Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688839 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess Jurist

Medina, OH

#458507 Jul 2, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Any "serious BIBLE STUDENT" already ACCEPTS the authority of the Catholic Church the first time they open the book that the Church canonized.
Incorrect.

Goofy.
Chess Jurist

Medina, OH

#458508 Jul 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS CLAIM PETER HAS THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM
AND YOU CLAIM YOU OWN PETER..
YOU MIGHT HAVE THE KEYS TO YOUR HOUSE BUT THE MORTGAGE COMPANY OWNS IT..
YOU DON'T MAKE THE PAYMENTS HE REPOSSESSES IT...
LON TIME AGO YOU GAVE UP ANY CLIM TO HEAVENS DOOR .....
What????

You'll haf ta speak louder.
Chess Jurist

Medina, OH

#458509 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458510 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
The Conditions of Discipleship
If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also .... And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me .... So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple —Luke 14:26-27, 33
If the closest relationships of a disciple’s life conflict with the claims of Jesus Christ, then our Lord requires instant obedience to Himself. Discipleship means personal, passionate devotion to a Person— our Lord Jesus Christ. There is a vast difference between devotion to a person and devotion to principles or to a cause. Our Lord never proclaimed a cause— He proclaimed personal devotion to Himself. To be a disciple is to be a devoted bondservant motivated by love for the Lord Jesus. Many of us who call ourselves Christians are not truly devoted to Jesus Christ. No one on earth has this passionate love for the Lord Jesus unless the Holy Spirit has given it to him. We may admire, respect, and revere Him, but we cannot love Him on our own. The only One who truly loves the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, and it is He who has “poured out in our hearts” the very “love of God”(Romans 5:5). Whenever the Holy Spirit sees an opportunity to glorify Jesus through you, He will take your entire being and set you ablaze with glowing devotion to Jesus Christ.
The Christian life is a life characterized by true and spontaneous creativity. Consequently, a disciple is subject to the same charge that was leveled against Jesus Christ, namely, the charge of inconsistency. But Jesus Christ was always consistent in His relationship to God, and a Christian must be consistent in his relationship to the life of the Son of God in him, not consistent to strict, unyielding doctrines. People pour themselves into their own doctrines, and God has to blast them out of their preconceived ideas before they can become devoted to Jesus Christ.
Really?????

hate
a. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
b. To detest.
2. To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.
v.intr.
To feel hatred.
n.
1. Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.
2. An object of detestation or hatred:

Are you really sure that is what He said!!!!!????

Location hidden

#458511 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must the facts be interpreted?
Because no one was there to see what happened. We can not directly observe and measure history. We must look at what we have in the present, and follow that evidence to wherever it leads us.
What is some of the evidence?
#1- Fossils take millions of years to form.
There's a problem with that statement. It's not true.
Fossilized Bowler HatMuseums have fossils that are only a few decades old. For example, there is a museum that has a fossilized cowboy boot and a fossilized pickle from the 1950's. It does not take very long for something to become fossilized.
Didn't it take millions and millions of years for dinosaurs to turn into oil? No. There is a refinery in Texas that takes in turkey carcasses and turns them into oil in three hours. It doesn't take millions of years to make oil. Given the right conditions of temperature, pressure, etc., it only takes a few hours.
#2 - It took millions of years to build up all those rock layers the fossils are buried in.
When Mount St. Helens erupted scientists observed thousands of layers of sediment, 30 feet thick, laid down in three hours. A lot of water (say from Noah's global flood), over a short time can easily create millions of rock layers. And what would we find in those rock layers? Lots of dead things killed by Noah's flood--which is exactly what we see.
#3 - There are scientific methods used to date rocks that tell us they are millions of years old.
There are about 100 methods of dating rocks based on measuring radioactive decay. The problem is that using these methods you'll probably get 100 different ages for the rock. One of the problems scientists face is picking the dating method that gives an age for the rock that is the age they want it to have. They'll test a rock, and if the test does not give the age they want, they try another test.
It's interesting that these same tests, when used on new rocks (from volcanos such as Mt. St. Helens) give ages for these new rocks that say they are millions of years old. That doesn't add up.
"It's interesting that these same tests, when used on new rocks (from volcanos such as Mt. St. Helens) give ages for these new rocks that say they are millions of years old. That doesn't add up."

It does add up...and...they are probably more than millions of years old....they could be so old that no modern testing can make the determination as to their age...or the age of planet earth...the Bible says...

Location hidden

#458512 Jul 2, 2013
Ac 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well...

Among other things to abstain from blood...

Question: So why to Catholics guzzle the blood of Christ????!!! That Scripture does not apply to them?????
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#458513 Jul 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>are you so naďve that you believe that Mary was the only virgin in Israel at that time?
I am very certain that God could have found another surrogate for the embryo being placed in the womb.
just not a "biggie" for God.
You are absolutely correct. There were many other virgins in Israel "at that time". But they were not chosen by God, were they? Mary was chosen by God and she said YES, I will carry God the Son in my womb and give Him all the nurturing and love that only a mother can give to a child. It was Mary that was chosen and it was Mary that said YES. This is what is being discussed here. NOT whether there were other virgins, not whether anyone else could have carried "the Word made flesh" in their womb. It is simply that Mary was chosen and Mary said YES. Comprende?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#458514 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What????
You'll haf ta speak louder.
do you attend that satanic building that you can see from 75

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458515 Jul 2, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they did question it.
It took 13 years before any statement was made, and as late as 2010 they're still hashing it out.
There were many statements made. It took 13 years for the event to be officially deemed a miracle by local bishops.(Look it up.)

They are still hashing out the 3rd secret.

Again Satan twists away.

I only asked about the second secret, the one that says devotion to Mary saves souls.

That's a problem for you. It's not "official," but it is a centerpiece of Catholic culture.

Thousands gathered to see Mary. Thousands saw something, but no one saw Mary except 3 little girls and their story is absurd.

Sounds like the the work of Satan.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458516 Jul 2, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
No! We have The Word, Thanks to God. But it was through Mary that "The Word was made Flesh". Comprende?
Adam and Eve were they humans?.....entiendes?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458517 Jul 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>do you attend that satanic building that you can see from 75
You're pretending, child.
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#458518 Jul 2, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve were they humans?.....entiendes?
Are you saying that Adam and Eve were "the Word made flesh"? This is what we are talking about. Now what does Adam and Eve have to do with this subject? Entiendo muy bien, pero tu no comprendes.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458519 Jul 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you buy this serpent seed stuff ..I had never heard of it till I looked at that link.
Sounds like Dan Brown religion imo
This serpent seed doctrine is all bologna.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458520 Jul 2, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct. There were many other virgins in Israel "at that time". But they were not chosen by God, were they? Mary was chosen by God and she said YES, I will carry God the Son in my womb and give Him all the nurturing and love that only a mother can give to a child. It was Mary that was chosen and it was Mary that said YES. This is what is being discussed here. NOT whether there were other virgins, not whether anyone else could have carried "the Word made flesh" in their womb. It is simply that Mary was chosen and Mary said YES. Comprende?
San Antonio's sun can cause people not think straight like that sometimes.
The bigger picture is that Jesus was born a Jew in case you missed it. So you may want to worship the Jews instead of Mary. By your login that is.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458521 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality of Fatima is that there were supernatural events that proved the existence of God and the role of the Blessed Mother.. which also proves the Catholic Church to be who they claim to be.
You want to focus on some secret messages that are basically irrelevant to us. Mary didn't say anything to us. Three little children said Mary said it. That's not enough to make the Church respond to any Dogmatic or doctrinal issues.
Meanwhile, some guy say he deciphered some Bible secret, and you guys run out in the street awaiting the Rapture!
I looked and looked and looked and could not find "Fatima" in the Bible. Is this more hocus pocus mumbo jumbo Roman Catholic crap-o-la? Just say, Yes, OldJG, this is more hocus pocus mumbo jumbo Roman Catholic crap-o-la. Thank you Cly.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458522 Jul 2, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Adam and Eve were "the Word made flesh"? This is what we are talking about. Now what does Adam and Eve have to do with this subject? Entiendo muy bien, pero tu no comprendes.
No I'm not saying that.
If they were humans how were they able to see God in the garden of Eden?
Now go in the shade and think.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458523 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must the facts be interpreted?
Because no one was there to see what happened. We can not directly observe and measure history. We must look at what we have in the present, and follow that evidence to wherever it leads us.
What is some of the evidence?
#1- Fossils take millions of years to form.
Fossilized Bowler HatMuseums have fossils that are only a few decades old. For example, there is a museum that has a fossilized cowboy boot and a fossilized pickle from the 1950's. It does not take very long for something to become fossilized.
Didn't it take millions and millions of years for dinosaurs to turn into oil? No. There is a refinery in Texas that takes in turkey carcasses and turns them into oil in three hours. It doesn't take millions of years to make oil. Given the right conditions of temperature, pressure, etc., it only takes a few hours.
#2 - It took millions of years to build up all those rock layers the fossils are buried in.
When Mount St. Helens erupted scientists observed thousands of layers of sediment, 30 feet thick, laid down in three hours. A lot of water (say from Noah's global flood), over a short time can easily create millions of rock layers. And what would we find in those rock layers? Lots of dead things killed by Noah's flood--which is exactly what we see.
#3 - There are scientific methods used to date rocks that tell us they are millions of years old.
There are about 100 methods of dating rocks based on measuring radioactive decay. The problem is that using these methods you'll probably get 100 different ages for the rock. One of the problems scientists face is picking the dating method that gives an age for the rock that is the age they want it to have. They'll test a rock, and if the test does not give the age they want, they try another test.
It's interesting that these same tests, when used on new rocks (from volcanos such as Mt. St. Helens) give ages for these new rocks that say they are millions of years old. That doesn't add up.
It surprised me to learn that a long time Christian and some Catholics ...And myself as a schoolgirl in Catholic s chool..learned it rained forth t days but had no knowledge of the cataclysmic force of the fountains inside the earth erupting at the same time would produce!!!!

One thing though ..have you ever heard of the gap theory ???
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458524 Jul 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It surprised me to learn that a long time Christian and some Catholics ...And myself as a schoolgirl in Catholic s chool..learned it rained forth t days but had no knowledge of the cataclysmic force of the fountains inside the earth erupting at the same time would produce!!!!
No I haven't!!
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458525 Jul 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have it was being taught in the church I was going to after our Pastor left, and a replacement Pastor was bought in till we got a new Pastor.
I left the church, It didn't ring a bell when I first read your post.

Location hidden

#458526 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Jac, one more time- and I hope you listen..
The Catholic Church has claimed the events of Fatima (Miracle of the Sun, Marian apparitions, the countless healings) as worthy of belief. In other words: The Church has declared that its ok for Catholics to believe them or not to believe them. The messages are not to be considered official Church teachings. They were revealed to three little kids. That's called a PRIVATE revelation.
The messages at Fatima were given to three fallible Children. Period.
When God was putting you together, He said "Brain". You thought He said "Rain"...and you took shelter!!!

The Miracle of the Dancing Sun at Fatima which was seen by 70,000 people on October 13th, 1917 has been written about often. But many people continually attempt to explain away the vision of the sun dancing in the sky at a foretold time.

By now, secularists have amassed an enormous amount of explanations as to why we should not believe our own eyes. Nothing at all special happened in Portugal that great day.

1. Stratospheric Dust. Steuart Campbell, writing for the 1989 edition of Journal of Meteorology, posited that a cloud of stratospheric dust altered the appearance of the sun making it abnormally easy to look at, and causing it to appear yellow, blue, and violet and to spin. In support of his hypothesis, Mr. Campbell reports that a blue and reddened sun was reported in China as documented in 1983.

Now, the fact that this happened on schedule doesn’t ruffle this theory for them at all I’m sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web