Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,078)

Showing posts 441,541 - 441,560 of512,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

June :beginning (mistake gebinning).Also I meant to say in the very first sentence,True relationship does not bloat the ego.But actually when we first encounter God,we fell on top of the world at times,and know the greatest exhillaration for the human soul,to connect with the Creator.It is a malfucntion in the ego to bloat over self importance,and to seek power over others,or to dimminish the type of person due to occupation,race or affiliation to politics or religion. We all have a problem with self,the ego,and our disgust with certain people we encounter.

It is not wrong to be so excited about what God lifts you out of.Religionists often demean those who get very excited about how God loves them,they want to narrow one's vision to humility in their estimation.But God enjoys giving to us that boost of Love we become very excited over.It is something the world cannot give to you.God is not religion and religion is not God,that error in understanding is what has caused political religious wars,and regimes of slavery and so on.We cannot hold God to our creeds,nor can we expect God to hold everyone to His Creed.That is God will not force anyone to follow Him,He works through the basis of the AGAPE(Divine Love) it is a spiritual L A W with Him.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only go by what I've read and there have been some serious problems that had to be taken outside of topix. It's pretty easy to see why. As I said, they were investigated and I think some states are keeping an eye out, albeit only an occasional one. There are personal suits as well, quite a few from what I've read. That's where the monitoring comes in, or lack thereof. There are also threads where people can post to monitors but from what I could tell they were useless. You're right, this thread seems pretty tame compared to some of them.
ReginaM

Yes. I was aware of this as well.

I think this thread is tame, because on others, there are people wildly out of control, and this one is "tame", and they(seeking to be out of control) get a certain rise out of the newcomers, but old-timers keep their cool. And so the thread stays pretty calm when "they" leave.

Its sort of like learning who you can talk with, without some sort of serious tirade....So those interested in sharing, do so with a certain caution.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

I am a typing disaster today.malfunction (we feal on top of the world).

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

But the neatest trick performed by Catholic theologians was how John the Baptist in the old testament prophesied the coming of Jesus, and then hundred of years later, materialize in the new testament to baptize Jesus (as an adult) into the real true faith.

Amazing stuff of miracles!

Now ... if only we could perform stuff such as that today ... people could fly to the moon without any help from science whatsoever.

:)

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I mentioned in my former post...about the BLOODLESS COMMUNION
...If an air plane was put together (WITH OUT A SCHEMATIC OR SPECIFIC PLAN )
AS the Roman Catholic Church
has attempted to throw their religious system together.
.IT WOULDN'T FLY EITHER ...
~~~
IF NOAH (IN BUILDING THE ARK) HAD DISREGARDED GOD'S INSTRUCTION ...
AS THE ROMAN CATASTROPHIC
CHURCH FOLLOWS GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS ...IT WOULD NEVER HAD OUT LASTED THE
STORM.
the Noah's ark story is a great mythical story, but most likely over exaggerated, as far as the religious storm goes, it's still going on and will continue for centuries to come, the church is slowly dying, when it comes to molesting children even the hardest of criminals condemn child abuse, they are slowly done for, I see no way they can completely recover from this, it won't be in our life time, but the church will eventually fall. there are too many scandals now and i'm sure more in the future, so the first church to go will be the man made, power hungry unholy catholic church.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Vatican Accountant Accused of Smuggling $26 Million in Private Jet With Ex-Italian Spy
http://abcnews.go.com/News/vatican-accountant... ? Id=19518452#.Uc8Ktbnn_cs
hiding money in Switzerland and declaring bankruptcy,how interesting.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Pad wrote:
June :beginning (mistake gebinning).Also I meant to say in the very first sentence,True relationship does not bloat the ego.But actually when we first encounter God,we fell on top of the world at times,and know the greatest exhillaration for the human soul,to connect with the Creator.It is a malfucntion in the ego to bloat over self importance,and to seek power over others,or to dimminish the type of person due to occupation,race or affiliation to politics or religion. We all have a problem with self,the ego,and our disgust with certain people we encounter.
It is not wrong to be so excited about what God lifts you out of.Religionists often demean those who get very excited about how God loves them,they want to narrow one's vision to humility in their estimation.But God enjoys giving to us that boost of Love we become very excited over.It is something the world cannot give to you.God is not religion and religion is not God,that error in understanding is what has caused political religious wars,and regimes of slavery and so on.We cannot hold God to our creeds,nor can we expect God to hold everyone to His Creed.That is God will not force anyone to follow Him,He works through the basis of the AGAPE(Divine Love) it is a spiritual L A W with Him.
I've heard all that preaching before. It means nothing to me whatsoever.

I'd like to lock you in a room for a day (mouth taped shut) a devout Muslim, Qur'an in hand, preaching non-stop about your evil ways and how you will burn in Islam's hell if you don't become a Muslim.

There's just nothing like a good dose of your own medicine to get you to shut the f*ck up with preaching that your religion is the only truth.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I mostly laugh as when they hit me as now I know someone is lurking ..Lol.
Cowards and lazy people have a way to express themselves on topix through simple "badges".
Wear them proudly. It is proof your post has made an impression.
I am reminded of the decorated general with his full adornment of accolades displayed on his uniform.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumor has it that some of the message of truth that Jehovah was giving to KayMarie went off track and it went straight to Jethro.
So I suggest you don't be too hasty about who knows truth. Apparently the god always gets it right, but humans ... well now, that is a very sad part of the story. According to the latest information from on high ... humans are busy slacking, or maybe the message was "lacking." Sadly, I don't always get my messages right either.
:)
:O)

Liked your article on the ancient horses...I wanted to be an anthropologist or archeologist when I wa a kid. I'll always stop and read these articles when I see them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me?? You've gone way too far this time, Herme. Now you've crossed the line. Your slander and accusations about me are going to stop right now. I refuse to argue with either one of you anymore.
Sorry old girl. His truth in this instance can not be considered slander.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The teachings have much value. The Church teaches that stealing, killing, torturing, molesting, fraud is a sin and can lead to eternal damnation. Most faithful Catholics obey these teachings and avoid the sins. Some (including some in the leadership) don't obey these teachings. They will receive their just punishment.
How much money do you think the Catholic Church has?
well according to Forbes, the wall street journal, and financial experts from newspaper to t.v. state they are the biggest, richest business conglomerate in the world. that's not counting all the stolen goods inside Vatican city.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
How so what Old Jughead?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because either way, you're receiving the Lord.
Consider the passage of the two men on the road to Emmaus.(Luke 24). They didn't recognize Him nor the Scriptures until Jesus sat down, pulled out some bread, blessed it and gave it to them.
On this occasion, Christ didn't use wine and the partaking was no less profound.
"They ran to the eleven and told how Christ was revealed to them in the breaking of the bread"
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That answers not my question: When I were a Catholic...the congregation only got the "body"...why were they not also given the "blood"????

Because either way, you're receiving the Lord.

Horse feathers....according to your cult, you actually eat His body AND His blood....to receive only His body and not His blood is not fulfilling His command...

Unless you answer my question, stop babbling at me...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

My guess is, if I showed up at the door of Jehovah's Witnesses with a bible in hand to preach Catholicism at them, they would not appreciate my presence.

Not even a little bit!

But because I am an Atheist, you people seem to believe I need to be made over in YOUR image.

No thank you. Your desires are to be IN your own self-perceived adorable places of worship, but my desire is to not be in any place of religious worship.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry old girl. His truth in this instance can not be considered slander.
Prove it or shove it.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
:O)
Liked your article on the ancient horses...I wanted to be an anthropologist or archeologist when I wa a kid. I'll always stop and read these articles when I see them.
Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hardly wait to here the aftermath of your sermons to god about how he should run his own kingdom.
You and your bible will be going on a retreat poste-haste.
Hahahahahahahaha
{{{{GASP}}}}

You don't mean--"SMOKEY CAMP" do you?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What a relief Regina! I am so glad you shared that with me.Robert f is such a n asset to what we see concerning a person's personal journey,he has a good testimony.I did'nt know he was an atheist,but I did speak much to him when he was entertaining Islam. Everyone has a journey and when we find that Christ is real and All He said He was and IS,we still may be on a journey,but no longer alone to flounder and wonder what is the real truth about life.We are not all here to just wallow in self pursuit,and to fulfill only our own ambitions.It is too obvious that only a small percentage of human beings acquire vast wealth,and power,but most of us are bound to a life of struggle.We do not need an opiate,but God is the only one who can truly define us.Thanks again Regiona!
Pad:

It is a long journey....

Think on Psalm 88.

Some people on their journey must face the darkness, maybe many times, in order to learn.

We all think God is there only to console us, but he uses the hard(evil) things, which we see as suffering, to bring us into conformity to His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

In a sense, I can sympathize with those in darkness, and speak to them, because we share in suffering. We like to be with Jesus in heaven, but often shy away when it comes to His, and our cross....

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hiding money in Switzerland and declaring bankruptcy,how interesting.
Crooked is as crooked does.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hiding money in Switzerland and declaring bankruptcy,how interesting.
tried to read the story you posted and it says not found, you'll have to post another, there are dozens out there to choose from, the story is known world wide, there was suspicion going on for many months but they did not know who was involved or chose not to say until now, it could of came out now because the new pope did say he's going to change things, which is a dangerous thing to do, the last pope who said that, was found dead 33 days after he became pope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 441,541 - 441,560 of512,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••