Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688800 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#458486 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega, there is no Queen of Heaven. The Bible does not speak of a Queen in Heaven.
It does however speak of the Messiah Savior of the world; it also speaks of the Holy Spirit, The Comforter, Elohim Adonai are masculine names of God . and they are plural ,
That does not mean there are 3 Gods there is one God ,it speak of the Trinity. which means "Lord God"
El Shaddai (&#1513;&#1463;&#1 473;&#1491;&#1463; &#1468;&#1497;) is the name by which God was known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The name Shaddai is again used as a name of God later in the Book of Job. It means God Almighty ; Shaddai means destroyer.
In my bible class we studied the Hebrew names for God accordingly to His works , In great detail, Jehovah Jireh - God our Provider .
The Bible has no name for a Queen of Heaven and if it is in the Bible please give me the Scripture and the Hebrew name , so I know what I am looking for.
You would need to look in far older areas of civilization than your "new" teaching of the bible. Your book is merely a reconstruction of an ancient account of history and beliefs...and even they were/are reconstructions stemming from even earlier accounts...all of which were aligned to the agenda's of those particular societies as dictated by the ruling "elite". All we have left that is even discernible, is from 4-6,000 years BCE. Archaeology tells us that civilization is millions of years older than that.
Your bible has been proven to be absolutely unreliable in even the latest of "ages".
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458487 Jul 2, 2013
The Conditions of Discipleship

If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also .... And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me .... So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple —Luke 14:26-27, 33

If the closest relationships of a disciple’s life conflict with the claims of Jesus Christ, then our Lord requires instant obedience to Himself. Discipleship means personal, passionate devotion to a Person— our Lord Jesus Christ. There is a vast difference between devotion to a person and devotion to principles or to a cause. Our Lord never proclaimed a cause— He proclaimed personal devotion to Himself. To be a disciple is to be a devoted bondservant motivated by love for the Lord Jesus. Many of us who call ourselves Christians are not truly devoted to Jesus Christ. No one on earth has this passionate love for the Lord Jesus unless the Holy Spirit has given it to him. We may admire, respect, and revere Him, but we cannot love Him on our own. The only One who truly loves the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, and it is He who has “poured out in our hearts” the very “love of God”(Romans 5:5). Whenever the Holy Spirit sees an opportunity to glorify Jesus through you, He will take your entire being and set you ablaze with glowing devotion to Jesus Christ.

The Christian life is a life characterized by true and spontaneous creativity. Consequently, a disciple is subject to the same charge that was leveled against Jesus Christ, namely, the charge of inconsistency. But Jesus Christ was always consistent in His relationship to God, and a Christian must be consistent in his relationship to the life of the Son of God in him, not consistent to strict, unyielding doctrines. People pour themselves into their own doctrines, and God has to blast them out of their preconceived ideas before they can become devoted to Jesus Christ.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458488 Jul 2, 2013
Wisdom from Oswald Chambers

It is perilously possible to make our conceptions of God like molten lead poured into a specially designed mould, and when it is cold and hard we fling it at the heads of the religious people who don’t agree with us.
Disciples Indeed

Location hidden

#458489 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
The Hebrew Names of God
1. Elohim "God our Creator"
Elohim is the name that introduces God in Genesis 1:1. The word can be divided into two parts. The first part, El, means God and is connected to His might, power, majesty, glory, and authority. Ohim speaks of plurality, so we can clearly see in this first scripture God is introduced as the mighty Trinity. The name Elohim is always connected to God's acts. The angels know Him by this name.
2. Jehovah "Our Eternal God"
Jehovah is the name of relationship and covenant. God introduced Himself to Adam as "Lord God" in Genesis 2. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground." (Genesis 2:7). Jehovah is connected to the creation of man, to the making of a covenant, and to the atonement. It is Jehovah who reveals Elohim. God is always worshipped as Jehovah--and one cannot worship Him without a relationship through a covenant.
3. Jehovah El Shaddai "God our Supplier"
The name El Shaddai means the God of might, nourishment, bounty, and blessings. God revealed Himself to Abraham as El Shaddai when He promised him a son. Abraham was ninety-nine years old when El Shaddai "The Almighty God" made a covenant with him to "multiply thee exceedingly" (Genesis 17:1-2).
4. Adonai "Master, Lord"
Adonai was spoken by Abraham in Genesis 18:3 when God came and told Abraham what He was about to do to Sodom and Gommorah, and Abraham became the great intercessor. This shows us that the name Adonai is connected to God's ownership and Lordship over our lives, and to revelation of the future and intercession.
5. Jehovah-Jireh "God my Provider"
This name was revealed in Genesis 22:14 when Abraham was about to offer up Isaac and the Lord stopped him and provided a lamb (ram)...the substitute for Isaac. This powerful story reveals Jesus and the work of the cross. The name Jehovah-Jireh speaks of the Lord God providing His Son for our redemption and being our provider for all that we need.
6. Jehovah-Rapha "God my Healer"
Exodus 15:22-26, when the children of Israel came to Marah in the wilderness and could not drink the water because it was bitter, discloses the name Jehovah-Rapha. The Lord made a covenant of healing with His people and said that if they would keep all His commandments, He would be their health and healer continually. "...for I am the Lord that healeth Thee." (Exodus 15:26).
7. Jehovah-Nissi "God my Banner"
This name was made known when Moses lifted up the rod of victory, in prayer, for an entire day as a battle with the Amalekites was fought (Exodus 17:15). The Hebrew word Nissi means my banner, or my covering, my protection and, also, my victory.
cont
http://www.hebrew4christians.c om/Names_of_G-d/El/el.html
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#458490 Jul 2, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Catholic running from a simple question.
In the almost 100 years since Fatima, has the RCC ever called into question the authenticity of the message given by Mary, recorded by and later reported by the Church?
Never.
Now read the so-called "2nd secret" and tell us how Mary isn't a goddess.
As for your deposit of faith, you don't even know which teachings are considered "infallible from God" and which are not. There is no list, because the RCC doesn't want you to be too knowledgeable. Then it would all fall apart - like the Fatima "secrets."
A "list of infallible teachings"? RAD, Free Mind, or whatever, I'm sure Father Dye cleared that up for you several months ago. Why do you insist on bringing it up over and over again? You were also advised at that time that Fatima was private revelation, and again today. You're like a dog with a bone.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#458491 Jul 2, 2013
i wanna know how good of catholic boys clay and hojo are - would you take it up the ying-yang from a priest without complaining for the roman team?

Location hidden

#458492 Jul 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION.
HOW CAN A PERSON THAT DOES NOT EXIST BE DEFAMED...
If you will note....
I gave scripture from the old testament
of what God's reaction was when Israel invented a Queen of heaven.
(JUST AS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAVE DONE)
If you don't like what God said...take it up with Him
GOD'S word is never shameless...
I JUST POSTED WHAT HE SAID..
THE SHAMELESSNESS
IS
IN THE ONE
THAT REJECTS HIS WORD...
What you really posted is what "men" said your deity said.
Men who wanted to remove the female gender from any and all places of high countenance regarding history and religion.
basically, your writings and books are "new age" when compared with the timelines and religions of the world. Most of what is written in your book is reconstructed from earlier religious beliefs and histories with a patent agenda to control the masses toward the ends of the "elite"..very little of which is truthful or accurate. rulers.

Location hidden

#458493 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or hiding from it.
Indeed!
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#458494 Jul 2, 2013
God expressed His Love by creating the world good. And God expressed His Love in a far more awesome, and remarkable way in redeeming mankind which had turned from Him.

Believe in Jesus.

Location hidden

#458495 Jul 2, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>no...m&m's
LOL!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#458496 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
i see that you're afraid to mix it with me now a days. i never meant no harm, but only to shed light into darkness, my friend. you can't blame a brotha for that now can ya?:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458497 Jul 2, 2013
Just read this. And thought I'd share

http://www.aish.com/jw/s/Hollywood-and-the-Ho...

We are not alone ..And this country should stand by its greatest ally..imo

Location hidden

#458498 Jul 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i see that you're afraid to mix it with me now a days. i never meant no harm, but only to shed light into darkness, my friend. you can't blame a brotha for that now can ya?:)
Do not flatter yourself. I am not "afraid" of you at all...you have nothing worth "mixing up with" or addressing .
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458499 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You would need to look in far older areas of civilization than your "new" teaching of the bible. Your book is merely a reconstruction of an ancient account of history and beliefs...and even they were/are reconstructions stemming from even earlier accounts...all of which were aligned to the agenda's of those particular societies as dictated by the ruling "elite". All we have left that is even discernible, is from 4-6,000 years BCE. Archaeology tells us that civilization is millions of years older than that.
Your bible has been proven to be absolutely unreliable in even the latest of "ages".
It would be hard to look farther back then The beginning with God.
If God put into the heart and soul of every man created, the knowledge of God Himself.
Why would man not being able to see God, create a verse of what they believe a god should be for themselves., isn't that what man is still doing today.
There is nothing before God, God created the heaven and earth and all that's in it in 6 days rested on the 7th.
From the Bible civilization started in the garden of Eden,
When God fashioned the first man Adam out of the dust of the earth.
Adam, worshipped the true God and walked with Him in the cool of the day.
After the fall of man, man was put out of the Garden . Since then man has had their own ideas about what a god should be like.
and created for themselves pagan religions and fashioned for themselves gods out of all living things, trees stone, and marble, metals etc, bowed down and worshipped them .
Civilizations were built up and controlled by these pagan religions.
the condition of the world according to scientist being exposed to the eliminates; deep freeze, flood, fire etc. could indeed age the earth.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#458500 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not flatter yourself. I am not "afraid" of you at all...you have nothing worth "mixing up with" or addressing .
LOL! ya know, people & circumstances can change in an instant and if/when they do, i want you to know that i'm here to help you know the truth;)
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458501 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must the facts be interpreted?

Because no one was there to see what happened. We can not directly observe and measure history. We must look at what we have in the present, and follow that evidence to wherever it leads us.

What is some of the evidence?

#1- Fossils take millions of years to form.

There's a problem with that statement. It's not true.

Fossilized Bowler HatMuseums have fossils that are only a few decades old. For example, there is a museum that has a fossilized cowboy boot and a fossilized pickle from the 1950's. It does not take very long for something to become fossilized.

Didn't it take millions and millions of years for dinosaurs to turn into oil? No. There is a refinery in Texas that takes in turkey carcasses and turns them into oil in three hours. It doesn't take millions of years to make oil. Given the right conditions of temperature, pressure, etc., it only takes a few hours.

#2 - It took millions of years to build up all those rock layers the fossils are buried in.

When Mount St. Helens erupted scientists observed thousands of layers of sediment, 30 feet thick, laid down in three hours. A lot of water (say from Noah's global flood), over a short time can easily create millions of rock layers. And what would we find in those rock layers? Lots of dead things killed by Noah's flood--which is exactly what we see.

#3 - There are scientific methods used to date rocks that tell us they are millions of years old.

There are about 100 methods of dating rocks based on measuring radioactive decay. The problem is that using these methods you'll probably get 100 different ages for the rock. One of the problems scientists face is picking the dating method that gives an age for the rock that is the age they want it to have. They'll test a rock, and if the test does not give the age they want, they try another test.

It's interesting that these same tests, when used on new rocks (from volcanos such as Mt. St. Helens) give ages for these new rocks that say they are millions of years old. That doesn't add up.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458502 Jul 2, 2013
The Days Of Creation

Here's a list of what God created on each of the six days of creation:

Day 1: The heavens, the earth, light and darkness.

Day 2: Heaven

Day 3: Dry land, the seas, and vegetation.

Day 4: The sun, the moon and the stars.

Day 5: Living creatures in the water, birds in the air.

Day 6: Land animals and people.

Day 7: God "rested".

Dinosaurs were created on day six.There is something interesting to note in this list. Let me ask a question:

What are most dinosaurs?

They are land animals.

When were all land animals created?

Day six. So on what day must dinosaurs have been created? On day six, the same day people were created.

That's interesting. Could it be the Bible is saying people lived with dinosaurs? Is there any evidence that people lived with dinosaurs? The answer to both of these questions is, "yes". But let's start at the beginning to understand what the Bible is saying.

How Long Is A Day?

There is a theory that says each of God's days in Genesis were actually millions of years for us. Is this true? Maybe we need to ask what does the word "day" mean in Genesis?

sun riseThe Hebrew word "yom" is translated as day in Genesis. Just as our word "day" can have different meanings based on its context, so can the word "yom". For example, in the Old Testament "yom" is translated to mean a 24 hour day 1109 times. It means a long, long period of time--such as an age--about nine times.

However, every time the word "yom" is used with the term evening or morning in the Bible, it means a regular 24 hour day.

Every time the word "yom" is used with a number, such as "40 yom" (40 days), it means a regular 24 hour day.

What we now see is that in Genesis chapter one God is going out of His way to emphasize that each day is a normal 24 hour day. For example in verse five He says:

"And there was evening and there was morning, one day."

Verse 8: "And there was evening and there was morning, a second day."

Verse 13: "There was evening and there was morning, a third day."

For each day of creation the pattern is the same: evening, morning, number, day. Just part of that pattern, for example using the words "evening" and "day" together, tell us it was a 24 hour day. But God tells us in three ways -- evening, morning, number -- that the word day means... an ordinary 24 hour day.

God is making it very clear: He created everything in six ordinary days.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458503 Jul 2, 2013
Dinosaurs and People:

We've already seen that, based on God creating both land animals and Adam on day six, that the Bible is saying that dinosaurs and people must have lived together.

Dangerous dinosaurBased on the Bible, is it possible that people and dinosaurs lived together?

Wouldn't the dinosaurs just eat all the people?

The Bible tells us what animals, including dinosaurs, ate. During day six of creation God said: "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food; and it was so." - Genesis 1:29-30 NASB)

God created Adam and Eve, and all the animals as vegetarians! All of the animals, including dinosaurs, eat plants.

But, what about those BIG, sharp teeth? Take T-Rex for example, certainly he was a meat eater.

Panda eating bambooBig, sharp teeth do not mean an animal is a meat eater. Bears have teeth that are big and sharp, similar to a lion's. Yet many bears are mostly vegetation. Chinese Pandas have very sharp teeth. They need those sharp teeth because bamboo, their only food, is very hard to chew. There are numerous examples of animals that only eat plants, and that have very sharp teeth. An animal with big, sharp teeth just means that it is an animal with big, sharp teeth--nothing more.

So, Adam and Eve did not have to worry about being eaten by dinosaurs.

By the way, it not until Genesis 9:3, just after Noah's flood and about 1500 years after Adam and Eve were created, that God gives the animals to man as food. From that point on people started eating meat.

Location hidden

#458505 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must the facts be interpreted?
Because no one was there to see what happened. We can not directly observe and measure history. We must look at what we have in the present, and follow that evidence to wherever it leads us.
What is some of the evidence?
#1- Fossils take millions of years to form.
Fossilized Bowler HatMuseums have fossils that are only a few decades old. For example, there is a museum that has a fossilized cowboy boot and a fossilized pickle from the 1950's. It does not take very long for something to become fossilized.
Didn't it take millions and millions of years for dinosaurs to turn into oil? No. There is a refinery in Texas that takes in turkey carcasses and turns them into oil in three hours. It doesn't take millions of years to make oil. Given the right conditions of temperature, pressure, etc., it only takes a few hours.
#2 - It took millions of years to build up all those rock layers the fossils are buried in.
When Mount St. Helens erupted scientists observed thousands of layers of sediment, 30 feet thick, laid down in three hours. A lot of water (say from Noah's global flood), over a short time can easily create millions of rock layers. And what would we find in those rock layers? Lots of dead things killed by Noah's flood--which is exactly what we see.
#3 - There are scientific methods used to date rocks that tell us they are millions of years old.
There are about 100 methods of dating rocks based on measuring radioactive decay. The problem is that using these methods you'll probably get 100 different ages for the rock. One of the problems scientists face is picking the dating method that gives an age for the rock that is the age they want it to have. They'll test a rock, and if the test does not give the age they want, they try another test.
It's interesting that these same tests, when used on new rocks (from volcanos such as Mt. St. Helens) give ages for these new rocks that say they are millions of years old. That doesn't add up.
Religionists do not seek to find anything beyond what their book says. There are established methods of dating that are proven quite accurate. You are sounding like the willfully ignorant creationist ID'ers...and suck up their suppositions and excuses like a sponge.
You can not make believe your religious beliefs are facts any longer...you will have to face reality and actuality at some point.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458506 Jul 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
The Days Of Creation
Here's a list of what God created on each of the six days of creation:
Day 1: The heavens, the earth, light and darkness.
Day 2: Heaven
Day 3: Dry land, the seas, and vegetation.
Day 4: The sun, the moon and the stars.
Day 5: Living creatures in the water, birds in the air.
Day 6: Land animals and people.
Day 7: God "rested".
Dinosaurs were created on day six.There is something interesting to note in this list. Let me ask a question:
What are most dinosaurs?
They are land animals.
When were all land animals created?
Day six. So on what day must dinosaurs have been created? On day six, the same day people were created.
That's interesting. Could it be the Bible is saying people lived with dinosaurs? Is there any evidence that people lived with dinosaurs? The answer to both of these questions is, "yes". But let's start at the beginning to understand what the Bible is saying.
How Long Is A Day?
There is a theory that says each of God's days in Genesis were actually millions of years for us. Is this true? Maybe we need to ask what does the word "day" mean in Genesis?
sun riseThe Hebrew word "yom" is translated as day in Genesis. Just as our word "day" can have different meanings based on its context, so can the word "yom". For example, in the Old Testament "yom" is translated to mean a 24 hour day 1109 times. It means a long, long period of time--such as an age--about nine times.
However, every time the word "yom" is used with the term evening or morning in the Bible, it means a regular 24 hour day.
Every time the word "yom" is used with a number, such as "40 yom" (40 days), it means a regular 24 hour day.
What we now see is that in Genesis chapter one God is going out of His way to emphasize that each day is a normal 24 hour day. For example in verse five He says:
"And there was evening and there was morning, one day."
Verse 8: "And there was evening and there was morning, a second day."
Verse 13: "There was evening and there was morning, a third day."
For each day of creation the pattern is the same: evening, morning, number, day. Just part of that pattern, for example using the words "evening" and "day" together, tell us it was a 24 hour day. But God tells us in three ways -- evening, morning, number -- that the word day means... an ordinary 24 hour day.
God is making it very clear: He created everything in six ordinary days.
"God is making it very clear: He created everything in six ordinary days."

No so....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web