Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596312 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#458798 Jul 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I have worshipped in an Assembly of God Church. What I remember the most about this was joy and thankfulness. There is no question that I felt the Holy Spirit. The Orthodox Service-the contrast- very somber. Yet God reached me both ways. Why do we God that God has to
dance to our choreography? That's how the people missed Who Jesus was the first time.
It's like putting Him in a box ..He boulevards US ..No one else..have to do it our way.

Forgetting it is ALL ABOUT JESUS and what He did .

When I was a kid we were told it might be possible for a protestant to go Whitehaven..But they did not have the gift of true f with like the CC does..But we were FORBIDDEN to goblins Protestant church ..it was a sin

Maybe they were afraid that like you we might feel the pull of the HOLY..Spirit there..not checking who told us..They believed it was sinful..But the CC put out the rules.

I admit yo not living as a,Christian for years....

But I determined that my child woukd not have such a burden on her.

She learned Christianity from m e partly but became a real Christian through the school I I found by God's grace.

He watches over us even when we do not deserve it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458799 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is Jesus said;
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
You say; "No way, ahs ain't no cannibal!!"
You Roman Catholics always quit reading this parable of Jesus at verse 56. Let us read on beginning at verse 61.........

John 6:61-63, 61 "But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this? 62 Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? 63 IT IS THE SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE; THE FLESH IS NO HELP AT ALL. THE WORDS THAT I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE."

There is no life in what you eat. NONE. This is what Jesus has told you. It is the SPIRIT who gives life. The flesh...(you eat) is no help at all. NO HELP AT ALL!!!
Clay

United States

#458800 Jul 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE DISCIPLES TAUGHT YOU NO SUCH THING...
DON'T BLAME YOUR CANNIBALISM ON THEM..
THEY WERE NOT CANNIBALS NEITHER WERE THEY VAMPIRES.
YOUR CHURCH IS VOID OF UNDERSTANDING...
Yes they did. Their students wrote about it too.

"They abstain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the Father, in His Goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"

This about quote was from Ignatius of Antioch. He knew the Apostles personally.
In you opinion Confrint, do you think Ignatius also got the proper teachings wrong?
It begs the question: At what point in history, do you think Christianity got completely messed up? You've often said it was Constantine and the Roman Empires legalization of Christianity... but I just showed you a quote that was much much earlier than Constantine.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458801 Jul 3, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
They're called Saints. They are in the presence of God. They pray to Him for us if we ask, just like you asking one of your SBC friends to pray for you.

Jesus said, "OUR FATHER WHICH ART IN HEAVEN," when the disciples asked Him to tell them how they ought to pray. He also said that, if one asked THE FATHER for something in His (Jesus') name, they would be answered.

KayMarie

#458802 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But they established the New Testament at the council of Rome (382 AD); the councils of Hippo and Carthage (393, 401 and 407 AD).
Where do you think the New Testament came from?
Please don't say "God" and run away. I believe God inspired those authors too.
THAT WAS WHILE THERE WAS A TRUE CHURCH...

BEFORE THE ANTICHRIST REGIME THAT YOU BELONG TO

BROKE AWAY FROM THE

ORIGINAL APOSTOLIC CHURCH, AND

INVENTED ALL THE LIES AND CONJECTURE,

THAT YOU ARE DECEIVED BY. AND TRASHED ITSELF...
Clay

United States

#458803 Jul 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
clay could you please show us where it says in the Bible that mary is the Queen of heaven and we are to pray to her
If I did, you'd simply reject it or go with the opinion of Jesus-is-savior.com

Also, I'm not the one spouting that everything about Christianity is spelled out in Book, Chapter, verse.
You guy are.

#458804 Jul 3, 2013
who="Clay "
The Eucharist ingredients are still bread. And we don't eat it to satisfy are physical hunger.
We eat it to satisfy our spiritual hunger and because Christ commanded us to.
Upon the words of the valid Priest: "This I My Body", the bread becomes the literal body, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. This is what the Apostles taught us, why do you try to undo it?

They ARE because HE said that they are. No priest can change that.
KM
Clay

United States

#458805 Jul 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You Roman Catholics always quit reading this parable of Jesus at verse 56. Let us read on beginning at verse 61.........
John 6:61-63, 61 "But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this? 62 Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? 63 IT IS THE SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE; THE FLESH IS NO HELP AT ALL. THE WORDS THAT I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE."
There is no life in what you eat. NONE. This is what Jesus has told you. It is the SPIRIT who gives life. The flesh...(you eat) is no help at all. NO HELP AT ALL!!!
We don't believe in the Eucharist because we've read about it. We Believe because we've ate it.
I personally testify to its profound comfort and conviction.
Like the two men on the road to Emmaus in Luke 24: 13-35, they could not recognize Jesus nor understand the scriptures until Christ pulled out some bread, blessed it and gave them the Eucharist.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#458806 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
I love scripture. I participate in scripture by being a Catholic.
I think you guys pervert the very meaning of sacred scripture. For some reason unbeknownst to logic, you think the Bible appeared out of the sky and the Apostles handed it out to everyone to interpret themselves.
My question to you was: Could you provide book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us which Books belong in the Bible?
Book, chapter and verse where Christ says those particular Books are to be the sole source of authority on His Ministry?
If you can't answer that, then why on Earth do you preach the Bible like you do?
There you go again. You only believe in the catechism which is a grossly contaminated version of what you think is scripture.
A plain Bible is not good enough.
You have to add the apostate "fathers" to plain scripture.

No wonder there had to be a revival, the Reformation. When Catholics were taught to PAY for their sins with MONEY the very sacrifice of Jesus on the cross was abrogated.
You don't read Exodus 20... You believe in a whole different set of commandments and justify it in the way you do.

EXODUS 20 __

1 And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,

10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.

11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Compare THAT to your ridiculous catechism.
Clay

United States

#458807 Jul 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
John 6:63 doesn't undo the previous verses. If it did, then Christ wouldn't have let Hrs Disciples walk away shaking their head.

#458808 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If I did, you'd simply reject it or go with the opinion of Jesus-is-savior.com
Also, I'm not the one spouting that everything about Christianity is spelled out in Book, Chapter, verse.
You guy are.
~~~
THEN TRASH YOUR CATECHISM AND READ YOUR BIBLE

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Clay

United States

#458809 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
THAT WAS WHILE THERE WAS A TRUE CHURCH...
BEFORE THE ANTICHRIST REGIME THAT YOU BELONG TO
BROKE AWAY FROM THE
ORIGINAL APOSTOLIC CHURCH, AND
INVENTED ALL THE LIES AND CONJECTURE,
THAT YOU ARE DECEIVED BY. AND TRASHED ITSELF...
That doesn't make sense because the writings before the supposed 'antichrist regime' are equivalent to what the Church teaches today.

Why can't you recognize the miracle that happened in 313 AD, when the most brutal empire that ever existed, converted to Christianity??
Clay

United States

#458810 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Have you read the Catechism?
Clay

United States

#458811 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Maybe the Protestants ought to come up with a 'catechism'.
I live on the East Side of Saint Paul, MN.
I honestly have an SDA church, Lutheran, Methodist, a mega evangelical building, a Baptist somethin or another, a new life free apostolic church (I guess) all within walking distance. They all preach a different Gospel.
Where's the order? Where's the continuity?
The 'new life free Apostolic church' I mentioned has a Pastor who condemned same sex marriage. Half his congregation left because the media got wind of it and threw the parishioners under the bus for being anti gay. Last I heard, the pastor now changed his mind and 'welcomes everyone'.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458812 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
`~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH
trashed itself when it set aside the TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST AND
ATTEMPTED TO WRITE IT'S OWN TESTAMENT.
FALSE!!--This is just more of the "same old" distorting of the truth and the same old bible only (anti-catholic) "lies" that you are so famous for Confrinting!....... You, in your own (desperation) continue to throw "anything out" on this forum--hoping, wishing that someone, ANYONE will believe the "national inquire" kind of "trash talking" that is 99% of your bible only ministry
It is YOU and your "self-manufactured interpretations" of the bible that you "editorialize and make-up" (over and over again) that has (set aside the Testament) and the TRUE SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS One True (Universal/Catholic) Church and HIS OWN SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS in John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE Body and TRUE Blood in the Eucharist in (writing up "your own" testament,(according to Confrinting.......... As a former bible only Protestant, who has listened to this anti-catholic BS, from a few hate-filled bible only preachers like you, for over 35 years, you may attempt to "deceive" other Catholics with your "twisting and manipulating" the TRUE interpretation of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History--but you are "not fooling me!!
You do not speak for God and "never have"!!! ONLY until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ--then and ONLY then--will the indwelling of the Holy Spirit bring you to the TRUTH of Jesus HIMSELF, in and through His One (and only one) TRUE CHURCH!!! The Catholic Church and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of TRUTH in Jesus Christ--the Ecumentical Savior of the World!!! Until that time comes---you will "continue" to remain "shackled" in your bondage of anti-catholic hate, hostility and vengeance that is (corrupting) your heart, mind and soul!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#458813 Jul 3, 2013
Your Creator is not created you for suffering..no.

Your Creator created you on some image.

Real Creator give you free will too.

Your Scripture describe on the end wicket will be destroy..include your Sabbath.
Scripture say every Spirit is not Holy.
Your Creator created you that you can created too.
Scripture say too..not to be addict over materialistic things overwhelming not even with drink or food rest others things too..with that scripture describe sin or error as lust greed jealous and so on.

Remember God is full of Mercy and Grace!
truth

Perth, Australia

#458814 Jul 3, 2013
Did you know first holy people have many wife..is that adulatory what ever eyes see they have or posses for interest to be rich or have privileged.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#458815 Jul 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge!! The problem is that you, Confrinting and the rest of you bible only "fundies" have been so corrupted and indoctrinated in your half-truth, half-heresy Protestant "propaganda" of anti-catholic hate, hostility and vengeance that "the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH" of Jesus Christ One (and only one)TRUE Catholic Church has made it "virtually impossible" to penetrate your own "blindness" to the TRUTH!!..... Satan--the father of lies---has corrupted every one of your 42,000 contradicting and conflicting Protestant bible only denominations since the Reformation and you bible only "editorializing fundamentalists" have "bought into" his "devisive and cunning" (relative truth) deceitfulness with abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, women ministers, homosexual preachers and God only knows "whats next" depending on which way the liberal political wind "happens to blow"!!!....... Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, your "blindness to the TRUTH will remain!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#458816 Jul 3, 2013
Do you trust your physician or doctors as wicket man or woman..you know previous rule usual died so quick and so often very rich too..after nice lunch or dinner they allwayes have unaccepted guest as attackers Robers as sudden death too..could you imagen trust of great physicians..yep they pray for great lifting ..where..to our lovely God.

What a about that..zini da te pricestim..how many people gone from this world like that.
No evidence!
Its true in many case never any evidence.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#458817 Jul 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
FALSE!!--This is just more of the "same old" distorting of the truth and the same old bible only (anti-catholic) "lies" that you are so famous for Confrinting!....... You, in your own (desperation) continue to throw "anything out" on this forum--hoping, wishing that someone, ANYONE will believe the "national inquire" kind of "trash talking" that is 99% of your bible only ministry
It is YOU and your "self-manufactured interpretations" of the bible that you "editorialize and make-up" (over and over again) that has (set aside the Testament) and the TRUE SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS One True (Universal/Catholic) Church and HIS OWN SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS in John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE Body and TRUE Blood in the Eucharist in (writing up "your own" testament,(according to Confrinting.......... As a former bible only Protestant, who has listened to this anti-catholic BS, from a few hate-filled bible only preachers like you, for over 35 years, you may attempt to "deceive" other Catholics with your "twisting and manipulating" the TRUE interpretation of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History--but you are "not fooling me!!
You do not speak for God and "never have"!!! ONLY until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ--then and ONLY then--will the indwelling of the Holy Spirit bring you to the TRUTH of Jesus HIMSELF, in and through His One (and only one) TRUE CHURCH!!! The Catholic Church and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of TRUTH in Jesus Christ--the Ecumentical Savior of the World!!! Until that time comes---you will "continue" to remain "shackled" in your bondage of anti-catholic hate, hostility and vengeance that is (corrupting) your heart, mind and soul!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Married in 9,533
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web