Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,195
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456561 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know where in the Bible it ever said Mary was sinless. Like I asked Dan, if Mary was sinless, then make her the messiah. And for that matter, was Anne sinless too? How far back does this perfection go?
You're late to the party-we went over all this a week ago.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#456562 Jun 26, 2013
who="wilderide"
I'd like to know where in the Bible it ever said Mary was sinless. Like I asked Dan, if Mary was sinless, then make her the messiah. And for that matter, was Anne sinless too? How far back does this perfection go?

It doesn't say that Mary was sinless. She was a good woman, and had to meet God's approval for the task. But scripture says that "ALL have sinned and come short of (being) the glory of God."

Their argument is sort of like asking, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Simple: The chicken, because God created it. The egg could not have come first because it HAD to be fertilized by another chicken, and fed and nourished by the first one.

Anne and Mary were birthed naturally.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456563 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was also sinless? Is that Biblically sourced?
Moreover, if Mary was sinless, why couldn't she have been the savior herself?
Also, I guess specifically what I don't get is the prayers to saints and intermediaries instead of directly to God. Catholics pray to Mary to intercede for people, right? Why not just pray directly to Jesus?
It's biblically sourced.

She was fully human, not divine, thus couldn't stand in for Jesus.

We do both. We believe that we are all one community on Earth and in Heaven, thus intercessory prayer.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456564 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're changing the question.
The efficacy of prayer isn't the same as the efficacy of God.
Isn't God the one answering the prayer?

I find it very revealing that, for example, as our knowledge of medicine has increased, medical miracles have decreased. Don't you find it odd that miracles become smaller and smaller and more infrequent as time goes on? When was the last time God parted a sea?

Who doesn't God regrow the severed limbs of Christian amputees? Despite the faith of the amputee, and the number of people praying for them? That would be a miracle, would it not? Yet God never favors amputees for some reason.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#456565 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
Christianity is NOT a race. Jesus was born a Jew (of the tribe of Judah)...not a Judaist.
Christianity is a religion and Judaism is a religion.

Are you now claiming that Jesus converted to Protestantism because THAT is YOUR religion???

What NEXT???

That Jesus-myth has been grabbed by every Christian preacher as his own, and YOU are no different. You are a typical Jesus-grabber.

Terrace, Canada

#456566 Jun 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual LeaderI believe in a spiritual world,[/QUOTE]

Do you believe a creator created your "spirit?"
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456567 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't God the one answering the prayer?
I find it very revealing that, for example, as our knowledge of medicine has increased, medical miracles have decreased. Don't you find it odd that miracles become smaller and smaller and more infrequent as time goes on? When was the last time God parted a sea?
Who doesn't God regrow the severed limbs of Christian amputees? Despite the faith of the amputee, and the number of people praying for them? That would be a miracle, would it not? Yet God never favors amputees for some reason.
If God restored severed limbs for the asking, then it wouldn't be miraculous, would it?

Again, you're projecting your strictures on what God should or shouldn't do.

The amputee thing's been run out here before, BTW.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#456568 Jun 26, 2013
who="wilderide"
It doesn't say that Mary was sinless. She was a good woman, and had to meet God's approval for the task. But scripture says that "ALL have sinned and come short of (being) the glory of God."
Their argument is sort of like asking, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Simple: The chicken, because God created it. The egg could not have come first because it HAD to be fertilized by another chicken, and fed and nourished by the first one.
KayMarie
KM-

"All" in your bible verse would logically include Christ.

He was or was not sinless?

Terrace, Canada

#456569 Jun 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh June who knows when the end is coming..only the Father ..But it will come
Because it says so in a book written by men???

I suggest that human-created words can't manipulate nature's way.
Anthony MN

Hopkins, MN

#456570 Jun 26, 2013
who="wilderide"
KayMarie
The "all have sinned" argument doesn't work because not all have sinned.

Terrace, Canada

#456571 Jun 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said - I get it. You are the one who thinks I don't.
That would be your problem, not mine.
What are you going to do about it?
You can believe you have a spirit, but that is an emotional concept ... not a fact.

You seem to favor some myths more than others, and that simply plays into your beliefs of your present "self."

Self however, is always subject to change.

San Francisco

#456572 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's biblically sourced.
Mmmmmm. Don't think so. Got a citation?
She was fully human, not divine, thus couldn't stand in for Jesus.
OK, within the ideology that does make sense.
We do both. We believe that we are all one community on Earth and in Heaven, thus intercessory prayer.
"All one community = intercessory prayer"? I don't understand this. If Mary was fully human, why are you praying to her? Or a saint? Isn't that idolatry? Aren't you taking away power from God and giving it to humans?

San Francisco

#456573 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If God restored severed limbs for the asking, then it wouldn't be miraculous, would it?
Of course it would. God supposedly intervenes in many other ways, what's with the abandonment of amputees about? Not even one verifiable time? Kinda odd.

Terrace, Canada

#456574 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
...and nothing relative to the "truth" of Jesus or his teachings. That was the point.
There you go AGAIN! Posting as though Jesus was a real character that actually spoke words to others.

Then when I state that the Jesus' myth was one of many, you write back that you KNOW that was the case.

You swing from pillar to post.

Terrace, Canada

#456575 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you still there?
:o)
No ... GOD put me to death this morning after I tested his/her/it's existence.

This is my ghost posting. Needless to say NOT my "holy" ghost.

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456576 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmmmm. Don't think so. Got a citation?
<quoted text>
OK, within the ideology that does make sense.
<quoted text>
"All one community = intercessory prayer"? I don't understand this. If Mary was fully human, why are you praying to her? Or a saint? Isn't that idolatry? Aren't you taking away power from God and giving it to humans?
Luke 1:28 (which was waterboarded all last week and I'm not doing it again-look up the belief in the Catechism if you want the detail)

Praying to the souls of the departed for their intercession and prayers. Divine worship only goes to God. Again, look up the Catechism for elaboration if you want it. It's all there.

Terrace, Canada

#456577 Jun 26, 2013
From the article in the September 2010 edition of the magazine "Scientific American" ... The end or is it?... comes the following..........

Edges of Time

Well before Albert Einstein came along, philosophers through the ages had debated whether time could be mortal. Immanuel Kant considered the issue to be an “antinomy”—something you could argue both ways, leaving you not knowing what to think.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456578 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it would. God supposedly intervenes in many other ways, what's with the abandonment of amputees about? Not even one verifiable time? Kinda odd.
It'd be like ordering a pizza. Call and it's there. Handy, but not miraculous.

San Francisco

#456579 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 (which was waterboarded all last week and I'm not doing it again-look up the belief in the Catechism if you want the detail)
Praying to the souls of the departed for their intercession and prayers. Divine worship only goes to God. Again, look up the Catechism for elaboration if you want it. It's all there.
Luke 1:28 "The angel went to her and said,'Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.'"

From this you get that she was sinless?

Well, I sure don't see how you could get that from that passage, but if this has been beaten to death then that's OK.

San Francisco

#456580 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It'd be like ordering a pizza. Call and it's there. Handy, but not miraculous.
Then why pray at all?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope urges more Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey 2 hr Faith 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 20 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Nov 25 pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE