Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650723 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457833 Jun 30, 2013
From the book Margaret Lawrence—Dance on the Earth.

I know, however, that there are many people of various faiths who find abhorrent the very idea of a female principle being part of what we call God.

Quesnel, Canada

#457834 Jun 30, 2013
From the book Gordon’ Sinclair—McClelland and Stewart Ltd.—“Will Gordon Sinclair Please Sit Down.”

Oddly enough, too much belief in religion has brought the same punishment as non-belief. Jeanne d’arc was burned at the stake because she was too religious. She saw vision. She was a fifteen-year- old girl, not a prince of the church licensed to deal with God. She insisted, however, that she had seen the visions. So the duly licensed representatives of God upon earth put her to death. Later of course, they declared her a saint.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#457835 Jun 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =D6ejBvRExE4XX......
Greece in revolt as scandals sweep the Orthodhttp://www.guardian.co.u k/world/2005/mar/20/greeceox church

Greek Orthodox abbot goes to jail before trial over land scandal

Corruption and Scandals

in the Greek Orthodox Churches

http://triceratops.brynmawr.edu/dspace/bitstr...

Yeah that game can be played all day long. Does it make you feel better?

Corruption, taped conversations of homosexual lovers, money scandals, land scandals galore in the Orthdox church. The sins of men are not the teachings. All you have done is shown your dark hatred and hypocrisy again with the log in your eye. You nor your husband are capapble of being truthful and no you are not the official spokesmen for the Orthodox faith. You are both clearly ignorant, but Herme is a scholar in Neverland. lol

Have a nice day wallowing in your mud.

Quesnel, Canada

#457836 Jun 30, 2013
In all cultures, there is a basic ambivalence: words are what distinguish man from the rest of nature, and words are dangerous to them who dare to handle them.

Author unknown
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#457837 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A man who was raised as a staunch Christian by parents who were both Christian ministers stated that he refused to believe in a god that would send his own son to earth to be murdered and in turn refer to that act as LOVE!
He found his own guideline, and refused the offer of salvation in the process.
Good for him.
He died with his belief intact. His pride would not allow him to sell out his own mental abilities, for the cheap promise from theologians of "salvation."
Yes June.... and nothing has changed for over 2000 years when the (rebellious and defiant) Prodigal Son, in Luke 15:11- who ALSO (found his own guideline and refused the offer of Salvation) by allowing his own pride, conceit and ego to "control and dominate" his (spiteful and rebellious) life.....THAT IS-----Until--he eventually "CAME TO HIS SENSES!!".... Sounds as if the only thing this man (that you referred to) died with, is his own PRIDE INTACT and NOTHING ELSE!! Is he "another one" of your successful?????
mentors, that you "eagerly follow"?????
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#457838 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
Everyone loves these tracts:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1071/1071...
You cannot run from the truth.
Oh you mean the Jack Chick school of "theological heretics"?
and that--my friend--is the TRUTH!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#457839 Jun 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>everything you say is crap for the mear fact you do not have an true apostolic church, so why keep saying it, the chair was bought and paid,which I have pointed out to you,it was not chosen by holy guidance but by money. so how can you have a true apostolic church? please explain? and if doubt what I say just look up the history of the popes and you'll find it.
I have studied, investigated and systematically researched ALL of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY (for over 2000 years) of the Popes, Saints, and the biographical dictionary from Early Church Fathers along with the TRUE biblical interpretation from 382, 393 and 397 from the Canon of Scriptures, by the Historian Apologistic writers!!!! THEY ALL DEBUNK and REFUTE the BS that you and your bible only "buffoons" continue to "throw out" on this forum. NONE OF YOU, have absolutely "no idea" as to what you are talking about when you refer to Church History--because it is ALL PROTESTANT REFORMATION "invented, made-up, and editorialized" church history that has been "re-written and distorted" in order to fit this "bible only mythology" religious beliefs of "relative truth", that has "no basis" WHAT-SO-EVER of any biblical or historical facts or truth to back it up! The only ABSOLUTE HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH that is authoritative, proven and factual, is in Matthew 16:13-21 (in the spoken and stated words) of Jesus Christ HIMSELF regarding the One (and only one) TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church that HE initiated and established---again (PROVEN and VERIFIABLE) for over 2000 years.......... Your "fictitious Protestant bible only church history books have more "holes in it" than the Titanic--which (went down like a rock)!!!
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457840 Jun 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that I understood this essence from the time I can even earliest remember...and it was not your deity that is professed as so hateful in your bible?
How do you explain that?
Black Thunder 42

Imho, I think that we develop our personalities at a very young age, in response to our environment. If that environment does not challenge a person, then they get lazy.

A lot of times we are kicked out of our comfort zones, and some( try, as a kind of nostalgia) try to return to that zone, while others move forward. The latter is a sense of becoming an adult, accepting the good and bad, and moving forward.

In a sense then, some who were born and raised in a religion, but never were challenged, get lazy, accepting the status quo, and it negatively affects being courageous in their character.

Of course the culture in which one is raised affects one's opportunities to express one's own ideas.

Quesnel, Canada

#457841 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes June.... and nothing has changed for over 2000 years when the (rebellious and defiant) Prodigal Son, in Luke 15:11- who ALSO (found his own guideline and refused the offer of Salvation) by allowing his own pride, conceit and ego to "control and dominate" his (spiteful and rebellious) life.....THAT IS-----Until--he eventually "CAME TO HIS SENSES!!".... Sounds as if the only thing this man (that you referred to) died with, is his own PRIDE INTACT and NOTHING ELSE!! Is he "another one" of your successful?????
mentors, that you "eagerly follow"?????
Exactly how much DOES the god of the Jews LOVE you???

:)
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#457842 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
I know many priests and none of them has ever studied the Holy Fathers!
http://www.chick.com/reading/books/180/ch16.a...
after READING THIS < I KNOW NOW WHY SO MANY PRIEST WHO LEAVE THE PRIESTHOOD ARE IN TORMENT..
MY HEART HURTS FOR THEM; BECAUSE TRUTHFULLY I BELIEVE EVERY ONE OF THEM TRULY WANTED NOTHING MORE THEN TO SERVE GOD; WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS.

WHAT DO THE BIBLE SAY??/ THE DEVIL GOES BACK AND FORTH THROUGH OUT THE WORLD TO KILL, STEAL, AND DESTROY.
NOW WE KNOW HOW HE IS DOING IT; WITH THE HELP OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Quesnel, Canada

#457843 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied, investigated and systematically researched ALL of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY

Quesnel, Canada

#457844 Jun 30, 2013
It seems it is always man’s proclivity to define the outsider, the stranger, the one who differs from him, as the evil one, and himself on the side of the angels.

Author unknown.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457845 Jun 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Defense Mechanisms defend us from unpleasant emotions and feelings, such as anxiety:
1. Rationalization “Creating false but plausible excuses to justify unacceptable behavior.”
2.Displacement Diverting emotional feelings (usually anger) from their original source to a substitute target.”
3. Projection “Attributing one’s own thoughts, feelings, or motives to another.”
4. Regression “A reversion to immature patterns of behavior.”
5. Reaction Formation “Behaving in a way that is exactly the opposite of one’s true feelings.” 7. Repression
Hermi:

I stand guilty as charged. I have used them all in my life. So I ask forgiveness if I have offended you or anyone else.

I thinks its when we step back, catch our breath, and take a second look, that we can get some perspective on our own defensive mechanism....

It would seem also to me, that such mechanisms operate on a mass scale as well.

Quesnel, Canada

#457847 Jun 30, 2013
From the book … After Abolition of the Death Penalty by William A. Schabas, comes the following.

In positive law, capital punishment can be traced back as early as 1750 B.C., in the les talionas of the code of Hammurabi. 6 The bible set death as the punishment for such crimes as magic, violation of Sabbath, blasphemy, adultery, homosexuality, relations with animals, incest and rape.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#457848 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In all cultures, there is a basic ambivalence: words are what distinguish man from the rest of nature, and words are dangerous to them who dare to handle them.
Author unknown
Yeah words can do a lot of damage June, you should learn to choose yours more wisely; you damn yourself every time you post something.
what comes out of you mouth is what is truly in your heart, and lady your hate is evident in everything your post about a God you say you don't believe in.
Well I think your full of crap up to your ears; the rest is toilet paper.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457849 Jun 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the words came from Robert F, himself.
June outed him not me, I just picked up on it.
the bottom line is that a person doesn't go from Christianity to atheistism back to Christianity with side trips to searching for truths from ole Buddha, Back to Christianity etc.
so unles Robert is a liar(which I always thought so), he is not to be believed in any thng that he says.
I told Roseze that Robert would say anything to you if he thinks that is what you want to hear. that is nor the "mark' of a Chrsitian who will tell you the truth because he loves your soul.
while Robert is like satan who he has followed for many years, as he has said.
Preston:

Lol....

So this is what you are stating about me:

If I am a liar, and I say I am lying, then I ask you, am I telling the truth?

Gotcha! You are arguing from a fallacy, and from an overgeneralized fallacy.

You have a very difficult time in considering yourself to be wrong or mistaken, don't you? I ask because you project that way of thinking in your words on this thread....(i.e. You treat others, the way you treat yourself.)

Take a step back maybe, and reconsider your opinions as not being chiseled in stone tablets, by your finger.(smile)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#457850 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how much DOES the god of the Jews LOVE you???
Unconditionally!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457851 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I have told you "umpteen" times!! You, jethro can do and believe what you want!!.... IT IS YOUR CHOICE!....Go ahead and continue to live in your anti-catholic "hate-filled world" of anger, beligerance, animosioty and hostility toward Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically PROVEN) One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... Quite frankly--I/we as Catholics--all feel sorry for you and your "antagonistic" attitude, attacking the TRUTH of Gods Word...... I/we as Catholics will continue to live in the TRUE faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ at Daily Mass and the Eucharist as the "pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH (I Timothy 3:15.
~~~

AS usual (THO YOU EVIDENTLY COULD NOT CARE LESS )I will ANSWER you

WITH WHAT the BIBLE RECORDS....

AS I WOULD TO ANY OTHER INFIDEL, SUCH AS YOURSELF

INFIDEL DEFINED

G571
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#960;&#953;&#963; &#964;&#959;&#962;
apistos
ap'-is-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G4103; (actively) disbelieving, that is, without Christian faith (specifically a heathen); (passively) untrustworthy (person), or incredible (thing):- that believeth not, faithless, incredible thing, infidel, unbeliever (-ing).

~~~

THE CHARGE THAT JESUS GAVE TO THE APOSTLE PAUL

Act 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And

he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Act 26:16 But rise, and

stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose,

to make thee a minister and a witness

both of these things which thou hast seen, and

of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Act 26:18

1.To open their eyes, and

2.to turn them from darkness to light, and

from the power of Satan unto God,

3.that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and

4.inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Act 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

Act 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day,

witnessing both to small and great,

saying none other things than those

which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Act 26:23

1. That Christ should suffer, and

2.that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and

3. should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT TEACH NOR PRACTICE THE CHARGE THAT JESUS GAVE TO THE APOSTLE PAUL.

LATER The apostle Paule writes...

Gal 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Gal 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

SO I GUESS YOU SEE WHERE YOUR GREAT ONE TRUE APOSTATE CHURCH STANDS

BEFORE ...THE ONE.. THAT GAVE ...THE CHARGE ...TO THE APOSTLE PAUL...

YOU TEACH NOTHING ....THAT JESUS ...INSTRUCTED ...PAUL... TO ...PREACH

AS ONE THAT IS DECEIVED....YOU ATTEMPT ...TO DECEIVE SOULS ..WITH YOUR

CONJECTURE...FABLES AND MYTHS.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457852 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F is quite the story-telling chameleon.
I wonder where he'll be next year at this time. Maybe under the spell of the giggling dalai lama.
June:

Been there. Done that.
More like a Cheshire cat.

Around the block a few times.
Because now it rhymes.

I stop to smell the roses.
Walk on, and on like Holy Moses.

Today is enough for me
Tomorrow in the Promised Land I'll be.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#457853 Jun 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah words can do a lot of damage June, you should learn to choose yours more wisely; you damn yourself every time you post something.
what comes out of you mouth is what is truly in your heart, and lady your hate is evident in everything your post about a God you say you don't believe in.
Well I think your full of crap up to your ears; the rest is toilet paper.
Hey Ltm, I was over at cnn on a thread about gay marriage telling them how God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another and they silenced that free speech by taking down the thread.

They think the matter is settled and don't want to hear it, they exchanged the truth for a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web