Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627950 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#458082 Jul 1, 2013
a just like that
you are not evil
forgive me
its ordinary words
but you are still process of evil
1000's years all souls is very well known to whom..
now you are who
its good not to be smart

i hope smart will fall=smrt=death=some letters..
did i wish something..no
i don't
in begining is words as well symbols and letters.
ohhhhhhhhhh
now
breath=lung
structure of lung=i mean cells..

cell represent what?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458083 Jul 1, 2013
Because of pride, people ALLOW the words in the bible to manipulate their thoughts.

"I want salvation! I want to believe I am special! I want eternal bliss! I want GOD to believe I am holy! I want to believe I was called by GOD to preach! I want ... I want ... I want........"

Lust is the name of the religious GAME.

It's a game you play with your selves.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458084 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
What a shame that people are so stupid.
It ALL begins and ends with your comments, June!!! Add beligerence, animosity and a "woefully lack of wisdom" to it and you have a "repeat" story of the Prodigal Son, in Luke 15:11 --of defiance and rebelliousness (all over again)!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#458085 Jul 1, 2013
you choose be smart=inteligence
in tel in g e ncy
now

why you smart=smrt=death
13=numbers=smrt in second about what line 4=d 9=i
id
$m=13 rt
you are nobody and nothing
is that nice
noooooo
then
zero
do you liked zero as '0'=still have meaning reverse ))))))))))
whats that mean silence water wave sound wave or what
i am not care

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458086 Jul 1, 2013
who="Oxbow" Kay Marie....Am very disappointed that you ended our conversation with what amounts to: DDDDDDuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh I dunno!!!!!
"Eve was the first one to eat of the fruit, then she gave some to Adam, and he ate."
You quoted Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin....based on "For since by man came death"....
Are you saying that Eve was a man????!!!!!

No matter how we see it, she was bone of his bone, and flesh of his flesh. Mankind has two divisions: male and female...she was, as we all are: mankind.

I've considered the issue, but were ALL not born of sin through Adam (scripture says so), then Christ did not come to bear the sins of ALL...just Adam.

"There is none that sins not, no not one." " All have sinned and come short of the glory of God".

Would you say that you have never sinned?

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458087 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
news
Ok thanks...didn't think this site moves that fast..Lol.

S o they shut down discussion...Oh well..It's cnn

Prince George, Canada

#458088 Jul 1, 2013
When I was under the spell of religion, I knew I had get over my self and out of my own religion in order to perceive that all forms of life value their own existence as much as I value mine.

Non-human animals also have the will to survive, but they don't go to such stupid lengths as trying to manipulate a hereafter because of their own lusts to stay alive.

Only humans are so greedy!

Non-human animals take it as it comes.

Prince George, Canada

#458089 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It ALL begins and ends with your comments, June!!! Add beligerence, animosity and a "woefully lack of wisdom" to it and you have a "repeat" story of the Prodigal Son, in Luke 15:11 --of defiance and rebelliousness (all over again)!!!!
YEAH ... Well when you can prove that a Jew finds your Catholic religion and you irresistible ... you might have a credible pulpit on which to stand.

Until then, your preaching about your own value to a god is meaningless to me.
marge

Ames, IA

#458090 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you thought for one moment that the Jew named Jesus would not give you a free pass to bliss in an afterlife ... would you still worship the image of that Jew???
I suggest that you be honest with your self, and keep in MIND that if that Jew does just HAPPEN to exist ... you can't manipulate his thoughts the way you manipulate your own thoughts.
NOT A CHANCE!
If truth exists, lies will be see-through TO truth.
12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Prince George, Canada

#458091 Jul 1, 2013
truth wrote:
you choose be smart=inteligence
How intelligent is a Catholic or a Protestant that believes a Jew finds them irresistible???

Hahahahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#458092 Jul 1, 2013
Christians have tried that tricky manipulation of stating that to be Jew is a race, not a religion.

How very funny ... when the whole discussion rests ON religion.

If Jesus approved of Christianity rather than Judaism, he was Jew by race and Christian by choice.

:)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458093 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you thought for one moment that the Jew named Jesus would not give you a free pass to bliss in an afterlife ... would you still worship the image of that Jew???
I suggest that you be honest with your self, and keep in MIND that if that Jew does just HAPPEN to exist ... you can't manipulate his thoughts the way you manipulate your own thoughts.
NOT A CHANCE!
If truth exists, lies will be see-through TO truth.
I agree. I don't think for a moment that God will give me anything.

I have to work for it, work to be worthy.

It's not what I say, it's the way I live my life. Dogma, like consuming a magical little wafer once a week, is not going to benefit me.

Prince George, Canada

#458094 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
I understand how much the supposed love of that Jew means to you, but I suggest you keep in mind that I left religion because of such stupidity.

That, for me, is long gone. No theological nonsense is henceforth allowed to manipulate my thoughts ... and that includes YOUR theological nonsense.
marge

Ames, IA

#458095 Jul 1, 2013
The Resurrection of the Dead

12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; you are yet in your sins.

18Then they also who are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458096 Jul 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SEPERATED IT SELF FROM GOD, AND THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.
You "fundies" just continue to "make it up" as you go along, which is no surprise to any of Catholics, especially to thousand and thousands of former Protestants, who converted to Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church......... Bible Only Protestants have become "experts" at distorting the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well as manipulating and twisting the TRUTH of TRUE authenticated, verifiable and proven Church History.
The overwhelming vast majority of Apologistic Church Historian writers and authors (both Catholic and Protestant) clearly documented where the "separation" from God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ came from........ The Protestant Reformation!!!! Plain and simple!! You speak of separation! You bible only self-interpreting "editorialists" have have a (monoploy) on contradiction (of interpretation of the entire bible) with inconsistency, and SEPARATION of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with over 42,000 hodge-podge conflicting (separate denominations OF "RELATIVE TRUTH" (whatever each person thinks) beliefs, with your own self appointed popes!! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has,is and will ALWAYS (as it has for over 2000 years) be manifested, in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, in and through HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ).

Prince George, Canada

#458097 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I don't think for a moment that God will give me anything.
I have to work for it, work to be worthy.
It's not what I say, it's the way I live my life. Dogma, like consuming a magical little wafer once a week, is not going to benefit me.
I used to believe as you now believe.

But then I thought about why a creator of perfection would have not created perfection and left it at that ... no suffering necessary.

And that huge question ... why a creator would create non-human forms of life to suffer wouldn't let my mind rest.

As it made less sense to me, I could no longer stay under the spell of theological nonsense.

I either had to believe that a wretched all-knowing creator existed, or that there was and is no creator.

I chose the latter, and that is now my opinion.

Prince George, Canada

#458098 Jul 1, 2013
I suggest that all of you keep in mind that I tested the idea of whether or not a creator exists.

I asked that the point be made to all of you by the supposed creator to kill me instantly to prove of its existence, and yet I am still alive.

If the creator wanted to make a point of its existence, it never had a better chance.

Of all the stupid things ... he supposedly sent his most beloved son to earth to suffer and be put to death in order to show humans the meaning of love.

And you bought it ... hook, line and "sinker" ... all for that one word ... SALVATION.

But you aren't the first suckers to fall for the lines of the cunning theologians.

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Prince George, Canada

#458099 Jul 1, 2013
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler

Prince George, Canada

#458100 Jul 1, 2013
I am thankful that when I studied the bible, I never believed the words IN the bible, to in turn physically or emotionally brutalize homosexuals as evil offenders of a god.

I can rest in peace knowing that the theologians never had their way with me.

I never once used my religion to harm another, and considering that I was under the spell of religion until I was seventy years of age ... for that I believe I have a right to be proud.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458101 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to believe as you now believe.
But then I thought about why a creator of perfection would have not created perfection and left it at that ... no suffering necessary.
And that huge question ... why a creator would create non-human forms of life to suffer wouldn't let my mind rest.
As it made less sense to me, I could no longer stay under the spell of theological nonsense.
I either had to believe that a wretched all-knowing creator existed, or that there was and is no creator.
I chose the latter, and that is now my opinion.
It seems you believe in a creator you have created. Interesting?

Someday when you are bored check your pulse. When you checked your pulse was it still there? Do you have to ask your heart to beat every beat of every day in order to extend your life?

Now check your chest. Does your chest go up and down as you take in oxygen? Do you ask your lungs to take in air and then extract air? Do you do this repeatedly to extend your life each minute of every day? If not, why not?

Why does your heart keep beating and your lungs keep working without you thinking about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Iamfree 9,893
News Border visit will cap Pope Francis' trip to Mexico 13 hr I Hate fossil fuels 21
News Women DO want sex as much as men and most orgas... 18 hr Ritual Habitual 13
News God's calling: Newly ordained priests ready to ... (Jul '10) Feb 11 FrFrancis 219
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Feb 8 ownerd 2
News Pope to tour violent corners of Mexico Feb 8 Raydot 2
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Feb 5 huey goins 2
More from around the web