Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665075 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#456486 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either greatly misunderstanding what I posted, or intentionally misrepresenting it. I never made any argument that because God doesn't fit some logical format therefore it cannot exist. I'm simply asking questions about the ideology within it's own framework.
In fact, my disbelief in any deity stems from the total lack of any objective, empirical evidence for any. If such evidence were presented and verified, then I would not believe so much as I'd know there was a deity.
What is your rationale for disbelieving in every other deity except one?
You did it again here.

God will not evidence Himself to your expectations, thus He cannot exist.

You are demanding that God conform to you. Insisting that He should is circular logic; if He did, He'd be subject to your whim, thus rendering Him less than God.

June commits this fallacy as well.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456487 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Wake up, wilderide. I'm not even God, but I know that you are going to eat something today (unless you have a religion that forbids it today). God's 'knowing' is not His 'will'.
If He wills that you not eat today, you will not find anything to eat.
KM
If God knows I will not eat today (not predict, but know as a fact), then can I do otherwise, and prove God wrong?

As for God's will, it is impossible to oppose the will of an omnipotent deity. Which is why God would also be culpable for evil and sin.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456488 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an ecclesial council.
Not a political convention.
Sorry, but that's what history tells us it was.
Sorry Dan, but your argument presupposes that there are no politics in church organizations, which is demonstrably false. There are politics in any human organization.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456489 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Upon what basis would you declare that they are "the same"?
Asking as Scripture certainly makes the distinction between them.
They have to be the same or they wouldn't carry the same weight or attain the same result.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456490 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You did it again here.
God will not evidence Himself to your expectations, thus He cannot exist.

You are demanding that God conform to you. Insisting that He should is circular logic; if He did, He'd be subject to your whim, thus rendering Him less than God.
June commits this fallacy as well.
Dan, instead of debating with your own straw man, how about addressing what I actually did say? I'm not demanding anything. I'm pointing out that if this deity acts empirically upon the universe, then there should be empirical evidence for that. What fault do you find in that statement?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456491 Jun 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When they claimed that a Jew converted to Catholicism when he was baptized by a Catholic named John the Baptist and that the (now ex-Jew named Jesus) was intent on taking ONLY those of the Catholic faith to Christian "heaven."
That's just ONE major lie. The whole religion is based on lies.
The idea that a faithful Jew would be serving Catholics in confessionals is good for a laugh or two ... but even as myths go ... the scenario is beyond ludicrous.
June

Nit one believer on this thread has said that JESUS OR JOHN the Baptist converted to anything.

Th e y were Jews ..

And many have told you this..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456492 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Dan, but your argument presupposes that there are no politics in church organizations, which is demonstrably false. There are politics in any human organization.
Certainly, there are.

This, still, doesn't render the Council of Nicea to a political convention.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456493 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, instead of debating with your own straw man, how about addressing what I actually did say? I'm not demanding anything. I'm pointing out that if this deity acts empirically upon the universe, then there should be empirical evidence for that. What fault do you find in that statement?
What empirical evidence do you want?
If I said "open your window and look around", you would then say "God had no part of the natural world", yes?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456494 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Human Being"
June:
In a sense you are true.
But in Christianity, there is an axiom which works...,
When and where Christianity increases, superstition decreases(And the reverse is true, when and where Christianity decreases, superstition increases.)
As a modern for instance, in the U.S., there has been a decline of Christianity, and an increase in paranormal, Wicca, paganism, spiritualism, tarot cards, séances, "eastern meditation", yoga, etc...) All these latter things are superstition oriented
**********
A famous man said on TV this morning (he has written a book about it)'When America was at her peak as a Christian nation, the world was less violent."
KM
I am surprised they did not blleeep that part out..the time is coming !!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456495 Jun 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to be the same or they wouldn't carry the same weight or attain the same result.
Scripture doesn't apply value the teachings of Christ according to the medium of the message.

Written isn't of a higher value than what is preached.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456496 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
REMEMBER THIS
YOU MAY PROSPER FOR A TIME...
I hope YOU prosper for all time.

You on the other hand use your biblical scriptures to put curses on me as though a god supports you.

That is what your religion did TO YOU, because of your own arrogance in the will to preach your myths as though YOU will have the last WORD and land in heaven, while I will land in hell.

You are a fool!

By the way ... I don't even wish Islam's concocted hell on you, as I believe it is also a myth created by silly men.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456497 Jun 26, 2013
who="wilderide"
If God knows I will not eat today (not predict, but know as a fact), then can I do otherwise, and prove God wrong?
As for God's will, it is impossible to oppose the will of an omnipotent deity. Which is why God would also be culpable for evil and sin. G

**********

God cannot be proven 'wrong', because He is perfectly 'right'.
Certainly a fallible person such as yourself cannot prove Him wrong.
Apparently, you think that you have already done so.(Forget it, no one is that smart...and it can be very costly.)

KM
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456498 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, instead of debating with your own straw man, how about addressing what I actually did say? I'm not demanding anything. I'm pointing out that if this deity acts empirically upon the universe, then there should be empirical evidence for that. What fault do you find in that statement?
.....and it's not a strawman.

What empirical evidence of God would suffice for you?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456499 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
marge supplied the verses.
...she also declared oral tradition a "must" in a later post.
Must agree with what is written;

'So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you are judged.'

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456500 Jun 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Nit one believer on this thread has said that JESUS OR JOHN the Baptist converted to anything.
Th e y were Jews ..
And many have told you this..
So why aren't YOU practicing Judaism as do the Jews.

They don't practice Catholicism ... have you noticed???

And by the way, not one of you Catholics or Protestants (on the forum) have stated that Jesus converted to Christianity, but had he not, he would not support Christianity and neither would his mother, or the apostles. Judas was the only faithful Jew, because he would not leave Judaism for Catholicism.

Within Catholic "theology," Jesus and the whole flock of Jews (with the exception of Judas) became converted to Catholicism ... and you KNOW that is true.

Yet you LIE to defend your cult!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456501 Jun 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What empirical evidence do you want?
If I said "open your window and look around", you would then say "God had no part of the natural world", yes?
Open your window and look around, Dan. Can't you see the obvious evidence for Zeus?

If you want to call the laws of physics God, then certainly God exists. If you know of empirical evidence for an interfering deity with an unexplained interest in human affairs, which inspired the Bible and causes "miracles" and answers prayers, then by all means I'm interested in seeing that.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456502 Jun 26, 2013
According to Catholics, Jesus' mother Mary is a "Catholic" saint ... NOT a saint because of being faithful to her religion of Judaism.

Catholics converted her AGAINST her own will!

Silly theology for silly people!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456503 Jun 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Must agree with what is written;
'So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you are judged.'
Oral tradition carried Christianity for centuries.

Do you believe early Christendom to be inferior in substance and/or belief as the teachings had not yet been written?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456504 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="wilderide"
If God knows I will not eat today (not predict, but know as a fact), then can I do otherwise, and prove God wrong?
As for God's will, it is impossible to oppose the will of an omnipotent deity. Which is why God would also be culpable for evil and sin. G
**********
God cannot be proven 'wrong', because He is perfectly 'right'.
Certainly a fallible person such as yourself cannot prove Him wrong.
Apparently, you think that you have already done so.(Forget it, no one is that smart...and it can be very costly.)
KM
If God cannot be proved wrong, and God knows your fate in advance, then you have no free will.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456505 Jun 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So why aren't YOU practicing Judaism as do the Jews.
They don't practice Catholicism ... have you noticed???
And by the way, not one of you Catholics or Protestants (on the forum) have stated that Jesus converted to Christianity, but had he not, he would not support Christianity and neither would his mother, or the apostles. Judas was the only faithful Jew, because he would not leave Judaism for Catholicism.
Within Catholic "theology," Jesus and the whole flock of Jews (with the exception of Judas) became converted to Catholicism ... and you KNOW that is true.
Yet you LIE to defend your cult!
LOLOL.

Who on this board (besides you) has asserted that Jesus "converted" from Judaism?

You're a straight-up riot, June.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... 21 hr Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Wed Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,376
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
News Opening abortion forgiveness wins praise for Po... Nov 28 GlitterSucks in H... 1
More from around the web