Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,096)

Showing posts 441,901 - 441,920 of529,570
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Scripture that speaks of "sons of God"....son is defined as:
ben, a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc.,(like 1, 251, etc.)):--+ afflicted, age,(Ahoh-)(Ammon-)(Hachmon-)( Lev-)ite,(anoint-)ed one, appointed to,(+) arrow,(Assyr-)(Babylon-)(Egypt -)(Grec-)ian, one born, bough, branch, breed,+(young) bullock,+(young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first,+ firstborn, foal,+ very fruitful,+ postage, X in,+ kid,+ lamb,(+) man, meet,+ mighty,+ nephew, old,(+) people,+ rebel,+ robber, X servant born, X soldier, son,+ spark,+ steward,+ stranger, X surely, them of,+ tumultuous one,+ valiant(-est), whelp, worthy, young (one), youth
In that definition, I do not see "fallen angels (demons)".
What is the source for your definition that sons, in this Scripture is defined as "fallen angels (demons)".
This makes me sound as being augmentative for the sake of being so......but, I am not. I am merely trying to understand why we are both led by the Holy Spirit, to see two different messages in that one particular Scripture..
Strong #H1121 has man defines "sons" (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]

There are many theories about the Nephilim. Here are a few to consider.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Sometimes people talk by themself..how you call that?
Is that pleasure or sickness?

What deference between constant thinking or talking?
Even when you sleep still your mind working.

pleasure=addiction
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: Genesis 2:16-18, 16 "And the LORD God commanded the MAN, saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die." 18 Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." Where does God command the WOMAN saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you will surely die." ???
<quoted text>
Is there Scripture which states to Eve what Scripture said to Adam in Genesis 2?
Ox can use scripture to show your scripture being wrong. Preston will use his scripture to show you and Ox's scripture is wrong. That SDA fella has scripture too. And his sola scripture can prove you, Preston, Ox and the Catholics scripture is wrong. That Mormon Smith guy, was annoyed at all the different scripture interpretations, so he decided to create his own scripture. His scripture proves everybody wrong.
Can you use scripture to show scripture is the only thing revealed about the Ministry of Jesus Christ? Nope.
How is the Rapture preparations going?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

'many will come in my name its not me..'
in scripture you have many deference explanation..but in matrix is so long what?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ge 3:1 ¶ Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Please note: God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Are you saying that Eve was not aware that God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Actually GOD said thousands,shalt not EAT of it.

Adam threw in the NOT TOUCH..And thus when the serpent touched it and did not die..the door was open for Eve yo doubtlessly ADAM told her God said..
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
"You started today by opining that the government shouldn't even be on the hook for this."
The tax payer,not the government.
If the catholic church paid tax they may have a case,but they don't,do they? so they get off scot free,Again.
even when they are liable for compensation,who ultimately pays the bill? It's payed from contributions of the very people who they abused,they are abused and they pay for it twice.
from where does the government draw their funds?

Tax payers.

Catholics citizens pay taxes.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>When I call someone BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE you can put money on it. I stateted correctly that Satan is the tree that was spoken of in Eden and SCRIPTURE SUPPORTS THAT FACT. Proof? Read Ezekiel cahpter 31 starting at verse 3 and read through verse 10. Scripture tells us in that verse that he , that tree was so beautiful and perfect that the trees in Eden envied him in verse 9. Now trees don't have the ability to envy therefore this was a METAPHOR for the other spiritual beings that were also in Eden. Now did not God make Satan the full patern, the most beautiful of His creation. Now just what do you think Ezekiel 31 verse 3-9 is describing? Only a fool would think this is referring to a literal tree. It was m,etaphorical for Satan. There is much you have to learn and there is much I could teach you if only God would remove the veil from your eyes.
My work here is never done. Teaching the uneducated Biblically illiterate such as you is never ending. Your imagination has gotten away with you. You have taken Ezekiel 31 and applied it to Genesis and have come to your "TREE" conclusion. Check with your doctor and have him change your medication. You are hallucinating.

Ezekiel 31

English Standard Version (ESV)

PHARAOH TO BE SLAIN

1 In the eleventh year, in the third month, on the first day of the month, the word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, say to Pharaoh king of Egypt and to his multitude:

“Whom are you like in your greatness?
3 Behold, Assyria was a cedar in Lebanon,
with beautiful branches and forest shade,
and of towering height,
its top among the clouds.
4 The waters nourished it;
the deep made it grow tall,
making its rivers flow
around the place of its planting,
sending forth its streams
to all the trees of the field.
5 So it towered high
above all the trees of the field;
its boughs grew large
and its branches long
from abundant water in its shoots.
6 All the birds of the heavens
made their nests in its boughs;
under its branches all the beasts of the field
gave birth to their young,
and under its shadow
lived all great nations.
7 It was beautiful in its greatness,
in the length of its branches;
for its roots went down
to abundant waters.
8 The cedars in the garden of God could not rival it,
nor the fir trees equal its boughs;
neither were the plane trees
like its branches;
no tree in the garden of God
was its equal in beauty.
9 I made it beautiful
in the mass of its branches,
and all the trees of Eden envied it,
that were in the garden of God.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote: Aww now sweetie,I know exactly what God wants from me because unlike you,I am intimately familiar with His word and His word tells what He wants from me.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>is murray a homosexual like you are?
Is Tony17 a sodomite?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not an "it" ---and "it" as you call "it" is a---- HE---and HE DOES exist!!!!
Why do your Romanist gods need to be a he or a she?

Why are most of your saints males?

Don't Romanist women have the same opportunity at Salvation as men?

Absurdity, thy name is Roman Catholic.

Satanism, thy name is Roman Catholic.

Totalitarianism, thy name is Roman Catholic.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Scripture that speaks of "sons of God"....son is defined as:
ben, a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc.,(like 1, 251, etc.)):--+ afflicted, age,(Ahoh-)(Ammon-)(Hachmon-)( Lev-)ite,(anoint-)ed one, appointed to,(+) arrow,(Assyr-)(Babylon-)(Egypt -)(Grec-)ian, one born, bough, branch, breed,+(young) bullock,+(young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first,+ firstborn, foal,+ very fruitful,+ postage, X in,+ kid,+ lamb,(+) man, meet,+ mighty,+ nephew, old,(+) people,+ rebel,+ robber, X servant born, X soldier, son,+ spark,+ steward,+ stranger, X surely, them of,+ tumultuous one,+ valiant(-est), whelp, worthy, young (one), youth
In that definition, I do not see "fallen angels (demons)".
What is the source for your definition that sons, in this Scripture is defined as "fallen angels (demons)".
This makes me sound as being augmentative for the sake of being so......but, I am not. I am merely trying to understand why we are both led by the Holy Spirit, to see two different messages in that one particular Scripture..
http://www.biblestudytools.com/encyclopedias/...
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Where did that poster OLDJG slither off too? He was arguing that the tree in Eden was not Satan. However when I showed him the scripture in Ezekiel 31 that demonstrates that the tree is Satan and that the other entities in Eden that envied him were also called trees, he he seems to have scampered off with his tail tucked between his legs like a scalded dog.
That's what the word of God will do to a lying spirit like him.
Tony, I find this interesting, if satan was a tree, why was he referred to as a snake, I don't believe we are talking about satan here.

Assyrian (Ezek. 31:3), whose monarchy had continued from Nimrod. Sennacherib was one of the mighty princes of that monarchy; He is here compared to a stately cedar.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

To all the Canadian's on here "HAPPY CANADA DAY".
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
Where did that poster OLDJG slither off too? He was arguing that the tree in Eden was not Satan. However when I showed him the scripture in Ezekiel 31 that demonstrates that the tree is Satan and that the other entities in Eden that envied him were also called trees, he he seems to have scampered off with his tail tucked between his legs like a scalded dog.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/m...
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Cont

He surpassed all the princes in his neighbourhood; they were all shrubs to him (Ezek. 31:5): His height was exalted above all the trees of the field; they were many of them very high, but he overtopped them all, Ezek. 31:8. The cedars, even those in the garden of Eden, which we may suppose were the best of the kind, would not hide him, but his top branches outshot theirs. 2. He was a spreading cedar; his branches did not only run up in height, but run out in breadth, denoting that this mighty prince was not only exalted to great dignity and honour, and had a name above the names of the great men of the earth, but that he obtained great dominion and power; his territories were large, and he extended his conquests far and his influences much further. This cedar, like a vine, sent forth his branches to the sea, to the river,
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

cont
Tony we are talk about a Prince that exalted above the others in the same Kingdom.
Ps. 80:11. His boughs were multiplied; his branches became long (Ezek. 31:5); so that he had a shadowing shroud, Ezek. 31:3. This contributed very much to his beauty, that he grew proportionably large as well as high. He was fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches (Ezek. 31:7), very comely as well as very stately, fair by the multitude of his branches, Ezek. 31:9. His large dominions were well managed, like a spreading tree that is kept in shape and good order by the skill of the gardener, so as to be very beautiful to the eye. His government was as amiable in the eyes of wise men as it was admirable in the eyes of all men.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUE GOSPEL was given to us by Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago in both the written and the unwritten Word (the Oral traditions) and later the bible) in and through Our Lords One True (Universal-CAtholic Church) handed down by the Apostles, interpreted and revealed by the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397AD...... You bible only "fundies" continue to invent and make up your own (distorted) Protestant "relative truth" Gospel with contradicting and inconsistent (hodge-podge) of (self) bible interpretations that (have never) nor (will ever) agree on anything, EXCEPT attacking the TRUTH from over 2000 years of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....... God is not the author of your 42,000+ contradicting (bible only Protestant denominations of chaos, confusion, and contradiction!!!!
No god ever appointed such a failure as the Roman Catholic Church.

Just a simple look at history proves that much.

Thank you again. I am glad you mention "TRUE Gospel."

But you still avoid the questions.

Question: Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary the queen of Heaven?

Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary sinless?

Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form?

The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.

Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form?

Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless.

No wonder Romanism is such a failure after so many centuries.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Cont:
In short, no tree in the garden of God, in Eden, in Babylon (for that stood where paradise was planted), where there was every tree that was pleasant to the sight (Gen. 2:9), was like to this cedar in beauty; that is, in all the surrounding nations there was no prince so much admired, so much courted, and whom every body was so much in love with, as the king of Assyria. Many of them did virtuously, but he excelled them all, outshone them all. All the trees of Eden envied him, Ezek. 31:9.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
You are to be pitied. This is your brand of "Christianity"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpant_seed
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in the next couple of months. I am tied up in a heavy construction project right now(moving mountain and building roads), and the weather is "killing" us. It may be too late to trip with the bike by the time we get done now...unless the weather breaks.
I would really like to make the road trip and relax a bit...and it would be interesting to meet you. I used to drive through your area quite a bit with the semi. We sometimes got our rigs stuck in the back lot of Landry's. LOL!
Black Thunder 42:

I will see you whenever....
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at interaction as an equation, then you will see that, and how your contribution affects that equation and it's conclusion.
Black Thunder 42

Yep.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 441,901 - 441,920 of529,570
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••