Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
442,201 - 442,220 of 538,892 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#458337 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I DON'T ACCEPT EITHER ONE OF THEM AS A CHRISTIAN BROTHER YET!!! I QUESTION AND CALL THEM ALL THE TIME ON THE FALSEHOODS THEY PROJECT.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR BROTHER.
I AM NOT YOUR BROTHER, AND i THANK GOD FOR THAT

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#458338 Jul 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, who's the Queen of Heaven then?
You infidels commit the same sins that were propagated by Israel in the Old Testament
God hated it then and He loves it even less now...
Jer_7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the
queen of heaven, and
to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
Jer_44:17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto
the queen of heaven,
and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.
Jer_44:18 But since we left off to burn incense to
the queen of heaven,
and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.
Jer_44:19 And when we burned incense to
the queen of heaven,
and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?
Jer 44:22 So that the LORD could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings,
and because of the abominations which ye have committed;
therefore is your land a desolation, and
an astonishment, and
a curse, without an inhabitant,
as at this day.
Jer 44:23 Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.
Jer 44:24 Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women,
Hear the word of the LORD, all Judah that are in the land of Egypt:
Jer 44:25 Thus saith the LORD of hosts,
the God of Israel,
saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and
fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely
perform our vows that we have vowed,
to burn incense
to the queen of heaven, and
to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.
Jer 44:26 Therefore
hear ye the word of the LORD,
all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt;
Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD,
that my name shall no more be named
in the mouth of any man of Judah
in all the land of Egypt,
saying, The Lord GOD liveth.
Jer 44:27 Behold,
I will watch over them for evil, and
not for good: and
all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt
shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine,
until there be an end of them.
Jer_44:25 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.
Are you trying to defame the "queen of heaven"?
EL would stomp YHWH into the hard triangles of the farthest dimension for such an accusation.
Do YOU think you are any more in placement or stature?
Just who in hell do you think was speaking to the "elohim" in Genesis if not EL?
EL is the god almighty!
Where did you EVER get your teaching from? some gutter in the bronx?
~And you profess to know your religion...you are shameless!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458339 Jul 1, 2013
Satan was also called the King of Tyre as well as the Prince of Tyre in Ezekiel chapter 28. Many Christians are unaware of this. Tyre mean ROCK but he is that FAKE ROCK. Christ is our Rock.
marge

Ames, IA

#458340 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, who's the Queen of Heaven then?
She is a false God that people worship that provokes God to anger.
The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
marge

Ames, IA

#458341 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I AM NOT YOUR BROTHER, AND i THANK GOD FOR THAT
Yes you are:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458342 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony17, said, quote, "You foolishly stated that there are no metaphors in the Bible yet you can't apply a literal intrepretation to verse 9 of Ezekiel 37." End quote.
Tony17, you are lost. At no time did I ever say there are NO METAPHORS in the Bible.
I'll keep my ESV and you can have your KJV. Actually I have an NASB as well.
Also, Tony17, aren't you the "Serpent Seed" doctrine guru? LOL LOL
Your using those corrupt Bible versions such as the ESV may explain why you are so Biblically illiterate.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/esv.htm

There are many so called Christians that do the work of Satan and are clueless as to how much they unknowingly serve Satan and they actully unknowingly do it in Christ's name.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458343 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph- being a devout Jew- would not venture into the Ark that bore forth the word of God. There is no way. Once the Holy Spirit conceived the Christ in her body, it became off limits for sexual intercourse. That's a no brainer to us normal Christians. To the radical fanaticals, I suppose you'd be ok with it.
His calling to the sacrament of Holy Matrimony wasn't about procreation. Joseph had a unique and special calling.
Your feeble mind can't separate sex from marriage.
Look Ox, this is the truth: I don't care what you believe about Mary or why you believe it. I find you very odd. You don't seem concerned with what Catholics really teach. You just wanna antagonize everyone. You help the Catholic Church every time you post.
If you have, and you don't have,because there is none, Scripture that refutes the truth from the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God I presented....let me see it...

<quoted text>
You have responded to my question...you have prattled about my question...you have danced all around my question...but you have never answered it!!!

When a husband takes unto him his wife......does that mean that she remains a virgin...forever!!!!!????

The Bible clearly says that an angel of the Lord told him "fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife" and it says he did "and took unto him his wife".

The answer is obvious...the truth is staring you in the face....
Of course she could not have remained a virgin...after Joseph took her to wife...

Location hidden

#458344 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
Thanks OLDJG, that means he is no longer a homosexual.
Does that mean you have effectively usurped your god's position as the figure of authority?
Should we start worshipping you rather than EL?
When did you equal or surpass your deity in esteem and prowess?
Is it not your deity's business and not yours to deal with any such propriety?
Exactly WHEN did your deity delegate such business to you or anyone else on this pitiful rock the propriety to make any judgement on another human being?
Or are you satan?
There seems to be a multitude of them lately...and you are befitting of the title as well.

Location hidden

#458345 Jul 1, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yea its pretty hard to controll.A little hair pulling,a smack on the fanny really gets things started.
OH. You're one o' them S&M guys huh?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458346 Jul 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,LOL. Actually back in Christ's day most of the so called religious community didn't acceot Christ as a teacher either. They even called Him a Devil. I am in great company then. The Christian community is just chocked full of SELF RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITES like yourself. Christ told us that there would come a time they they will not endure SOUND DOCTRINE. There is no new thing under the sun.
Tony17 said, quote, "LOL,LOL. Actually back in Christ's day most of the so called religious community didn't acceot Christ as a teacher either." End quote.

You are declaring yourself as Christ's equal?

Location hidden

#458347 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was auto correct sorry ..happens when you type on a device meant for reading..
GOD said do not EAT.
ADAM said God said do not eat or touch ..the serpent was at or under or near or touching the tree ..not dead ...
So then.....you have nothing to support your false statements...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458348 Jul 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Only those that are members of the 144,000 of Gods Elect are privy to comprehending the mystery nof the Serpent's seed. I pity you and the rest that haven't been sealed with the truth of God's word.
If this doctrine of the serpents seed bloodline befuddles you then no doubt about it you are definitely NOT one of Gods elect.
There ore those that God sealed that comprehend this doctrine at this timne but there is coming a time in the millennium that all those of you today that claim to be Christian are then gonna underatand that doctrine because at that time God will remove the veil from your eyes which porevents you guys from being able to understand this doctrine and the reason that Satan did what He did with Eve in the garden in an attempt to corrupt that bloodline through which Christ was to come. That was not the only arttempt by Satan on the seedline through which Christ was to come. In Genesis 6 when the SONS OF GOD took wives of the daughters of Adam that was yet another attempt by Satan on the bloodline through which Christ was to come. And there were many more attempts by Satan trying to corrupt that bloodline and the majority of so called Christians have absolutley NO CLUE what was going on and they still haven't a clue.
144,000? And I take it you are one of the 144,000, correct? LOL LOL You live in a fairy tale world. Quit the drugs and go to rehab.

Location hidden

#458349 Jul 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Satan was that tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That's just one of his many names and titles. Earlier I posted a link that that showed some the many names of Satan and SERPENT is one of his many name as is DRAGON. Google the names of Satan and you will see that he has many names and titles, AS DOES CHRIST.
Another interestin lesson on names is if you do some research on the comparison of some of the names of Cain's children and some of the names of Adams children.
I wasn't a tree of "good and evil" at all...it was the partaking of "knowledge".
That then scared the shit out of your cluster of deities. What was the next thing said?
DO NOT let them eat of the tree of "LIFE", they will then live forever too!
Who was this deity even talking to?
The "other" Elohim perhaps?
What exactly were they really afraid of?

Maybe that they had abused a subset of their own creation---and did not want to pay the price for it?
Your deity(s) are indeed the evil they contort.

This world has been "MISLED"!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458350 Jul 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,LOL. Actually back in Christ's day most of the so called religious community didn't acceot Christ as a teacher either. They even called Him a Devil. I am in great company then. The Christian community is just chocked full of SELF RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITES like yourself. Christ told us that there would come a time they they will not endure SOUND DOCTRINE. There is no new thing under the sun.
You quote the Bible as if you understand it. Sound doctrine? If I chose to believe as you believe is the doctrine you spew salvanic? If so present it. The serpent seed doctrine is bologna and has nothing to do with salvation. You are nothing more than a satan worshiper. Period!!

Location hidden

#458351 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph- being a devout Jew- would not venture into the Ark that bore forth the word of God. There is no way. Once the Holy Spirit conceived the Christ in her body, it became off limits for sexual intercourse. That's a no brainer to us normal Christians. To the radical fanaticals, I suppose you'd be ok with it.
His calling to the sacrament of Holy Matrimony wasn't about procreation. Joseph had a unique and special calling.
Your feeble mind can't separate sex from marriage.
Look Ox, this is the truth: I don't care what you believe about Mary or why you believe it. I find you very odd. You don't seem concerned with what Catholics really teach. You just wanna antagonize everyone. You help the Catholic Church every time you post.
Hogwash.....

The Alleged Perpetual Virginity of Mary
By Wayne Jackson

A few months ago, the world was stunned by the report of a limestone ossuary (bone box), discovered in Jerusalem, bearing the inscription,“James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus.” A number of prominent scholars believe this box once contained the bones of James, half-brother of Jesus, who is so prominently mentioned in the New Testament (cf. Mt. 13:55-56; Acts 15:13ff; 21:18-19; Gal. 2:9). For a brief discussion of the evidence, see the article elsewhere on this web site, "The “Jesus” Inscription", October 21, 2002).

Aside from the obvious importance of this discovery as such relates to the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth, the inscription has rekindled the controversy concerning the alleged “perpetual virginity” of Mary. Both the Greek Orthodox Church, and the Roman Catholic Church (along with a few Protestant scholars), contend that Mary and Joseph, even after the birth of the Lord, remained celibate for life.

The Roman Catholic Church alleges that Mary’s parents presented her in the temple when she was but three years old, and that “the child herself mounted the Temple steps, and that she made her vow of virginity on this occasion”(Maas, 464F). This would suggest that at the tender age of three, Mary had considerable knowledge of human anatomy. It further hints that she understood the intricacies of sexual union. Moreover it indicates that she likely foreknew the fact that she would bear the Christ child, and that she perceived somehow that it would be inappropriate for her ever to engage in honorable intimacy with a legitimate husband.

This theory of Mary’s “perpetual virginity” became official dogma at the Council of Chalcedon in A.D. 451, and thus is binding upon both the Greek and Roman segments of the Church (Pelikan, 14.1000).

There is no Scripture that supports this un Christian teaching:

"The Roman Catholic Church alleges that Mary’s parents presented her in the temple when she was but three years old, and that “the child herself mounted the Temple steps, and that she made her vow of virginity on this occasion”(Maas, 464F)."

And....who but a Catholic would believe a three year old has the capacity to:

Mount the Temple steps, and make her vow of virginity !!!!!!! A three year old knows about virginity!!!!?????

And she knew about the intricacies of sexual union!!!!! A three year old knows about intercourse??? Really!!!!

And that she foreknew the fact that she would bear the Christ child, and that she perceived somehow that it would be inappropriate for her ever to engage in honorable intimacy with a legitimate husband. A three year old!!!!!

A safe bet is that if the pope says pigs fly...then Catholics know pigs fly!!!!

Why did it take Catholics over 400 years to come up with the teaching of Mary’s “perpetual virginity”????
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#458352 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you should ask the Catholic Church if they teach that Mary is another mediator. When they answer no, it should be the end of the discussion. There is no reason for you to continue any further with the matter, because now you risk bearing false witness.
You have failed to answer the question with the very criteria you yourself set forth. Would you care to attempt to do so?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#458353 Jul 1, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that "the Word was made flesh" in your womb? Wow, I'm impressed.......NOT!
Let me rephrase...Are we not GREATER if we house God Himself and not just His covenant?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#458354 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Did the Holy Spirit conceive the Word of God with you? Did you carry Baby Jesus in your womb and bring forth Him into this world? Did your breast nurture and feed the Christ?
If you think you're equivalent to that because you sing Christian rock songs with your hands in the air, then I guess you are an ark like Mary. Ugh.
Why must you be incindiary and condescending? These are not Christ like attributes. Are they?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458355 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You quote the Bible as if you understand it. Sound doctrine? If I chose to believe as you believe is the doctrine you spew salvanic? If so present it. The serpent seed doctrine is bologna and has nothing to do with salvation. You are nothing more than a satan worshiper. Period!!
Still waiting on your explanation of why Ezekiel 31:9 stated that the trees in Eden envied this great tree spoken of in Eden. I can imagine God now standing whith His arms folded looking at you and shaking His head with disappointment and disgust because you are not capable of explaining this about the tree. Don't sweat that because I have challenged many so called preachers, some even with Doctorates of Theology and they, just like you were clueless on how to elucidate on many parts of Gods word. It's good to try the spirits and the only way to try a spirit is by the word of God. You have been tried and failed..........MISERABLY.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458356 Jul 1, 2013
Okay. Qyestion for you Christian folks. When Adam and were formed and placed into the garden which entity at that time was the first entity that knew both good and evil? Even he was good at one time.........TILL INIQUITY ( evil ) was found in him as we are told in scripture. He didn't become evil by eating from some tree that made him aware of evil by eating its fruit. Scripture tells us that iniquity was found in him. Why? He is called the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Are the lessons I give on this forum really too difficult for you guys?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••