Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654433 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#456702 Jun 26, 2013
what an admission from Robert that there is no God.

Robert F

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
As an afterthought Robert, I would like to know why you believe that "only" the Atheistic type of belief can be open minded and objective?
Atheism requires proof of all things. That to me, is NOT objective. It is subject to the need for proof. It does not rely at all on mystery.
I don't even believe as an Agnostic, but I believe that Agnostics are more objective than are Atheists. Agnostics leave the issues open-ended. Atheists demand proof ... and tangible proof is impossible to prove, in the issue of whether invisible spirit does, or does not exist.
I will await your reply, and thanks in advance.
It is hard to say....To me agnostics are weighed down with indecision, therefore no clear answers can be found, but are "eternally" befuddled by everything....This does not make them right or wrong, just a bit befuddled, or a lot....lol

As for atheists....for me its a bit more scientific in its approach. I could be swayed myself, as I live in a country that was more or less founded by deists, and I have a particular prejudice then, by culture, to be deistic in nature....

{{{{And after a long search for a personal god I have come to realize that there is none.}}}}}

Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456703 Jun 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of words in Greek and Aramaic for the words symbolic and figurative. It's not there .
I guess you're not really bible alone are you?
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; Therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning.

Unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic (self evident) and fundamental truths indicate clearly otherwise.

Christ said: And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

The key to understanding the literal sense of Scripture is to distinguish between the terms literal and literalistic.

Every text of Scripture has a literal sense. That is, every text of Scripture has a meaning the author intends to convey. It does not therefore follow that every text of Scripture is to be read literalistically, like a newspaper.

If I tell you, "My heart is broken" I have a definite meaning I'm trying to convey: I am deeply grieved. But I am not using literalistic language to convey that meaning. I don't mean "My cardiac tissue is torn."

Same with the biblical authors. They employ all sorts of linguistic tricks of the trade--poetry, history, parable, hymn, fiction, reportage, myth, argumentation, legal codes, apocalyptic--to get their various points across. But however they express themselves, they all have a meaning they intend us to get. That meaning is what is meant by the literal sense of Scripture.

Thing is....some people, as yourself, are not able to make those distinctions...

Location hidden

#456704 Jun 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Book, chapter and verse where Jesus says the Lords supper is symbolic. Thanks.
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; Therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning.

Unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic (self evident) and fundamental truths indicate clearly otherwise.

Christ said: And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

The key to understanding the literal sense of Scripture is to distinguish between the terms literal and literalistic.

Every text of Scripture has a literal sense. That is, every text of Scripture has a meaning the author intends to convey. It does not therefore follow that every text of Scripture is to be read literalistically, like a newspaper.

If I tell you, "My heart is broken" I have a definite meaning I'm trying to convey: I am deeply grieved. But I am not using literalistic language to convey that meaning. I don't mean "My cardiac tissue is torn."

Same with the biblical authors. They employ all sorts of linguistic tricks of the trade--poetry, history, parable, hymn, fiction, reportage, myth, argumentation, legal codes, apocalyptic--to get their various points across. But however they express themselves, they all have a meaning they intend us to get. That meaning is what is meant by the literal sense of Scripture.

Thing is....some people, as yourself, are not able to make those distinctions...

Location hidden

#456705 Jun 26, 2013
Hey Roberft;

I didn't need these posts that have been hidden from the Christians on here to know that you were and are a Godless person. now maybe even the catholics can se what I have known about you for years.

Robert F

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

Why is it, that those who are certain they KNOW that hell, or (at the very least) loss of salvation always pertains to others, are the very same ones who profess to have a certain and clear picture of what happens after death of the physical body?
Could that, by any chance, BE a coincidence?
Greetings June

It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....

[[[[Religion is based on fear....]]]]

Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

ME;
thanks be unto God that the Born Again Christian doesn't live in Fear in our Walk with our Savior and His Father.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

Location hidden

#456706 Jun 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Actually, it is a good, and a godly lesson, to know frustration.
What I think often happens we let frustration turn to anger, which can hurt others, and our own selves. We thus feel guilty. And then the Holy Spirit convicts us, and our conscience gets blemished.
The sooner we see the pattern, the more expertly we can deal with anger. Ask forgiveness from others, and God, and be at peace with God and neighbor. And work out a sort of spiritual sense when we move in that direction.
In dealing with people on this thread, I have learned much, especially how easily we offend and are offended by the thoughts of others. It reminds me of Jesus's that it is not the act of adultery, but the THOUGHT, which is the sin.
It makes me see that we must discipline our thoughts, and keep them from wandering off of God, to him be glory forever.
and this advice from a self professed atheist

Location hidden

#456707 Jun 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Book, chapter and verse where Jesus says the Lords supper is symbolic. Thanks.
Mt 26:26 ¶ And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

eat: phago: to eat (literally or figuratively):--eat, meat.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

drink ye: pino, to imbibe (literally or figuratively):--drink.

You read "eat" and "drink" literally, and you are saying Christ taught us to be cannibals!!!!!

Location hidden

#456708 Jun 26, 2013
The Immaculate Conception is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, the Immaculate Conception refers to the sinless state of Mary. Pope Pius IX proclaimed this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary on December 8, 1854.

Many people, Catholics included, wrongly believe that this dogma refers to the conception of Jesus Christ. But, in fact, the Immaculate Conception doctrine states that Mary, "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin." Immaculate, meaning "without stain," implies that Mary herself was preserved from original sin at conception, that she was born without a sin nature, and that she lived a sinless life.

Will a Catholic show me the Scripture that this teaching is based on????
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456709 Jun 26, 2013
Who would have thought that there was any corruption in the vaticano,
I don't believe any of it, even if Francis admits to it;

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/12/pope-...
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456710 Jun 26, 2013
Refresher.

The pope; "even the atheist has been redeemed with the blood f Christ"

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/05/22/po...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#456711 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"
Ask any amputee who has prayed for their limbs to be restored.
God must hate amputees...such a prejudiced deity...
Jesus said, "Your FAITH has made you whole." There aren't many miracles happening, because there is not much faith.
Do YOU have enough faith to believe for a limb to be restored? Peter and John restored the withered limbs of a man who was born lame.
I'm hearing of such things in countries where they don't have medical resources to depend on.
We who have those resources, put our trust in them, not in God.
KayMarie
Feel free to show me where and who such miracles are happening to.
So far all you have is pure rhetorical nonsense.
Can you show me even one faithful person's limb(s) restored by your deity? I have never seen even (1) case where your deity has answered such a prayer.
If you are going to cite such nonsense, you had better be ready to back up your claims....I will be waiting...
"Your faith has made you whole" has yet to be seen as any reality concerning amputees.
With that, I can only discern your deity is NOT a reality.

Location hidden

#456712 Jun 26, 2013
who="Oxbow" Catholics teach all born are guilty of the original sin of Adam and Eve.. This was God's reaction to same: Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life...
Where does He say: And from this day forth, all newborn will have their soul stained with the original sin of Adam/Eve....or words to that affect...
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Rom 5:15 But not as the offense, so also is the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offenses unto justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
KayMarie
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

You quoted this Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin...based on "For as in Adam all die"

Following that logic, it can also be said that at birth all human beings are made alive...based on " even so in Christ shall all be made alive"....which cancels the original sin you say all human beings are guilty of at birth!!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456713 Jun 26, 2013
who="OldJG" OldJG wrote: So you are telling us what Luke and Paul wrote is a lie? Really? Should we get out a BIG BLACK "MAGIC MARKER" and draw huge black lines through these verses nobody can see or read them. Well, should we? Luke 22:19-20, 19 "And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." 20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood." I Corinthians 11:23-26, 23 "For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." 25 n the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes."
<quoted text>
tonyBM said, quote, "We accept Jesus at His word. You on the other hand take a black marker and insert "this SYMBOLIZES My body". End quote.
This is very interesting. Was Jesus still alive when He spoke of Himself in John 6? If Jesus was alive, and He was, why didn't He hold up his finger, arm or leg when He said, "this is My body?" Why did Jesus hold up bread? Was the bread symbolic of something?
Scripture says...'and without Him was not anything made that was made'.
All that IS comes from God. You would not exist, the earth, nor anything in it would exist, were God not in everything. He IS our breath, our food, our everything. He was telling the Apostles, that He, Himself, is our 'bread'...our life. "In Him we live, and move, and have our being."
Those who 'live in Him' will live forever. Those who live, but reject Him, will not know eternal life. Such life as they now have will end in eternal death.
Countless people have eaten bread and drank the fruit of the vine...but died. But those who acknowledge that He is that living bread, and living water will live forever. Partaking of the communion with other believers calls our attention to His death (pouring out His life into us).
KayMarie
Amen!

All glory to Him alone, we worship Him in Spirit and in Truth together and thank Him!, for Saving us.

Location hidden

#456714 Jun 26, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
Eternal damnation, torture, hellfire, etc.(just a few)
What? From some fool that can't even prove his god even exists? THAT is as insane as it gets.
Doesn't say much for you then, does it? You certainly can't prove that He does not exist...and you are willing to bet your life on your 'belief'.
She doesn't threaten anyone with those things. She just attempts to tell you that those pitfalls exist. If you fall into them, don't say she didn't warn you.
KayMarie
Have your deity "smite" me then. I will challenge it's existence this very day, and am more than willing to do battle with it. If it shows up, I will destroy it with no problem. Bring it on...
You religionist bigots are beginning to become unbearable with your threats of damnation. I am left with little choice but to directly challenge your deity over your rhetoric and accusations, so let us get down to the business of actuality.
YES! I am willing to bet my life that your deity doesn't even exist...or if it does, I can beat it. After all, it couldn't even compete with "iron chariots".
What will you say about your deity when it will not even rise to the occasion.
I will call it a complete coward...and you a fool for even believing in such a coward...or it is all fabricated and make believe...take your choice.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456715 Jun 26, 2013
careerism on the priesthood of the catholic church?
I don't believe it either

Location hidden

#456716 Jun 26, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
We have all seen how the "spirit" moved in the crusades, inquisitions, and Salem witch trials.
If that is the "peace of christ", you can keep it to your own neighborhood...the rest of us can do without such atrocity.
You are being unreasonable. Black people have killed white people, and white people have killed black people. It would be stupid to say that ALL black or white people...killed. And, yes, there are people stupid enough to condemn all of one group like that.
The occasions you named were mostly self-righteous people killing those who didn't agree with them. Like today, stupidly a lot of leftists are declaring that ALL Republicans are 'bad'...just because they have differing political opinions.
You certainly do not describe the 'peace of Christ'.
KayMarie
You betcha...Your church was the perpetrator of all that atrocity...in fact it has cost the lives of 250 million people tp date.
What is your need to bring racism into the picture? Your church also was the promoter of slavery and racism. You have no ground for such improvision.
I am not even attempting to describe the "peace of christ". That should be your churches job...which it has failed miserably at.
You people are a lot of failed hypocrites.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456717 Jun 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and this advice from a self professed atheist
Stop it.

Location hidden

#456718 Jun 26, 2013
Mary she be a sinner......

There is not one Scripture given in context to show Mary is without sin. However, there is much to show the opposite. In Luke 1:46-47: After she visits Elizabeth and she is blessed she exalts the Lord saying “ My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my savior.'

Here Mary is saying that God is her personal savior, only sinners need a savior.

In vs. 48 Mary states “ Henceforth all generations will call me blessed for He (God) has done great things for me and Holy is His name and His mercy is on those who fear Him.”

Notice she says, God is Holy not herself, that He will have mercy upon her. Mercy is withheld punishment, only a sinner needs the mercy of God.

It wasn’t until 1850 that the Catholic church endorsed Mary's sinlessness. Luke records by the Holy Spirit that Mary said she is a sinner by her admission in needing a savior, but the Pope says she does not. So then the Bible would be wrong and a man called the Pope is right, it can't be both.

For whom to you vote as being right????? Hello!!!!!

Location hidden

#456719 Jun 26, 2013
Disciple wrote:
Refresher.
He(his church) needs to make as many friends as possible, as fast as possible...it is heading toward bankruptcy and extinction.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456720 Jun 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
He(his church) needs to make as many friends as possible, as fast as possible...it is heading toward bankruptcy and extinction.
I doubt it'll make any difference...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456721 Jun 26, 2013
Disciple wrote:
Refresher.
heard this here the other day said by cc,'in the last days they will flock to the cc for instruction.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 27 Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web