Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,672
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
truth

Perth, Australia

#456234 Jun 25, 2013

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456235 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm thinking you and June have much in common.
Why is it so much fun for you all to pick apart our beliefs...what is the motivation..I wonder
I find religion interesting. It presents logical and ethical problems to resolve. Judaism and Christianity also have a large effect on Western culture, and I like examining that aspect.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456236 Jun 25, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456237 Jun 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/We as Catholics have a higher authority to "confirm, verify and correctly interpret" the bible ( to accurately conform and confirm the TRUE interpretation that was handed down over 1700 years ago by the Early Church Fathers ---who gave us the (only true) interpretation in 382,393 and 397 AD......You Protestant "fundies" since the Reformation, have twisted, manipulated, altered, skewed, perverted and distorted the TRUE Interpretation of the bible with 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent "Relative Truth" personal opinions. You Ox, can do what you want! We as Catholics will continue to follow, trust and adhere to the PROVEN TRUTH of the bible, with the TRUE MEANING OF SACRED SCRIPTURE in and through Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christs One and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the TRUE Bride of Christ)
When you think you have something to say that makes sense and is true...get back to me...

I picked these of your words to illustrate your true and compete stupidity..

"One and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the TRUE Bride of Christ)"

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456238 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to make the point as clear as I could by reducing it to a sort of equation. But if you think doing that changes the discussion, we can keep it the form you have been using.
If you burn yourself on a hot stove, then you learn not to do it again. That doesn't mean it's impossible for you to do so again, but you are unlikely too. Nevertheless, aside from all that, if God knows you are going to burn your hand on the stove tomorrow at 8am, can you do otherwise? If yes, then God was wrong and not omniscient. If no, then you have no free will.
wilderide:

You set up the equation to be an either/or answer, and this is not the case. Also you are trying to put God into an equation, thus reducing God to Not-God.

You need to perhaps connect up with more a more descriptive way of declaring what God "is" not. God is not a created being, for instance, therefore how can a non-created being affect creation?

Logic is merely a means/tool of conveying information. For me, the way you ask the question, it is like saying God is Logic, therefore if you use logic you have no free-will.(This is true if you reduce God from being God. And that is why your posit seems true on the surface. But your definition of God is where we are going when it comes to God and free-will.)

God is Logic beyond logic.
God is Beauty beyond beauty.

The attributes of God are beyond our definitions, and concepts. Thus when we give attributes to God we reduce God. This connects with the understanding that we use God's Name in vain.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456239 Jun 25, 2013
who seek my life must died
http://biblehub.com/psalms/63-9.htm
truth

Perth, Australia

#456240 Jun 25, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#456241 Jun 25, 2013

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#456242 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have morals - Jesus taught morals.
You just don't "get it" do you?

The Jesus-Myth was simply a Catholic re-run of other sons of gods types of myths.

When you refer to Jesus teaching morals, you are still caught in the old Catholic teachings that you claim to have left behind.

Location hidden

#456243 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Jay Gee, come back plz.
Could you provide Book Chapter and Verse where Christ establishes the canon of Books to be used in the Bible?
We have more Books than you, so its important for the sola scripturist to have the right amount.
Why does the KJV have it and ours doesn't?
Why don't you lead the way...start with showing him the "book verse and chapter" that says..."Thou shalt not be a Catholic and trash the Word of God."

Terrace, Canada

#456244 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
You set up the equation to be an either/or answer, and this is not the case. Also you are trying to put God into an equation, thus reducing God to Not-God.
That, coming from you is funny!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#456245 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you preserve the truth if you just hand everyone a Bible.
Please, your ignorance is so frustrating. Can't you look around and see the different Christianities? That's the result of people like yourself deciding what the teachings of Jesus Christ should be, based on how you interpret the scriptures. Man, you guy are so different than Protestantism 80 yrs ago... and you look nothing like the original Protestantism.
Jus5 found a great site ..CATHOLIC.

wherein Blessed John Paul speaks if martyrs that were not Catholic

And how we Christians are united in our common belief in the CROSS AND REDEMPTION. These are the most important tenets of both our faiths ..

even I n reading the introduction you get the wonderful message if this dear man.

And yet I find Catholics unwilling to believe what he Said on this or in His several apologies

http://www.christlife.org/resources/articles/...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologie...

What I am asking is why bother to canonized someone whose words you do nit believe..

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456246 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
You set up the equation to be an either/or answer, and this is not the case.
Actually it is. If God knows you will do something, can you do otherwise? It's a yes or no question for a yes or no situation.

Location hidden

#456247 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect example of internecine Christian bickering.
I have an idea: how about we just go right to God and ask!
"Hey God! Can you please clarify yourself on these matters for us, since this is purportedly so important to you?"
*silence*
Hmmmmm. Must be on a lunch break.
God speaks of you and your ilk:

the Wod of God speaks of you...

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456248 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the truth?
- as of this moment, all is just speculation.
- the truth will arrie when we die.
To say otherwise is arrogant, egotistical, and uninformed.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

When you ask the question, I see the Truth standing before Pontius Pilate. That is where the Truth is.

Pilate more or less resigned himself from, and, to the Truth. And we view him as a coward for this resignation. For he had the power to save, but did not. But he alone is not the coward in the whole affair, as all abandoned Jesus. It is for the Christian to understand, and fight the fear of humiliation, suffering and death.

Terrace, Canada

#456249 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm thinking you and June have much in common.
Why is it so much fun for you all to pick apart our beliefs...what is the motivation..I wonder
I already explained my reason, several times.

I am on this forum to give people the chance to escape religion, as I escaped religion.

Those who don't want to won't ... and those who want to will.

And if you check why you are here, you want to pick apart the beliefs of those in OTHER religions and make your own seem the only one of high value.

Otherwise you would just be content to go to church and back home ... and church and back home ... and church and back home until you die of church-ite-is ... church-it is.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456250 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That, coming from you is funny!
June:

Well, with a logical person I have to use logic!

As for you? I haven't figured you out yet. You seem to be a person with many self-contradictory qualities. So its touch and go communicating with you.(smiles)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#456251 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm required to use your source here and affirm it?
I didn't say that, but if you are going to refute assertions, you'll need to utilize all the available information, and not just stop with whatever you think you should.

With you questioning me, only goes to show you agree that you have been short changed with the belief you have.

Bummer for you.

Terrace, Canada

#456252 Jun 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God speaks of you and your ilk:
More Christian "love."

:)

Any meanings can and have been dragged out of that bible and put to use by finger-pointing, sword-wielding, match-lighting hellions in the guises of love ... and all in the name of the one god "Jehovah."

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#456253 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you preserve the truth if you just hand everyone a Bible.
Please, your ignorance is so frustrating. Can't you look around and see the different Christianities? That's the result of people like yourself deciding what the teachings of Jesus Christ should be, based on how you interpret the scriptures. Man, you guy are so different than Protestantism 80 yrs ago... and you look nothing like the original Protestantism.
How can the truth be preserved if you have alot of men deciding upon what everyone should believe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 5 hr Erkek Turk 19
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr IM Just Saying 9,176
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 11 hr Chuck 23
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr dollarsbill 84,037
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web