Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692194 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457293 Jun 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's good to hear! Every time she posts, they suddenly appear. Am pleased it's not her.
Not entirely accurate though. I know there's a way it 'can' be done as I've seen people do it, and people have posted about it on other forums, but I don't know how and, frankly, most of us haven't used them in a long time. They're time consuming and childish. Not sure why Topix put them there in the first place.
So glad to hear life is treating you well! Yes, indeed, it is grand!! Keep up the positive attitude!
Thanks Regina. Grandson is here.he is 11 monts. I am teaching him karate LOL He just yells Hi-YAHHHHHH and hits things LOL

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#457294 Jun 28, 2013
KMarie....Is there something about my question you don't understand???

KM... Since you cannot support, per Scripture, your erroneous belief on original, try this one...

In the Garden of Eden....there were Adam and Eve...which of these two was the first one to commit sin by disobeying God..

Ge 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457295 Jun 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"Try this on for size...MARK "Jesus who came from Nazareth" Is that not what it says?
A simple [yes] or [no] is all that is needed.
What year was "Mark" said to be written?
What are you saying?
KM
Exactly what it says...

who="Black Thunder 42"Try this on for size...MARK "Jesus who came from Nazareth" Is that not what it says? A simple [yes] or [no] is all that is needed. What year was "Mark" said to be written?
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Location hidden

#457296 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been receiving the chalice in every mass, weekday and Sunday for a number of years in my parish.
If the Catholics base their practice of eating what they say is the actual body of Christ, and drinking the what they say is the actual blood of Christ...why did it take them that long to "get it right"...

Did not Christ say "eat my body AND drink my blood????

When I were a Catholic...the congregation only got the "body"...why were they not also given the "blood"????
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#457297 Jun 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Make that a Catholic cannibal....because that is the very act you people do when you eat, gnaw, chew, what you say is the actual flesh of Christ.
Um, I didn't say it, Jesus did. Your beef is with Jesus.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#457298 Jun 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
<quoted text>
Hey, hoblo, just answer the questions. You seem to the the historian at large on this forum. If you can't answer the questions we understand. We realize you cannot speak without saying there are 38,000, 40,000 or 42,000 denominations in nearly every sentence. Show us you can think for a change. Just answer these very simple questions.
1. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today?
2. If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome?
3. Why the change?
4. Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican?
5. Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear?
6. How about the capes?
7. Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity?
8. Has anyone seen them fly?
it was moved to take advantage of the roman empire, they were protected by them, and received (stole) gold, silver, land, a church (Antioch),and other possessions, to finance their country/church. since Vatican city is considered a country, it should pay as all countries do, to help each other out, allegedly.

usa

#457299 Jun 28, 2013
hojo wrote:

<quoted text>
The only thing that makes sense to you is your "Editorialized,(bible only) inconsistent, relative truth, contradicting Protestant "Church History Book" that changes whenever and whichever direction the "wind blows"!
That does not qualify for a response...try again....
jethro: he has no idea he is speaking about the p/c church. how sad. difference is, they change direction faster than the wind.

usa

#457300 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo is more than capable, but I'll take a shot.
1. Yes. It's undeniable historical fact.
2. No one "moved" it. Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church in Rome. See St. Paul's epistle to the Romans and the Petrine epistles if you need further clarification..
3. The center was not "moved". Jerusalem was in shambles. The Romans had crushed every little bit of insurrection, the zealots, the Jews, Christians and anyone who didn't worship their gods. The center of the world was Rome, the best place to spread the gospel. Sts. Peter and Paul,in Rome, laid hands on and ordained bishops to take the reigns from them. That 'laying on of hands" has continued in an unbroken lineage to this very day...in Rome.
4. No focus on Rome, the Bishop of Rome just happens to be located there....in Rome, and in the same location where Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome. The historical accounts. which are undeniable, show the Catholic Church in Rome to be an early leader of the (universal) Catholic Church because of her preeminence (founded by Sts. Peter and Paul).
5. No. These are liturgical head-coverings worn just as the Jewish high priests wore liturgical head-coverings.
6. Capes? The founders of protestantism would be apalled seeing your preachers in jeans and tee shirts bouncing all over your stages. Are you a fashionista?
7. Pretty cute deacon.
8. Really cute deacon. I'll bet you get your congregants rolling in the pews during your Sunday meetings/comedy shows.
#2 peter was never in Rome.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457301 Jun 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging from the icons she gives you, I guess she doesn't like your posts! She does the same thing to all of mine, Hojo's and Dust Storm's. She's afraid of Anthony, lol. Even if we post Scripture, she doesn't like that either...gee, I wonder why, lol!
Maybe if we throw holy water on the screen she'll melt away.
Okay, get ready for it....
:)
So now your a fortune teller...I don't give two hoots about those judges as you do regina.Do you remember telling me over the phone that you know how to change them? So I think those judges mean a whole lot more to you.Do you think for one moment that I am the only one posting on this forum? There are others here that disagree with Catholic's here.As far as the holy water Regina, you need a U-Haul truck load dumped on you.You are nothing but a trouble maker and cyber bully...that's the way you feel important is to personally attack.Its those personal attacks that you Catholic's make on someone, as those famous name calling and belittling that you guys love to do,is what make people dislike and not trust you.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#457302 Jun 28, 2013
OldJG wrote: Jesus HUMAN body was merely HUMAN! What else would His HUMAN body be other than merely HUMAN?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was merely human?
It's yes or no, Ox.
Hey stupid, does the sentence say "Jesus was merely human?" Yes or no. Can you read or are not illiterate as well as ignorant. Try reading my sentence again. This time read it very slow so your slow Roman brain can take the words in.

Remember, V E R Y SSSS LLLL OOOO WWWW.

Here we gooooooo.....Jesus HUMAN body was merely HUMAN! What else would His HUMAN body be other than merely HUMAN?

Was Jesus HUMAN BODY something other than merely HUMAN?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#457303 Jun 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness, I've not seen that one yet. But in spite of it all, it's still the church Christ founded, the faith has remained pure even if some of the practices haven't and I'm optimistic about the future as far as they go. As an aside, I hope "Just Sayin" takes your advice and spends time before the Blessed Sacrament. I went this afternoon for a bit and was able to do something I just couldn't bring myself to do prior to that. It was all Him, Anthony, I couldn't have done it otherwise. I'm still shocked. Given my frame of mind, it was a minor miracle.
I'm glad for you. My weekly hour coincides with confession times AND mass right after. It's the best 2 hours of my week.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#457304 Jun 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>#2 peter was never in Rome.
You couldn't research your way out if a wet paper bag. Hey jethro, June is looking for her little buddy.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#457305 Jun 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>So now your a fortune teller...I don't give two hoots about those judges as you do regina.Do you remember telling me over the phone that you know how to change them? So I think those judges mean a whole lot more to you.Do you think for one moment that I am the only one posting on this forum? There are others here that disagree with Catholic's here.As far as the holy water Regina, you need a U-Haul truck load dumped on you.You are nothing but a trouble maker and cyber bully...that's the way you feel important is to personally attack.Its those personal attacks that you Catholic's make on someone, as those famous name calling and belittling that you guys love to do,is what make people dislike and not trust you.
My friend told me how to make holy water.

You boil the hell out of it.

Location hidden

#457306 Jun 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, apparently you are nothing more than a cannibal eating the flesh of another human being. Good job! LOL LOL LOL
What happens to the "beloved eucharist" when you poop? When it looks back at you from the stool is it still Jesus? LOL LOL
I could not have said it better!!!! And we all know that after the stool comes the flushing to you know where....

What a disgrace!!!!!

Location hidden

#457307 Jun 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>#2 peter was never in Rome.
That's ironic ..
Peter wouldn't even eat in the company of gentiles, and refused to even help them...yet he establishes a church in "Rome" with Paul?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457308 Jun 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholics base their practice of eating what they say is the actual body of Christ, and drinking the what they say is the actual blood of Christ...why did it take them that long to "get it right"...
Did not Christ say "eat my body AND drink my blood????
When I were a Catholic...the congregation only got the "body"...why were they not also given the "blood"????
Wouldn't that be like French kissing the whole congregation twice a week?
I mean that not literally, but the passing of contaminated saliva would propagate pestillence like wildfire. Imagen 1.2 billion people doing this twice a week.

Location hidden

#457309 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You received the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ in the Eucharist nonetheless.
Horse hairs.....

He said this is my body while holding the bread and while holding the cup He said this is my blood...two separate and distinctly different things....

So, when I and others received the host, I well remember the words "Body of Christ"...he did not say "Body and blood of Christ"...

So, I ask again...why only the "body" and not the "blood" to the congregation...if, they were following the commands of Christ????

Location hidden

#457310 Jun 28, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend told me how to make holy water.
You boil the hell out of it.
Hahahahah!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457311 Jun 28, 2013
who="Oxbow" KMarie....Is there something about my question you don't understand???
KM... Since you cannot support, per Scripture, your erroneous belief on original, try this one...
In the Garden of Eden....there were Adam and Eve...which of these two was the first one to commit sin by disobeying God..
Ge 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

Eve was the first one to eat of the fruit, then she gave some to Adam, and he ate.

1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.(Adam was not deceived...he KNEW that he was not to eat the fruit. Apparently Eve, being deceived, was not aware of the command, but "was in the transgression" because she shared in the act.)

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, EVEN OVER THEM THAT HAD NOT SINNED after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

All of us are born with the carnal (flesh-like) or 'sin' nature. No one of us is born a saint in the flesh. The smallest child will tell a lie (some never quit). All of us are guilty of anger, pouting, quarrelsomeness, vengefulness, etc.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#457312 Jun 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse hairs.....
He said this is my body while holding the bread and while holding the cup He said this is my blood...two separate and distinctly different things....
So, when I and others received the host, I well remember the words "Body of Christ"...he did not say "Body and blood of Christ"...
So, I ask again...why only the "body" and not the "blood" to the congregation...if, they were following the commands of Christ????
Jesus is fully present in the smallest particle or drop of either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 9 hr Yeshua wasIS God ... 8
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web