Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,394
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457472 Jun 29, 2013
The secret to staying alive under religious rule was to do as the theologians in power ordered was the righteous path.

It's just a pity that their paths were stained with so much blood of victims.

"Truth" always has a high price on its "head."

sarcasm intended

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457473 Jun 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
First Regina..I made it quite clear that I Left. I did everything I was supposed to by rote but had not the heartfelt saving grace..
However when I finally turned to Him ..it was nit by a feel good church .
It is a personal relationship eith my Lord and Saviour..And only GOD knows, who and who does not nit have that saving grace.
Not your church and respectfully NOT YOU.
I am Orthodox.Sure people see the "rituals". However what it is all about is Personal Relationship with Christ. Without that the rituals are empty.For many people.Christ is in my heart.He is with me by my side through the joys and the heartaches of life- and I have had many of both. This in fact is what the "Born Agains" can offer the Catholic and the Orthodox.Personal Relationsjip with Christ. Though many Orthodox do not know it, that is the bottom line of Orthodoxy- Theosis.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#457474 Jun 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no he didn't as I said peter never was in Rome, study the writings of Paul and you'll see peters name is not there as far as any church goes.
Just as I mentioned in my former post...about the BLOODLESS COMMUNION

...If an air plane was put together (WITH OUT A SCHEMATIC OR SPECIFIC PLAN )

AS the Roman Catholic Church

has attempted to throw their religious system together.

.IT WOULDN'T FLY EITHER ...

~~~

IF NOAH (IN BUILDING THE ARK) HAD DISREGARDED GOD'S INSTRUCTION ...

AS THE ROMAN CATASTROPHIC

CHURCH FOLLOWS GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS ...IT WOULD NEVER HAD OUT LASTED THE

STORM.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457475 Jun 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Slander? Instead I should let you ridicule us and be silent.When anyone does not let you do this with impunity, then you are "alandered". Doesnt work any more.As far as posting to me,Im cool with Anthony, Clay and Hojo, even though Clay and Hojo go back and forth with my wife and sometimes me. First of all she can take care of herself. Secondly they pose an argument, not a twisted post of misquotes, lies, insults and abuse- you and DustStorms particular forte.Hope you make the cover of Catholic Today, which appears to be your goal.
I have to agree with that. The other Catholic's here do not personally attack us with insults and name calling as she is so famous for. She makes the other Catholic's in this forum look bad.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#457476 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised at your reply, but I never said everyone who is not in His Church, nor am I choosing for God. That's what you are reading into it. This is one reason why I don't like communicating on these message boards.
You are the one who put down our word usage in trying to describe an experience without words to fully describe it .

And that we do not "experience " the Eucharist.

I said all who have accepted Jesus,as Saviour through the Redemption of His,blood on the Cross..can be truly saved no matter what denomination
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#457477 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>Slander? Instead I should let you ridicule us and be silent.When anyone does not let you do this with impunity, then you are "alandered". Doesnt work any more.As far as posting to me,Im cool with Anthony, Clay and Hojo, even though Clay and Hojo go back and forth with my wife and sometimes me. First of all she can take care of herself. Secondly they pose an argument, not a twisted post of misquotes, lies, insults and abuse- you and DustStorms particular forte.Hope you make the cover of Catholic Today, which appears to be your goal.
Look, I said I wasn't going to argue with you and I'm not. If you were honest you would look to when and where this all started.....Seraphima's post that the Church was an abortion and the Bride of Frankenstein.

You both expected *us* to be silent, to let her say what she will without impunity. You have to defend her, she's your wife. I don't expect anything less from you. None of us does.

That's about the size of it.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#457478 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>==========
CLAY
This belief has changed. The Bishops hold their jurisdiction directly from God. The old belief was not Dogma.
Is that you in the icon HS? If so you are a handsome bugger,than again most Greeks are good looking.You look great!

#457479 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But when you get to heaven you will have NO say in any matter whatsoever, and for you to stop preaching would be a "miracle."
So when "god" performs THAT miracle ... I suggest you don't be surprised.
:)
~~~

WHY WOULD i NEED TO HAVE A SAY...

i HAVE GOD'S PROMISE (THAT HE HAS KEPT FOR 79 YEARS)

AND WILL FAITHFULLY CONTINUE IN HEAVEN...

Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your/my need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR god!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#457480 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>I am Orthodox.Sure people see the "rituals". However what it is all about is Personal Relationship with Christ. Without that the rituals are empty.For many people.Christ is in my heart.He is with me by my side through the joys and the heartaches of life- and I have had many of both. This in fact is what the "Born Agains" can offer the Catholic and the Orthodox.Personal Relationsjip with Christ. Though many Orthodox do not know it, that is the bottom line of Orthodoxy- Theosis.
Exactly and thank you.

I have been told on Topix that we cannot really know God unless we are,Catholic..And personally been called a,faux Christian .

Do its kind of a touchy subject..But the thing is I believe as I have said in detail on this thread that Our Saviour has used ALL of us ..different times and places...different denominations or none at all..to spread His Gloriuis message.

He calls us where He finds,us. And that is,100 percent His prerogative.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#457481 Jun 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been stalked and harassed ..am I supposed to call the p olice
Really.
As,long as,it's,words on a public forum ..I doubt Topix or anyone in authority cares..
Imo
S
don't know what you mean by damage..
Personally as,nasty as this site can get ...And your thread here is tame..I woukd think they have better to do than monitor us.
Though religioun is a sticky subject nowadays
I can only go by what I've read and there have been some serious problems that had to be taken outside of topix. It's pretty easy to see why. As I said, they were investigated and I think some states are keeping an eye out, albeit only an occasional one. There are personal suits as well, quite a few from what I've read. That's where the monitoring comes in, or lack thereof. There are also threads where people can post to monitors but from what I could tell they were useless. You're right, this thread seems pretty tame compared to some of them.

Location hidden

#457482 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I said I wasn't going to argue with you and I'm not. If you were honest you would look to when and where this all started.....Seraphima's post that the Church was an abortion and the Bride of Frankenstein.
You both expected *us* to be silent, to let her say what she will without impunity. You have to defend her, she's your wife. I don't expect anything less from you. None of us does.
I dont HAVE TO defend my wife. The simple fact is she is God's blessing to this earth, she saves my life, she is the most compassionate person I have ever met,and as a Christian, she makes you look like Moe of the Three Stooges putting fingers in everyones' eyes.It didnt start with her comment. Do you remember posting many many months ago how you felt we were so dirty that you wanted to take a bath after reading our posts.Or did the Spanish Inquisitor do that and you are innocent?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#457483 Jun 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want Jethro8! Makes no difference to me!!...I'll continue as always,(as millions adn millions of other Catholics also do) to stick with over 2000 years of the Proven, authenticated and verifiable TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible by the Early Church Fathers (who gave you Protestants) the bible that so editoralize, and mis-interpret to your own "destruction"!.... Rather than waste my time discussing or debating ridiculous "bible only (self opinionated) Protestant" nonsense---my time is much "better spent" at Daily Mass, reading and studying the scriptures, receiving Christs TRUE Body and Blood (daily) in the Eucharist, receiving the Sacraments and in the Eucharistic Adoration Prayer Chapel (each night) praying for the TRUE CONVERSION and SALVATION IN JESUS CHRIST---- of bible only (catholic bashing) Protestants, atheists and agnostics,
your right in the fact that you have "ONLY" true church history, outside of any teachings and writings from church leaders, you have no history at all to support yours and the Vatican's phony belief they are the true church, when they have done more to disgrace god an Jesus than any other church on earth...read history from outside sources and you will not find one ounce of truth anywhere that supports the churches position except it is corrupted and a perverted church, out for nothing but power, money, and total control of the religious world, but thanks to their own stupidity, they won't be around much longer. last I heard was 1 billion an counting. good thing for the church there are third world countries that don't know the truth behind the church, that is why they are going there recruiting for the church, trying to rebuild their dwindling bank accounts, using poor people to try and rebuild the church,taking their last dollar and giving them nothing in return.

Location hidden

#457484 Jun 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Is that you in the icon HS? If so you are a handsome bugger,than again most Greeks are good looking.You look great!
Yeah thats when I was in a mental institution and I look a lot like this guy Jack Nicholson LOL

Location hidden

#457485 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What I post on this forum about my beliefs of the catholic church has nothing to do with YOUR personal insults to me.I have not personally called you names.Defend your church but do it without the attack on me personally.Call the orthodox church the bride of frankenstien or anything else you wish.......but it is You that started the personal attacks on myself which are childess.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457486 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Try this on for size...MARK "Jesus who came from Nazareth" Is that not what it says?
A simple [yes] or [no] is all that is needed.
What year was "Mark" said to be written?
Black Thunder 42:

Yes.

It seems no two "scholars" agree. So a sort of blurred approximation is generally given of about 70 CE. So, I have my doubts about that....I suspect it was written, and collected over a period of time by Mark.(The amount of that time, I do not know.)

By the way, I am from Burbank, CA. But I was born in Hollywood, CA.)

#457487 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me?? You've gone way too far this time, Herme. Now you've crossed the line. Your slander and accusations about me are going to stop right now. I refuse to argue with either one of you anymore.
You should not have attack them to start with...

But I guess you just cannot help yourself...

Jer_13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Location hidden

#457488 Jun 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Is that you in the icon HS? If so you are a handsome bugger,than again most Greeks are good looking.You look great!
Yes he is a handsome bugger that's why I married him!!!! You should see him dance! OPA!!!

Location hidden

#457489 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah thats when I was in a mental institution and I look a lot like this guy Jack Nicholson LOL
That's where me met sugar, remember? I was your nurse!

Location hidden

#457490 Jun 29, 2013
Gotta run. getting the house ready for a visit from my sister whom I haven't seen in 15 years! I am sooooo excited!!!!!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457491 Jun 29, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christianity does not teach Muslims will burn in hell."
Obviously not, islam didn't exist when the bible was written,but don't pretend you've never heard a christian say that muslims,or any other group of religiots that don't swallow the same trash as they do,will burn in hell.
I've been told by countless religiots that I will burn in hell,but that's okay,what ever turns them on.
Atheist Silurist:

But Mohammed knew about Christianity(so-called Christianity) from a gnostic heretical sect of Christianity in Syria. It is there, that he incorporated the idea of a heresy into the Quran, which he wrote.

Lol... And I have been told by by anti-religious atheists that I will not go to heaven! I'm okay with what they want to think. I try and give them the respect they deserve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 2 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 8,718
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web