Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603293 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#457814 Jun 30, 2013
now
Where is Jesus Christ and who is Jesus Christ?
Whats meaning is 12 imams+muhamed from alibaba 1001 nightmoonhood.

Whats meaning 12 Apostols plus one as Jesus=13?

Whats meaning 24 Elders plus one lamb=25?
Who is know much more story rest for entire world?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457815 Jun 30, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#457816 Jun 30, 2013
paralel finacial center are on other place where you did not think its exist..no vatican..no.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#457817 Jun 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>You were always a charming hostess.
Yes in deed. God and the Devil both agree with you on that issue.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#457818 Jun 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
George Forman is going to officiate.
<snort>

Jumper's pre-warm-up party is sure to be a "blast."

Finally he'll have a place where he "fits in."

P.S. No offense Jumper. We just want you to feel welcome in god's kingdom of hell that we all KNOW could not exist without his approval.

Prince George, Canada

#457819 Jun 30, 2013
I "imagine" that when the devil fell from god's grace that it was god's idea to put the devil to good use and to be a helper rather than an irritant to god.

These things all seem to "work out" in the "end" ... thanks to the theologians who wrote only the truth as they received it from separate manure piles on HIGH.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#457820 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief! The sooner you people learn who the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was the sooner you will learn that it was not a fruit tree. Biblically illiterate Christians have no problem admitting that Christ was the TREE OF LIFE but they have a real issue with admitting that Satan was the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Tree is merely a metaphor for Satan just as the word STARS is used to refer to the angelic host sometimes. And I guarantee you that Satan aka the tree of the knowledge of good and evil wasn't producing any apples,lol. Eve thought Satan was a hunk so to speak when scripture states that she saw that the "TREE" was pleasant to the eyes. That's all that scripture means. After all, God made him the most beautiful of all His creation so I guess he was a hunk or pleasant to the eyes. You people really need to mature in Gods word.
There is nothing metaphoric in the Garden. Your belief satan was THE LITERAL tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the Garden has no Biblical basis. Genesis 3:14, "The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life."

Is God telling a TREE is is cursed above all beasts of the field and your it's belly it shall go? Really?

Actually, the Garden of Eden was God's paradise. The Garden is not a metaphor for something else. A greater question might be why God allow satan the right to enter this place of perfection? How did satan gain access to Adam and Eve?

Obviously God had to allow satan access to the Garden. A similar situation can be found in Job where satan had to ask God's permission to test Job. The Lord allowed satan to tempt him, but only within certain limits.

Job 1:12, "And the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand." So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD."

God allowed satan into the Garden for the purpose of tempting Adam and Eve. Does this mean God wished Adam and Eve would sin, or God forced them to sin, or kept them unprotected from sin? NO. They were tempted by a crafty and intelligent being but they did not have to sin. God told them the consequences ahead of time and they made the choice to disobey Him. Ultimately, as with all sin, it is our own decision. Scripture teaches that with every temptation God always provides a means to escape. The Bible says:

I Corinthians 10:13, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

Satan entered the serpent, a real creature, for the purpose of deceiving Eve. The tempter used his craftiness to cause them to sin. God permitted Adam and Eve to be tested, but He certainly did not encourage them to sin or force them to sin. They could have resisted the temptation if they wanted to.

Blame cannot be placed on God for their sin. It was their own choice to be disobedient. As it is with all of us.
truth

Perth, Australia

#457821 Jun 30, 2013
god will lose title of goodness grace and mercy..
yep

because of what
How many masters you have?
How many lords?
How many gods?
because..
Real Creator exist.

Prince George, Canada

#457822 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Catholics call Mary the mother of God. I take issue with that statement. Notice how Christ always called God Father but He never referred to Mary as mother. He always called Mary woman. Makes you go hmmm.
I suggest we put some romance into this religious mental "playground."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

WHO IS THE GODDESS - THE DIVINE MOTHER?

This website is devoted to the discovery of God in the feminine form - the Goddess; the Divine Mother.

She is the divine creatrix who has manifested these dancing forms of consciousness as an adoration for Her beloved, the eternal formless Supreme Being - God the Father. In truth these two timeless lovers are not two. Rather, they are inseparably bound to play out their cosmic dance of love for all eternity.

http://www.goddess.ws/

Prince George, Canada

#457823 Jun 30, 2013
And while the god and goddess are dancing ... meanwhile back on earth the decaying fruits of their divine romance are continually suffering for complete lack of such divine comforts.

How's THAT for a divine PLAN put in place by the all-powerful father and his all-powerful wife?

It reminds me of Hitler and Eva Braun.

Theology is idiocy gone wild!
truth

Perth, Australia

#457824 Jun 30, 2013
Many goddess exist trough history..in matrix is so long what?

Prince George, Canada

#457825 Jun 30, 2013
If a creator exists, all forms of life should be dancing an eternal joyous dance for eternity ... with no conditions whatsoever put on the joy.

Anything less means the creator deserves to be shot in its invisible all-knowing HEAD!

Religion is BUNK!

Prince George, Canada

#457827 Jun 30, 2013
A man who was raised as a staunch Christian by parents who were both Christian ministers stated that he refused to believe in a god that would send his own son to earth to be murdered and in turn refer to that act as LOVE!

He found his own guideline, and refused the offer of salvation in the process.

Good for him.

He died with his belief intact. His pride would not allow him to sell out his own mental abilities, for the cheap promise from theologians of "salvation."

Prince George, Canada

#457828 Jun 30, 2013
Pearl Buck was another who was raised by devout Christian parents, and who were missionaries in China.

Pearl was absolutely against the proselytizing of religion as being based on truth.

Good for her.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book … Pearl S. Buck—My Several Worlds … published 1954.

I was old enough now to read history for myself and I perceived that Chinese history and English ones gave entirely different versions not only of the same events, but of each other, and that each despised the other as a lesser breed, although neither knew what the other was. I became mentally bifocal and so I learned early to understand that there is no such condition in human affairs as absolute truth. There is only truth as people see it, and truth, even in fact may be kaleidoscopic in its variety. I could never belong entirely to one side of any question.

Prince George, Canada

#457829 Jun 30, 2013
From the book … Pearl S. Buck—My Several Worlds … published 1954.

I had not the spiritual attitude which could make it possible for me to proclaim my religion superior to all others.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#457830 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And while the god and goddess are dancing ... meanwhile back on earth the decaying fruits of their divine romance are continually suffering for complete lack of such divine comforts.
How's THAT for a divine PLAN put in place by the all-powerful father and his all-powerful wife?
It reminds me of Hitler and Eva Braun.
Theology is idiocy gone wild!
A garbled brain atheist being reminded of two catholics by dancing gods.

Bless you dear.

Prince George, Canada

#457831 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
A garbled brain atheist being reminded of two catholics by dancing gods.
Never mind. The goddess loves everybody, including me. It's just the god that is promiscuous as hell. First he loves only the Jews. Then he abandons them for the Catholics. Then he gives the Muslims their full share of attention ... and later on, the Protestants get all his love.

That one god is quite the chameleon. He just does whatever he's told.

Has he told YOU lately that he LOVES you???

He tried it with me, but I told his promiscuous invisible self to fly off!

Prince George, Canada

#457832 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless you dear.
My guess is, that was the same type of blessing the religious servants of "god" gave to those they burned at the stake.

Prince George, Canada

#457833 Jun 30, 2013
From the book Margaret Lawrence—Dance on the Earth.

I know, however, that there are many people of various faiths who find abhorrent the very idea of a female principle being part of what we call God.

Prince George, Canada

#457834 Jun 30, 2013
From the book Gordon’ Sinclair—McClelland and Stewart Ltd.—“Will Gordon Sinclair Please Sit Down.”

Oddly enough, too much belief in religion has brought the same punishment as non-belief. Jeanne d’arc was burned at the stake because she was too religious. She saw vision. She was a fifteen-year- old girl, not a prince of the church licensed to deal with God. She insisted, however, that she had seen the visions. So the duly licensed representatives of God upon earth put her to death. Later of course, they declared her a saint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 min Jaimie 84,409
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web