Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
441,641 - 441,660 of 533,661 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

KMarie.......where art thou???????

confrinting with the word wrote: who="Oxbow" KMarie....Is there something about my question you don't understand??? KM... Since you cannot support, per Scripture, your erroneous belief on original, try this one... In the Garden of Eden....there were Adam and Eve...which of these two was the first one to commit sin by disobeying God.. Ge 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die ******** Eve was the first one to eat of the fruit, then she gave some to Adam, and he ate. 1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.(Adam was not deceived...he KNEW that he was not to eat the fruit. Apparently Eve, being deceived, was not aware of the command, but "was in the transgression" because she shared in the act.) Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, EVEN OVER THEM THAT HAD NOT SINNED after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. All of us are born with the carnal (flesh-like) or 'sin' nature. No one of us is born a saint in the flesh. The smallest child will tell a lie (some never quit). All of us are guilty of anger, pouting, quarrelsomeness, vengefulness, etc. KayMarie "Eve was the first one to eat of the fruit, then she gave some to Adam, and he ate." You quoted Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin....based on "For since by man came death"....

Are you saying that Eve was a man????!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Hey Ant......remember these words???
Anthony MN wrote: "My flesh is real food, My blood is real drink"..."You must eat My flesh and drink My blood to have eternal life"
I believe Jesus. Apparently you don't. Just find me the verse where Jesus says it's symbolic. Thanks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Aunt......

Remember these words:

Thanks. Christ's words in John 6 and the last supper naratives make clear He wasn't speaking symbolically.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
KMarie.......where art thou???????
confrinting with the word wrote: who="Oxbow" KMarie....Is there something about my question you don't understand??? KM... Since you cannot support, per Scripture, your erroneous belief on original, try this one... In the Garden of Eden....there were Adam and Eve...which of these two was the first one to commit sin by disobeying God.. Ge 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die ******** Eve was the first one to eat of the fruit, then she gave some to Adam, and he ate. 1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.(Adam was not deceived...he KNEW that he was not to eat the fruit. Apparently Eve, being deceived, was not aware of the command, but "was in the transgression" because she shared in the act.) Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, EVEN OVER THEM THAT HAD NOT SINNED after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. All of us are born with the carnal (flesh-like) or 'sin' nature. No one of us is born a saint in the flesh. The smallest child will tell a lie (some never quit). All of us are guilty of anger, pouting, quarrelsomeness, vengefulness, etc. KayMarie "Eve was the first one to eat of the fruit, then she gave some to Adam, and he ate." You quoted Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin....based on "For since by man came death"....
Are you saying that Eve was a man????!!!!!
Good grief! The sooner you people learn who the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was the sooner you will learn that it was not a fruit tree. Biblically illiterate Christians have no problem admitting that Christ was the TREE OF LIFE but they have a real issue with admitting that Satan was the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Tree is merely a metaphor for Satan just as the word STARS is used to refer to the angelic host sometimes. And I guarantee you that Satan aka the tree of the knowledge of good and evil wasn't producing any apples,lol. Eve thought Satan was a hunk so to speak when scripture states that she saw that the "TREE" was pleasant to the eyes. That's all that scripture means. After all, God made him the most beautiful of all His creation so I guess he was a hunk or pleasant to the eyes. You people really need to mature in Gods word.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowards and lazy people have a way to express themselves on topix through simple "badges".
Wear them proudly. It is proof your post has made an impression.
I am reminded of the decorated general with his full adornment of accolades displayed on his uniform.
Lol
You betcha..

But it us childish..

I can see it maybe if someone is using actual gate speech or curse words .

But expressing a belief or opinion..if just being someone they don't like??

It's silly but hey to each his own..lurking can be an art form???
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

I,m not prejudice when it comes to religion,I treat them all with equal contempt.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Okay Christians,in the beginning back in Genesis, which entity,which of Gods creation had the knowledge of both good and evil? Come on you guys. Youc can do it. It's not that difficult to figure out. Come on folks. Think a wee bit harder. You can do it. The operative word is THINK. It wasn't a literal tree because trees have no knowledge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

During my 40 years as a Catholic, when taking communion, myself and all of the congregation so partaking, only got the host(so said the body of Christ)....why was that????

I though Christ spoke of His body and His blood...did He not say "This is my body" and when taking the cup, did He not say "This is my blood"....

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, I didn't practice that certain caution. Now I know better. There's only one reason for any non-Catholic to be on this thread...and it has nothing to do with sharing. They have an agenda, a goal that they will accomplish no matter how they have to do it. They have no boundaries and will say anything. God help the person who objects.
Over the years I've seen Catholics literally run off this thread by these vicious animals. They lied about them, took their words out of context, hounded them mercilessly. They want free reign and when they don't get it they make the worst sinner look like a saint in comparison. You can't tell me about this bunch, I've seen too much here. Maybe it is tamer, but only just. I fear there are a lot of Napoleon complexes at work here, lol. You can always tell.
The thread says the CC is the One True Church..

Who d I'd you all think woukd debate here?

Why run people off a forum..That is silly logic..

If you want to g ave no debate. Write to yourself in email...

And by that I DO NOT mean just you but every one on Topix..

It's a forum for Debate ..many e a big if socializing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Hey dere Aunt!!!!

Anthony MN wrote: You received the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ in the Eucharist nonetheless.
--
Horse hairs..... He said this is my body while holding the bread and while holding the cup He said this is my blood...two separate and distinctly different things....

So, when I and others received the host, I well remember the words "Body of Christ"...he did not say "Body and blood of Christ"...

So, I ask again...why only the "body" and not the "blood" to the congregation...if, they were following the commands of Christ????

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So after you joined the SBC the preacher told you you were no longer an expert liar, multiple adulterer and abuser....he must be quite the salesman.
I m confused as not sure the poster is,Baptist..as,I t thinking was,him asked if the BBC preaches BAPTISM saves ..But it mat have been someone else.
It does no

Anyway it woukd nit be the BBC or its pastor. Saying the p err rain sins are forgiven. It woukd be Our Lord. The pastor can tell of God's,healing TH r tough the previous blood..can speak to repentance .

But only JESUS FORGIVES US AND SAVES US.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
I once stated here that the Supreme court justices have no wisdom and some of you were offended with me because I stated that. I say again that the Supreme court justices of America has NO wisdom. Sure they have degrees but they are void of wisdom.
All this hullaballoo that have been in the news lately concerning gay marriage where the supreme court supported certain gay marriage rights in their rulings is an offense and slap in Gods eyes. I'm a gay man that does not support gay marriage because I know what scripture says about homosexuality. America, you cannot continue to masquerade your sins with pride in the eyes of God without eventually having to suffer the judgement of God. God is patient and long suffering but eventually He will tire of of the immoral sins that America is parading in His eyes. And don't get me started on the so called abortion rights which is nothing but legalized baby murdering.
Your openness, sincerity, and your Christian beliefs are so noted...

We have all been given a cross to bear...your words bring life to God's Word: And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief! The sooner you people learn who the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was the sooner you will learn that it was not a fruit tree. Biblically illiterate Christians have no problem admitting that Christ was the TREE OF LIFE but they have a real issue with admitting that Satan was the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Tree is merely a metaphor for Satan just as the word STARS is used to refer to the angelic host sometimes. And I guarantee you that Satan aka the tree of the knowledge of good and evil wasn't producing any apples,lol. Eve thought Satan was a hunk so to speak when scripture states that she saw that the "TREE" was pleasant to the eyes. That's all that scripture means. After all, God made him the most beautiful of all His creation so I guess he was a hunk or pleasant to the eyes. You people really need to mature in Gods word.
Change suppliers....you are getting weed...not grass!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Change suppliers....you are getting weed...not grass!!!!
Maybe I should switch to your supplier huh,lol? Nah. Then I'd be as messed up as you are,LOL.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Jesus Christ give answer about woman;''man why you think you are better.''

Get behind me Satan =Jesus Christ words is perfect.

Did Jesus Christ know about splitting what Satan want?
Yes

Woe to Scribe Pharisee Vipers Wolfs this and that.

woman= wo ;man
woe to man
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

read=rosary
transfiguration=into what?!

Why you against rosary?

did man change into woman
woman into man..your intelligence will tell you..

rosary

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It only goes ta show the dishonesty of the hierarchy of the cathaholic church.
It's just that now it's not so easy ta git away with as it has been for the last 2000 years.
well it helps if you have an employee who's conscience starts bothering him and he comes forward with the truth. can't wait for the next scandal,i doubt it will top the last one but it should make for good reading. just like the movie "lions at the gate".

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So Forbes and the WSJ really DON'T say they're the biggest richest conglomerate. Maybe you should try another subject.
Hey Mr. Research, how 'bout them Bruins?
they do talk about the wealth of the church but do not put them on the list,forbes is constantly being sued because there doing it which riles the church,so they pay a few bucks to stay off the earnings list.as far as the bruins go, great season, fought hard through injuries,made it to the cup finals which is better than all the other clubs did except one, loved it, they had a great year gave it there all but came up short, but the fan support will be there next year.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You typing a bunch of crap with no citations is no different than a chimpanzee rolling around in finger paint and calling it art.
look it up your self it's all over the internet, why would I lie when everything can be easily verified, your just to lazy to look.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 2 hr Kop 2
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 3 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 11 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 13 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••