Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
441,501 - 441,520 of 533,566 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you wrong??? The fact is that we don't even (care) what you believe--so why should we waste our time proving you wrong when I/we as Catholics (already know) believe, follow and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church--that WE KNOW IS THE TRUTH!!! Believe what you want! We as Catholics have "already made our choice of TRUTH!! The fact is that ANYTHING you say has little or no validity! It is ALL EXAGGERATED, HYPED UP --anti-catholic editorialized liberalism!!! Go live with it, if that's what makes you happy!! I/we as Catholics will continue to follow "the TRUE FAITH and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church!!!
same old story, you sling bull yet,no answers to my questions and accusations, you can not refute anything I post because it is supported by truth, actual history with multiple sources, all you have is what ever the church spits out, and if it were the true church it would not change their beliefs so much as they have, they would have the truth "what ever that is" religion is a waste of time, what does it do except cause trouble like what goes on here because you an I an others disagree with your ideals of what a mythical god is trying to tell us on how to live our lives. no one can prove he exists, no one can actually prove his words were meant to be a religion, is a church suppose to be a religious place or just a meeting place to hear gods words? take away the word religion and we might have a more peaceful world.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This is typical ploy #2 and you have used it many times. The ploy is insult someone (Frick and Frack) and then when they respond accuse them of 1. low standards 2 not being a Christian. This ploy does not work anymore.
Hey Frick you are so correct. It's sad that someone has so much hatred and anger inside of them that they have to resort to digs of insults to make themselves feel superior.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And converts to other religions leave the church.
You forgot to mention that important issue.
Silly people!
"The Roman Catholic Church traces its history to Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Over the course of centuries it developed a highly sophisticated theology and an elaborate organizational structure headed by the papacy, the oldest continuing absolute monarchy in the world.

The number of Roman Catholics in the world 1.2 billion is greater

than that of nearly all other religious traditions. There are more

Roman Catholics than all other Christians combined and more Roman

Catholics than all Buddhists or

Hindus. Although there are more Muslims than Roman Catholics, the number of

***Roman Catholics is greater than that of the individual traditions of Sh&#299;&#703;ite and

Sunni Islam.

These incontestable statistical and historical facts suggest that some understanding of Roman Catholicism—its history, its institutional structure, its beliefs and practices, and its place in the world—is an indispensable component of cultural literacy, regardless of how one may individually answer the ultimate questions of life and death and faith."
----Britannica.com

Silly little June!
:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Wherever your search has taken you, it is best to follow, especially when it leads you to being closer to Jesus.
Sometimes, we need to feel Jesus in our hearts, minds, and see him in different ways by our senses.
So we are on different paths that lead to the same Path. The way is be humble in walking, and bold in faith....
No. The way is to be impartial in weighing truth and justice. And to do that, one must first know himself through the very same process...lest they be incorrect in the information they attempt to process toward that conclusion. That is EXACTLY what your Jesus said...and he was absolutely correct in his statement.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This is typical ploy #2 and you have used it many times. The ploy is insult someone (Frick and Frack) and then when they respond accuse them of 1. low standards 2 not being a Christian. This ploy does not work anymore.
No, the ploy is that you are deflecting away from the fact that you got caught, again, and still won't own up to the fact that you're a hypocrite. That seems to be a habit with you two. Open your big mouths, say whatever you please, and then cry foul when people object. That's how this all started. I'm not the only one who's noticed it, not that it makes a difference. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. I really don't care if you like it or you don't. Who died and left you boss of this thread? Go fight with somebody else since you both thrive on it. That's how you came in here and will likely be how you'll go out.

Have a good evening!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what did you all do with Marge? She rebuked your good friend Preston for abusing someone and he turned around and abused her, too, without a peep from any of you. No one's seen hide nor hair of her since.
I don't know what your talking about....I don't read every single post on this thread. I don't have time for that.I only search and read what people post to me mostly. You are also guilty of abusing marge so don't point any fingers..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Noooooo...
Lets say it does read as you say (which it does not) then that would contradict the rest of the Bible. Rather you and your Church just teach a false doctrine by twisting what is written. Jesus is the 'rock' upon which the church (body) was founded.
Nooooo....
Its your 20th century church that tries to change and teach a false doctrine, opposite of what the Apostles were taught by

Jesus' himself!!!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

if anything all these Islamic terrorists should be aiming their sites at the sovereign state of Vatican city, take revenge for the murders of thousands of Muslim men, women and children, and retrieve their stolen property. if their going to die for a cause, that sounds like a better one than killing innocent people like their doing. Clear all innocents from around the city and let them have at it,winner take all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you do not speak out in justice...you speak out in ignorance and prejudice and call it justice.
That makes you a hypocrite...and dispicable.
No wonder you do not like public forums...
Don't forget the insults and name calling which she is famous for!
LineDazzle

Mold, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what your talking about....I don't read every single post on this thread. I don't have time for that.I only search and read what people post to me mostly. You are also guilty of abusing marge so don't point any fingers..
Tell Black Thunder 42 of my return.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
When a son shot himself to death right in front of his mother, after the shock of it all subsided a bit ... her comment was "What the f*ck did I ever DO to deserve this?"
That one act probably scarred her for the rest of her life.
If a creator exists, the creator knew ahead of time that drama would unfold, and THAT is cruel behavior!
If you want to worship such a supposed creator, you go for it. It's not on MY agenda.
"When a son shot himself to death right in front of his mother, after the shock of it all subsided a bit ... her comment was "What the f*ck did I ever DO to deserve this?"

"When a daughter commits suicide, because of the actions of her mother, the mother, instead of blaming God for her daughter's death, should get her her knees and ask God to forgive her for causing the death of her daughter."

My point:

If I take a gun and kill a person....I am guilty of causing that person's death.

If, by my actions, I cause a person to commit suicide...I am guilty of causing the death of that person...

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mr. Research, cite the Forbes, WSJ and newspaper/TV financial experts that say it's the 'biggest, richest conglomerate in the world".
you must of missed my homework here it is again:looking into the finances of the church I just read an article that in the U.S. federal reserve bank the Vatican has $7 billion in solid gold alone, it averages 113,000,000 a year in tourism, they also own large parts of every one of the largest banks around the world, Rothschild's of Europe, London, an America. Suisse credit of London an Zurich, Morgan, chase-Manhattan, first national, bankers trust company, billions of shares in gulf oil, shell oil, general motors, Bethlehem steel, I. B. M. this does not include real-estate holdings, plus all that was stolen from people in the beginning of the church, land houses,silver&gold and probably people who were sold as slaves or used in the arena for sport. They killed in gods (crusades) name to steal lands from well mostly Muslims, they were the churches biggest threat, they want religious world dominance, just like they wanted and have their own state, if the are a sovereign country why don't they have to play by the same rules as all other sovereign states? this country should go after them and make them pay for all the illegal aliens they are responsible for in this country. I was surprised at how many when I read the article, no wonder their church numbers are going up down south in Georgia and surrounding states, the church is brining them in illegally.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Love And Prayer
June 29, 2013 — by David H. Roper
Our Daily Bread
Read: Psalm 92
They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing.—Psalm 92:14
Bible in a Year:
Job 14-16; Acts 9:22-43
In a popular children’s book, Winnie the Pooh watches Kanga bound away. I wish I could jump like that, he thinks. Some can and some can’t. That’s how it is.
We see younger or more able men and women doing extraordinary things that we cannot do. They can; we can’t. That’s how it is. It’s easy to feel useless when we can’t do the things we were once capable of doing.
It’s true that we may not be able to “jump” like we once did, but we can love and we can pray. These are the works that time and experience have prepared us to do well.
Love is the very best gift we have to give to God and to others. It is no small matter, for love is the means by which we fulfill our whole duty to God and our neighbor. Our love for one person may seem to be a small action, but love is the greatest gift of all (1 Cor. 13:13).
And we can pray. Paul encouraged the Colossians to “continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving”(Col. 4:2). Our prayers are a powerful force in the universe!
Love and prayer are mighty works indeed, the mightiest works for any of us. Why? Because our God, who wants to use us, is an all-loving and all-powerful God.
Begin the day with God;
Kneel down to Him in prayer;
Lift up thy heart to His abode,
And seek His love to share.—Dann
God pours His love into our hearts that it might flow out to others.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
Robert F SEE THIS PAD!!!
Since: Dec 06
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello Robert. And greetings to you!
I agree that organized religion is built on fear.
Trust does not fear the hereafter. And trust does not have a need to preach about what ignorance can not know. Trust is about believing in something awesome, without a need to understand. It is akin to throwing a spiritual rope into the sky, and trusting that it will attach to something incomprehensibly beautiful. The rope will never break, because the trust will never be betrayed.
Just my belief.
Hello June
The way you use the word "trusting" in the above "and trusting that it will attach to something", is more akin to "hoping".
The basic problem as I see it is a question of balancing religion and education. Organized religion can serve as teaching tool, but in the end it all comes down to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So, what we need especially here in the States is education.
I am afraid that I have some rather "startling" news. As of late, I have been courting atheism! Yea....Surprise!
It was probably only a matter of time. But in my thinking now it is the only way to be open minded and objective....
Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...
You can run to the concepts of religion, or you can run to the concepts of atheism.
What one really needs to understand is the concept of the ALL and the essence of energy that precludes all existence and matter.
It is what it is.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Bible Verse of the Day

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

John 8:36 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Happy weekend all!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

here you go AANTHONY:Pastor to Sue Forbes for Listing 'Richest Pastors' in Brazil; Claims Information Wholly Inaccurate,By Andrea Madambashi , Christian Post Correspondent
February 5, 2013|11:46 pm
A recent report by Forbes magazine listing the richest pastors in Brazil has sparked criticism of evangelical leaders in the country.
One of the pastors mentioned in the list, Silas Malafaia, has promised to file a lawsuit against the magazine for its "shamless" report. Other evangelical leaders have also spoken out against the news saying it presents religion as a profitable business and infringes on the private finances of individuals.
Forbes carried out an investigation into the net worth of the most popular evangelical leaders in Brazil, allegedly basing the figures on numbers reported by Brazil's Public Ministry of the Union and Federal Police.
The magazine said it also used estimates of the value of each pastor's private holdings, Brazilian media has reported, including magazines Veja, Exame, IstoÉ, IstoÉ Dinheiro and newspapers Folha de S. Paulo, O Globo and O Estado de S. Paulo.
The investigation listed the five wealthiest ministers as: Edir Macedo, leader of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God ($950 million); Valdemiro Santiago, of the World Church of the Power of God ($200 million); Silas Malafaia, president of Victory in Christ Assembly of God ($150 million), RR Soares, of the International Church of the Grace of God ($125 million) and the married couple Estevam Hernandes and Sonia, of the Reborn in Christ Church ($65 million).
Pastor Silas Malafaia, who was included in the list, has denied that the information reported is anywhere near accurate, claiming that all the money from his church, as well as other ministries and companies he is connected with, and offerings and donations received by them, would not even reach half of the amount ($150 million) listed by Forbes as his personal wealth.

what are they hiding?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The teachings have much value. The Church teaches that stealing, killing, torturing, molesting, fraud is a sin and can lead to eternal damnation. Most faithful Catholics obey these teachings and avoid the sins. Some (including some in the leadership) don't obey these teachings. They will receive their just punishment.
How much money do you think the Catholic Church has?
Perhaps we should make them make an actual and realistic accounting of it(including all their Swiss bank accounts). That would require the antiquities they have hidden in their archives also. I am all for it. It would be quite revealing an a multitude of dimensions...and probably entirely destroy the credibility of the RCC.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty clear, we don't "re-crucify" Him. Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit.
"1366 of the CCC basically tells us there is one sacrifice once for all that is made present to us in the mass."

Pure logic: one mass...one sacrifice...10 masses...10 sacrifices..
100 masses...100 sacrifices...1000 masses...1000 masses...

By now you should understand that "we" are re-crucifying Him...every time "we" say the mass...and/or partake in the mass...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the ploy is that you are deflecting away from the fact that you got caught, again, and still won't own up to the fact that you're a hypocrite. That seems to be a habit with you two. Open your big mouths, say whatever you please, and then cry foul when people object. That's how this all started. I'm not the only one who's noticed it, not that it makes a difference. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. I really don't care if you like it or you don't. Who died and left you boss of this thread? Go fight with somebody else since you both thrive on it. That's how you came in here and will likely be how you'll go out.
Have a good evening!!
You MARIE are a very discusting and mental ill person.YOU are the only Catholic on this forum that has the has the BIG MOUTH that you claim Hermi and I have. It is YOU that does the insults to us and YOU ALONE. No other Catholic on this forum insults us personally or calls us names or trys to bait us into a fight as YOU do.I think it would be best for You to pray.Your post are beginning to sound crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 23 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••