognition that the Essenes were a minor group of little consequence at the time.
And, if I recall correctly, it is Philo who numbers them in the few thousands total -- throughout the region -- making them a very minor movement.
Chess says..........Some have argued Jesus was an Essene. Perhaps. But the gospels were not written by Jesus or any of his actual followers.

Michael says.........If Jesus was suppose to be the greatest man that ever lived, shouldn't every christian know the answer to your inquiry? Shouldn't christians know his date of birth, what he did for a living to support himself, and what date he died?

Christians know nothing bio about a man named Jesus, who stripped all the jew from this man to make him their own.....

.....something is wrong

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#459443 Jul 6, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Some have argued Jesus was an Essene. Perhaps. But the gospels were not written by Jesus or any of his actual followers.
Ignoring the Essenes in those texts probably was nothing more than recognition that the Essenes were a minor group of little consequence at the time.
And, if I recall correctly, it is Philo who numbers them in the few thousands total -- throughout the region -- making them a very minor movement.
John the Baptist May Have studied under the Essenes before he became a Baptized. Heralding the COMING of Messiah .

Jesus was NOT..as far as we know He overweight his family until He took up His calling .
John didn't substring to Him about a,common group they belonged to .

HD seemed surprised that Jesus would ask to be baptized ..

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#459444 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
For years, decades even centuries the hirearchy of the roman catholic church has kept hidden from the followers thousands of criminal acts by their own against children. Non molesting priests/bishops/cardinals/pope s kept their mouths shut and looked the other way to protect the church.
Now the very bishops who looked the other way protecting priests have been put in charge of blowing the whistle on the very priests they were covering up for in the first place.
Yes! catholics you just keep believing in these men.
what a frikken mess!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Lord, give us a sign!

The history of Cardinal Law is surely one.

There are thousands.

Prince George, Canada

#459445 Jul 6, 2013
Once people were taught that they were linked to gods or goddesses, they started behaving far worse than non-human animals.

The proof of that issue is in the history.

Torturing and killing other people to defend the supposed honor of imaginary gods became commonplace.

How ludicrous!

Prince George, Canada

#459446 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul is the one in the church who got the ball rolling. The rest were liberal rogue/fringe jews who just added their wants/needs to the bible to create a Jesus for themselves who left the Jews behind.
Anyone can make up stories and say whatever they want when someone is already dead. That is what the peasant story tellers did about this man they call Jesus.
I don't believe a biblical character named Paul actually existed. I believe he came to life in the imaginations of believers through the imaginations and pens of the theologians.

They created all those characters for their "staged" plays.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#459447 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says.......Can you show me the figures from the 1990s' and before?.........OH! there are no figures!
The only reason the church is now trying! to be transparent is because the number of hidden sexual cases became so overwhelming they had to come clean, and now the church is patting itself on the back saying......."look what we are doing"
Thousands of our children were sexually assaulted, and bank money laundering scandals during the WATCH of Pope John Paul and Benedict, now sainthood is in the works for John Paul.
Yeah, Tommy Boy your psychotic obsession has long been duly noted. All organizations have come right out and published everything from the beginning and everyone knew exactly what to do they still do. lol I don't think the church is patting itself on the back, but rather looking to heal and be proactive and acknnowledge mistakes and be more open. Politicians and other organizations are completely open. lol Damned if we do and damned if we don't, Tommy Boy the supreme judge, the protector of the innocent everywhere who is fixated on the church. Get a life dude really.

Prince George, Canada

#459448 Jul 6, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord, give us a sign!
I asked the supposed god to give you a sign of it's existence by striking me dead, but I am still quite alive and able to suffer ... as that seems to be pleasing to the god in the sky ... who by the way loves ALL his creation.

Stupid theology.

Your sign is NO sign.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#459449 Jul 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Michael...long me no see...Hermi and I were talking about this over a cup of coffee the other day! Doesn't make sense does it! Reminds me of an ole song....AINT NO SUNSHINE WHEN HE'S GONE....LOL.......XXYOUTUBE-tI dIqbv7SPoXX

Prince George, Canada

#459450 Jul 6, 2013
How many signs do people have to have before they come to conclude that no word from on high means there is NO on high???

Yesterday someone tried to tell me he has the "healing touch." He concludes that he can stop the pain in another person's body.

I didn't fall for that tale of flamboyance, as I notice he is not in hospital emergency-wards taking the pain away from sufferers.

Silly people think too much of their selves.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#459451 Jul 6, 2013
Chess

Columbus, OH

#459452 Jul 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe a biblical character named Paul actually existed....
You have much to learn, child.

In the canon, the only NT books actually written by the person to whom they are ascribed are the genuine letters of Paul -- about half of them.

Someone named John of Patmos may actually have written Revelation, but that was not the Apostle John.

Luke? Who knows for sure? Doesn't really matter.

The rest?

Pretend.

Prince George, Canada

#459453 Jul 6, 2013
In further conversation with the self-proclaimed healer, I asked if he thought all people had that ability, and he responded with the idea that we all have it, but many have not learned how to use it.

In other words "HE" credits his self with having learned how to use it, while others are still dumb to his secrets.

If a god created humans ... he must be VERY fond of arrogance.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#459454 Jul 6, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the church is patting itself on the back, but rather looking to heal and be proactive and acknnowledge mistakes and be more open.
How about they start admitting that they have never been speaking for a god, but rather ONLY for their selves?

That would be a step in a truthful direction.

Of course it would also be the end of their religious "organization."

Prince George, Canada

#459455 Jul 6, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You have much to learn, child.
In the canon, the only NT books actually written by the person to whom they are ascribed are the genuine letters of Paul -- about half of them.
Someone named John of Patmos may actually have written Revelation, but that was not the Apostle John.
Luke? Who knows for sure? Doesn't really matter.
The rest?
Pretend.
Theologians wrote everything concerned with religion.

The fact that you don't trust a Muslim theologian should indicate to you why I don't trust words from ANY theologian ... including your favorites.
Michael

Canada

#459456 Jul 6, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the greatest enablers - Cardinal Law - is given a position of honor and retired to a grand Vatican banquet. He left the USA to keep from testifying.
Another one who closed his eyes for decades is about to be sainted.
Any questions about those facts?
What a catholic from Boston says about Cardinal law, who by the way is now living in a basilica in charge of recruiting new priests and is paid a salary of $10,000 a month.

Catholics say nothing!.........as usual, for they believe to question anything within the church is questioning God.

unbelievable!
Michael

Canada

#459457 Jul 6, 2013
What a catholic from Boston says about Cardinal Law. as per my previous post

http://threedogswriting.blogspot.ca/2013/01/c...

Prince George, Canada

#459458 Jul 6, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, Catholic theologians wrote all the Catholic canons, which they were apt to change if and when the mood hit them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Defect of Birth

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Defect of Birth was, under former Roman Catholic canon law, a canonical impediment to ordination, stemming from illegitimacy. Under the current 1983 Code of Canon Law, illegitimacy no longer has any canonical implications or consequences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 20 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web