Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658533 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Union, NJ

#458057 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
No god ever appointed such a failure as the Roman Catholic Church.
Just a simple look at history proves that much.
Thank you again. I am glad you mention "TRUE Gospel."
But you still avoid the questions.
Question: Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary the queen of Heaven?
Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary sinless?
Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form?
The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.
Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form?
Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless.
No wonder Romanism is such a failure after so many centuries.
Justa Christian is that you?
Romanism Romanism Romanism, Romanist Romanist. Pope. Mary. Romanism Romanism.
lol
RogerThat

AOL

#458058 Jul 1, 2013

ANTICHRIST, Final Prophecies -- In Plain View

http://youtu.be/msY91du0rB4

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#458059 Jul 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
from where does the government draw their funds?
Tax payers.
Catholics citizens pay taxes.
The money that goes to the hierarchy from the Catholic citizens is quite another story.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following

The power of the patronage of the President of the United States can give but a faint idea of the power of patronage thus wielded by the pope. Take one single example from the history of England, our motherland. In the thirteenth century, Gregory IX., the great systematizer of the canon law, filled all the vast benefices in England with his Italian priests. It was alleged, as Hallam states, in a remonstrance in the name of the whole nation, that they drew from England, in the middle of the thirteenth century, sixty or seventy thousand marks a year—a sum far exceeding the royal revenues. A similar state of things existed in France and Germany.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458060 Jul 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Where did that poster OLDJG slither off too? He was arguing that the tree in Eden was not Satan. However when I showed him the scripture in Ezekiel 31 that demonstrates that the tree is Satan and that the other entities in Eden that envied him were also called trees, he he seems to have scampered off with his tail tucked between his legs like a scalded dog.
That's what the word of God will do to a lying spirit like him.
According to several on this forum you are a "sodomite". Is this correct?

Sodomites are not "gays". They are anything but "gay". Gay is a term used to refer to feelings of being "carefree" and "happy".

Sodomites on the other hand are sexually deviated perverts who place their male organ in the ass of another male sexually deviated pervert.

Romans 1:26-27, 26 "That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved."

Quesnel, Canada

#458061 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not an "it" ---and "it" as you call "it" is a---- HE---and HE DOES exist!!!!
You DEMAND that a male god is present to love you, and so you demand that your demands must be met by the male god.

"You DO exist, and you WILL love me "GOD" ... because men wrote those words in a book and "I" demand that they are true!!!"

How funny!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458062 Jul 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Scripture that speaks of "sons of God"....son is defined as:
ben, a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc.,(like 1, 251, etc.)):--+ afflicted, age,(Ahoh-)(Ammon-)(Hachmon-)( Lev-)ite,(anoint-)ed one, appointed to,(+) arrow,(Assyr-)(Babylon-)(Egypt -)(Grec-)ian, one born, bough, branch, breed,+(young) bullock,+(young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first,+ firstborn, foal,+ very fruitful,+ postage, X in,+ kid,+ lamb,(+) man, meet,+ mighty,+ nephew, old,(+) people,+ rebel,+ robber, X servant born, X soldier, son,+ spark,+ steward,+ stranger, X surely, them of,+ tumultuous one,+ valiant(-est), whelp, worthy, young (one), youth
In that definition, I do not see "fallen angels (demons)".
What is the source for your definition that sons, in this Scripture is defined as "fallen angels (demons)".
This makes me sound as being augmentative for the sake of being so......but, I am not. I am merely trying to understand why we are both led by the Holy Spirit, to see two different messages in that one particular Scripture..
Well the fact that their offspring are giants..super hero's to speak .

Might give us a clue.

My understanding is that these were angels..principalities who were to guard the earth. Who became corrupted by the temptations of the flesh.

Have no idea what happened to forbids angels after their corruption..
Probably aligned with the fallen ..as God was NOT pleased.

They corrupted the DNA if the earth ..am sure Satan was,pleased

Quesnel, Canada

#458063 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Lords One True (Universal-CAtholic Church)
"We are the Catholics, and "WE" own all the affections of that Jew named Jesus!!! We were told it is true and so it IS true ... damn it!!!"

Hahahahahahaha

Quesnel, Canada

#458064 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do your Romanist gods need to be a he or a she?
Because Catholic theologians DEMANDED it of the god, and with pens in hand, they always "got their way." Apparently it pays to be demanding of the god, and the god will play any game the followers create.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Devious Derivations”… Popular Misconceptions and More than 1000 true origins of Common Word and Phrases … by Hugh Rawson.

god.

It should be of passing interest to women readers especially to know that god originally was of neuter gender, as in the Middle High German abgott, idol. The word became masculine following the conversion of the German tribes to Christianity.

Quesnel, Canada

#458066 Jul 1, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Aww now Pookie. All I'm here to do is tell the people...THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS. And if that makes me a fool then I'd rather be a fool for God than a wise person for Satan because that's a losing team.
Are you so naïve to believe that you are the only one who ever thought you were anointed to preach???

Look around you!!! The forum and the world is overflowing with religious preachers ... ALL certain that they were anointed by a god or gods or goddesses to preach truth.

You people are dumb as bags of hammers, and THAT is the truth!

Not even one of you will admit to not knowing answers. NOT even ONE.

THAT is PRIDE gone rampant!

Quesnel, Canada

#458067 Jul 1, 2013
History is fraught with people killing each other over religion. The Catholic and Protestant theologians were nothing but Mafia dons, and the people joined up with their favorite dons and killed and killed and killed.

And these are the "organizations" that the followers of today defend as holy institutions.

What a shame that people are so stupid.

Quesnel, Canada

#458068 Jul 1, 2013
If (for instance) the Red Cross was caught putting people to death in the name of helping them ... the organization would be defunct post haste.

But religious organizations ... because they promise salvation to their gullible followers can get away with murder and THRIVE.

Look at your selves ... full of lust ... you will take anything they shovel at you in exchange for that one word ... "SALVATION."

For SHAME!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458069 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN the news or a thread on Topix regarding CNN story ..just curious
news

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458070 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
So they were angels ..I has read possibly those sent to guard the Earth..who gave in to lust and took the human women..

Maybe t hey became demons after this awful s in??

Quesnel, Canada

#458071 Jul 1, 2013
The idea that a Catholic or a Protestant would worship a Jew for any other reason than salvation is an absolute JOKE.

You know it and I know it, and if Jesus really did exist HE would know it.

You don't fool anyone so much as you fool your selves.

Your selves are the biggest fools of ALL!

Quesnel, Canada

#458072 Jul 1, 2013
When I studied the bible, I knew that if I placed trust in the words, because I would believe my self "saved" and therefore superior, I wouldn't have a hope of being able to treat others as I wanted to be treated.

To me it was common sense, and it still IS common sense.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458073 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Justa Christian is that you?
Romanism Romanism Romanism, Romanist Romanist. Pope. Mary. Romanism Romanism.
lol
Anything to avoid the questions.

TRUE Gospel?

Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form? The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.

Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form?

Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless.

True Gospel? Not when you keep making stuff up to take the focus off of God and put it on yourselves and your self-created gods and saints.

So how has that worked out for what was once the most powerful institution on the planet? Is the power and prestige growing, or is Romanism today a laughing stock?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458074 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the fact that their offspring are giants..super hero's to speak .
Might give us a clue.
My understanding is that these were angels..principalities who were to guard the earth. Who became corrupted by the temptations of the flesh.
Have no idea what happened to forbids angels after their corruption..
Probably aligned with the fallen ..as God was NOT pleased.
They corrupted the DNA if the earth ..am sure Satan was,pleased
RoSesz said, quote, "They corrupted the DNA if the earth ..am sure Satan was,pleased." End quote.

Actually, many have said satan's goal was the corruption of the bloodline of David from which Jesus would be born. Satan is a tricky devil. He(satan)attempted to thwart Christianity before it began.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458075 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
news
Marge, is Tony17 a sodomite?
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458076 Jul 1, 2013
you did not study nothing at all..
is that nice
noooooooooooooooooooooooo
thenis that stupid
yes and no

1000 years you been traxking as souls..now you are cortupt about what..wiyh everything..

did you need mental documents as well crim inal charge as devil paul saul

its ok

poor devil
poor all of you

o does meter
to smart people you can't explain
but stupid you cannnnnnnnnnnnnn
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458077 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything to avoid the questions.
TRUE Gospel?
Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form? The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.
True Gospel? Not when you keep making stuff up to take the focus off of God and put it on yourselves and your self-created gods and saints.
So how has that worked out for what was once the most powerful institution on the planet? Is the power and prestige growing, or is Romanism today a laughing stock?
Laughing stock is very appropriate for the Roman Catholic church. I must say "amen, amen and amen" to your assertions. Great job. Perhaps one of these lost souls will open their Bible to find the real Jesus and not the cracker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sun Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sun Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web