Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589466 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458073 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Justa Christian is that you?
Romanism Romanism Romanism, Romanist Romanist. Pope. Mary. Romanism Romanism.
lol
Anything to avoid the questions.

No god ever appointed such a failure as the Roman Catholic Church.

Just a simple look at history proves that much.

TRUE Gospel?

Question: Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary the queen of Heaven?

Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary sinless?

Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form? The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.

Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form?

Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless.

No wonder Romanism is such a failure after so many centuries.

True Gospel? Not when you keep making stuff up to take the focus off of God and put it on yourselves and your self-created gods and saints.

So how has that worked out for what was once the most powerful institution on the planet? Is the power and prestige growing, or is Romanism today a laughing stock?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458074 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the fact that their offspring are giants..super hero's to speak .
Might give us a clue.
My understanding is that these were angels..principalities who were to guard the earth. Who became corrupted by the temptations of the flesh.
Have no idea what happened to forbids angels after their corruption..
Probably aligned with the fallen ..as God was NOT pleased.
They corrupted the DNA if the earth ..am sure Satan was,pleased
RoSesz said, quote, "They corrupted the DNA if the earth ..am sure Satan was,pleased." End quote.

Actually, many have said satan's goal was the corruption of the bloodline of David from which Jesus would be born. Satan is a tricky devil. He(satan)attempted to thwart Christianity before it began.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458075 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
news
Marge, is Tony17 a sodomite?
truth

Perth, Australia

#458076 Jul 1, 2013
you did not study nothing at all..
is that nice
noooooooooooooooooooooooo
thenis that stupid
yes and no

1000 years you been traxking as souls..now you are cortupt about what..wiyh everything..

did you need mental documents as well crim inal charge as devil paul saul

its ok

poor devil
poor all of you

o does meter
to smart people you can't explain
but stupid you cannnnnnnnnnnnnn
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458077 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE Gospel?
Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form? The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.
Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form?
Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless.
True Gospel? Not when you keep making stuff up to take the focus off of God and put it on yourselves and your self-created gods and saints.
So how has that worked out for what was once the most powerful institution on the planet? Is the power and prestige growing, or is Romanism today a laughing stock?
Laughing stock is very appropriate for the Roman Catholic church. I must say "amen, amen and amen" to your assertions. Great job. Perhaps one of these lost souls will open their Bible to find the real Jesus and not the cracker.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458078 Jul 1, 2013
I didn't trust the words in the bible. That is why I didn't believe that a god judged homosexuals who had consensual relationships as "evil."

I didn't trust the words in the bible. That is why I didn't believe that women who had abortions were "evil"-offenders of a god.

I didn't trust the words of any theologians. That is why I now don't believe in the existence of a creator.

If my lack of faith in religion or the existence of a creator makes me evil ... I prefer to be evil.

The self-perceived holiness of religious right-fighters has done nothing that equates to peace ... and from my perspective religion (as a whole) was and is the absolute worst blight to ever infect the mentality of humans.
marge

Ames, IA

#458079 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, is Tony17 a sodomite?
I don't know.

Is my interpretation of Roman's 1 wrong? Does it not say God gave them over to sodomy because of there unbelief, now that he's a believer why would those verses still apply to him? Why would he still claim he was born that way?

Prince George, Canada

#458080 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE Gospel?
If you thought for one moment that the Jew named Jesus would not give you a free pass to bliss in an afterlife ... would you still worship the image of that Jew???

I suggest that you be honest with your self, and keep in MIND that if that Jew does just HAPPEN to exist ... you can't manipulate his thoughts the way you manipulate your own thoughts.

NOT A CHANCE!

If truth exists, lies will be see-through TO truth.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458081 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the god loves you unconditionally, that means it will love you even if you don't believe it exists ... RIGHT???
Silly people.
Romans 5:6-10, 6 "For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-- 8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life."
truth

Perth, Australia

#458082 Jul 1, 2013
a just like that
you are not evil
forgive me
its ordinary words
but you are still process of evil
1000's years all souls is very well known to whom..
now you are who
its good not to be smart

i hope smart will fall=smrt=death=some letters..
did i wish something..no
i don't
in begining is words as well symbols and letters.
ohhhhhhhhhh
now
breath=lung
structure of lung=i mean cells..

cell represent what?

Prince George, Canada

#458083 Jul 1, 2013
Because of pride, people ALLOW the words in the bible to manipulate their thoughts.

"I want salvation! I want to believe I am special! I want eternal bliss! I want GOD to believe I am holy! I want to believe I was called by GOD to preach! I want ... I want ... I want........"

Lust is the name of the religious GAME.

It's a game you play with your selves.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458084 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
What a shame that people are so stupid.
It ALL begins and ends with your comments, June!!! Add beligerence, animosity and a "woefully lack of wisdom" to it and you have a "repeat" story of the Prodigal Son, in Luke 15:11 --of defiance and rebelliousness (all over again)!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#458085 Jul 1, 2013
you choose be smart=inteligence
in tel in g e ncy
now

why you smart=smrt=death
13=numbers=smrt in second about what line 4=d 9=i
id
$m=13 rt
you are nobody and nothing
is that nice
noooooo
then
zero
do you liked zero as '0'=still have meaning reverse ))))))))))
whats that mean silence water wave sound wave or what
i am not care

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#458086 Jul 1, 2013
who="Oxbow" Kay Marie....Am very disappointed that you ended our conversation with what amounts to: DDDDDDuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh I dunno!!!!!
"Eve was the first one to eat of the fruit, then she gave some to Adam, and he ate."
You quoted Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin....based on "For since by man came death"....
Are you saying that Eve was a man????!!!!!

No matter how we see it, she was bone of his bone, and flesh of his flesh. Mankind has two divisions: male and female...she was, as we all are: mankind.

I've considered the issue, but were ALL not born of sin through Adam (scripture says so), then Christ did not come to bear the sins of ALL...just Adam.

"There is none that sins not, no not one." " All have sinned and come short of the glory of God".

Would you say that you have never sinned?

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#458087 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
news
Ok thanks...didn't think this site moves that fast..Lol.

S o they shut down discussion...Oh well..It's cnn

Prince George, Canada

#458088 Jul 1, 2013
When I was under the spell of religion, I knew I had get over my self and out of my own religion in order to perceive that all forms of life value their own existence as much as I value mine.

Non-human animals also have the will to survive, but they don't go to such stupid lengths as trying to manipulate a hereafter because of their own lusts to stay alive.

Only humans are so greedy!

Non-human animals take it as it comes.

Prince George, Canada

#458089 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It ALL begins and ends with your comments, June!!! Add beligerence, animosity and a "woefully lack of wisdom" to it and you have a "repeat" story of the Prodigal Son, in Luke 15:11 --of defiance and rebelliousness (all over again)!!!!
YEAH ... Well when you can prove that a Jew finds your Catholic religion and you irresistible ... you might have a credible pulpit on which to stand.

Until then, your preaching about your own value to a god is meaningless to me.
marge

Ames, IA

#458090 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you thought for one moment that the Jew named Jesus would not give you a free pass to bliss in an afterlife ... would you still worship the image of that Jew???
I suggest that you be honest with your self, and keep in MIND that if that Jew does just HAPPEN to exist ... you can't manipulate his thoughts the way you manipulate your own thoughts.
NOT A CHANCE!
If truth exists, lies will be see-through TO truth.
12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Prince George, Canada

#458091 Jul 1, 2013
truth wrote:
you choose be smart=inteligence
How intelligent is a Catholic or a Protestant that believes a Jew finds them irresistible???

Hahahahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#458092 Jul 1, 2013
Christians have tried that tricky manipulation of stating that to be Jew is a race, not a religion.

How very funny ... when the whole discussion rests ON religion.

If Jesus approved of Christianity rather than Judaism, he was Jew by race and Christian by choice.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 1 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition 12 hr Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web