Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695369 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#457962 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Since there seems to be some of you such as the poster named OLDJG that isn't aware that Satan has many names, SERPENT to be only one of them,I have taken the liberty to link to a list of the many names and titles of Satan so that the unlearned such as the poster named OLDJG can see that Satan has many names.
http://askville.amazon.com/Names-Satan-found-...
You didn't take that lude, now, did ya?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#457963 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that by all the preachers ... "god" elected everybody ... at least on earth.
If heaven exists, I pray that I won't have to go there ... and the fact that you've driven an Atheist to pray ought to make you proud!
:)
You know what June. Atheists even have their own holiday. It's called APRIL FOOLS DAY. Why? Because we are told in scripture that the fool has said in his heart there is no God. So you atheists have been given your own holiday,LOL.

Columbus, OH

#457964 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yaaawwwnnn!
OK.

Maybe you did.

Columbus, OH

#457965 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You know what June. Atheists even have their own holiday. It's called APRIL FOOLS DAY. Why? Because we are told in scripture that the fool has said in his heart there is no God. So you atheists have been given your own holiday,LOL.
Or not.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457966 Jun 30, 2013
From the book “God’s Bullies,” by Perry Deanne Young comes the following

In the name of Jesus and God, they had perpetrated all kinds of little cruelties on others and had meanwhile fooled themselves into thinking they could do no wrong because they were always carrying out God’s will.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457967 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You know what June. Atheists even have their own holiday. It's called APRIL FOOLS DAY. Why? Because we are told in scripture that the fool has said in his heart there is no God. So you atheists have been given your own holiday,LOL.
But you right-fighting preachers that deem yourselves servants of gods are fools "every" day.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457968 Jun 30, 2013
Thankfully it fell out of favor to preach that these people are evil offenders of a god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Discover Magazine—January 2000

A Question of Gender

One of every 2000 babies is born a hermaphrodite or what is now called intersexual.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457970 Jun 30, 2013
Consultation Room—Frederic Loomis M.D. 1939

For the first time I realized what it must mean to be a Jew in an anti-Semitic country. He told us of the underground tunnels and caves into which whole families retreated during the Christian holidays, where they literally cowered in terror while they heard the processions glorifying Christ. In vivid words he made us see the priest of the Holy church, as he had seen him in living fact, with the cross in one hand and a sword in the other.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457971 Jun 30, 2013
Consultation Room—Frederic Loomis M.D. 1939

No longer are we swayed by the sentiments of the committee of bishops who waited upon Queen Victoria to protest her use of chloroform because it is written in the book of Genesis that “In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children.”

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#457972 Jun 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Maybe you did.
LOL,LOL. Now why you picking on l'il ol me?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457973 Jun 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're shouting, son.
Now go learn how to spell your on-screen name.
K?
~~~
I don't remember addressing you with my post...

If my avatar worries you ...that is not my problem...

You call me son...How old are you...I am only 79 are you speaking of my

second child hood, or my first?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#457974 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But you right-fighting preachers that deem yourselves servants of gods are fools "every" day.
Aww now Pookie. All I'm here to do is tell the people...THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS. And if that makes me a fool then I'd rather be a fool for God than a wise person for Satan because that's a losing team.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#457975 Jun 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
110<quoted text>
Which does raise a question. From where came "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Oxbow,I'm intrigued as well as surprised that you are aware of the fact that there were giants on earth in those days....Genesis chapter 6 when the "SONS OF GOD" ( aka ) came in to the "DAUGHTERS OF MEN" and chose wives of all they wanted. Are you aware that these "SONS OF GOD" were the fallen angels? It's gonna happen again and very soon too which is yet another fact that most Christians are painfully unware of.

#457976 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Aww now Pookie. All I'm here to do is tell the people...THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS. And if that makes me a fool then I'd rather be a fool for God than a wise person for Satan because that's a losing team.
~~~~

Thus sayeth the Lord...

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457977 Jun 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
BAPTISM IS A "PICTURE" OF THE GOSPEL THAT PICTURES
THE DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST.
I Corinthians 15:1-4, 1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
Being immersed in water pictures the death of Jesus Christ dying for our sins. Being raised from the water is portrayal of Jesus' resurrection in which He conquered sin, death and the grave. Thus, being baptized by immersion the believer visually shows the spiritual death, burial, and resurrection of the believer's life. Baptism emphasizes to the new believer, and to those who witness the baptism, that as a Christian and child of God the Christian now is to live a godly life, resisting sin, and not giving it place in their lives.
Romans 6:1-4, 1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."
Baptism ALWAYS follows belief in Jesus Christ as Savior and baptism is not necessary for a person to be saved and born again. It is not an act that you do to obtain salvation and no one in the New Testament was baptized who did not first believe and put their faith in Jesus Christ. After a person is saved, as the New Testament plainly shows, they then were baptized. The Bible does not refer to baptism as a sacrament which has any saving properties, or as a part of salvation.
Baptism by immersion pictures the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.(Romans 6:3-4) Putting a person under the water emphasizes the burial of Christ, being raised out of the water symbolizes Christ's resurrection and the believer's new life in Christ.
II Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
In Romans 6:4, the Bible graphically describes the burial when it says, "We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death." Baptism is a visual testimonial that our sins are forgiven by symbolizing they are buried with the Lord after he suffered and died for our sins on the Cross. As Romans 6:2, states how can we who died to sin still live in it?
Colossians adds that believers are alive unto Christ with God. Colossians 3:3 "For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."
these are the Scriptures that were read in our Baptism services.

thank you for posting them

#457978 Jun 30, 2013
“blushing for what I'm thinking”

I would blush to If I were you...

according to Jesus The purpose of the gospel is ...

Act 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet:

for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose,

to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, and

to turn them from darkness to light, and

from the power of Satan unto God,

that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and

inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith

that is in me.

Act 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Act 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Question...

what has your theory of giants to do with the ministry of salvation of souls...?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#457979 Jun 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I don't remember addressing you with my post...
If my avatar worries you ...that is not my problem...
You call me son...How old are you...I am only 79 are you speaking of my
second child hood, or my first?
You're 79? Goodness you're old,LOL. How can one live to be so old and be totally clueless to what Gods word really says? Don't answer that because I already know the answer. I have met many that were as old as you are and older and even had so called Doctorates in theology and I found that they were totally biblically illiterate when it came to ""RIGHTLY" "" DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. They were slaves to their old church traditions that made void the word of God. But I'm here to cry loud and spare not and to show Gods people their transgressions when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.

Location hidden

#457980 Jun 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're 79? Goodness you're old,LOL. How can one live to be so old and be totally clueless to what Gods word really says? Don't answer that because I already know the answer. I have met many that were as old as you are and older and even had so called Doctorates in theology and I found that they were totally biblically illiterate when it came to ""RIGHTLY" "" DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. They were slaves to their old church traditions that made void the word of God. But I'm here to cry loud and spare not and to show Gods people their transgressions when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.
some of these so called truths of yours are being regurgitated by you. they aren't anything new and have been debunked many years ago.

who ever told you that you are a teacher of the Gospel lied to you.

you have always been clueless with your many posts.LOL

Location hidden

#457981 Jun 30, 2013
pastor(?) Arnold Murray. lol..

nothing else has to be said.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#457982 Jun 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
THEY ARE NO WORSE THAN A RELIGIOUS SYSTEM THAT WILL TURN GOD'S TRUTH INTO A LIE...
FACT IS THEY SPAWNED SUCH AS YOU ARE POSTING ABOUT.
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
GOD SAYS THEY SPAWNED..BROUGHT IT UPON THE EARTH READ ABOUT IT...
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
GOD DOES NOT CATEGORIZE SIN as the Roman Catholic Church does...
SIN IS THE REJECTION OF JESUS CHRIST AS ONE;S PERSONAL SAVIOR
THESE SINS... are the result of THAT REJECTION...
I think that's true for everyone who worships and serves the creature more than the Creator. They love the cc, they love themselves and each other...

They love looking for love in all the wrong places.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 15 Eyes on Christ 10,730
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan 21 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web