Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688574 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Wayzata, MN

#459155 Jul 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you observe them and NOTE THEIR LIFE STYLES AND compared them to God's Holy Word
and READ OF the Holiness that GOD REQUIRES/expects of THOSE that
CLAIM to allow Him.... to represent Himself through them...
You would realize HOW CONTAMINATED the vessels that you receive you SUPPOSED Spiritual food from are...
YOU WOULD GET SICK ON/AT YOUR STOMACH...
Roughly 4% were guilty of abuse, abuse which included using inappropriate language or putting a hand on the shoulder. The innocent 96% are being broad-brushed by you in an unChristian slanderous indictment.

Conversely, protestant ministers, which include pentecostals, admit to adulterous and sexually inappropriate contact with congregants at a rate of 3-4 times higher than Catholic priests.

Look to the sins of your own confrinting, they are many.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459156 Jul 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you were being made uncomfortable in our discussion of giants, who they were, and have opted to discontinue it....
Mind telling me why?????
As much as we two may disagree(and we most certainly do), I must concur.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#459157 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
If you observe them and NOTE THEIR LIFE STYLES AND compared them to God's Holy Word
You would realize HOW CONTAMINATED the vessels that you receive you SUPPOSED Spiritual food from are...
True, the thought of a vile Priest handling the consecrated host makes me ill.
But that's on him not me. He'll have to deal with God. Jesus doesn't hold back His gift in the Eucharist based on the moral standing of the Priest.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#459158 Jul 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe lots of stuff written by men. How do you know it's not lies?
I don't know what is lies and what is truth. That's why I don't believe that theologians can tell me what my future will be if I don't believe as they believe.

You, on the other hand believe only the words of theologians that assure you if you believe as they believe you will be saved.

A tale fit for a simpleton was all it took to bond you to your favorite cult.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459159 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion has corrupted your judgement.
They like it that way.

If they didn't, they would change their situation.
Anthony MN

Wayzata, MN

#459160 Jul 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Would a Catholic share with me the message in the following:
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
We're addressing the angels.

Location hidden

#459161 Jul 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Roughly 4% were guilty of abuse, abuse which included using inappropriate language or putting a hand on the shoulder. The innocent 96% are being broad-brushed by you in an unChristian slanderous indictment.
Conversely, protestant ministers, which include pentecostals, admit to adulterous and sexually inappropriate contact with congregants at a rate of 3-4 times higher than Catholic priests.
Look to the sins of your own confrinting, they are many.
Your religion's seed was corrupted from the very beginning, so what could you expect to come from that corruption but even more corruption.
That "corruption" gives way to the "atrocities" you witness in history, and those of today. They are NOT minor iniquities...as we can ALL see it for what it is...your very "seed" is corrupt, and the resulting atrocities are witness.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459162 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrupt seed can not produce wholesome fruit.
History is witness to what Jesus long ago stated...he was referring to corrupt and vain priesthood(pharisees).
You post as though you believe Jesus actually existed rather than that it was and is a mythical non-existent character.

Which way is it with your belief?

And what do mean by vilifying the Pharisees, when that was simply a Christian trait?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Jewish Virtual Library

Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes
By Mitchell G. Bard

The Pharisees

The most important of the three were the Pharisees because they are the spiritual fathers of modern Judaism.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#459163 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And in that very light, you need to reflect on the atrocities of the religion you call "good".
It only shows how lacking in reality and actuality you are...or how you are in denial of that actuality.
Your religion has corrupted your judgement.
~~~

We have no responsibility to give account or be responsible for the actions of others...

Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,

work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

One merits heavens goal ...upon the primes of his own personal faith..

in God...

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

No one will be punished nor rewarded by the actions of an other...

When we stand before God...

We stand alone...

Location hidden

#459164 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's on him not me. He'll have to deal with God. Jesus doesn't hold back His gift in the Eucharist based on the moral standing of the Priest.
It is also on the one(s) who perpetrated such beliefs and behavior.
You are simply presenting a scapegoat for the iniquities of your religion's "root" lies and failings.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459165 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Do you get sick to your stomach when you look in the mirror at your own "vessel?"

The theologians really did a number on your brain.

I don't believe my body or my brain is contaminated, and no amount of your drivel will convince me it is so.

Children should be taught that they are whole just as they are.

Your religion is what is repulsive!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459166 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
We have no responsibility to give account or be responsible for the actions of others...
Then why don't you stop trying to get others to join your religious cult and stop insisting that others are evil when they won't join your cult?

Location hidden

#459167 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You post as though you believe Jesus actually existed rather than that it was and is a mythical non-existent character.
Which way is it with your belief?
And what do mean by vilifying the Pharisees, when that was simply a Christian trait?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Jewish Virtual Library
Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes
By Mitchell G. Bard
The Pharisees
The most important of the three were the Pharisees because they are the spiritual fathers of modern Judaism.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H ...
I expect that Jesus was an actual living human being. One taught the values of the Essenes...and possibly the earliest of the Naacal beliefs through the (already adulterated) "Indian" culture, and considered a "radical" by, and accused by those very corruptions of beliefs that had him killed.
His main message was the very corruption of the teachings of corrupt and selfish "priesthoods". It is written in the book.
Your "Bard" is not the all knowing entity you would like to worship either.

Location hidden

#459168 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,
work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
One merits heavens goal ...upon the primes of his own personal faith..
in God...
Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
No one will be punished nor rewarded by the actions of an other...
When we stand before God...
We stand alone...
Of course ...none of you religionists will accept any responsibility for your religion's atrocious actions...that is why the atrocities continue to this very day.
Your denial of actuality only shows the world how out of touch you are with reality and actuality, and is the reason your church is becoming obsolete in today's world.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459169 Jul 5, 2013
Being taught by theologians that humans are superior to other animals was probably the worst teaching possible.

I believe that a monkey or a goat or a mouse or any other animal places as much value on their lives as I place on mine.

It's time that humans brought their egos down from the clouds and stopped being so damned arrogant and plain stupid!

Fighting over who a god loves and who the god will choose to save is beyond ridiculous.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#459171 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect that Jesus was an actual living human being. One taught the values of the Essenes
I thought your belief in the existence of Jesus was tied to your own religious cult.

Yet you claimed a while back that you believe the universe always existed.

Which way is it?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#459173 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Being taught by theologians that humans are superior to other animals was probably the worst teaching possible.
I believe that a monkey or a goat or a mouse or any other animal places as much value on their lives as I place on mine.
It's time that humans brought their egos down from the clouds and stopped being so damned arrogant and plain stupid!
Fighting over who a god loves and who the god will choose to save is beyond ridiculous.
I agree.

We should study reality in stead of antiquated books about reality with all kind of backward ideas that do immeasurable harm to life on earth. Christianity was created for a slave society in which their was no escape from suffering. That is why it is safety pod to leave the planet, and they do not care about this world. Lets make a world in which people can be happy and let the doom thinking die.

Location hidden

#459174 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought your belief in the existence of Jesus was tied to your own religious cult.
Yet you claimed a while back that you believe the universe always existed.
Which way is it?
The universe has always existed...just not as the "matter" you know of in 3 dimensions.
Just what "religious cult" have you deluded yourself into believing that I exist?
You are becoming less coherent as time progresses June.
NOW...which way is WHAT?
Please be specific...I wouldn't want you to twist my words any more than you already have....nor put any more words in mu mouth than you already have....which is quite dishonest on your part...or you may be in the beginning stages of dementia...which is it?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459175 Jul 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you were being made uncomfortable in our discussion of giants, who they were, and have opted to discontinue it....
Mind telling me why?????
I would rather not argue about things that have nothing to do with salvation with another brother in Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#459176 Jul 5, 2013
who="Clay "

You could remember this when you question the standing of a Protestant minister.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web