Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,126
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457592 Jun 29, 2013
Christians continually make others feel worse by stating that others will go to hell and they will go to heaven.

If they would only suggest that maybe all people will go heaven, they would stop being enemies.

How simple is THAT?

By changing your sermons, you will break down the walls that of religion that now divide.

Wouldn't that be refreshing? Or do you prefer to keep right-fighting?
LineDazzle

Saint Asaph, UK

#457593 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians continually make others feel worse by stating that others will go to hell and they will go to heaven.
If they would only suggest that maybe all people will go heaven, they would stop being enemies.
How simple is THAT?
By changing your sermons, you will break down the walls that of religion that now divide.
Wouldn't that be refreshing? Or do you prefer to keep right-fighting?
Black Thunder 42 has no grandkids, or kids, and he is not married. He's 63.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#457594 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not their fault that your church is a fraudulent auspices of the church of Jerusalem. They simply(as many others) point out the facts of it's fallacies.
Rather than prove them wrong(because you can't), you people resort to personal defamation and strawman arguments...making complete fools of yourselves in the process.
"you people"? Well, thank goodness! Frick and Frack have been swearing up and down on the Bible that I'm the only one who does that! Little liars, those two, heh? Caught 'em at it again!!

As for the rest of your post (I guess one could call it that).....

zzzzzzzzzz..........
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#457595 Jun 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
A Connecticut priest with a reputation of caring for the poor has shocked his parishioners after being accused of faking a terminal illness to cover up the alleged theft of $1 million from his diocese.
The Rev. Kevin Gray, a 26-year veteran of the Hartford Catholic Diocese, is being investigated by the Waterbury, Conn., police department for allegedly taking money over a seven-year period from a savings fund established for the Sacred Heart parish, money that was to be used for building renovations and church debt, according to the police…
According to Rev. John Gatzak, spokesman, the Hartford Archdiocese became suspicious over the past year as they asked Gray to submit several years’ worth of annual financial reviews from his parish. Gray allegedly said he was unable to complete the reviews because of a serious terminal illness he was battling and asked for more time. Gatzak said that although they gave Gray some leeway and extra time to submit his reports, they began to look at his parish financial records and say they made some troubling discoveries…
Gatzak, 64, said the news has been ever more painful for the parish and it’s parishioners because of the fact that they believed Gray was battling a serious illness, an illness they now believe may have simply been a lie to try and give the priest more time to allegedly cover up the lost funds.
Hey Dr. Research, this is a 3 year old story. The dirtbag is in prison now.

Did you know they now sell sliced bread?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457596 Jun 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
Yes.
It seems no two "scholars" agree. So a sort of blurred approximation is generally given of about 70 CE. So, I have my doubts about that....I suspect it was written, and collected over a period of time by Mark.(The amount of that time, I do not know.)
By the way, I am from Burbank, CA. But I was born in Hollywood, CA.)
The point being that "Mark" had to be written by someone long after Jesus, or far removed from the area, who knew little or nothing about the time or area, and still at a later time than the currency of Jesus.
Nazareth did not even exist at the current time of Jesus. Proven by archaeology and roman maps and records.
Nazareth did not even exist until 70 and most likely it was 100 or after.
Burbank...You should be well educated then...at least it would appear you have been afforded the opportunity.
LineDazzle

Saint Asaph, UK

#457597 Jun 29, 2013
BLACK THUNDER 63 IS AN UNMARRIED LONELY BITCH WHO HAS NO GRANDKIDS OR KIDS AND HAS NEVER IN LOVE!!!!!
HE IS 63 YEARS OLD GOING ON 64!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457598 Jun 29, 2013
I wonder ... if Billy Graham wasn't a very old man, knowing he will soon die, if he would still be preaching that only Christians will be saved.

Something made him change his mind that maybe he hadn't read the scriptures by "righteous" passages" after all.

One must be careful with words, as they have and can cause such horrible suffering to others.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457599 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some "use" ritual(because they do not possess the capability of knowledge, understanding, and ability to surpass it) in their religious quest.
The same is true in Pagan traditions. Wicca etc. use "ritual for the same reason. The "wizard" has little or no need for the practice of ritual.
I expect you understand what I am relating.
Yes I do understand.I always study the origin, the history, the theology, the deeper meaning and the purpose of everything I do in the Church. But more importantly is my inner experience this foundation is laid.I believe God has no need of our rituals. They are for us. Also I believe that for some, these are a poor fit and
God has other ways to connect with them. Your post is thoughtful

Location hidden

#457600 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
BLACK THUNDER 63 IS AN UNMARRIED LONELY BITCH WHO HAS NO GRANDKIDS OR KIDS AND HAS NEVER IN LOVE!!!!!
HE IS 63 YEARS OLD GOING ON 64!
I didnt know you had CNN breaking news coming out of your bottom.

Location hidden

#457601 Jun 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Silurist:
But Mohammed knew about Christianity(so-called Christianity) from a gnostic heretical sect of Christianity in Syria. It is there, that he incorporated the idea of a heresy into the Quran, which he wrote.
Lol... And I have been told by by anti-religious atheists that I will not go to heaven! I'm okay with what they want to think. I try and give them the respect they deserve.
Perhaps I will fire up the scooter and make a trip down to Charleston. I have had a hankering for "Landry's", and some real creole. We could discuss your possibilities of heaven...or just have a grand ole' time reveling in the dinner and drink as friends. I will be more than glad to take the check for the experience of both...it would be an honour.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457602 Jun 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you wrong??? The fact is that we don't even (care) what you believe
All people who post on forums care what others believe.

That's WHY we post.

Location hidden

#457603 Jun 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
For those interested here is a video of a hospital technician getting my new organ the last time I was in the hospital:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =m7-bMBuVmHoXX
<SNORT>
LineDazzle

Saint Asaph, UK

#457604 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>I didnt know you had CNN breaking news coming out of your bottom.
What I said about Black Thunder 63 being an unmarried and unloved 63 year old is correct as far as I know! Tell him I'm at him!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457605 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>Yes I do understand.I always study the origin, the history, the theology, the deeper meaning and the purpose of everything I do in the Church. But more importantly is my inner experience this foundation is laid.I believe God has no need of our rituals. They are for us. Also I believe that for some, these are a poor fit and
God has other ways to connect with them. Your post is thoughtful
What if you found out that there is no god to favor your special group of believers? Would that cause you unbearable emotional pain?
LineDazzle

Saint Asaph, UK

#457606 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I will fire up the scooter and make a trip down to Charleston. I have had a hankering for "Landry's", and some real creole. We could discuss your possibilities of heaven...or just have a grand ole' time reveling in the dinner and drink as friends. I will be more than glad to take the check for the experience of both...it would be an honour.
Do you remember me? It's Lunger!

Location hidden

#457607 Jun 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
One thing I note here on the EMs is that after communion is served, they all line up and bow when the Host is put back in the Tabernacle.... Have you seen this? It brings a sense of respect, that is demonstrable, as to simply having them come and go....
A complaint here on cradle Catholics. They become lazy and complacent. That closes their ears to listening, and they become habitual attendees at Mass.
I would like to see one time, a priest say, "No Liturgy of the Eucharist today!" And see if they would perk up and listen...(smiles)
To hear is one thing . To listen is another. To understand proper discernment is to learn and understand proper discourse.

Location hidden

#457608 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"you people"? Well, thank goodness! Frick and Frack have been swearing up and down on the Bible that I'm the only one who does that! Little liars, those two, heh? Caught 'em at it again!!
As for the rest of your post (I guess one could call it that).....
zzzzzzzzzz..........
==========
Dedicated to Regina

Now it's the same old song
But with a different meaningSince you been gone
Now it's the same old song
But with a different meaning
Since you been goneI, oh I can't bear to hear it

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#457609 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that I am wicked because I don't believe as you believe.
Are YOU wicked because you don't believe as a Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Buddhist believes?
Do you believe that your supposed god thinks that same way you think???
~~~

Suppose you talk to Him about that...

All I see is your conversation here in this forum...and compare them to the manner of conversation that he requires...

Jas_3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

1Pe_1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1Pe_1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe_2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

definition of the word -->CONVERSATION <--AS USED ABOVE

G390
&#945;&#787;&#957; &#945;&#963;&#964; &#961;&#949;&#769; &#966;&#969;
anastrepho
an-as-tref'-o
From G303 and G4762; to overturn; also to return; by implication to busy oneself, that is, remain, live:- abide, behave self, have conversation, live, overthrow, pass, return, be used.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#457610 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The teachings have much value. The Church teaches that stealing, killing, torturing, molesting, fraud is a sin and can lead to eternal damnation. Most faithful Catholics obey these teachings and avoid the sins. Some (including some in the leadership) don't obey these teachings. They will receive their just punishment.
How much money do you think the Catholic Church has?
looking into the finances of the church I just read an article that in the U.S. federal reserve bank the Vatican has $7 billion in solid gold alone, it averages 113,000,000 a year in tourism, they also own large parts of every one of the largest banks around the world, Rothschild's of Europe, London, an America. Suisse credit of London an Zurich, Morgan, chase-Manhattan, first national, bankers trust company, billions of shares in gulf oil, shell oil, general motors, Bethlehem steel, I. B. M. this does not include real-estate holdings, plus all that was stolen from people in the beginning of the church, land houses,silver&gold and probably people who were sold as slaves or used in the arena for sport. They killed in gods (crusades) name to steal lands from well mostly Muslims, they were the churches biggest threat, they want religious world dominance, just like they wanted and have their own state, if the are a sovereign country why don't they have to play by the same rules as all other sovereign states? this country should go after them and make them pay for all the illegal aliens they are responsible for in this country. I was surprised at how many when I read the article, no wonder their church numbers are going up down south in Georgia and surrounding states, the church is brining them in illegally.

Location hidden

#457611 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
First horses arose 4 million years ago
The oldest full genome sequence, recovered from ancient horse bone, pushes back equine origins by 2 million years.
http://www.nature.com/news/first-horses-arose...
It is OK for us to do it with "horses" but when it comes to the very same information of proof of "modern humans" it is suppressed by the very same people.
Why do you think that is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web