Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687344 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#456911 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said it was. I trust that Jesus can do anything He says. I guess you don't.
You get an F for lack of faith.
Small "f".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456912 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>couldn't have been Redeemed by Jesus yet, since he had not died yet, let alone been Born(in the flesh)..
DD
DUMMY DAN.LOL
Um, God operates out of time.

He can do as He wishes when He wishes. He did it in anticipation of the events He knew were to transpire.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456913 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't have the guts to address me personally?
It old her to shut because she tried to silence me, that is what the devil does and she acts like one.
so I speak out against your buddy, the catholic atheist, Robert F.
DID NOT JESUS TELL THE DEMONS TO SHUT UP WHEN THEY WANTED TO CALL HIM THE SON OF GOD?
God does not desire nor will he allow demons and Robert F(an atheist) speak for Him. I realized that and that is why I called her out, for her sin.
Will you able to see the fireworks next week from the window in your rubber room?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#456914 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said it was. I trust that Jesus can do anything He says. I guess you don't.
You get an F for lack of faith.
sorry that I cant grade you even lower.

YOU DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LITERAL AND FIGURITIVE.

so tell me just where the scripture states that his body was actually broken.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#456915 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I never WAS a Catholic Robert F.
More words from you on page 58
I kind of wonder about "change", is it in the genes or experience....I am old enough to learn genes go a long way in deciding things....
Actually, a lot of religous baggage I need no longer carry has made me less anxious in proving my points. And to be an atheist, I am reverting to my original childhood. That babies are atheists....It is something I read recently....But it sort of makes sense, that getting older and getting ready to return to the soil from which we all come makes us like children in the sandbox of the universe....
Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...
June:

And more interesting thoughts from page 58 from you as well...

"Some Atheists are every bit as radical as those who are in a "religious state of belief, because they want to do away with religion, which is plain silly. And some who claim religious truths want to do away with Atheism, which also is plain silly.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

In a way, I do consider as I get older, I get younger as well. Asking to "big" questions.... I look back, when middle-aged I thought more according to my personal experiences rather than accepting I did not know, or could not know everything.(Wow! What a ridiculous presumption!!)

So that is why I had to learn the hard way to be more humble.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456916 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
She was redeemed at conception, as I had posted.
She was human, not divine.
But she had nothing to be redeemed of, if she was sinless already.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456917 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I answered you before.
Humans require redemption. Mary could have chosen to never COMMIT sin and still require redemption for original sin.
But I thought she was exempt from Original Sin. If not, then she cannot have been sinless. Moreover, it's impossible for a human not to commit sin, because the Bible also has the concept of thought-crimes, which certainly cannot be avoided for an entire lifetime.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456918 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry that I cant grade you even lower.
Actually, the key word in play for you here is "substantiate".

As in, you need to "substantiate" your claim that Christ was speaking in a "figurative" manner (note the correct spelling here) in the "literal" context that such a notion is contrary to universal Christian belief and practice until the Reformation.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456919 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry that I cant grade you even lower.
"Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, Take this; this is my body."

"Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, Take, eat, this is my body"

"Then he took bread, and blessed and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, This is my body, given for you; do this for a commemoration of me."
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#456920 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't have the guts to address me personally?
It old her to shut because she tried to silence me, that is what the devil does and she acts like one.
so I speak out against your buddy, the catholic atheist, Robert F.
DID NOT JESUS TELL THE DEMONS TO SHUT UP WHEN THEY WANTED TO CALL HIM THE SON OF GOD?
God does not desire nor will he allow demons and Robert F(an atheist) speak for Him. I realized that and that is why I called her out, for her sin.
That's the second time Marge has had to rebuke you in the past few weeks. You'd do well to listen to her instead of those who laugh and egg you on lest you fall down into the pit with them. Ooops, too late.
Get off her back. She and Robert make you look like, well, exactly like what you are.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456921 Jun 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
But I thought she was exempt from Original Sin. If not, then she cannot have been sinless. Moreover, it's impossible for a human not to commit sin, because the Bible also has the concept of thought-crimes, which certainly cannot be avoided for an entire lifetime.
Still human, thus requiring salvation.

Mary avoided "thought-crimes".

Dan

Omaha, NE

#456922 Jun 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall me telling you she was redeemed at her conception.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456923 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Small "f".
lol
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#456924 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
Pathological and sociopathic minds have no balance or recognition of "justice" or "conscience"...excep t what is predetermined in it's perversion that their insanity is correct behavior. They live in unrealistic "truths", and behave accordingly abnormal. This "insanity" can be induced...religion borders on this process of misinformation, and mind seduction.
Black Thunder 42:

I am not understanding the flow of your thoughts in a logical manner, but I think I understand your intent(which is to link a pathological and sociopathic mind with religion).

You need to prove the linkage, otherwise, so it seems to me, you have an "undistributed middle" as a formal logical error(fallacy).
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456925 Jun 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Here.

Better than I can explain it. It's long but thorough.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#456926 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering what God said about her in Luke 1, I don't think anything greater could have been said about her. She is "full of grace", no way you can add more grace to someone who's already filled with grace.
So, now your bible has progressed from being "inspired" to the "actual" words of your deity huh?
Why am I not surprised....
There is no doubt that someone is full of something.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#456927 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question or go wash that egg off your face....
So...this teaching of original sin did not come from God...but it is the teaching of Acquinas???????
Oxbow:

I answered already.

You are trying to bifurcate the reasoning here.(False dilemma)

Ducks quack. God did not teach that ducks quack. So for you ducks don't quack.

You state that God doesn't teach original sin.
But if God teaches original sin via/through Acquinas, then God has taught original sin.

By your reasoning. Because God did not teach man to go to the moon. Man cannot go to the moon.

:)

I cannot reason with you at this time.

Location hidden

#456928 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, God operates out of time.
He can do as He wishes when He wishes. He did it in anticipation of the events He knew were to transpire.
Really bad apologetics...
disciple

Murrieta, CA

#456929 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible is so holy, why did Augustine find in its pages that according to god war is JUST???
The Muslims simply have another name for JUST. Rather than referring to it as "Just war" the Muslims call it "Holy War."
Your religion is no better than Islam. Not ONE bit.
Bloodshed ran in rivers because of religion, and there is no getting around that history. Burning people at the stake ... torture chambers ... imprisonment for not having the "right" beliefs.
If you'd take your nose out of the bible and study some history ... you would be sickened by how people behaved in the name of the same supposed god.
tunnel vision June can not understand any of it because she chooses ignorance before wisdom.
keep your nose in the gutter while I keep mine in the Bible.

Location hidden

#456930 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall me telling you she was redeemed at her conception.
You need to "substantiate" that posit if it is to be accepted.
Practice what you preach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web