Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673143 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456325 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned this a long time ago.
What (from your perspective) IS a REAL Christian?

One who follows the teachings of the mythical Jew Jesus.

If they followed a Jew, they would be practicing Judaism ... not Christianity.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#456326 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote: OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly? Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/who/pope-benedict -... If the center of the world was Rome and Jerusalem was a backwater, why did Christianity begin in Jerusalem? Why didn't Christianity begin in Rome?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerusalem is the City of David. A good place for the Messiah to start His Church. No one said it started in Rome, or had to start there.
tony, you are getting closer. Keep going boy. Why was the center of Christianity moved from Jerusalem to Rome? To control the Christians and to corrupt Christianity with the pagan gods and satanic religions of the Roman Empire. The church that was birthed from this commingling of pagan gods, satanic religions and a form of Christianity is called....THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Prince George, Canada

#456327 Jun 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Incorrect conclusion.
I also use the writings of Sumerians, Mayan, Native Americans, Hindus, and other cultures to arrive at my belief.
Do you believe that the mythical characters in all religious books existed as real people???

If so ... ALL theologians in all religions own truth, and the search for truth is OVER ... RIGHT???

There's one major problem with having that perspective on the issue. Theologians never agreed with each other.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456328 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "Then what happened to the small c Christian Church?" End quote.
Cly, it is the small "c" catholic church. The small "c" catholic "universal" church was resurrected in the Reformation.
Cayl said, quote, "How come Catholicism is remarkably similar before the Roman Empire legalized the faith, and after?" End quote.
It is not.
Carl said, quote, "If you believe Christ commanded the Bible be the sole authoRity on his Ministry, could you kindly state book, chapter and verse where he says it?" End quote.
Why was the Bible written? Did God write it for exercise? Why didn't God ever mention Roman Catholic in His Bible? What other authority would there be for God if not the very inspired Word of God? Is it Rome? LOL LOL LOL LOL The popes? LOL LOL LOL LOL Maybe you Cly? You might tell us is was the margarine but I believe it might have been the butter? What do you think Cyal? LOL LOL LOL LOL
Aylc said, quote, "Do you think the title 'Roman' Catholic has something to do with the 'Roman Empire'? If so, could you explain why." End quote.
Roman Catholic.....Roman Empire.....hand and glove. The state and the church were run by the same people. Pretty simple.
Cly said, quote, "How come your interpretations of scripture are not the same as the first Christians and the Catholic Church's interpretations are? looks like you're going to need to play stupid to sidestep these facts." End quote.
We Christians leave the "stupid sidestep" to you Roman Catholics. Our interpretations of the Bible are exactly the same as the first Christians. You Roman Catholics are the corrupters!
Old Deacon Jughead, you are a fraud. You couldn't debate your way out of a wet paper bag. Time to give your computer back to mommy and daddy and get back to watching Beavis and Butthead re-runs.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456329 Jun 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The keys are the metaphor(He didn't hand him a jingling set of brass keys), the authority that came with the "keys" are not the metaphor.
Why don't you get on the horn and straighten him out!!!!????

Prince George, Canada

#456330 Jun 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Pontius Pilate has nothing to do with "the Truth".
That is a claim made by so-called "Christians" through an interpretation of "him washing his hands clean" of the event.
Not a coward, but actually logically - as it had nothing to do with his belief.
Why do you suppose there is no birth date or death date for this supposed Pontius Pilate???

The same goes for ALL of those biblical characters.

Myths don't have birthdays or death-days.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456331 Jun 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that makes sense to you is your "Editorialized,(bible only) inconsistent, relative truth, contradicting Protestant "Church History Book" that changes whenever and whichever direction the "wind blows"!
That does not qualify for a response...try again....

Prince George, Canada

#456332 Jun 25, 2013
<quoted text>
- "God" has never designated any specific text or religious belief as heresy.
Maybe YOU are a heretic when you claim that a god even exists.

You have no proof for you lame claims.

From my perspective that is heresy against science.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456333 Jun 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The natural man cannot understand Scripture that was authored by the Holy Spirit for the Spirit of man...
That is why you believe Christ taught that we are to literal eat His flesh and drink His blood!!!! Which is the acts of cannibals!!!!
53 Then the Jews fell to disputing with one another, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 54 Whereupon Jesus said to them, Believe me when I tell you this; you can have no life in yourselves, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood. 55 The man who eats my flesh and drinks my blood enjoys eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 56 My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink. 57 He who eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, lives continually in me, and I in him. 58 As I live because of the Father, the living Father who has sent me, so he who eats me will live, in his turn, because of me. 59 Such is the bread which has come down from heaven; it is not as it was with your fathers, who ate manna and died none the less; the man who eats this bread will live eternally.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456334 Jun 25, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#456335 Jun 25, 2013
Some after-thoughts - after re-reading this post....
<quoted text>
Yes I do.
<quoted text>
There are many myths throughout history that are very similar in characteristics of Jesus. Okay, that is a gimme.
I take it you don't like learning good morals about peace and love, huh?
Are you a tryant? Do you practice being mean? Are you now so bitter with people, you have to hate?
IMO - I'm not sure you have the capacity to show these traits, but instead, it appears you would rather just renounce these "good" traits.
Like I said in an earlier post - you've become like the way you are, because you must've had something "bad" happen - could reconcile it with your religious belief, and now act the way you do.
Self. Unless you had some "God" help you do what you do?
I doubt anyone assisted you with your hate. You acquired that on your own.
Bummer for you.
<quoted text>
June - we learn lessons everyday - ones that are miniscule and missed by many because they weren't looking for it, and also through life lessons. Yes, I did learn Catholicism, and had acquired many morals that exist outside Catholicism. It doesn't mean I'm still part of that religion, as I am not.
You are projecting.
Also - I'm not sure why you continue to be off-topic, by "dressing me down" - so get over yourself. You really aren't that special of a person, nor are your posts - but you sure like to think you are.
*sighs*
You just don't "get" it.

It's impossible to prove which myth is based on truth when myth itself is based on "concepts" of truth.

Prince George, Canada

#456336 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.
I don't believe you.

We all prefer our own beliefs over the beliefs of others, or we wouldn't BE on a forum.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456337 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly? Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/who/pope-benedict -... If the center of the world was Rome and Jerusalem was a backwater, why did Christianity begin in Jerusalem? Why didn't Christianity begin in Rome?
<quoted text>
tony, you are getting closer. Keep going boy. Why was the center of Christianity moved from Jerusalem to Rome? To control the Christians and to corrupt Christianity with the pagan gods and satanic religions of the Roman Empire. The church that was birthed from this commingling of pagan gods, satanic religions and a form of Christianity is called....THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
No, actually it was because of the preeminence of the founding of Christ's Church by the blessed apostles Peter and Paul and because it was the center of the world. Jerusalem was destroyed, the Churh could hardly operate and spread the gospel to all nations from there.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#456338 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "Then what happened to the small c Christian Church?" End quote.
Cly, it is the small "c" catholic church. The small "c" catholic "universal" church was resurrected in the Reformation.
Cayl said, quote, "How come Catholicism is remarkably similar before the Roman Empire legalized the faith, and after?" End quote.
It is not.
Carl said, quote, "If you believe Christ commanded the Bible be the sole authoRity on his Ministry, could you kindly state book, chapter and verse where he says it?" End quote.
Why was the Bible written? Did God write it for exercise? Why didn't God ever mention Roman Catholic in His Bible? What other authority would there be for God if not the very inspired Word of God? Is it Rome? LOL LOL LOL LOL The popes? LOL LOL LOL LOL Maybe you Cly? You might tell us is was the margarine but I believe it might have been the butter? What do you think Cyal? LOL LOL LOL LOL
Aylc said, quote, "Do you think the title 'Roman' Catholic has something to do with the 'Roman Empire'? If so, could you explain why." End quote.
Roman Catholic.....Roman Empire.....hand and glove. The state and the church were run by the same people. Pretty simple.
Cly said, quote, "How come your interpretations of scripture are not the same as the first Christians and the Catholic Church's interpretations are? looks like you're going to need to play stupid to sidestep these facts." End quote.
We Christians leave the "stupid sidestep" to you Roman Catholics. Our interpretations of the Bible are exactly the same as the first Christians. You Roman Catholics are the corrupters!
Couple lies in your post old fella. You are a Deacon of Jesus Christ so I would think you'd be concerned about spreading untruths(he he)
'Roman' Catholic are not called so because of any 'hand and glove' connection to the Roman Empire. In fact the Roman Empire was long gone before Protestants (Anglicans) decided to label the Catholic Church 'Roman'. This was done around the 17th century. And they didn't apply it because of any affiliation to the Roman Empire either. They did it because they thought they were another branch of the Catholic Church, so they wanted to separate us with a title. In fact, it was a bit of a slur along with 'Papist' Cathlics, Romanish Catholics...
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_ (term)

For the Catholic Church, the title 'Roman' isn't an official title. In all the 16 documents of Vatican II,'Roman' is never used. Now I heard a Priest explain to me, that the title has to do with the 'Roman' rite, but it doesn't sound like that is entirely accurate either. I heard others say it was because of the Roman Curia that we have that name. That isn't accurate either. The bottom line is that the title 'Roman' grew rapidly and the Church didn't really care what the world labeled them. Today, they use it as the a reference to the Diocese of Rome, where the headquarters are.
www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.htm
So you keep telling your Bible students that Constantine put that title there...ok?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456339 Jun 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you get on the horn and straighten him out!!!!????
I know what the metaphor is and so does the pope. You, being hopelessly clueless, try to play words games in order avoid appearing the idiot you are, but it's too late. Not sure how you did it, but even the fundies think so too.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#456340 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote: OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly? Hey, hoblo, just answer the questions. You seem to the the historian at large on this forum. If you can't answer the questions we understand. We realize you cannot speak without saying there are 38,000, 40,000 or 42,000 denominations in nearly every sentence. Show us you can think for a change. Just answer these very simple questions. 1. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? 2. If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? 3. Why the change? 4. Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? 5. Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? 6. How about the capes? 7. Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? 8. Has anyone seen them fly?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo is more than capable, but I'll take a shot.
1. Yes. It's undeniable historical fact.
2. No one "moved" it. Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church in Rome. See St. Paul's epistle to the Romans and the Petrine epistles if you need further clarification..
3. The center was not "moved". Jerusalem was in shambles. The Romans had crushed every little bit of insurrection, the zealots, the Jews, Christians and anyone who didn't worship their gods. The center of the world was Rome, the best place to spread the gospel. Sts. Peter and Paul,in Rome, laid hands on and ordained bishops to take the reigns from them. That 'laying on of hands" has continued in an unbroken lineage to this very day...in Rome.
4. No focus on Rome, the Bishop of Rome just happens to be located there....in Rome, and in the same location where Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome. The historical accounts. which are undeniable, show the Catholic Church in Rome to be an early leader of the (universal) Catholic Church because of her preeminence (founded by Sts. Peter and Paul).
5. No. These are liturgical head-coverings worn just as the Jewish high priests wore liturgical head-coverings.
6. Capes? The founders of protestantism would be apalled seeing your preachers in jeans and tee shirts bouncing all over your stages. Are you a fashionista?
7. Pretty cute deacon.
8. Really cute deacon. I'll bet you get your congregants rolling in the pews during your Sunday meetings/comedy shows.
tonyPM, tonyPM, you are such a liar. Shame of you little Roman boy. There is no truth in you is there. PM stands for post mortem.

1. Lie. The catholic church universal is not Roman.
2. Peter was never in Rome. Paul never moved Christianity.
3. You said the center WAS NOT moved. OK. If it never "moved" it must have always been in Rome. Right tonyPM?
4. Peter and Paul were not the founders of the Roman church. It existed before Paul arrived and Peter was never there.
5. Really? The Roman Catholic cracker changers and wine connoisseurs wear the same head gear as the Pharisees'? Wow!
6. Capes are worn by Roman so called "priests".
7. Thank you.
8. Thank you again. Have you seen any of the popes fly? LOL
truth

Perth, Australia

#456341 Jun 25, 2013
center is piza giza
av av tel av iv

did you see man with coat on back zig zag gaz giz piz kg=is that hard
whoooooo
https://www.google.com.au/search...

see 25 degree
https://www.google.com.au/search...
http://caccioppoli.com/01%20Padre%20Pio;%20ch...
http://www.google.com.au/imgres...

see india 25 degree
see
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456342 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What (from your perspective) IS a REAL Christian?
One who follows the teachings of the mythical Jew Jesus.
If they followed a Jew, they would be practicing Judaism ... not Christianity.
Wow it is getting very hard to pin point whio is dumber. For now I can clearly say that with this one you put yourself at the top of the list.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456343 Jun 25, 2013
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#456344 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Koo Koo. Koo koo. Why it's a lovely day in la la land don't you agree Oldjg?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 10,463
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... Mar 22 sharona 406
News Pope Francis to visit Egypt on April 28-29: Vat... Mar 18 For an ISLAM-FREE... 1
News Pope Francis 'urges parents to have fewer child... Mar 18 Newt G s Next Rel... 24
News Benedict's Resignation: Blame Obama Mar 14 Texxy 1
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Mar 13 Wall specialist 49
News The Real 'Muslim Ban' Is Happening in Muslim Co... Mar 6 synchronized 1
More from around the web