Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701716 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458850 Jul 4, 2013
Jethro...no, you didn't get the story right. It was understood in Hebrew law, that if a man died without children, his brother was to marry the widow and their first son carried the name of the dead brother, so that his legacy would continue.

Onan refused to do this. Maybe because he hated his brother, it doesn't say.

God instructed Abraham to offer his son as a sacrifice...to see whether Abraham loved God and would serve Him faithfully. God did not wish Isaac to die...and when Abraham attempted to fulfill the instruction, God recognized and rewarded his attempt to do so. HE then provided a sacrifice (a ram ) in the place of Isaac.

God is faithful...His word can be trusted...but many try to work out their own salvation.

KayMarie

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458851 Jul 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
"What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?"
But the Bible tells us that it was Adam’s sin that introduced death, disease, and suffering to all life:“Sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin”(Romans 5:12).
Those who hold to the Gap Theory do so in order to reconcile the theories of modern scientists who hold to the old-earth theory—the belief that the earth is billions of years older than can be accounted for by adding up the genealogies of man found in the Bible. Even well-meaning evangelicals have bought into the old-earth theory, handling much of Genesis 1 allegorically, while attempting to hold to a literal interpretation of the rest of Scripture. The danger in this is in determining at what point to stop allegorizing and begin interpreting literally. Was Adam a literal person? How do we know? If he was not, then did he really bring sin into the human race, or can we allegorize that as well? And if there was no literal Adam to introduce the sin which we all inherit, then there was no reason for Jesus to die on the cross. A non-literal original sin denies the reason for Christ’s coming in the first place, as explained in 1 Corinthians 15:22:“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.” At that point, Christianity itself becomes a hoax and the Bible just a nice book of stories and fables. Can we not see where this type of “reasoning” gets us?
Genesis 1 simply cannot be reconciled with the notion that creation occurred over long periods of time, nor that these periods occurred in the space between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. What took place between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2? Absolutely nothing! Genesis 1:1 tells us that God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:2 informs us that when He first created the earth, it was formless, empty, and dark; it was not finished and not yet inhabited by creatures. The rest of Genesis chapter 1 tells us how God completed the formless, empty, and dark earth by filling it with life, beauty, and goodness. The Bible is true, literal, and perfect (Psalm 19:7-9). Science has never disproved anything in the Bible and it never will. The Bible is supreme truth and therefore is the standard by which scientific theory should be evaluated, not the other way around.
Science has never disproved anything in the Bible and it never will.....jethro: that's not quite true LT,it has proven no great flood took place, the massacre of thousands of new born's by herod never took place, the earth is older than 10,000 yrs. which religion states it is, it's million/billions of years old, dino's and man never lived side by side, except the wooly mammoth, and lacking the technology, we can't prove if anything in the sea was alive the same time man was except the whale, sharks, whale-sharks, anything else would be a guess right now until something is found.... continued.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458852 Jul 4, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I just saw an interesting problem in England, on the television(not mainstream). In England there are rape gangs, raping young girls. They all have a similar feature, that the gangs are of Muslims, and victims are non-Muslims.
What's your point?

Americas prisons are filled with rapists and murderers and many of them were raised by Christian parents.

You religious ones always favor pointing outward at nasty stuff and pointing at your selves as HOLY-ones.

Silly people NEED religion to puff their egos to grandiose proportions.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458853 Jul 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry I'm answering so late my pc stopped responding to commands, turned out to be my modem an router was over heating, make sure you check yours make sure they are in open area an well ventilated from heat. ok to your question. yes I have wondered about this myself, having babies was gods punishment to eve for eating from the tree, which I think is hogwash, every species needs both male female to reproduce, well except humans now, but you get the idea, who ever wrote the book obviously thought eve needed to be punished and the author needed a way to get rid of Eden because it did not exist, so a story line had to be created that made some kind of sense to why we can not prove Eden ever existed. as far as cruelty to babies, the writers did not foresee the tragedy of parents killing their children, an unexpected turn of events, it's a hard question to answer. I read an article that people mostly in third world countries and in parts of Asia, people were so desperate for food they were having children for the sole purpose of raising them for food. cannibalism was a lot more wide spread back in the early days of man than we think an know about. in china it's common for the poor hill folk to raise children for food or trade children for goods they needed, it still goes on today. when my brother got married he and the wife went down to the islands for their honeymoon courtesy of the wife's rich parents, well the one thing that disgusted my brother and swore he'd never return, is the fact that when they went for canoe ride around the islands people would see white people, and dash into the water holding up their babies and offering them for sale, he was shocked an dumbfounded that people could do this, their own children, back to your point, like I said the writers of the scriptures did not think people would be harsh when it comes to treating their children, in my youth I heard about child abuse and all that, but did not know the extent of what was actually happening to these poor kids, years ago I watched a movies was based on two N.Y. cops that became famous, well in one scene they got a call about a screaming baby, they went to the apartment heard the baby crying kicked the door in and the mother was sitting on the floor, baby on the couch and she was slowly torturing him with a lit cigarette, the poor kid had burn spots all over his body, I hear this and if I was a cop I'm not sure I could hold back on the thought of shooting the lady. it was horrifying I know it was fake bin the movie but the event was based on reality, if I ever saw that happening to a child I would not hesitate for a second in taking out the adult that is hurting a child, child abuse happened in my family so it hits home a little bit harder for me than most people on here, they do not understand the whole scope of what happens to a child who has been abused, just because the child is taken out of that environment, doesn't mean the child forgets after a few days, it takes decades of therapy, and treatment, I know that as pure FACT cause I witnessed it first hand. continued.
Children were in God's master plan they are a blessing not a burden Jethro. Or shouldn't be. God does not abandon us, even as children when nasty people do nasty things.
God created a perfect world and gave man free will.
warn them of the consequence of not heeding His warnings,when God said 'THOU SHALL NOT' THEY DID IT ANY WAY', GOD COULD HAVE MADE US DO EVERYTHING HIS WAY, BUT WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE TO FORCE SOMEONE TO LOVE YOU, OR OBEY YOU BY FORCE.
GOD DOESN'T WANT A BUNCH OF PUPPETS. GOD GAVE US THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE OUR DESTINY. PEOPLE WHO HURT GODS INNOCENT WILL ANSWER TO GOD.

MATTHEW 18
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458854 Jul 4, 2013
Yesterday I asked the question and I see that no "answer" was forthcoming.

I will ask it again and see if any of you devout religious believers will respond.

Do any of you believe that without religion ... you would be evil???
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458855 Jul 4, 2013
ye..i am not care anymore remember that
definitly not..
now
dear children
evil spirit is already there
where
asked yourself how many time eden is been remove as well where..
as spirit its stay on earth and talk with you..

now
you not tell me about first people who live thousand years..

why they lived so long..
they liked remove time and history

what you will do if you find one cell which can't died or past away for period about what..long as billions people lived thousand years=one jesus day=1000 human years..
find out
how long live your real Creator..if you been created as image..how many time they multiplay you
as image as well who they are who do that..
by
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458856 Jul 4, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Science has never disproved anything in the Bible and it never will.....jethro: that's not quite true LT,it has proven no great flood took place, the massacre of thousands of new born's by herod never took place, the earth is older than 10,000 yrs. which religion states it is, it's million/billions of years old, dino's and man never lived side by side, except the wooly mammoth, and lacking the technology, we can't prove if anything in the sea was alive the same time man was except the whale, sharks, whale-sharks, anything else would be a guess right now until something is found.... continued.
Bible Verses About Dinosaurs

Bible Verses About Dinosaurs from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Job 40:15-24 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.(Read More...)

Isaiah 27:1 - In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that [is] in the sea.

Job 40:15 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

Psalms 104:26 - There go the ships:[there is] that leviathan,[whom] thou hast made to play therein.

Job 41:1-34 - Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord [which] thou lettest down?(Read More...)

Genesis 1:24-31 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.(Read More...)

Romans 8:20-22 - For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,(Read More...)

Psalms 104:1-35 - Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.(Read More...)

Genesis 7:8-9 - Of clean beasts, and of beasts that [are] not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,(Read More...)

Genesis 7:2-3 - Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.(Read More...)

Genesis 6:14-20 - Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.(Read More...)

Genesis 6:13 - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Genesis 3:14-19 - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:(Read More...)

Genesis 3:1-7 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?(Read More...)

Genesis 1:29-30 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.(Read More...)

Psalms 104:25 -[So is] this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.

Job 40:1-24 - Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,(Read More...)

Genesis 1:1-31 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.(Read More...)

Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458857 Jul 4, 2013
My guess is, that those who bank on religion are quite certain that without religion they would STILL be HOLY.

As they dwell in their religions ... they DO like to flatter their selves as holy servants of "god" ... while serving the evil to others they perceive are less fortunate.

:)
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458858 Jul 4, 2013
Giant Reptilian Dragons of the Bible
You won't find Tyrannosaurus Rex or the term "dinosaur" anywhere in the Bible. Yet, Scripture does use the Hebrew word tanniyn to describe a mysterious creature resembling a giant reptile. This being appears 28 times in the Old Testament, with English translations referring to it most often as a dragon, but also as a sea-monster, serpent and whale.
The term applies to a water monster (both marine and river), as well as a land monster. Many scholars believe Scripture writers used tanniyn to describe images of dinosaurs in the Bible.

Ezekiel 29:3
...speak, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I am against you, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lies in the midst of his streams, that says,'My Nile is my own; I made it for myself.' " (ESV)

The Monstrous Behemoth
Besides giant reptiles, the Bible also includes several references to a monstrous and mighty beast, specifically called Behemoth in the book of Job:
Job 40:15–24
"Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you; he eats grass like an ox. Behold, his strength in his loins, and his power in the muscles of his belly. He makes his tail stiff like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like bars of iron.

"He is the first of the works of God; let him who made him bring near his sword! For the mountains yield food for him where all the wild beasts play. Under the lotus plants he lies, in the shelter of the reeds and in the marsh. For his shade the lotus trees cover him; the willows of the brook surround him. Behold, if the river is turbulent he is not frightened; he is confident though Jordan rushes against his mouth. Can one take him by his eyes, or pierce his nose with a snare?" (ESV)

From this description of the Behemoth, it seems possible that the book of Job was describing a giant, vegetation-eating sauropod.

The Ancient Leviathan
Likewise, a great mythological sea dragon, the ancient Leviathan, appears various times in Scripture and in other ancient literature:
Isaiah 27:1
In that day the LORD with his hard and great and strong sword will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan the twisting serpent, and he will slay the dragon that is in the sea.(ESV)

Psalm 74:14
You crushed the heads of Leviathan; you gave him as food for the creatures of the wilderness.(ESV)

Job 41:1–34 describes the twisting, serpent-like Leviathan in terms of a fierce, fire breathing dragon: "His sneezings flash forth light ... Out of his mouth go flaming torches; sparks of fire leap forth. Out of his nostrils comes forth smoke ... His breath kindles coals, and a flame comes forth from his mouth." (ESV)

These obscure creatures defy zoological classification and have led some interpreters to think the Scripture writers may have been rendering pictures of dinosaurs.

So, while Christians have trouble agreeing on the timeline and extinction period of dinosaurs, most believe they existed. It doesn't require too much digging to see that the Bible conciliates that belief with reasonable support for their existence.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458859 Jul 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Let's all pray now ... that "god's" will will be done through you.

Hahahahahaha

You are a whiz with your favorite scriptures.

Evil is for others and holiness is for you.

Get your portions RIGHT now, or "god" might not favor you for your efforts.

Silly people!!!
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458860 Jul 4, 2013
More on Dinosaurs in the Bible
•Dinosaurs and the Bible
•Are There Dinosaurs in the Bible?
•Complete List of Animals in the Bible
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458861 Jul 4, 2013
prison is for good people where wicket people try set up anything against honest people

remember justice and diploma scribe phareesse this and that live from that..
dipla=mjesina para= huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu its words which they think they remove curse from themself..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo
dipla=alp id
'id'
1.miracle
2.death=htaed htadeus see read proply where is there Jesus..
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458862 Jul 4, 2013
If regurgitating religious scriptures is all it takes to earn rewards in a hereafter ... most people of earth will be rewarded.

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458863 Jul 4, 2013
Every religious nincompoop on earth drags out old religious literature as proof that THEIR religion was all about truth.

It doesn't get any sillier than THAT!

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458864 Jul 4, 2013
"BEHOLD ... TRUTH is mine" sayeth the beholder of human-created religious gossip.
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#458865 Jul 4, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh ...
The Church does not decide who is in heaven and who is in hell; that judgement is reserved to God alone. She declares very few people to be canonized saints, and she can only make such declarations by the authority given to her by her founder, our Lord Jesus Christ. There are many saints in heaven that are not canonized saints and whose eternal destiny is not known to the Church.
You said the Church declares someone a saint...not who is in Heaven.

The Bible says God declares who are saints.

Oh yeah before I forget....sigh
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458866 Jul 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, that those who bank on religion are quite certain that without religion they would STILL be HOLY.
As they dwell in their religions ... they DO like to flatter their selves as holy servants of "god" ... while serving the evil to others they perceive are less fortunate.
THAT WOULD BE YOU THEN June, BECAUSE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS BANK ON JESUS CHRIST AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS NOT OUR OWN.
there ISN'T ONE PERSON ON THIS EARTH WHO WILL BE GOING TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN MERITS.
IT WILL BE ON THE MERITS OF JESUS CHRIST.
FAITH IN GOD, AND RELIGION IS 2 DIFFERENT THING.
RELIGIONS ARE MANS IDEA, FAITH IS GOD'S.
Religions make it all about man, faith makes it all about Jesus.
You are doing nothing more then making a fool out of yourself June, when you walk in darkness you see nothing and know nothing.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458867 Jul 4, 2013
If I were a creator and had religious nincompoops bragging and arguing about human literature owning truth ... I would resign myself to the fact that humans are the most stupid of all animals, and give rewards in a hereafter to all non-human animals.

June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458868 Jul 4, 2013
Christians more often than not adore ONLY their own flavor of religion and belittle all other flavors of religion.

Yet when I belittle all religion they refer to me as evil.

So let me get their "reasoning" right on this issue. If I belong to their religion I will be holy ... but if I belong to any other religion, I will be evil.

No thanks to all religion. It's bunk.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458869 Jul 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible Verses About Dinosaurs
Bible Verses About Dinosaurs from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance
- Sort By Book Order
Job 40:15-24 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.(Read More...)
Isaiah 27:1 - In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that [is] in the sea.
Job 40:15 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
Psalms 104:26 - There go the ships:[there is] that leviathan,[whom] thou hast made to play therein.
Job 41:1-34 - Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord [which] thou lettest down?(Read More...)
Genesis 1:24-31 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.(Read More...)
Romans 8:20-22 - For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,(Read More...)
Psalms 104:1-35 - Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.(Read More...)
Genesis 7:8-9 - Of clean beasts, and of beasts that [are] not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,(Read More...)
Genesis 7:2-3 - Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.(Read More...)
Genesis 6:14-20 - Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.(Read More...)
Genesis 6:13 - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Genesis 3:14-19 - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:(Read More...)
Genesis 3:1-7 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?(Read More...)
Genesis 1:29-30 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.(Read More...)
Psalms 104:25 -[So is] this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
Job 40:1-24 - Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,(Read More...)
Genesis 1:1-31 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.(Read More...)
Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0
for some reason part 2 of my post did not post, wonder why????? have to figure it out later, have an errand to run be back shortly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' 4 hr Magic Utah Uwear 8
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 15 hr Magic Utah Uwear 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 19 Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1