Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667516 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457250 Jun 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, on both counts. I can understand the need for them as far as the sick and elderly go, but they're over-utilized, at least in my diocese. But, as you said, things are changing and some of these practices will eventually fade away. And *practices* they are. Not dogma.
ReginaM:

I think in our small parish church, they are not really necessary, but on the counter-side of the point, it gives the priest a lot more time for his homily.( A lot more!) And I think the people really need to hear more....

I notice different patterns in how the EMs are trained. In our parish church, it is very ordered. In some they are not.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#457251 Jun 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have missed a post to me sorry...
And if you are,asking if I left the Church yes
For a long time ..But through God's mercy and love a nd th e leading of the Holy Spirit ..I found a heartfelt belief in My Saviour ...I h e found Him and He me..
As the Shepherd who loses,a sheep..Will go to great lengths to find it and bring it back.
Thank God He is patient!!!!
That's okay, I thought that might have been you with a different name but wanted to be sure.

Yes, I know you left the Church. My question was about leaving Jesus in the Eucharist, how you felt about doing that? I can't imagine doing it myself, and have wondered how others can. Is it that you didn't really believe in the Real Presence to being with?

God has been patient with me, too!

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457252 Jun 28, 2013
If Jesus lived, he had to be short of the all-powerful sinister undertakings of his Jewish father in Olam Haba.

After all, Jesus would have done away with hell in a hereafter, if he had had the power, as Jesus was here to teach us all the meaning of love ... was he NOT???

The dogmas are stupid, just as were the people that created them.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457253 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But your Christianity teaches that Muslims will burn in Christian hell.
Do you believe your own religion to be based on truth or a lie?
June:

I don't accept/believe your definition of Christianity, and religion. So I don't agree with you.

First, Christianity does not teach Muslims will burn in hell.

Secondly, I do believe my religion is based on/in/for the Truth. If I didn't, then I would be deceiving myself, or lying.

Quesnel, Canada

#457254 Jun 28, 2013
Jews adhere to the words of Jewish theologians.

Muslims adhere to the words of Muslim theologians.

Catholics adhere to the words of Catholic theologians.

And Protestants adhere to the words of Protestant theologians.

And they all cry comparable to babies about who the supposed SAME god loves and who the god will disown or burn in hell.

Is stupid forever???
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457255 Jun 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Silurist:
You were told you were born a rotten sinner? Definitely not an ideal doctrine.
Rather hyperbolic, and misunderstood.
Consider you were wounded instead by sin, and asked if you want to be well.
What is it,are we born with out sin,with sin and if we are wounded by sin,what did jesus die for again? or did he die at all?
This christianity shit is rather confusing,it's no wonder why there has been so much sectarian murder over it.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457256 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be SO silly. Catholicism is religion!!!
June:

There are many religions. People worshipping their pets and idols.

Christianity worships God.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457257 Jun 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're interested in what the Apostles taught about the Eucharist, you can read what their Disciples wrote.
Here is what the Bishop of Antioch, Disciple of John learned:
"They refrain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ; Flesh which suffered and died for our sins and the Father, in His Goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift our perishing in their disputes"
Wikipedia.org/Wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
please provide Biblical evidence that these men were taught by any Apostle.John Never speaks the name of any person who was with him.

so I think that you and this person are liars, unless you can provide otherwise.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457258 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I studied the bible for years before I realized by trying to find truth in that stupid book, I WAS being a moron!
Observe you right-fighters ... picking each other's interpretations words apart and putting your own interpretations of the same words up on pedestals.
It doesn't get more moronic than THAT!
Don't knock it June!
We're mak'n a fortune sell'n custom painted soapboxes and 24 KARAT gold plated KAZOOS an stuff! I'm hav'n 3 inch pin on buttons what says Orthydox an cathaholic on 'em as we speak.. I got's a couple o' Darth Nader costumes left over ta rent too, fer them what likes ta say[I am yer fodder]! We's hav'n a special on "Ripple" fer them what don't git 'nuff vino at the Eucharest partys. We had ta stop giv'n out them plastic megaphones cuz some fella smacked one o' the parcipitants in the head an knocked his wig off...
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457259 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Jesus lived, he had to be short of the all-powerful sinister undertakings of his Jewish father in Olam Haba.
After all, Jesus would have done away with hell in a hereafter, if he had had the power, as Jesus was here to teach us all the meaning of love ... was he NOT???
The dogmas are stupid, just as were the people that created them.
"The dogmas are stupid, just as were the people that created"

Hey, we can't really be dumb if we're just following god's orders
Well let's get serious, god knows what he's doin'
He wrote this book here and the book says, "He made us all to be just like him"
So, if we're dumb, then god is dumb and maybe even a little ugly on the side
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Frank Zappa

Quesnel, Canada

#457260 Jun 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR PROFANITIES don't shock me...
I spent 16 years working among Roman Catholics....
But you didn't spend time working around John Calvin the Protestant Puritan preacher ... did YOU??? His life of preaching was one profanity after another.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.

(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457261 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What about people who have never even heard of jesus?
Atheist Silurist:

It depends on what you mean by "heard".

Some people have ears, but never hear. Just not interested.

Others are interested. It is more a matter of conscience. And so they "hear" the message, though not with earthly ears.

The message of Jesus is to love God and one another. Those who hear and do it, are doing what God demonstrates for us by His Actual Presence, Jesus Christ.

I consider myself among the blessed(happy), and fortunate to have heard with earthly ears.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457262 Jun 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Clay....
And there it is!!!
I told you she would do it, she always does, little baby.
Little info... Sera has not been on computer all day.First taking care of me (medical),then take the dogs out, feed the animals,cooked breakfast, then to the doctors for an ultrasound, visit my grandson.ome at 5.Called me several times to check up on me.

Sera told me that when they spoke on the phone Regina told her that she knows how to changes judgies.

Sera is here not with my grandson... Aint life grand!!!!! Praise God!!!
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457263 Jun 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I don't accept/believe your definition of Christianity, and religion. So I don't agree with you.
First, Christianity does not teach Muslims will burn in hell.
Secondly, I do believe my religion is based on/in/for the Truth. If I didn't, then I would be deceiving myself, or lying.
"Christianity does not teach Muslims will burn in hell."

Obviously not, islam didn't exist when the bible was written,but don't pretend you've never heard a christian say that muslims,or any other group of religiots that don't swallow the same trash as they do,will burn in hell.

I've been told by countless religiots that I will burn in hell,but that's okay,what ever turns them on.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#457264 Jun 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM:
I think in our small parish church, they are not really necessary, but on the counter-side of the point, it gives the priest a lot more time for his homily.( A lot more!) And I think the people really need to hear more....
I notice different patterns in how the EMs are trained. In our parish church, it is very ordered. In some they are not.
That's a good point, never thought of it that way. My home parish is large, most of the parishes around here are, so communion would take quite a while without the ministry, but I've never been a big fan of receiving from them. I can see the need for them to take the Eucharist to hospital patients, nursing homes, the home bound, etc., but I think the priests have gotten a little lazy over the years.

You're right about the training/order. The only time I've ever noticed a problem is around the holidays, but even that's rare. There was someone who used to post here who was an EM. She came from a very tiny parish and some of the things she told me sounded kind of 'off'. I think too much was left in the hands of the laity in that case.

There are some who can't abide dogma; they make it sound like a dirty word. But the early Church died for that dogma. Without it there would be chaos. Exactly what happened with protestantism, everybody doing their own thing, all claiming belief in Jesus is all that's necessary and the rest is anybody's guess. No thank you!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457265 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's defending it?
You asked why the state was on the hook and I showed you why.
Facts are what they are, even if they wreck your message board argument.
Buck up.
That is absolutely ludicrous!
The very individuals who were abused, will be forced to pay FOR that abuse.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457266 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think silence is a good space to be in ... why do you keep posting?
After all, you are not here to proselytize your Catholic religion as the only "truth" on earth ... ARE you?
:)
June:

My vocation was not to become a monk, living in silence.(Though I desire it at time.)

In my youth, I desired to go and experience, of which I now share.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#457267 Jun 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Nice explanations.
It goes to the question,"Shall we allow the world to define religion?"
And does that then define us, or merely make a straw-man argument?
Glad you found them interesting. Father Barron is excellent!
He puts the "religion" naysayers in their proper place. Only those who have no understanding decry it. Christianity is not, nor ever was, Jesus, the Bible, and me. Never.

Quesnel, Canada

#457268 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it,are we born with out sin,with sin and if we are wounded by sin,what did jesus die for again? or did he die at all?
This christianity shit is rather confusing,it's no wonder why there has been so much sectarian murder over it.
And don't forget that there could BE no sin if the supposed god had not created Adam and Eve. An all-knowing god would KNOW that created up-coming sinners!

Mental food for idiots.

Quesnel, Canada

#457269 Jun 28, 2013
that HE had created up-coming sinners!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 8 hr Rose_NoHo 193
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Sat Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web