Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603689 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

United States

#458299 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is a King and Mary is his Queen, then in what why would Mary NOT be a goddess?
The King and his Queen had a son named Jesus, but before Mary was officially His queen.
Here's where it gets strange. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity, being one with the Father.
Wait!! Now Queen Mary has a problem, in light of the definition of the Holy Trinity.
No matter, I get it. Based on what you are told, how can you NOT worship Mary?
Mary is both the Queen of Heaven and Mother of God, who lived as a human, but was forever sinless just like Jesus.
WOW, IT GETS EVEN CRAZIER!!! The Apostles and their students somehow forgot to mention any of this.
How is it possible?
Well, who's the Queen of Heaven then?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458300 Jul 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Hojo but your wrong again.....the word Catholic wayyyy back then meant UNIVERSAL NOT AS IN YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCH of TODAY...ONE HOLY UNIVERSAL AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH!!!....Its that simple to understand and if you stop and think about it it makes sense..
You can believe all of the "distorted versions of Orthodox Church History that you want Seraphima!" We as Catholics, know (with out question and without "a doubt" the PROVEN AND VERIFIABLE TRUTH of TRUE Church History that St Ignatius (in 107 AD) confirmed in a letter, which Church he was referring to when he used the word "Catholic"!(and it wasn't Orthodox). You are right!! It "is simple to understand and unfortunately you have trouble understanding "simple TRUTH" such as TRUE Church History!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#458301 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A feathered serpent deity has been worshipped by many different ethno-political groups in Mesoamerican history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Serpent
The Middle East used to regard the female serpent as the embodiment of enlightenment, or wisdom, because she understood the mysteries of life. In Arabic, the words for “snake,”“life,” and “teaching” are all related to the name of Eve—the biblical version of the Goddess with her serpent form, who gave the food of enlightenment to the first man.
AYE!
There is soooo much more to it than that. And who and what does the Abrahamic religion denigrate?
Why did they destroy the library of Alexandria?
Why do you suppose I have stated so many times that who I spoke with was "misled". I -was -NOT -lying!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#458302 Jul 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seraphima" I/we as Catholics, will (continue) to follow, embrace and adhere to the ONLY TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ, as other Catholics have for over 2000 years, living in the faith and salvation of Christ that is manifested in and through HIS One True Catholic ChurcH---where the inspired and revealed TRUTH has and always (will be))!!!...."YOU Confrinting--- CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
Was the Catholic Church following "The true teachings of Jesus Christ" during the Crusades,Inquisition etc.? just asking..
Seraphima...I don't understand what you are saying in the above post. Please explain.
KayMarie
The beginning part of the post is what Hojo was saying to you. I copyed it and my reply begins with...Was the catholic church following..........sorry for the misunderstanding
youtube

AOL

#458303 Jul 1, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458304 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't. It doesn't affect the truth in Catholicism either way.
For starters, she is not above Christ and does not act separately from Him. But she is a very powerful intercessor being the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the spiritual Mother of Christians. So in that context, she could help anyone through her prayers, just like your friends could help YOU through their prayers. The Blessed Mother is in the presence of Christ, So her prayers are that much more powerful than mine and yours.
God used her to bring Himself in flesh to the world. Why can't He use her again to bring the world to Him?
The Romanist writes: "God used her to bring Himself in flesh to the world. Why can't He use her again to bring the world to Him?"

The Gospels tell us again and again that God uses Jesus to bring the world to Him.

Not once do the Gospels tell us that Jesus is to share that function with Mary.

Nowhere. Zip. Nothing.

Now Mary resides as Queen of the Holy Trinity? No way! If true, that would be something the Gospels would surely have made clear.

No, it is a perversion, just like RCC sex-abuse cover-up, a perversion just like the RCC bank, a perversion of Mary herself.

"To save souls, devotion to my Sacred Heart." Tell us again how that is BS. That's funny, because we both agree.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458305 Jul 1, 2013
Bible Verse of the Day
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJV)
www.Christ.com

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458306 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As Queen of Heaven, is Mary now part of the Holy Trinity?

How is it possible that the "Queen of Heaven" is NOT?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#458307 Jul 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry...I have called Hermie, and left him a message. He will rescue you!!!
Hermi's gonna need some help for himself..
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458308 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Queen of Heaven , Clay. Jesus is our all in all.
And Gods Grace is sufficient.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458309 Jul 1, 2013
who="Seraphima"The beginning part of the post is what Hojo was saying to you. I copyed it and my reply begins with...Was the catholic church following..........sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thank you so much. I THOUGHT that that first part was Hojo's words!
His posts never vary.

KayMarie

#458310 Jul 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ONE OF THEIR FABLES ABOUT MARY HAS ANY FOUNDATION IN THE ..
SCRIPTURES...
NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT A IMMACULATE CONCEPTION...
THAT SHE WAS BORN WITH OUT SIN...
NOR A HOLY ASSUMPTION OF MARY...IN THE BIBLE
NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT MARY BEING A PERPETUAL VIRGIN
fact is it names her children...
Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT HER BEING THE MEDIATOR BETWEEN THE CHRISTIAN AND JESUS.
JESUS IS OUR MEDIATOR BETWEEN US AN THE HEAVENLY FATHER...
1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Heb_8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb_9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
~~~

OVER THE CENTURIES...the ROMAN CATHOLIC religious society have attempted

to assume fables into the Bible and worked to embed their myth into the

word of God. NOW THE REJECT IT ALTOGETHER...and attempt to replace it with their own conjecture....

attempting to accomplish the same thing that the devil did in the garden of Eden...

when he added his own spin to what God had said.

Now they accuse God and blaspheme the Holy Ghost by teaching that their

fables and myths takes precedent over the God breath anointed Scriptures ..

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

They have rejected the Holy Ghost...John 16:13
(whom Jesus said would guide us in all truth )and replaced Him with a

pope in Rome ....to guide their Church is all conjecture..& falsehoods...

There will be hell to pay come judgment day...for these actions...

Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and

commanding to abstain from meats,

which God hath created to be received

with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

#458311 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

You infidels commit the same sins that were propagated by Israel in the Old Testament

God hated it then and He loves it even less now...

Jer_7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the

queen of heaven, and

to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jer_44:17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto

the queen of heaven,

and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

Jer_44:18 But since we left off to burn incense to

the queen of heaven,

and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

Jer_44:19 And when we burned incense to

the queen of heaven,

and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

Jer 44:22 So that the LORD could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings,

and because of the abominations which ye have committed;

therefore is your land a desolation, and

an astonishment, and

a curse, without an inhabitant,

as at this day.

Jer 44:23 Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.

Jer 44:24 Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women,

Hear the word of the LORD, all Judah that are in the land of Egypt:

Jer 44:25 Thus saith the LORD of hosts,

the God of Israel,

saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and

fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely

perform our vows that we have vowed,

to burn incense

to the queen of heaven, and

to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

Jer 44:26 Therefore

hear ye the word of the LORD,

all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt;

Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD,

that my name shall no more be named

in the mouth of any man of Judah

in all the land of Egypt,

saying, The Lord GOD liveth.

Jer 44:27 Behold,

I will watch over them for evil, and

not for good: and

all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt

shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine,

until there be an end of them.

Jer_44:25 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#458312 Jul 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my curiosity....
Where are you finding info that God actually said: thousands,shalt not EAT of it.
Where are you finding info that the serpent touch the tree...
That was auto correct sorry ..happens when you type on a device meant for reading..

GOD said do not EAT.

ADAM said God said do not eat or touch ..the serpent was at or under or near or touching the tree ..not dead ...

Location hidden

#458313 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A feathered serpent deity has been worshipped by many different ethno-political groups in Mesoamerican history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Serpent
The Middle East used to regard the female serpent as the embodiment of enlightenment, or wisdom, because she understood the mysteries of life. In Arabic, the words for “snake,”“life,” and “teaching” are all related to the name of Eve—the biblical version of the Goddess with her serpent form, who gave the food of enlightenment to the first man.
I will relate to you a story. It is that of the MU(original "American"
indian). The MU were a people of the Pacific. Maybe 20,000 or more years ago. Their land has "sunk" in the Pacific-just as Atlantis in the Atlantic (southern).
The original inhabitant was not of this planet. He was from without this solar system.(I can not recall his name at this moment).
ANYWAY... he was not happy with his circumstance in the place where he dwelled. He had spoken to this individual who had spoken of him of a "blue" planet which was wonderful in aspect and becoming of fortitude. He spoke with his grandfather(one of wisdom) and asked his permission to travel and settle in this new world. His grandfather gave his permission and support for his venture to him and his famly..The planet was what we know as "earth"...and he took this expansive venture in the "wings if the eagle" of none other than "ENKI"(who was unknown to anyone other than the Sumerians-Thousands of years before this event-[and half a world apart]).
This is not the entire revelation, but it is sufficient to make the point.
ENKI IS INDEED [Quetzalcoatl]!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458314 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Mary lived, she would have been faithful to Judaism NOT Christianity.
All this malarkey about sainthood is simply that ... Catholic malarkey!
Had she lived??

She did live after He died..She was a Jewish woman who knew Her Son was the Messiah the Christ

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458315 Jul 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take a good look at history, you will find that it was not Egypt(proper) that was interfering with the Judah's and Israelites. It was the other way around. The were considered "barbarians" by the Egyptians....because they WERE.
They were slaves..

The Jews belonged in what became Israel

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#458316 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph- being a devout Jew- would not venture into the Ark that bore forth the word of God. There is no way. Once the Holy Spirit conceived the Christ in her body, it became off limits for sexual intercourse. That's a no brainer to us normal Christians. To the radical fanaticals, I suppose you'd be ok with it.
His calling to the sacrament of Holy Matrimony wasn't about procreation. Joseph had a unique and special calling.
Your feeble mind can't separate sex from marriage.
Look Ox, this is the truth: I don't care what you believe about Mary or why you believe it. I find you very odd. You don't seem concerned with what Catholics really teach. You just wanna antagonize everyone. You help the Catholic Church every time you post.
the [supposition]that you are bringing into this discussion. goes against the Written Word of God and His commandment. for the jewish people to have many children.

so why would your catholic teachers try and say that this commandment is now NULL AND VOID?

I like you(right?) have read the bible and I have yet to see where God ever changed any of His Commandments to mankind.

could you show us an example of where God told any person in the bible to disregard even ONE Commandment? you surely can do that, Right?

I mean after all, mary was only a surrogate mom, not a surrogate wife. the bible teaches that it is better to marry(if you cant contain yourself) than to burn. and so after the birth of Jesus, they did obey His Command and produced 6 children of their own as the bible records. therefore not RISKING His Wrath by being disobedient to that earlier Commandment given to all jewish couples.Psalms 112:1-10 - Praise ye the LORD. Blessed [is] the man [that] feareth the LORD,[that] delighteth greatly in his commandments.

I think it is a shame that you would prefer that joseph would suffer in hell by disobeying God Commandment, when we know that after the ok from God , He did obey Him by taking her in marriage, and God Blessed that union by giving them more children to love and cherish.
Deuteronomy 7:14 - Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.

Genesis 1:28 - And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Psalms 127:3-5 - Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD:[and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.

and let me finish with this verse for you clay and all of you catholics on here and elsewhere.

Psalms 2:1-12 - Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

Location hidden

#458317 Jul 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Moses, speaka English! LOL
What? Ya mean ya din't stand under what I was say'n?
OH Lawdy!
marge

Ames, IA

#458318 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romanist writes: "God used her to bring Himself in flesh to the world. Why can't He use her again to bring the world to Him?"
The Gospels tell us again and again that God uses Jesus to bring the world to Him.
Not once do the Gospels tell us that Jesus is to share that function with Mary.
Nowhere. Zip. Nothing.
Now Mary resides as Queen of the Holy Trinity? No way! If true, that would be something the Gospels would surely have made clear.
No, it is a perversion, just like RCC sex-abuse cover-up, a perversion just like the RCC bank, a perversion of Mary herself.
"To save souls, devotion to my Sacred Heart." Tell us again how that is BS. That's funny, because we both agree.
your slick jack click with your reasoning skills:) Blessings to you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citize... 52 min Catholic24 3
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 56 min Catholic24 38
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr JESUS SAVES 9,685
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Catholic24 84,434
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 23 hr Catholic24 8
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web