Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603263 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#457876 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Many hear the Gospel. Some truly repent. Some just play religion.
Yes!!..Many hear the TRUE Gospel and TRULY repent! Jack Chick school of "heretical theology" just plays editorialized "relative truth" religion!!!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457877 Jun 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
He's generally not wrong it what he says, just needs some 'salt'.
marge:

Although Preston and I butt heads together here, I agree with you.

But maybe he needs some "honey" instead of salt?(smiles)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457878 Jun 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach to your wife she is the one posting garbage, calling the church and abortion among other names and saying real Orthodox believe its the true church. Maybe if you weren't such a spinless insufferable sanctimonious idiot you could see that. All the Catholics want things cleaned up. Do you know there was only 1 credible allegation last year? The church has done alot, but cases from years ago will continue to be dredged. Nobody is justifying any of it, but when your wife and you attack the church and say its way worse now then and in the past you really need to get the log out of your eyes you sanctimonious self righteous hypocrites. I Stand by my my words that the sins of men are not the teachings of the church. You are truly insufferable with your doublespeak and selective bs. Canon 28 ROTFL and Canon 29 Hermetics are the faith. I have no desire to try to discuss anything rational with you as you have demonstrated you are a liar and deceiver many times. You are whiny little baby and you are no scholar of any kind and please quit pretending you have a clue about many things. I truly feel sorry for anyone that you may have counseled. Texas, NY whereever Orthodox are you have lots of problems. I dont recall any Catholic attacking the Orthodox church, but you and your wife seem to have a need to do so. The Protestants could care less about your church, but you sure get excited for someone who doesnt care what people on an anonymous forum say. You can preston can cry together as he needs me to be a woman so he can feel better about all the times he was put in his place. I dont have the desire nor time to argue the nonsense of complete baffoons like you. Many of the things you post Orthodox scholars and theologians know are rubbish. You choose your faith on your own terms so be it. You have plenty of Orthodox you can argue your rubbish with.
You have er ALOT of hatred and anger inside of you. GET HELP!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457879 Jun 30, 2013
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

2Sa_22:47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.

Gen_49:18 I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.

SALVATION DEFINED IN HEBREW

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457880 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
marge:
Although Preston and I butt heads together here, I agree with you.
But maybe he needs some "honey" instead of salt?(smiles)
salt is a preservative, as the Holy Ghost Preserves those who know Him.

the "honey" that you spread on here might taste good for awhile but when it gets to the belly, it will be bitter.

so your search might taste like honey but in the hell that you enter, it will be very bitter
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457881 Jun 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Me too. Defense Mechanisms are absolutely necessary to survival. it is when they are used in the harm of self and others that they are dysfunctional. So I say pour the ouzo, break the glass, and dance!!!!
Hermi:

And be good!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457882 Jun 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach to your wife she is the one posting garbage, calling the church and abortion among other names and saying real Orthodox believe its the true church. Maybe if you weren't such a spinless insufferable sanctimonious idiot you could see that. All the Catholics want things cleaned up. Do you know there was only 1 credible allegation last year? The church has done alot, but cases from years ago will continue to be dredged. Nobody is justifying any of it, but when your wife and you attack the church and say its way worse now then and in the past you really need to get the log out of your eyes you sanctimonious self righteous hypocrites. I Stand by my my words that the sins of men are not the teachings of the church. You are truly insufferable with your doublespeak and selective bs. Canon 28 ROTFL and Canon 29 Hermetics are the faith. I have no desire to try to discuss anything rational with you as you have demonstrated you are a liar and deceiver many times. You are whiny little baby and you are no scholar of any kind and please quit pretending you have a clue about many things. I truly feel sorry for anyone that you may have counseled. Texas, NY whereever Orthodox are you have lots of problems. I dont recall any Catholic attacking the Orthodox church, but you and your wife seem to have a need to do so. The Protestants could care less about your church, but you sure get excited for someone who doesnt care what people on an anonymous forum say. You can preston can cry together as he needs me to be a woman so he can feel better about all the times he was put in his place. I dont have the desire nor time to argue the nonsense of complete baffoons like you. Many of the things you post Orthodox scholars and theologians know are rubbish. You choose your faith on your own terms so be it. You have plenty of Orthodox you can argue your rubbish with.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/06/28/nunzio-scarano-vati can-official-arrested_n_351477 9.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/12/us-...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/28/va...
Wanna borrow my log?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457883 Jun 30, 2013
this is the day that the Lord has given us,

let us rejoice in it.

very shortly, my granddaughter who came to the altar a few months ago will be getting Baptised.

last week as we were going to church she said that she wanted to be Baptised, and today, she enters into a deeper walk with the Lord.

and I spoke about her desire and a couple of days later, one of the ministers called me and wanted to know if he could help and I told him that I didn't think that I could get out in the river to help so one of the elders will help him. it matters not one iota to me about who baptizes her, I just want her to know what it means and why we Baptise
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457884 Jun 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>TRY HARDER, Robert f. you words like always make absolutely no sense. so dont roil yourself.
you admitted to june that you are an atheist as well as attaching yourself into other cults.
you said it NOT ME.
and of course I treat others as I treat myself, If I try and lead a Christian life, I surely expect others who profess to be a Christian not to join them selves with the devils cults.
AS YOU PROFESSED THAT YOU HAVE.
YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT I HAVE WITHSTOOD YOU FROM THE VERY BEGINNING OF THIS FORUM WHEN YOU CAME ON. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
you might be thought of as a nice guy, but to me, you are very slippery and not to be believed, however others don't have the discernment that I possess so they can be easily fooled by the devil(YOU)
Preston:

Okay! A little harder!

Your view does not allow for backsliding!

Your view does not allow God's Providence to move in a soul, or remove Himself from a soul as a means of teaching the soul!

Your view does not allow God to do what He has to because of Love, and you substitute your own view of what God's Love should or should not do!

Triple punch!!!

By the way, Jesus moved about in the crowds, and slipped away when Jews came after him. Paul escaped with the help of angels from prison.

You need physical proof, like Thomas, as an expression of faith. I don't fault you for it. I just point it out to you.

If your faith is based on physical proof, then what you have isn't faith, because faith is in the unseen, and in things hoped for...(Sorry to knock you down!)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457885 Jun 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
EDITED FOR SPACE.
==========

LETS EXAMINE DUSTSTORM'S POST AND SEE JUST HOW MUCH ACTUAL SUBSTANCE IT CONTAINS

Preach to your wife she is the one posting garbage, calling the church and abortion among other names and saying real Orthodox believe its the true church.

Maybe if you weren't such a spinless insufferable sanctimonious idiot you could see that.

PLOY #6 DEMEAN TREAT AS INFERIOR INSULT========> "spinless insufferable sanctimonious idiot"

All the Catholics want things cleaned up. Do you know there was only 1 credible allegation last year? The church has done alot, but cases from years ago will continue to be dredged.

Nobody is justifying any of it, but when your wife and you attack the church and say its way worse now then and in the past you really need to get the log out of your eyes you sanctimonious self righteous hypocrites.

PLOY #3 IS USING WORDS LIKE HYPOCRITE,LIAR NON ORTHODOX, HERETIC=========> "sanctimonious self righteous hypocrites"

I Stand by my my words that the sins of men are not the teachings of the church.

You are truly insufferable with your doublespeak and selective bs. Canon 28 ROTFL and Canon 29 Hermetics are the faith.---i WILL RETURN TO ANSWER THIS, SINCE I DID NOT TALE STORM'S ARGUMENT SERIOUS THE FIRST TIME

I have no desire to try to discuss anything rational with you as you have demonstrated you are a liar and deceiver many times

PLOY #3 IS USING WORDS LIKE HYPOCRITE,LIAR NON ORTHODOX, HERETIC=========> ""a liar and deceiver many times".

You are whiny little baby and you are no scholar of any kind and please quit pretending you have a clue about many things. I truly feel sorry for anyone that you may have counseled. Texas, NY whereever Orthodox are you have lots of problems.
PLOY #6 DEMEAN TREAT AS INFERIOR INSULT========> "You are whiny little baby"

I dont recall any Catholic attacking the Orthodox church, but you and your wife seem to have a need to do so

PLOY #4 REMAKING HISTORY.DIFFICULT, TIME CONSUMING OR IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEND.TIME CONSUMING TRY TO TRACE BACK POSTS, WHO SAID WHAT TO WHOM, WHAT REALLY WAS SAID ,WHAT REALLY WAS MEANT,WHO WAS SPEAKING TO WHOM ETC----------> "I dont recall any Catholic attacking the Orthodox church, but you and your wife seem to have a need to do so."

The Protestants could care less about your church, but you sure get excited for someone who doesnt care what people on an anonymous forum say. You can preston can cry together as he needs me to be a woman so he can feel better about all the times he was put in his place
PLOY #6 DEMEAN TREAT AS INFERIOR INSULT========> "so he can feel better about all the times he was put in his place".

I dont have the desire nor time to argue the nonsense of complete baffoons like you.

PLOY #6 DEMEAN TREAT AS INFERIOR INSULT========> "baffoons" like you
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#457886 Jun 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU TEACH NOTHING ....THAT JESUS ...INSTRUCTED ...PAUL... TO ...PREACH
AS ONE THAT IS DECEIVED....YOU ATTEMPT ...TO DECEIVE SOULS
I was "deceived" for over 35 years from bible only preachers like you with Protestant "relative--(half-truth) Christianity", who quote and misquote--interpret and then misinterpret bible verses to their own demise and destruction. Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. To begin with--(1) The use of sola scriptura (editorializing) "whatever each person believes" is the basis of each of the 42,000 inconsistent and contradicting Protestant denominations (2) Each one of these Protestant denominations, have proven over and over and over again, that they "cannot exist" without condemning, judging and attacking the TRUTH of the historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH. You Confrinting-and other bible only "relative truth" (so-called) preachers have proven this to be true time and time again.
WHY!!Because bible only Protestantism has no biblical or historical proof--to back up "anything that it believes---other than "personal, individual and separated "conflicting" interpretations of bible verses. Hypocrites, heretics, false preachers and pretense ministers--have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET--Jesus Christ, HIS TRUE GOSPEL and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church----has, is and will CONTINUE to LIVE ON--just like Our Lord said it would in Matthew 16:18 "the gates of hell--shall not prevail against (His Church)!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457887 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42
Lake Charles is about 45 minute's drive from me, to my southwest....Not far at all....When are you going?
Maybe in the next couple of months. I am tied up in a heavy construction project right now(moving mountain and building roads), and the weather is "killing" us. It may be too late to trip with the bike by the time we get done now...unless the weather breaks.
I would really like to make the road trip and relax a bit...and it would be interesting to meet you. I used to drive through your area quite a bit with the semi. We sometimes got our rigs stuck in the back lot of Landry's. LOL!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457888 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
It all goes along with what you give, is what you get back(and sometimes it is multiplied).
If one answers complacently, that's what they get back. Kind of a self-soothing narcotic.
Some people like to answer with an "up in your face" attitude. And they get it back in return....
If you look at interaction as an equation, then you will see that, and how your contribution affects that equation and it's conclusion.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#457889 Jun 30, 2013
THE KINGDOM OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..
THEY TEACH THAT HEY ARE THE ONLY NATION GOING TO HEAVEN..
This is just MORE of your anti-catholic BS that you "throw out" over and over again on this forum. You, Confrinting are a deliberate lying, deceiving and heretical bible only preacher that becomes more "desperate" each day in spreading your false accusations about the Catholic Church, and the TRUE faith and Salvation of those Catholic Christians who follow, believe and trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (each day).......And you have the "audacity" to call yourself--"a true preacher and a follower of Jesus Christ...... God have mercy on your hateful, lying and deceiving soul!!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457890 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN SOUND'S REAL GOOD TO THE UNREPENTANT SINNER
BUT THERE IS TO SIDES OF THE SPECTRUM...
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God:
on them which fell, severity;
but toward thee, goodness,
if thou continue in his goodness:
otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
confronting:

It depends on how you take the word (ekkopese) "to be cut off". If it is literal or figurative(or both).

I think Paul was considering here Israel in the Wilderness, wandering for 40 years, and the generation being "cut off" from the Promised land, and relating it to faith in Christ.

(That leaves the question, " Can a professed Christian be cut off, because of backsliding, or does God's faithfulness exceed the little faith we have in Jesus Christ?".

So too, it is in our lives. And we must consider that God is going to cut off the dead wood out of our lives (because of lack of faith) and put it in the fire, so that new growth can occur.

Another aspect is that God may send us to know what hell is, in this life, and when we get there, we ask the question, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" And so we know aloneness. And that is what the lost are wondering, caught looking into the darkness, but no knowing the light.

Such an experience motivates one to help others see the light.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#457891 Jun 30, 2013
ROME Italian police arrested a senior Vatican bank official and two other men Friday on suspicion of financial fraud connected with the Vatican's Institute of Religious Works.

The arrest of Nunzio Scarano, identified in the Italian media as a bishop from Salerno, near Naples, comes two days after Pope Francis ordered a wide-ranging probe into the internal activities of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See the Vatican's bank after a series of scandals.

HOLY SEE: Pope names commission of inquiry into Vatican bank

Scarano, who was arrested along with former intelligence officer Giovanni Maria Zito and financial broker Giovanni Carinzo, has reportedly been under investigation for weeks after his name was connected to a series of suspicious transactions at the Vatican bank.

Scarano is accused of paying Zito $520,000 to illegally transport $26 million in cash from Switzerland to Italy. That incident allegedly involved the use of an Italian government plane.
jethro: wonder how much the church pays the Italian government to keep Vatican secrets.

usa

#457892 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
Raping little boys is not what a true Church of Jesus covers up.
I still don't get why Catholics allow this? A real Christian would stand up to this kind of evil. A real catholic makes excuses and defends the most disgusting crimes ever.
your forgetting Catholics are pagan also, not just Christian.

usa

#457893 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And while the god and goddess are dancing ... meanwhile back on earth the decaying fruits of their divine romance are continually suffering for complete lack of such divine comforts.
How's THAT for a divine PLAN put in place by the all-powerful father and his all-powerful wife?
It reminds me of Hitler and Eva Braun.
Theology is idiocy gone wild!
would love to know what this great plan is that a mythical god has for us, since life has not really changed since the cave living days of man.

usa

#457894 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied, investigated and systematically researched ALL of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY (for over 2000 years) of the Popes, Saints, and the biographical dictionary from Early Church Fathers along with the TRUE biblical interpretation from 382, 393 and 397 from the Canon of Scriptures, by the Historian Apologistic writers!!!! THEY ALL DEBUNK and REFUTE the BS that you and your bible only "buffoons" continue to "throw out" on this forum. NONE OF YOU, have absolutely "no idea" as to what you are talking about when you refer to Church History--because it is ALL PROTESTANT REFORMATION "invented, made-up, and editorialized" church history that has been "re-written and distorted" in order to fit this "bible only mythology" religious beliefs of "relative truth", that has "no basis" WHAT-SO-EVER of any biblical or historical facts or truth to back it up! The only ABSOLUTE HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH that is authoritative, proven and factual, is in Matthew 16:13-21 (in the spoken and stated words) of Jesus Christ HIMSELF regarding the One (and only one) TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church that HE initiated and established---again (PROVEN and VERIFIABLE) for over 2000 years.......... Your "fictitious Protestant bible only church history books have more "holes in it" than the Titanic--which (went down like a rock)!!!
again another repeat post, you say you read all this stuff, but you never post this so called research you read about, how come??(TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church that HE initiated and established---again (PROVEN and VERIFIABLE) for over 2000 years) 2000 yr. myth. tell me Jesus died when? and the church in Rome was created how long after? and why? lets see some of that research you've done.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457895 Jun 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> God is our refuge and strength.
He certainly isn't your yours since you have denied Him in your search for the Truth.
the fool says in his heart, there is no God.
and you have always played the fool on this forum, by your ignorant words that have meant nothing when analyzed carefully
Preston

1 Cor 4:10

"We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ, we are weak, but ye are strong, ye are honorable, but we are despised."

If the memory of guilt is not exceeded by hope in Christ, then hope is dead. And what you say is true. Yet I still am a fool for Christ.

Do you offer no hope in Christ because you have no hope, except in that what you preach? In other words, consider that you should realize that it is hope that saves....You preach sola fidelis(always faithful), not sola fide, because you do not know that hope saves.

Psalm 42:11 "Why am I so discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again-My Savior and God!"

Stop preaching about being saved because of being always faith, and instead preach on faith and hope!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Do you know 9,678
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr_SKY 84,400
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 27 Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web