Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,518
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Tom

Hamilton, Canada

#459139 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians were taught that Jesus took care of all their "sins."
That gave them a message that they had a free pass to heaven even if they committed horrible crimes against other humans on earth.
Imagine putting homosexuals to death as god-offenders because it was written in a book of supposed truth.
Their crimes against other humans continue as though the crimes are justified by a god.
Religion is horrible stuff!!!
June says......Christians were taught that Jesus took care of all their "sins."

Michael says......ironage simpleton peasants ONLY! from the bible, who didn't know the earth orbited around the sun, but believed that Jesus was God their Savior. OMG!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Tom

Hamilton, Canada

#459140 Jul 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
Clay says..........I can see it just fine. There is no doubt the Jews in the first century saw Christians as 'Protestants' so to speak.
Michael says.......Don't forget, the man you worship according to scriptures ONLY! was a jew for his entire earthly life, loving and practing his jewish faith, then became a traitor to his life long jewish belief leaving behind many of those who also believed in their jewish faith as he did. Dumping your life long loving belief system is not the work of any all loving God.
......something is wrong Clay!
Michael...THINK! Jesus was born a JEWISH NATIONAL, not a religionist. His work was to CORRECT the Jews who had gone astray from God's principles; those who were self-righteous, NOT God loving, or people loving.
He was not a traitor to His Father. He spoke what His Father spoke, and did what He saw His Father do. He did not 'dump a life long faith'.
I've known a lot of saints in my lifetime, who have lived by the principles that Jesus taught. They weren't perfect...but they were decent, law-abiding, and respectable people. My father would not have taken a dime that belonged to someone else. He opened his doors to needy people. My mother was 'saintly'; both of them were forever telling us to 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' They taught us that (not being rich) the most important thing that we owned was our 'name', and we should never bring shame to it.
Most of our neighbors were also kind and good. I am sorry for those of you who never knew such love. Where did they learn this?
They read their Bible; they went to church, and they respected their parents, who taught them REAL Christianity.

KayMarie
KayMarie says.......They read their Bible; they went to church, and they respected their parents, who taught them REAL Christianity.

Michael says.......So, anyone else born by chance into other beliefs who have their religious books also, are not as worthy as those born by chance (like yourself) into christianity?

Do you really believe millions of Muslim/Jewish, children are not taught well by their parents and that God hand picked you to be a christian and that you claim you are right and all others are wrong?

........your comments are very sad.......and

......UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#459141 Jul 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe lots of stuff written by men. How do you know it's not lies?
Anthony says........You believe lots of stuff written by men. How do you know it's not lies?

Michael says.........there are lots of stuff that your hirearchy kept from all the followers. The followers who pay their meal tickets.

........very sad!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#459142 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!
Serpent-killers are in "high" demand HUH???
:)
Yep there is a serpent that is a cross between a copper head and a rattle snake..

it's an ATHEIST...

A RATTLE HEAD...
Ecc_10:11 Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459143 Jul 5, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
June says......Christians were taught that Jesus took care of all their "sins."
Michael says......ironage simpleton peasants ONLY! from the bible, who didn't know the earth orbited around the sun, but believed that Jesus was God their Savior. OMG!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Mike's not your real name eh?

Tom, Tom, the piper's son,
Stole a pig, and away did run;
The pig was eat
And Tom was beat,
And Tom went crying
Down the street.

#459144 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So true!
My parents never taught me to use my religion to preach at others as they also didn't preach their religion at others or each other ... and I'm thankful for that issue.
~~~

You didn't opt to obey you parents, did you...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459145 Jul 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says......I think most religions point people in the right direction. But there can only be one fullness of truth.
Michael says........REALLY!
Todays news: Your church leaders.......America's most senior Catholic cleric obtained permission from the Vatican to move US $57 million of church funds into a trust to shield it from sexual abuse victims seeking compensation.
Catholic churh leaders hiding church funds so victims could not get what is rightfully theirs.
So much for your hirearchy being TRUTHFUL and HONEST Clay. Total disgust,
.... and catholics will remain SILENT about this issue as usual.
Why do you Clay continue to accept what your church leaders do?
UNBELIEVABLE!
So God didn't eliminate sin when the men became Priests?
Darn it. I thought the whole Catholic hierarchy was perfect...
lol
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459146 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So true!
My parents never taught me to use my religion to preach at others as they also didn't preach their religion at others or each other ... and I'm thankful for that issue.
So you admit that Atheism is a religion now?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459147 Jul 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike's not your real name eh?
Tom, Tom, the piper's son,
Stole a pig, and away did run;
The pig was eat
And Tom was beat,
And Tom went crying
Down the street.
lol!! He must have thought 'Michael' was more cooler than 'Tom'.

#459148 Jul 5, 2013
who="Tom"
KayMarie says.......They read their Bible; they went to church, and they respected their parents, who taught them REAL Christianity.
Michael says.......So, anyone else born by chance into other beliefs who have their religious books also, are not as worthy as those born by chance (like yourself) into christianity?
Do you really believe millions of Muslim/Jewish, children are not taught well by their parents and that God hand picked you to be a christian and that you claim you are right and all others are wrong?
......UNBELIEVABLE!

God didn't 'handpick' me. He gives YOU the same choice that He gives to me. I WAS very fortunate to have parents who made the right choice.

Muslims teach their children to hate, and even train them to behead 'the infidels'. A bunch of Jews in California were loudly celebrating after the Supreme Court gave them a 'hands up' on their deviate sexual practices recently. Most 'religions' have some terrible practices (burning their children as offerings to their 'god').

It has nothing to do with one being more worthy than another. You can CHOOSE to follow good, or you can follow meanness and pride.
One is life, the other is death. Your choice.

KayMarie

#459149 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
~~~

If you observe them and NOTE THEIR LIFE STYLES AND compared them to God's Holy Word

and READ OF the Holiness that GOD REQUIRES/expects of THOSE that

CLAIM to allow Him.... to represent Himself through them...

You would realize HOW CONTAMINATED the vessels that you receive you SUPPOSED Spiritual food from are...

YOU WOULD GET SICK ON/AT YOUR STOMACH...

Location hidden

#459150 Jul 5, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Salvation is not obtained by good works, but by living faith in Christ and His finished work. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast." The Roman Catholic church teaches people that their salvation depends primarily on themselves, and that it is of works. It puts people under a system of endless rules and obligations. Those under law are not under grace.(Galatians 5:4; Romans 6:14). Unlike the early Christians John wrote to, a Roman Catholic cannot "know" that he "has" eternal life.(1 John 5:12,13).
I Timothy 2:5-6, 5 "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time." To believe we need priests, saints, Mary or anyone to get to God except Jesus Christ is heresy. It means to disbelieve God's Word and create our own religious system. It is to invite spiritual deception. It takes away from the centrality of Jesus Christ.
God said that beside him there is no other Savior. Isaiah 43:11, "I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior." This certainly tells us Mary is not a Savior, in spite of what popes and priests have taught by word and example for centuries! No wonder many Muslims think that Christians believe that Mary is part of the Trinity. Millions of Roman Catholics treat her as a Savior and as a goddess.(The same spirit that led the Hebrew women into the idolatrous worship of the "Queen of Heaven" is responsible for the Mariology of today's Roman Catholics. Jeremiah 44:17-19)
Mary had other children after Jesus according to the Scriptures (yet only Jesus had a virgin birth). "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" (Matthew 13:55-56) See also Matthew 12:46-49; Mark 3:31-34; Mark 6:3; Luke 8:19-21; John 7:5; 1 Corinthians 9:5, Jude 1. The prime example was James, the brother of Jesus, became the leader of the church in Jerusalem!(Acts 15:13; compare Acts 12:2 - a different James)
The Bible nowhere teaches that Mary was sinless , as it does concerning Jesus. On the contrary, the Bible says that "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
God forbids the bowing down to graven images and pictures in the Ten Commandments!(Exodus 20:4). The Roman Catholic church has tried to change this commandment, but it remains in the Bible for all to read. This is idolatry. This idolatry has brought spiritual blindness upon multitudes.
The Mass taught by the Roman Catholic church is idolatry and blasphemy. To worship something, like a cracker, which is not God is idolatry. To call something which is not God to be God is blasphemy.
Baptism does not make you a Christian. The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11:26). There is no Biblical evidence the disciples were baptized. You need to be a disciple of Jesus before you have Biblical right to call yourself a Christian. Why did Paul say that Christ did not send him to baptize, but to preach the gospel?(1 Corinthians 1:17).
No church on earth can be rightly called our mother. Galatians 4:26, "But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother." Rome was prophesied by John in the Book of Revelation chapter 17, and is described as "The Mother of Harlots and of the Abominations of the Earth". Revelation 17:9, "This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated;". Rome has seven hills!
It appears you were being made uncomfortable in our discussion of giants, who they were, and have opted to discontinue it....

Mind telling me why?????

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459151 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Corrupt seed can not produce wholesome fruit.
History is witness to what Jesus long ago stated...he was referring to corrupt and vain priesthood(pharisees).

Location hidden

#459152 Jul 5, 2013

Would a Catholic share with me the message in the following:

Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Location hidden

#459153 Jul 5, 2013
who="Tom"
......UNBELIEVABLE!
God didn't 'handpick' me. He gives YOU the same choice that He gives to me. I WAS very fortunate to have parents who made the right choice.
Muslims teach their children to hate, and even train them to behead 'the infidels'. A bunch of Jews in California were loudly celebrating after the Supreme Court gave them a 'hands up' on their deviate sexual practices recently. Most 'religions' have some terrible practices (burning their children as offerings to their 'god').
It has nothing to do with one being more worthy than another. You can CHOOSE to follow good, or you can follow meanness and pride.
One is life, the other is death. Your choice.
KayMarie
And in that very light, you need to reflect on the atrocities of the religion you call "good".
It only shows how lacking in reality and actuality you are...or how you are in denial of that actuality.
Your religion has corrupted your judgement.

Location hidden

#459154 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
If you observe them and NOTE THEIR LIFE STYLES AND compared them to God's Holy Word
You would realize HOW CONTAMINATED the vessels that you receive you SUPPOSED Spiritual food from are...
So would you...if you inspect your religion's patriarchs and their atrocious behavior...and your "deity(s)" also...but you live in denial of those simple facts.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459155 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Roughly 4% were guilty of abuse, abuse which included using inappropriate language or putting a hand on the shoulder. The innocent 96% are being broad-brushed by you in an unChristian slanderous indictment.

Conversely, protestant ministers, which include pentecostals, admit to adulterous and sexually inappropriate contact with congregants at a rate of 3-4 times higher than Catholic priests.

Look to the sins of your own confrinting, they are many.

Location hidden

#459156 Jul 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you were being made uncomfortable in our discussion of giants, who they were, and have opted to discontinue it....
Mind telling me why?????
As much as we two may disagree(and we most certainly do), I must concur.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459157 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
True, the thought of a vile Priest handling the consecrated host makes me ill.
But that's on him not me. He'll have to deal with God. Jesus doesn't hold back His gift in the Eucharist based on the moral standing of the Priest.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#459158 Jul 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe lots of stuff written by men. How do you know it's not lies?
I don't know what is lies and what is truth. That's why I don't believe that theologians can tell me what my future will be if I don't believe as they believe.

You, on the other hand believe only the words of theologians that assure you if you believe as they believe you will be saved.

A tale fit for a simpleton was all it took to bond you to your favorite cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr In Question 8,513
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 17 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE