Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,121
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#456126 Jun 25, 2013
we say zid
ziddiz
z=26 i=9
fbi=629
in within=who is in secret in within=who/

NOW
SID=DISCK
WHICH DISK=id sk
DASKDESKDISKDOSKDUSK
aeiou
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#456127 Jun 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="Human BeingAs you might say, the starting point is to know Self/self,[/QUOTE]

By each new happening, self keeps changing.

Four years ago I was under the spell of religion. Now I am not.

I don't relate to that old self anymore. So what good is self to self in the whole "scheme" of past, present and future?

Of IS there even such a thing as past, present and future?
truth

Perth, Australia

#456128 Jun 25, 2013
who is born 62 mounth 9september=metber ps sp or what
pestmember
pest=sklopljena shaka=ulcerston=see hand=if not not clear N on hand if something ad its represent death
any hand direction
N
if ad anything represent death=look shape of hand as diskone line under other down 3 last finger as 3 pillars up geometric circle..
did you find?=where you see that?building cd or what?where?

please read ..you have to understood
if not try find but not judge me
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#456129 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy. You just toss the ones you don't need into storage until you need them for a different story.
Which never seemed to have never occurred, except through men admonishing those other Apostle gospels, so other men would not use them at all.

The decisions of men.

Self.
marge

Ames, IA

#456130 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Jay Gee, come back plz.
Could you provide Book Chapter and Verse where Christ establishes the canon of Books to be used in the Bible?
We have more Books than you, so its important for the sola scripturist to have the right amount.
Why does the KJV have it and ours doesn't?
Compared to the New Testament, there was very little controversy over the canon of the Old Testament. Hebrew believers recognized Godís messengers and accepted their writings as inspired of God. While there was undeniably some debate in regards to the Old Testament canon, by A.D. 250 there was nearly universal agreement on the canon of Hebrew Scripture. The only issue that remained was the Apocrypha, with some debate and discussion continuing today. The vast majority of Hebrew scholars considered the Apocrypha to be good historical and religious documents, but not on the same level as the Hebrew Scriptures.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/canon-Bible.html#...
truth

Perth, Australia

#456131 Jun 25, 2013
find words alphabeth
alpha betha see

now see
b=2=arrow toward down=don't do that please

I am your command!

Don't do that!
Don't press arrow down!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#456132 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
I can see your point. And it is not easily dismissed.
Yet somehow, I sense that if one is doing good, they aren't going to go about, or let others go about randomly killing people. In short there is accountability for one's actions.
To say that abortion is population control is a euphemism for murder.
It is hard to describe but I think in Judeo-Christianity, there is an inverse, or reciprocal action going on.... Through time, the more one understands oneself and God, the less God apparently intervenes in human affairs. I say apparently, because in truth, the rules of the game(Creation) were set up and in play all the time.
Examples, like the Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the Canaanites, Philistines, are merely recorded, and canonized. But the fall of empires, kingdoms and nations have and will continue, I think as a result of not living within the "rules of the game(Creation), set by God.
As you might say, the starting point is to know Self/self, when you start losing that knowledge your bound for destruction.
Interesting take on it.....thanks for posting.

In essence, our perception is what drives our being to do what we think "is good and right".

Again, one does not need organized religion to do this.

Unless you can demonstrate the exclusive requirements that religion gives its followers, that which will secure their salvation.

Do you?

Terrace, Canada

#456133 Jun 25, 2013
Women of the Catholic faith, who for legitimate reasons according to their selves had many abortions, felt better by referring to abortion as the "making of angels."

They had a good point, in that they were simply sparing what would be human sinners from suffering by sending the little "souls" back to "god" from whence they supposedly came.

How thoughtful of those women to do "god" AND the "souls" a big favor.

After all, a decent god would not WANT the little ones to suffer on earth as sinners "needlessly" ... would HE???

Silly dogmas!
marge

Ames, IA

#456134 Jun 25, 2013
Clay,

The criteria the church used for recognizing and collecting the Word of God are as follows:

1) Was the book written by a prophet of God?
2) Was the writer authenticated by miracles to confirm his message?
3) Does the book tell the truth about God, with no falsehood or contradiction?
4) Does the book evince a divine capacity to transform lives?
5) Was the book accepted as God's Word by the people to whom it was first delivered?

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/canonicity-script...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#456135 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Matthew 6:24 fits the fundies and their Bible worship to a T.
Is the Word of God you say? How do you know your Books are the word of God? My Bible has 7 more Books than yours.
Could you provide Book, chapter and verse where Christ establishes the canon?
Most of the OT comes from the Jewish scripture. Are or were those extra books part of that ??
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456136 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? What would make you a liar?
<quoted text>
Let's try again:
Let's say X and Y are both mutually exclusive actions (like going left or going right). You can't do both X and Y.
If God knows you will do X, then can you do Y instead?
wilderide:

What I think you are setting is a course in logic here with the X/Y argument, with some classical laws of thought, and that may be a means of linguistically approaching your point, but I have been describing the behavior as means of approaching the issue of free-will/choice.(If behavior is "always" logical, we would be robots. And your logic would apply. But I beg to differ.)

So in a sequence here, you have not established that my free-will is affected, because my behavior is affected, because God knows what my choices are. More or less you just set out a posit that free-will excludes omniscience.

I will show you why this posit is incorrect.

God has set some pre-conditions that may affect my behavior, which I concede. For instance, the ability to learn, affects behavior(for most people). I put my hand in the fire, and get burned, I learn not to do so again. But my free-will may override my learning, and I may put my hand in the fire by choice.

(This is similar in the case of free-will related to choice, regarding sin and righteousness. Although with sin, one's choice begins to obscure(blinds) If one continues to destroy the nerves in one's hand as a result of putting it in the fire, soon the pain will vanish, and the ability to learn.

Terrace, Canada

#456137 Jun 25, 2013
It all boils down to "survival."

If I recognized a person coming to my door with the intentions of causing bloodshed to my family members and my self, I would end that person's life without any guilt whatsoever.

If one of my own family members wanted to kill me and I could end his/her life first, I would not feel guilt for defending my own life.

You can preach your holy nonsense, but real life calls for action and honesty ... not blather about sin or salvation in some future mythical "dynasty."
truth

Perth, Australia

#456138 Jun 25, 2013
irudice prokletnice
cairo kairo qairo=3x
iraraiair
ai ai ai=see envy lust

elijairudica
noprejure
proverb 10;21=right or foolish

Terrace, Canada

#456139 Jun 25, 2013
If today I murdered another human in self defense, I would be a new self TO my self.

I hope that I never have to be put in that position ... but if I do, then I will know the feeling of those to whom it has happened.

Each new happening teaches us that we are not better behaved than our neighbors, and that in light of it all, we are not after all, anything special.

For the most part, we just have to face what comes our way and deal with the emotional and physical aftermath of our own decisions.

The new self is probably not a bit better than the old self ... it simply is what it is.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456140 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting take on it.....thanks for posting.
In essence, our perception is what drives our being to do what we think "is good and right".
Again, one does not need organized religion to do this.
Unless you can demonstrate the exclusive requirements that religion gives its followers, that which will secure their salvation.
Do you?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I think it goes both ways. Our perception of good/evil drives our being to do what we think is good and right. But also good/evil influences our perceptions. If good and evil did not exist as absolutes, then they change in time. Rather we change in time according to our perception to them.

So the relationship of religion to our perceptions of good and evil changes as we change. Can we be misguided and deceived in religion? Of course. So the pursuit of Truth takes precedence over religion, unless one makes the pursuit of Truth as being religion.(And more or less, that is what religion is!)

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#456141 Jun 25, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> came DIRECTLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, through the Apostles!...jethro: how can this be true when there is a broken chain between Jesus and his apostles, I pointed out to you through the churches own history. Once again show me where Jesus says the catholic church is his church? you have no history except the pagan/Christian church phony history, the bible nor any scripture supports the church and their man made traditions an rearranged commandments, if anything (if god is real) your church is heading to hell, show us this true history you keep talking about.
But Jethro
It can err as any institution run by I.perfect MEN can

And the sooner Catholics whom I BELIEVE to be believed a in Christ as I am..
Can admit to the past..as John Paul did ..The mire authority The Church will have in the eyes if others.
If indeed there has been a resurgence of new and returned Catholics..Imo this can be directly attributed to your last three popes
And their truthfulness and humility..And their call fir unity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologie...

Terrace, Canada

#456142 Jun 25, 2013
HOT-buttons! We all have them. They might be buried deep, or be simmering right on the surface, but they are there.

Time and again after a murder, the ones who were the closest to the murderer didn't have a clue that the person could or would perform such a horrendous act on others ... for instance stabbing another fifty times. It's referred to as "overkill."

We might believe we couldn't, but I believe that we could!!!

And only then would we have to own our new self, which would not be a shimmering glow of heavenly enlightenment ... but rather a down to earth mortal awakening.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456143 Jun 25, 2013
see words
rail=liar
lift=filt=guilt

everything as you need understood..
understood=under $tood seeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now
be good
not yet you don't know end
santore pantore ja te krizman kriz man
san t or e s=$an tore
satore=bog je razapeo sator as heaven
if s=$ what z mean
zig zag
ag eg ig og ug
eg=2 line 2=b

be good
don't press that arrow 2=betha
you need listen=l is ten alelilolul=ul seeulster=i left that you see but you did not know meaning from meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Terrace, Canada

#456144 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
So the relationship of religion to our perceptions of good and evil changes as we change.
Well stated.

I don't relate to that word "evil," as it implies a devil is tempting one to commit evil.

I believe selfishness is a more fitting word, as we then take responsibility for our own choices, and it leaves religion OUT of the equation.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#456145 Jun 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to the New Testament, there was very little controversy over the canon of the Old Testament. Hebrew believers recognized Godís messengers and accepted their writings as inspired of God. While there was undeniably some debate in regards to the Old Testament canon, by A.D. 250 there was nearly universal agreement on the canon of Hebrew Scripture. The only issue that remained was the Apocrypha, with some debate and discussion continuing today. The vast majority of Hebrew scholars considered the Apocrypha to be good historical and religious documents, but not on the same level as the Hebrew Scriptures.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/canon-Bible.html#...
Excellent and informative.

And I notice how very early on those letters were CIRCULATED among the CHURCHES. And recognized as belonging to the Canon..

In other words there was agreement way before an official bible was put together ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 48 min QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 15
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Married in 8,331
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 16 hr Delilahblue 171
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 18 hr Nulli Secundus 1
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE