Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691916 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458567 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your recipe for Christian "love."
:)
I love my brothers in Christ. You are far from that.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458568 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. I only have opinions, and opinions don't amount to much.
Good at least a little bit of honesty.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458569 Jul 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??
If your bible goes into all that..I would invest in a new one ...really.
The ONLY mention of angels..Sons of God..mating eith him and they h ad Giants.Nephil...it was UNNATURAL mating and an attempt to pollute the SEED of Adam..
If you can find 143,999 other Christians to back you up. Bring them here ...ok..if not get another bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A nakim

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458570 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
"What is the Gap Theory? Did anything happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?"
Genesis 1:1-2 states,“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.” The Gap Theory is the view that God created a fully functional earth with all animals, including the dinosaurs and other creatures we know only from the fossil record. Then, the theory goes, something happened to destroy the earth completely—some speculate it was the fall of Satan to earth—so that the earth became without form and void. At this point, God started all over again, recreating the earth in its paradise form as further described in Genesis.
There are too many problems with this theory to describe adequately in a brief response, not the least of which is that if something important had occurred between the two verses, God would have told us so. God would not have left us to speculate in ignorance about such important events. Second, Genesis 1:31 says God declared His creation to be “very good,” which He certainly could not say if evil had already entered the world via Satan’s fall in the “gap.” Along the same line, if the fossil record is to be explained by the millions of years in the gap, that means death, disease, and suffering were common many ages before Adam fell. But the Bible tells us that it was Adam’s sin that introduced death, disease, and suffering to all life:“Sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin”(Romans 5:12).
Those who hold to the Gap Theory do so in order to reconcile the theories of modern scientists who hold to the old-earth theory—the belief that the earth is billions of years older than can be accounted for by adding up the genealogies of man found in the Bible. Even well-meaning evangelicals have bought into the old-earth theory, handling much of Genesis 1 allegorically, while attempting to hold to a literal interpretation of the rest of Scripture. The danger in this is in determining at what point to stop allegorizing and begin interpreting literally. Was Adam a literal person? How do we know? If he was not, then did he really bring sin into the human race, or can we allegorize that as well? And if there was no literal Adam to introduce the sin which we all inherit, then there was no reason for Jesus to die on the cross. A non-literal original sin denies the reason for Christ’s coming in the first place, as explained in 1 Corinthians 15:22:“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.” At that point, Christianity itself becomes a hoax and the Bible just a nice book of stories and fables. Can we not see where this type of “reasoning” gets us?
Genesis 1 simply cannot be reconciled with the notion that creation occurred over long periods of time, nor that these periods occurred in the space between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. What took place between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2? Absolutely nothing! Genesis 1:1 tells us that God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:2 informs us that when He first created the earth, it was formless, empty, and dark; it was not finished and not yet inhabited by creatures. The rest of Genesis chapter 1 tells us how God completed the formless, empty, and dark earth by filling it with life, beauty, and goodness. The Bible is true, literal, and perfect (Psalm 19:7-9). Science has never disproved anything in the Bible and it never will. The Bible is supreme truth and therefore is the standard by which scientific theory should be evaluated, not the other way around.
I am positive, from your words, that you know not which end is up!!!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458571 Jul 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??
The ONLY mention of angels..Sons of God..mating eith him and they h ad Giants.Nephil...it was UNNATURAL mating and an attempt to pollute the SEED of Adam..
If you can find 143,999 other Christians to back you up. Bring them here ...ok..if not get another bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anak

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458572 Jul 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??
http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/20020118.htm

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458573 Jul 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??
The 144,000 elect of God is aware of this and so is the """7000 very Elect""" aware of the info I posted but the rest of you guys are clueless about this.

Location hidden

#458574 Jul 2, 2013
Ac 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well...

Among other things to abstain from is blood...

Question: So why to Catholics guzzle the blood of Christ????!!! That Scripture does not apply to them?????
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458575 Jul 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Jac, one more time- and I hope you listen..
The Catholic Church has claimed the events of Fatima (Miracle of the Sun, Marian apparitions, the countless healings) as worthy of belief. In other words: The Church has declared that its ok for Catholics to believe them or not to believe them. The messages are not to be considered official Church teachings. They were revealed to three little kids. That's called a PRIVATE revelation.
The messages at Fatima were given to three fallible Children. Period.
I heard of a similar occurrence that happened with a little boy ..
no one claimed it to be a miracle though...
NOW BEAR WITH ME
A little boy come running in to the house..
He told his mom that there was big Black bear out in the neighbors yard..
His mother looked out the window and told her son that he should no be telling untrue stories..
She sent Him up to his room and said he needed to talk to God about being UN-truthful.
After a bit the little BOY came down the steps ...and
when his mother
questioned him
about talking to God
about lying...
the little Boy answered her...He said
"God told me... thAT the neighbors big black dog looked like a bear to Him too ...the first time he saw it"
all I can say is ....it is a good thing the pope never
heard
about this divine revelation..LOL.
The kids lied we know for a fact.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458576 Jul 2, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Catholic running from a simple question.
That is ONLY thing you Protestant "fundies" ever have (are questions) as you bible only "buffoons" drift around "aimlessly" with your other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations in "conflicting" confusion and chaos!...... The answers were given to you over 2000 years ago in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, that HE initiated, formed and authenticated in Matthew 16:13-21 and in John 6:47-59 with HIS TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD in the Eucharist.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458577 Jul 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish mortal. They were able to see God the same way they saw those two spirituaql being sitting in Christ's tomb after he arose. The same way the shepherds watching their flock at night and were able to see tha angelic host when they announced the birth of Christ. The same way Abraham was able to see God when he stopped by his home to announce that He was gonna destroy Sodom and Gommorah. What fools some mortals like you be.
The Lord Jesus makes himself visible to whomever he wants. I agree.
You are still high.
Adam and Eve were humans and it was Jesus who was in the Garden.
You should marry a woman and give up lusting on your own gender.

Location hidden

#458578 Jul 2, 2013
Fatteemaw continuaded...

2. Not everyone saw it!. This is the polar opposite of the theory that some in China saw it too but consistency and science have nothing to do with each other when trying to disprove a miracle, I guess.

Astronomers argue that the sun dancing in the sky was not reported all over the world so it never happened.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458579 Jul 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why thank you. Ever since God saved me I have been feeling high. It's a great feeling too. It's called being on a Godly and spiritual high. You should try it sometimes.
Tony i'm sorry to make an example of you but it fits to discribe the saving power of God to conform one to His Son.

You surely agree your no longer a 'gay' man just as theifs no longer steal, murderers at heart repent etc etc, right?

I don't see how your past sin is different from other sins, aren't we freed from them all when we believe and move forward from there?

You don't still think you were born that way, do you?

I love you Tony. Blessings
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458580 Jul 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is ONLY thing you Protestant "fundies" ever have (are questions) as you bible only "buffoons" drift around "aimlessly" with your other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations in "conflicting" confusion and chaos!...... The answers were given to you over 2000 years ago in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, that HE initiated, formed and authenticated in Matthew 16:13-21 and in John 6:47-59 with HIS TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD in the Eucharist.
hey hojo how are you, we ask questions to make you think...:) Love you, blessings.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458581 Jul 2, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord Jesus makes himself visible to whomever he wants. I agree.
You are still high.
Adam and Eve were humans and it was Jesus who was in the Garden.
You should marry a woman and give up lusting on your own gender.
That would be God's plan directly said, Disciple power:)

HE reminded me today that HE will finish what HE started in me, what a welcome journey, love you bro.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458582 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is a myth, as are all other myths.
You want your myth to be real by claiming that those other myths were simply fairy tales.
I believe all religious myths are fairy tales ... and that includes the ones in which you place all your faith.
You're confused, child.

Christ is a myth.

Jesus likely was a real person.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458583 Jul 2, 2013
Interesting lesson for the Christians here. Have you guys ever noticed how Goliath the giant that David slew had the number 6 stamped on him like a hallmark? Note that he was "6" cubits in height, he had "6" pieces of armor and "6" shekels of iron. Compare the armor of Goliath to the armor of God given in Ephesians 6:14-16.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458584 Jul 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Interesting lesson for the Christians here. Have you guys ever noticed how Goliath the giant that David slew had the number 6 stamped on him like a hallmark? Note that he was "6" cubits in height, he had "6" pieces of armor and "6" shekels of iron. Compare the armor of Goliath to the armor of God given in Ephesians 6:14-16.
Goliath used 6 pieces of armor and the armor of God in Ephesians consisted of 6 things also. Goliath's 6 pieces of armor was physical, Gods 6 pieces of armor was spiritual.

United States

#458585 Jul 2, 2013
Vatican sex abuse scandal: Priests paid to leave

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458586 Jul 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey hojo how are you, we ask questions to make you think...:) Love you, blessings.
Thanks Marge! Nothing more think about with regards to Our Lords One True Catholic. It's ALL in be authenticated and proven over and over again, in 2000 years in the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. Now, just live that TRUTH in faith, hope and trust in the Salvation of Jesus Christ---each and every day at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist (HIS TRUE body and TRUE blood), the Word of God --which is proclaim and read daily, the Sacraments, and in daily/nightly prayer in the Adoration Chapel where are Lord is exposed and present (again) in the Eucharist. God Bless!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Sun Frindly 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web