Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,079
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#457511 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan -- Robert is NOT an atheist. The posts you've been reading were from years ago and were dredged up out of spite.
A grave injustice has been done to Robert.
How many others like yourself will MIS-read those old posts and come to a false conclusion as you have about Robert?
To her credit, June has apologized and set the record straight. The other who is attempting to demean Robert will likely continue in his evil. As you said, Robert is a kind and intelligent person (no matter what his beliefs), so it's not surprising that satan in his jealousy is attacking him.
What a relief Regina! I am so glad you shared that with me.Robert f is such a n asset to what we see concerning a person's personal journey,he has a good testimony.I did'nt know he was an atheist,but I did speak much to him when he was entertaining Islam. Everyone has a journey and when we find that Christ is real and All He said He was and IS,we still may be on a journey,but no longer alone to flounder and wonder what is the real truth about life.We are not all here to just wallow in self pursuit,and to fulfill only our own ambitions.It is too obvious that only a small percentage of human beings acquire vast wealth,and power,but most of us are bound to a life of struggle.We do not need an opiate,but God is the only one who can truly define us.Thanks again Regiona!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457512 Jun 29, 2013
I don't believe that any religion can guarantee I will be rewarded with eternal bliss in an afterlife ... so it's nothing personal when I won't join your specific cult.

I don't believe that those in any religion can know the future ... so it's nothing personal when I don't believe that your cult knows the future.

I do understand however that you take every remark that doesn't agree with your religious beliefs personally, because you are certain that I have offended your god.

Well, when you stop offending other people's supposed gods, I will stop offending yours ... and if and when THAT miracle occurs, there will be total silence on all religious FRONTS.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457513 Jun 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah!!!! Well remember yhe oldest full genome sequence, recovered from ancient horse bone, pushes back equine origins by 2 million years.Well I got a picture of you ridinh that horse you old coot. LOL
Well I might have been that horse in one of my earliest reincarnations. Maybe that is why I am fond of the odor of hay.

:)
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457514 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> The first two tenets of Jesus is all one needs practice. All the ritual and cherrypicking for designs of defamation and self aggrandizement is indeed insane....anyone practicing such behavior is directly contrary to the teachings of Jesus, and will hear that infamous line when their judgement is made. It only proves to me that they do not even believe what they preach...in fact, I have to wonder if they don't eat their own kin.
I think you may be one of the few who understands that.
I stand by my statement.
Black Thunder 42:

I do understand and agree.

Relying on one's indoctrination, more or less limits one. It is good as a reference point in one's life, to see if one chooses to grow toward loving God and fellow man, and helps in assessing one's motivation.

The problem comes when identifying oneself exclusively within one culture and applying it to all others in a judgmental fashion. Most often, I have learned to find things in common first. And defer by etiquette to understand others viewpoint secondly. It is best to give respect in order to receive respect. It begins a process of understanding.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#457515 Jun 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM:
More like Christianity is God, you and me, made possible by Jesus.
Sure we can find the zealous on both sides of the Catholic/Protestant issue.
But I think in general, the Christian message has been marginalized by society. This marginalizing is what keeps sola scriptura alive. And in a sense, that is a good thing, because it is a "mindset" people can come together in common cause for Christianity.(It is kind of like two halves of the human brain.)
Recognizing the differences in a view on Christianity, does not hinder living out a Christian life, unless one maintains an "exclusive" attitude(which is counter to being catholic(universal) in the first place).
It depends on what you mean by "exclusive" and "universal". Do you think the Apostles were exclusivists? The Early Fathers who fought and sometimes died defending against heresy and protestors?

If Christ ever taught that it's all good, believe what you want as long as you play I'm okay, you're okay, I must have missed it. That's relativism. Speaking out against it was never popular and probably never more reviled than right this minute. But then look at who is doing the reviling...the "I'm okay, you're okay, and anybody who doesn't agree is a big meanie liar" crowd. I'll stick with the Apostles. They can have each other.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457516 Jun 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What a relief Regina! I am so glad you shared that with me.Robert f is such a n asset to what we see concerning a person's personal journey,he has a good testimony.I did'nt know he was an atheist,but I did speak much to him when he was entertaining Islam. Everyone has a journey and when we find that Christ is real and All He said He was and IS,we still may be on a journey,but no longer alone to flounder and wonder what is the real truth about life.We are not all here to just wallow in self pursuit,and to fulfill only our own ambitions.It is too obvious that only a small percentage of human beings acquire vast wealth,and power,but most of us are bound to a life of struggle.We do not need an opiate,but God is the only one who can truly define us.Thanks again Regiona!
PAD, I certainly DID NOT change his post and YOU read his words .

judge him by what he said not what one of the biggest liars on this forum said. SHAME ON YOU>!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457517 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>=======
I have heard of James the son of Zebedee. James the son of Alpheus James("James the Just")and James the father of Judas (not Judas Iscariot)in the Bible. I never heard of James Bond.
Have you ever heard of James the pickle-eater??? That was big news back in the hills when I was young around a hundred and fifty years ago.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457518 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I might have been that horse in one of my earliest reincarnations. Maybe that is why I am fond of the odor of hay.
LOL

Location hidden

#457519 Jun 29, 2013
page 22054.
now go back and read all of her comment.
from june.

June VanDerMark

Mackenzie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday

Judged:

When I searched for Robert's old belief of Atheism, I have to admit it was to belittle Robert. And it was also to make a point that from my perspective "belief" is not ALL THAT.

Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

Location hidden

#457520 Jun 29, 2013
Robert F

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

Why is it, that those who are certain they KNOW that hell, or (at the very least) loss of salvation always pertains to others, are the very same ones who profess to have a certain and clear picture of what happens after death of the physical body?
Could that, by any chance, BE a coincidence?
Greetings June

It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....

Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#457521 Jun 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What a relief Regina! I am so glad you shared that with me.Robert f is such a n asset to what we see concerning a person's personal journey,he has a good testimony.I did'nt know he was an atheist,but I did speak much to him when he was entertaining Islam. Everyone has a journey and when we find that Christ is real and All He said He was and IS,we still may be on a journey,but no longer alone to flounder and wonder what is the real truth about life.We are not all here to just wallow in self pursuit,and to fulfill only our own ambitions.It is too obvious that only a small percentage of human beings acquire vast wealth,and power,but most of us are bound to a life of struggle.We do not need an opiate,but God is the only one who can truly define us.Thanks again Regiona!
You're most welcome! Robert was very generous in his response saying that those personal attacks against him give him an opportunity to practice virtue. He holds no animosity against his accusers. Nevertheless, I know he believes in God and am not afraid to take his back when he's being attacked. Too many people don't want to get involved, but I don't go for that nonsense. That's why there's so much evil around, everybody's afraid to speak up.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457522 Jun 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I have nit been a Catholic for decades..
I just know I feel closer to Jesus than I ever did as Catholic ..
I can really talk to Him as in fellowship..even about little things and know He is listening..I c an say regulatory pray e r such as t he Lord's prayer ..nut this is different.
RoSesz:

Wherever your search has taken you, it is best to follow, especially when it leads you to being closer to Jesus.

Sometimes, we need to feel Jesus in our hearts, minds, and see him in different ways by our senses.

So we are on different paths that lead to the same Path. The way is be humble in walking, and bold in faith....
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#457523 Jun 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Roman Catholics live and base their whole whole religious existence upon a lie...
They condemn others, rave and rant about the importance of their
Eucharist ....THEY TEACH THAT COMMUNION KEEPS THEM SAVED....YET THEY
IN THEIR HALF HEART ED FACADE TAKE A BLOODLESS COMMUNION...
THERE IA NO SUCH THING AS A PART TIME CHRISTIAN...AND MORE THAN THERE IS
A PART TIME PREGNANCY...
THEY ARE PROXY CHRISTIANS..
the pope is between them and Jesus...
then comes the saints
then Mary stands in there some where..as mediator...
their protocol chain is not scriptural
The Bible says
1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and
one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;
They claim to be the Bride of Christ yet they have a whole line of little gods between them and Him...that they bow before in their mass.
It's called spiritual adultery and fornication...
The evangelical fundamentalist pentecostals live and base their whole whole religious existence upon a lie...
They condemn others, rave and rant about the importance of their
own personal interpretation of the bible ....THEY TEACH THAT SHOUTING SCRIPTURE VERSES KEEPS THEM SAVED....YET THEY
IN THEIR HALF HEART ED FACADE ARE LIARS AND BEARERS OF FALSE WITNESS...
THERE IA NO SUCH THING AS A PART TIME CHRISTIAN...AND MORE THAN THERE IS
A PART TIME PREGNANCY...
THEY ARE PROXY CHRISTIANS..
their own ego is between them and Jesus...
then they brow beat their congregants and scare the hell out of them by screaming and flopping around on the ground pretending they're "slain in the spirit"
The Bible says
1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and
one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;
They claim to be the Bride of Christ yet they have annointed themselves as paper popes claiming to speak for God...they put themselves up as infallible interpreters of scripture.
It's called spiritual adultery and fornication...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457524 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>=======
I have heard of James the son of Zebedee. James the son of Alpheus James("James the Just")and James the father of Judas (not Judas Iscariot)in the Bible. I never heard of James Bond.
Are you "familiar" with this James?

He might have been yet another Jew to abandon Judaism to in turn become a Catholic bishop. Why he was up on a Jewish temple in the first place is another one of those untold mysteries that the Catholic theologians neglected to explain.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. James the Less, Apostle. There is some question about the identity of James the less. According to legend, he was a relative of Jesus and the first bishop of Jerusalem. His death occurred when, having survived being hurled from the roof of a temple, he was beaten to death by an enraged mob with a club or fuller's bat.

Location hidden

#457525 Jun 29, 2013
Robert F SEE THIS PAD!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Well hello Robert. And greetings to you!
I agree that organized religion is built on fear.
Trust does not fear the hereafter. And trust does not have a need to preach about what ignorance can not know. Trust is about believing in something awesome, without a need to understand. It is akin to throwing a spiritual rope into the sky, and trusting that it will attach to something incomprehensibly beautiful. The rope will never break, because the trust will never be betrayed.
Just my belief.
Hello June

The way you use the word "trusting" in the above "and trusting that it will attach to something", is more akin to "hoping".

The basic problem as I see it is a question of balancing religion and education. Organized religion can serve as teaching tool, but in the end it all comes down to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So, what we need especially here in the States is education.

I am afraid that I have some rather "startling" news. As of late, I have been courting atheism! Yea....Surprise!

It was probably only a matter of time. But in my thinking now it is the only way to be open minded and objective....

Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#457526 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.
How so?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#457527 Jun 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if that is true how come you or anyone else can not prove me wrong? what you guys do is hide for a day or two when a truthful question comes your way, you hide and hope people forget the question, then you come back. hoping no one remembers the question, what you and your catholic friends fear is truth, outside of catholic web sites you have no history whatsoever to prove anything the church teaches is of any religious value. stealing, killing, torturing, molesting, fraud, and who knows what other things their involved in. that is your church. tell me, where did the riches of the catholic church come from, and you can not use a catholic web site.....lets see how you do with a wet paper bag Anthony.
The teachings have much value. The Church teaches that stealing, killing, torturing, molesting, fraud is a sin and can lead to eternal damnation. Most faithful Catholics obey these teachings and avoid the sins. Some (including some in the leadership) don't obey these teachings. They will receive their just punishment.

How much money do you think the Catholic Church has?

Location hidden

#457528 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're most welcome! Robert was very generous in his response saying that those personal attacks against him give him an opportunity to practice virtue. He holds no animosity against his accusers. Nevertheless, I know he believes in God and am not afraid to take his back when he's being attacked. Too many people don't want to get involved, but I don't go for that nonsense. That's why there's so much evil around, everybody's afraid to speak up.
there are no personality attacks against this troll that you know as Robert F. His words, his own words in fact, indict him as a very unstable person..

Robert F

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Well hello Robert. And greetings to you!
I agree that organized religion is built on fear.
Trust does not fear the hereafter. And trust does not have a need to preach about what ignorance can not know. Trust is about believing in something awesome, without a need to understand. It is akin to throwing a spiritual rope into the sky, and trusting that it will attach to something incomprehensibly beautiful. The rope will never break, because the trust will never be betrayed.
Just my belief.
Hello June

The way you use the word "trusting" in the above "and trusting that it will attach to something", is more akin to "hoping".

The basic problem as I see it is a question of balancing religion and education. Organized religion can serve as teaching tool, but in the end it all comes down to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So, what we need especially here in the States is education.

I am afraid that I have some rather "startling" news. As of late, I have been courting atheism! Yea....Surprise! It was probably only a matter of time. But in my thinking now it is the only way to be open minded and objective....

Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592... .

now it is really open minded to be an atheist and disregard the Love of God, in your life, isn't it?.

ONLY YOU AND PAD WOULD APPRECIATE THIS MARLARKY FROM THIS TROLL

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457529 Jun 29, 2013
The theologians gave followers the idea from the bible that violence was normal everyday stuff.

Biblical characters were always busy getting kicked and beaten and killed and evil was everywhere to be found.

The meek and loving Jesus was preaching that if people didn't believe in him they were destined to burn in hell. Meanwhile his dad was sending the souls to burn in hell.

The bible is a living riot of violence.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#457530 Jun 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no he didn't as I said peter never was in Rome, study the writings of Paul and you'll see peters name is not there as far as any church goes.
You still can't research your way out of a wet paper bag.

Hey jethro, you don't believe in God or the bible, why does anything St. Paul say carry any weight with you? Or is this Catholic-baiting just your way of dealing with your ex dumping you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 22 min Mary joe 3
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE