Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670271 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458665 Jul 3, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. The Bible is not an idol, but Protestants worship it as such. And you have a Bible, even if incomplete, thanks to the Catholic Church. And you know that the Bible is the Word of God because of the Catholic Church who gave it to humanity. There is no verse in the Bible that says the Bible is the Word of God. NONE.
The Bible is not the sole authority; the Catholic Church is (1 Timothy 3:15 "But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR and FOUNDATION of TRUTH)and history proves it. Christ Jesus founded and died for His Church, who is His Bride and His mystical body. He gave His Bride authority to guard and to proclaim God's Truth. His Church lives to continue Christ's work of redemption, because through her sacraments, God's sanctifying grace has been dispensed, is dispensed and will continue to be dispensed until the end of all time.
Catholics do have men as you say. These men are His priests whose apostolic succession we can trace back to Christ. Protestants, on the other hand, have men who have declared themselves popes and who proclaim their own version of the gospel, not with the authority of Christ but with their self-appointed authority. We, Catholics, even have the complete and unadulterated Word of God and the whole truth of God, revealed by Christ and later proclaimed all over by His disciples. In contrast, Protestants just have an incomplete Bible and unauthorized pastors who announce the Gospel according to their own fallible interpretation of it.
What does this mean to you: "you will do well to pay attention"

**Peter said this and yet you say..nahhh..I'll take my chances with man-made doctrine.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458666 Jul 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jer 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
Jer 17:8
For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
NOTE
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
You can't feed me your favorite scriptures.

Even as a child preachers of the supposed truth could not conquer my brain with their promises of salvation and threats of hell if I didn't believe it their way.

You are a fool to their theology, and that is your wish.

I don't NEED to be saved from my self, as my self is at peace with me.

Do you believe that without your religion you are evil???

You don't have any faith in your self ... and THAT is the truth!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458667 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all... David Koresh is a heckuva a lot closer in theology to you guys than Catholics.
Second of all.... You believe you have the authority to determine the Ministry of Christ based on how you interpret the Bible, right? The Holy Spirit guides all 45,000 of You to Biblical truth, right?
So why knock our belief that the Holy Spirit guides our Church to Biblical truth?
The question has nothing to do with my authority Clay but nice deflect.

Catholics and Koresh's followers believed their leader(s) have authority from God. So how do catholics differ from Koresh's followers? thanks
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#458668 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, the next time a catholic tells you we don't know for sure whether or not we go to Heaven until we die....share this verse with them:
1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may KNOW that you have eternal life.
Please read the Bible in context. I find it interesting that you do not quote, for example, John 6:54: "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day."
No one knows if they are saved until the moment they are judged by Christ, once their souls leave time. One is saved neither by faith alone nor by works alone, but by the unmerited grace of God which, if accepted, results in faith and subsequently, in works of obedience to that faith. It is incredibly arrogant to presume one's salvation.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458669 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
If you don't know that your heart deceitful, you really ARE in trouble.

:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458670 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all... David Koresh is a heckuva a lot closer in theology to you guys than Catholics.
Second of all.... You believe you have the authority to determine the Ministry of Christ based on how you interpret the Bible, right? The Holy Spirit guides all 45,000 of You to Biblical truth, right?
So why knock our belief that the Holy Spirit guides our Church to Biblical truth?
No matter what the vatican says, the majority of catholics believe it. Pope John Paul's intercession for example. Why do they believe the vatican, because they believe the vatican has authority from God.

No matter what David Koresh said, the majority of his followers believed him. Why did they believe him, because they believed Koresh had authority from God.

** Cult - A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458671 Jul 3, 2013
Beware of preachers of supposed truth. They are a slick lot of shysters.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict … volume 2 ,,, Academic Press. Published 1999.

Followers of the religious arm of the hate movement, the Identity Church, are only “doing the work of God.” At Sunday services, they preach that White Anglo-Saxons are the true Israelites depicted in the Old Testament, God’s chosen people, while Jews are actually the children of Satan. They maintain that Jesus was not a Jew, but an ancestor of the White, northern European peoples. In their view, Blacks are “pre-Adamic,” a species lower than Whites. In fact, they claim that Blacks and other non-White groups are at the same spiritual level as animals and therefore have no souls.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458672 Jul 3, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. The Bible is not an idol, but Protestants worship it as such. And you have a Bible, even if incomplete, thanks to the Catholic Church. And you know that the Bible is the Word of God because of the Catholic Church who gave it to humanity. There is no verse in the Bible that says the Bible is the Word of God. NONE.
The Bible is not the sole authority; the Catholic Church is (1 Timothy 3:15 "But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR and FOUNDATION of TRUTH)and history proves it. Christ Jesus founded and died for His Church, who is His Bride and His mystical body. He gave His Bride authority to guard and to proclaim God's Truth. His Church lives to continue Christ's work of redemption, because through her sacraments, God's sanctifying grace has been dispensed, is dispensed and will continue to be dispensed until the end of all time.
Catholics do have men as you say. These men are His priests whose apostolic succession we can trace back to Christ. Protestants, on the other hand, have men who have declared themselves popes and who proclaim their own version of the gospel, not with the authority of Christ but with their self-appointed authority. We, Catholics, even have the complete and unadulterated Word of God and the whole truth of God, revealed by Christ and later proclaimed all over by His disciples. In contrast, Protestants just have an incomplete Bible and unauthorized pastors who announce the Gospel according to their own fallible interpretation of it.
YOU WROTE
"There is no verse in the Bible that says the Bible is the Word of God. NONE."

THE ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE A BUNCH OF INFIDELS...

THEY HAVE NO FAITH...

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

THEY DO NOT HEAR THE WORD OF GOD....

THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD..

THEY SEARCH FEVERISHLY TO FIND A REASON NOT TO BE OBEDIENT TO THE WORD OF GOD

___

JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO PREACH

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

___

JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO STUDY..

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

___

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOME ROMAN CATHOLIC WOULD TELL ME WHERE GOD

SAID

WRITE A CATECHISM...A BOOK...

THAT THEY HAVE REPLACED THE WORD OF GOD WITH...

HOW FOOLISH CAN A BUNCH OF INFIDELS GET?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#458673 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Hypnosis is quite a pastime. Observe these Christians rolling around a floor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7Nj2JTPjlgkXX
I find it as offensive as no doubt you do.You did not notice that the crowd was comparatively small,as Christianity in South Korea is very progressive these days.The largest c h u r c h in the world is in Seoul,pastor Cho,and his services are exuberant with robust singing and many shouts,but no displays such as these.I have been to many types of Pentecostal churches in this country and in England.Some churches of that persuasion are orderly,and some are outrageous.I find the whole matter either a strong work of the flesh,or of the Spirit.The Spirit brings order,and sanity,as God is Creator who gives human beings respect.

I would not waste my time any longer to go to that type of church you saw in the youtube.They cause me to get upset.I am part of the Assembly of God churches.There were those in the past that were quite emotional,but I never saw people rolling on the floor and having shaking fits.Not saying you would not see that in some churches.BUT today especially most Christian churches frown on that opportunity for people to operate as we say in the flesh,giving in to hillarity,no self-control.God is only mocked in such situations rather than glorified.

Another problem with allowing excess behavior in worship services,is to cause people to scoff and be in danger of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.To say that evil is done by the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin.

There are some sensitive issues when it comes to worship.Some Christians are very formal,others are openly excited and exhuberant,and than some are frantic and overly emotional.Most overly emotional people have no substance and often down the road are easily thrown off course from their consistent faith.

Most Christians worship in an orderly manner.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#458674 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
sure
here is the question again:
**The majority of catholics...if not all...will believe this because they believe catholic leaders have authority from God.
**David Koresh's followers believed him because they believed he had authority from God as well.
So how do catholics differ from the Koresh followers??
The majority of Benny Hinn followers think he cures incurable diseases, the lame, etc. Lots of fundies think their own cures come about by the intercession of family and friends who are praying for them. Are you like Koresh followers? I personally don't think so.
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#458675 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the question of the day for catholics. Tony ran from it....maybe he went to the bathroom. Take a shot at it..thanks.
the catholic leaders can determine a dead guy(Paul John Paul) was behind the healing of a woman half a world away two years ago but they didn’t know someone was stealing money and molesting boys????
Such ignorance and narrow-mindedness is appalling ...
Certain individuals are declared saints by the Church because she has Christ's authority and therefore the capability of binding and losing, as given to Peter by Christ himself. Declaring someone a saint is not the result of capricious decisions in the Church or mind reading. Rather, the Church declares someone a saint after the exhaustive study of the person's life and the corroboration of miracles.
Bringing up the unrelated issue of Church scandals says much about your character: You cannot defend your position because it's not based on truth. You have to attack the Church in order to validate your erroneous position, because you can certainly not do it based on truth, for you don't have it ...
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#458676 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really not sure....
but the catholic leaders can determine a dead guy was behind the healing of a woman half a world away two years ago but they didn’t know someone was stealing money and molesting boys????
Do you think miracles happen to fundies? Is there child molesting occuring in fundie communities? Does the presence of sin cancel out God's ability to perform miracles on the faithful?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458677 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are "evil" in your own nature, there is no NEED for salvation.
I try to be as kind as my selfish nature allows, and if that is not good enough for the malevolent supposed creator ... that is JUST too bad! He can go shoot his self in his non-existent invisible "brain."
Silly dogmas!
Every one has a sin nature June..And is in need of a Saviour
Pad

Rockford, IL

#458678 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Beware of preachers of supposed truth. They are a slick lot of shysters.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict … volume 2 ,,, Academic Press. Published 1999.
Followers of the religious arm of the hate movement, the Identity Church, are only “doing the work of God.” At Sunday services, they preach that White Anglo-Saxons are the true Israelites depicted in the Old Testament, God’s chosen people, while Jews are actually the children of Satan. They maintain that Jesus was not a Jew, but an ancestor of the White, northern European peoples. In their view, Blacks are “pre-Adamic,” a species lower than Whites. In fact, they claim that Blacks and other non-White groups are at the same spiritual level as animals and therefore have no souls.
What do you think June about your president Obama who is aiding the Morsi regime that wants to impose a Sharia gov.t on its people?Now the Egyptian people and their army are opposing the Muslim Brotherhood and Morsi,and Obama and Kerry are sending tear gas grenades to help Morsi to squelch demonstrations. It is sad that our president is everyday tearing our nation apart whether home or abroad.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458679 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Real people are not saviors of anything.
If some mortal human preached to me that he knew the one and only pathway to eternal bliss in a hereafter, I wouldn't believe him.
And if he told me that if I didn't believe him his father would send me to hell for eternity, I wouldn't believe him.
Would you???
You seem to have trouble distinguishing between the mythical Christ and the probable historical Jesus.

I'd recommend you actually read a top-notch, critical scholar or two in the field. Bart Ehrman comes to mind. But Tabor, Pagels, Meyer, Koester, or Charlesworth would serve you just as well.

Then you'll be operating on fact rather than faith, goofy.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458680 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The question has nothing to do with my authority Clay but nice deflect.
Catholics and Koresh's followers believed their leader(s) have authority from God. So how do catholics differ from Koresh's followers? thanks
"So how do Catholics differ from Koresh's followers"

Wow, I really don't know how to respond to that, Chuck. That's a very bizarre connection you're trying to make.

We Catholics follow the same Church who established the Bible.(382-417 AD)
The SDAs followed a man who took that Bible and read it and said he was the Messiah.

Now back to you and the authority you've bestowed upon yourself through private interpretations....
Book, chapter and verse where Christ wants you to determine His Ministry based on a particular set of Books?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458681 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of Benny Hinn followers think he cures incurable diseases, the lame, etc. Lots of fundies think their own cures come about by the intercession of family and friends who are praying for them. Are you like Koresh followers? I personally don't think so.
Koresh's followers believed he had authority from God and therefore they believed everything he said (get this part)..."everything he said". Catholics do the samething with the vatican.

So how are they different?

No one mentioned benny hinn or lots of fundies.

Would you say the pope and Koresh are cult leaders???? Their followers look at them the same.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458682 Jul 3, 2013
Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict … volume 2 ,,, Academic Press. Published 1999

Mission Hate Crimes

He has been instructed by God or, in a more secular version, by the Grand Dragon to rid the world of evil by eliminating all blacks, Latinos, Asians, or Jews; and he is compelled to act before it is too late.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458683 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
"There is no verse in the Bible that says the Bible is the Word of God. NONE."
THE ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE A BUNCH OF INFIDELS...
THEY HAVE NO FAITH...
THEY DO NOT HEAR THE WORD OF GOD....
THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD..
THEY SEARCH FEVERISHLY TO FIND A REASON NOT TO BE OBEDIENT TO THE WORD OF GOD
___
JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO PREACH
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
___
JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO STUDY..
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
___
I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOME ROMAN CATHOLIC WOULD TELL ME WHERE GOD
SAID
WRITE A CATECHISM...A BOOK...
THAT THEY HAVE REPLACED THE WORD OF GOD WITH...
HOW FOOLISH CAN A BUNCH OF INFIDELS GET?
~~~

SPEAKING OF BOOKS

OVER THE YEARS i HAVE BEEN TOLD TO GO TO THE LINKS AND READ THE AND STUDY THE TEACHINGS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

They want me read and study their BOOKS..yet they discount the BOOK OF BOOKS,,

Question

THEY CLAIM TO HAVE COMPILED THE HOLY SCRIPTURES (some ever lie and say the wrote it)

What was the purpose...if the Bible is a bunch of lies...why did the compile it to start with...were they lying then?

IF SO
They are deceived and attempting to deceive others...

IF THE BIBLE IS NOT THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD

WHY DID THEY CANONIZE IT AND ATTEMPT TO POISON THE EARTH WITH LIES..

THEY EITHER LIED THEN

ARE THEY ARE LYING NOW...

THEY CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458684 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think miracles happen to fundies? Is there child molesting occuring in fundie communities? Does the presence of sin cancel out God's ability to perform miracles on the faithful?
again here is the question...

the catholic leaders can determine a dead guy was behind the healing of a woman half a world away two years ago but they didn’t know someone was stealing money and molesting boys????

**Tony...I think we both know the intersession of pope john paul is bogus. I guess if you say it's not, you can answer my question. thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 8 hr USA-1 46
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web