Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599875 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457023 Jun 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Say no more Clay....."ALMOST always on Sundays says it all! Believe the man "behind the curtain" after all "there's no place like home"
Heh heh...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457024 Jun 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Thunder,your beng judged for being YOu not what you say..lol...it happens to me all the time now.Wanna take a guess?? LOL.....if you say BOO you will be judged mean on that lol It says a lot doesn't it....
Ya. It does.
You are the "Todo" don't ya know!
~Snicker~
truth

Perth, Australia

#457025 Jun 27, 2013
Jesus Christ exist..liked or not..does meter what others enemy of Christ think.
truth

Perth, Australia

#457026 Jun 27, 2013
Partrijarh reject mother Mary..remember its not '?'
about marriage..its followers of Jesus Christ teaching.
How many Jesus Christ first discipline been married?

No Jesus don't say nothing about that who can or who can't..followers of Christianity follow Paul and Peter teaching.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457027 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. It does.
You are the "Todo" don't ya know!
~Snicker~
Bow wow....lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#457028 Jun 27, 2013
its not god change weather in canada..noooooooo

whether pattern..in USA and Canada will be temperature or weather like in Australia..
seeeeeeeeeeee

but that's not god..noooooooo

fallen one first coming
o well
you are god for yourself
about what
changing weather pattern time and history

no i don't care to much
not any more
truth

Perth, Australia

#457029 Jun 27, 2013
its will be miracle like never before..yep
fallen oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457030 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I excerpted a section that I hope is pertinent to your question:
'The immunity from original sin was given to Mary by a singular exemption from a universal law through the same merits of Christ, by which other men are cleansed from sin by baptism. Mary needed the redeeming Saviour to obtain this exemption, and to be delivered from the universal necessity and debt (debitum) of being subject to original sin. The person of Mary, in consequence of her origin from Adam, should have been subject to sin, but, being the new Eve who was to be the mother of the new Adam, she was, by the eternal counsel of God and by the merits of Christ, withdrawn from the general law of original sin. Her redemption was the very masterpiece of Christ's redeeming wisdom. He is a greater redeemer who pays the debt that it may not be incurred than he who pays after it has fallen on the debtor.'
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm
Don't you ever get dizzy when you spin yarns such as you just come up with...here?

You've got more baloney with you than Lebanon..has...
truth

Perth, Australia

#457031 Jun 27, 2013
now about professing yourself its look as full..

estimate
aeiou
aeioustaeioumaeioutaeiou=estim ate
as time
see
Did you see what is front of your nos..n;os
see pyramid
see
3x circle around line pyramid eyes stay one top both
one 11 and 5 o'clock other 1 and 7 o'clock down 12 and 6 try drove as geometry on paper..don't attack foolishness=god foolishness is bigger than any smart human..
we say
ucen u ljubavi skucen=people with diploma can't love
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457032 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
During my 40 years as a Catholic, when taking communion, myself and all of the congregation so partaking, only got the host(so said the body of Christ)....why was that????
I though Christ spoke of His body and His blood...did He not say "This is my body" and when taking the cup, did He not say "This is my blood"....
The wine was for backstage parties.
truth

Perth, Australia

#457033 Jun 27, 2013
try as child as loving child talk with someone who is wise..
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457034 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to theologians, Jesus demands that all people believe in him or burn in hell.
Your theology is of your OWN flavor. But that is nothing new with humans and religion. That is why there are approximately 38,000 denominations of Christianity, with people in each group all bragging that they know the truth.
Why don't you stop being a moron, read the Bible and see if it's true?
truth

Perth, Australia

#457035 Jun 27, 2013
you can't earn that..how you call that=Mercy
its written who is Merciful
roman 4;5

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457036 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a coward....that is why you are not answering my question...what do you call a person that eats human flesh???
Cannibal
CANNIBAL, n. A human being that east human flesh; a man-eater, or anthropophagite.

Location hidden

#457037 Jun 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibal
CANNIBAL, n. A human being that east human flesh; a man-eater, or anthropophagite.
Exactly!!!! Ant knows it, he knows I know he knows, I know he knows I know he knows.....but he suffers from a severe case of egotism...he can't admit it to me...

Location hidden

#457038 Jun 27, 2013
Is The Eucharist Really Christ's Body and Blood?

By Archbishop Michael J. Sheehan

May 1995 issue of The People of God

Newspaper of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe, N.M.
AN ALARMING GALLUP POLL

Recently, a Gallup poll was taken on Catholic attitudes toward Holy Communion. The poll showed serious confusion among Catholics about one of the most basic beliefs of the Church.

Only 30 percent of those surveyed believe they are actually receiving the Body and Blood, soul and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ under the appearance of bread and wine.

29 percent think they are receiving bread and wine which symbolize the spirit and teachings of Jesus and, in so doing, are expressing their attachment to His person and words.

10 percent understand their action to be receiving bread and wine in which Jesus is present.

and 23 percent hold that they are receiving what has become the Body and Blood of Christ because of their personal belief.

Any well-informed Catholic will recognize that only the first option, chosen by the 30 percent, is true Catholic teaching. The other options represent various forms of Protestant belief.

Location hidden

#457039 Jun 27, 2013
The Immaculate Conception is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, the Immaculate Conception refers to the sinless state of Mary. Pope Pius IX proclaimed this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary on December 8, 1854. Many people, Catholics included, wrongly believe that this dogma refers to the conception of Jesus Christ. But, in fact, the Immaculate Conception doctrine states that Mary, "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin." Immaculate, meaning "without stain," implies that Mary herself was preserved from original sin at conception, that she was born without a sin nature, and that she lived a sinless life.

Will a Catholic show me the Scripture that this teaching is based on????

Location hidden

#457040 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote: Book, chapter and verse where Jesus says the Lords supper is symbolic. Thanks.

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; Therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning. Unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic (self evident) and fundamental truths indicate clearly otherwise. Christ said: And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. The key to understanding the literal sense of Scripture is to distinguish between the terms literal and literalistic. Every text of Scripture has a literal sense. That is, every text of Scripture has a meaning the author intends to convey. It does not therefore follow that every text of Scripture is to be read literalistically, like a newspaper. If I tell you, "My heart is broken" I have a definite meaning I'm trying to convey: I am deeply grieved. But I am not using literalistic language to convey that meaning. I don't mean "My cardiac tissue is torn." Same with the biblical authors. They employ all sorts of linguistic tricks of the trade--poetry, history, parable, hymn, fiction, reportage, myth, argumentation, legal codes, apocalyptic--to get their various points across. But however they express themselves, they all have a meaning they intend us to get. That meaning is what is meant by the literal sense of Scripture.

Thing is....some people, as yourself, are not able to make those distinctions...

Location hidden

#457041 Jun 27, 2013
Mary she be a sinner......

There is not one Scripture given in context to show Mary is without sin. However, there is much to show the opposite. In Luke 1:46-47: After she visits Elizabeth and she is blessed she exalts the Lord saying “ My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my savior.'

Here Mary is saying that God is her personal savior, only sinners need a savior. In vs. 48 Mary states “ Henceforth all generations will call me blessed for He (God) has done great things for me and Holy is His name and His mercy is on those who fear Him.”

Notice she says, God is Holy not herself, that He will have mercy upon her. Mercy is withheld punishment, only a sinner needs the mercy of God.

It wasn’t until 1850 that the Catholic church endorsed Mary's sinlessness. Luke records by the Holy Spirit that Mary said she is a sinner by her admission in needing a savior, but the Pope says she does not.

So then the Bible would be wrong and a man called the Pope is right, it can't be both.

For whom to you vote as being right????? Hello!!!!!

Location hidden

#457042 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote: Luke 1:28. Still.
----------
Brilliant!!!! Lu 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Show me the definition of any of the words in that verse that shows as a definition/s for: Immaculate conception.....sinless state... sinless life.

Plus your NABre shows the following as companion verses.. m.[1:28] Jgs 6:12; Ru 2:4;

Jg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

So...if Lu 1:28 teaches Mary was sinless, then Gideon was also sinless!!!!

Ru 2:4 ¶ And, behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The LORD be with you. And they answered him, The LORD bless thee.

And....the reapers were also sinless!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 6 hr Chimney1 268
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 18 hr par five 84,327
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web