Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690472 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#456308 Jun 25, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...
napisao si pjesmu ovijena u plamen=heart

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ljubav majke
sto u zilama tece
i ponos roditelje tvoje
prid lice boga kada klece..
ones i wrote for myself poems which i don't share with other people..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
rest i will put in fire
they will decoded
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#456309 Jun 25, 2013
'ljubav majke
sto u zilama tece
i ponos rodilje tvoje
prid lice Boga
kada klece'..

nk
a nkh..
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456310 Jun 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Didnt you about 5 years or so ago chide me about calling dummies dummies?
I don't remember but that doesn't mean I didn't do it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456311 Jun 25, 2013
Why you seek my life?
Who seek my life must died= psalm 63?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456312 Jun 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
What does God knowing about it have to do with things? His knowing does not make me choose one way or the other.
KayMarie
But if the future is knowable in the first place, then that is only possible if there is fate. And if there is fate, then there can't be free-will.

If God knows you will do something, can you do otherwise? If yes, then God was wrong, of not, then you have no free will.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456313 Jun 25, 2013
truth wrote:
'ljubav majke
sto u zilama tece
i ponos rodilje tvoje
prid lice Boga
kada klece'..
nk
a nkh..
Will someone please get "truth" back on their meds? Where is the nurse?
truth

Perth, Australia

#456314 Jun 25, 2013
bless me for my tears
did you say like that

in this corupt ow-full world

did god exist?

justice not exist
only corupt evil world
i live this my life
i seeeeeee all honesty of all..
by
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#456315 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what happened to the small c Christian Church?
How come Catholicism is remarkably similar before the Roman Empire legalized the faith, and after?
If you believe Christ commanded the Bible be the sole authoRity on his Ministry, could you kindly state book, chapter and verse where he says it?
Do you think the title 'Roman' Catholic has something to do with the 'Roman Empire'? If so, could you explain why.
How come the Bible was complied 80 yrs AFTER Constantine legalized Christianity?
How come your interpretations of scripture are not the same as the first Christians and the Catholic Church's interpretations are?
looks like you're going to need to play stupid to sidestep these facts.
I have no idea why anyone would give to chits what you have to say about Christianity.
Cly said, quote, "Then what happened to the small c Christian Church?" End quote.

Cly, it is the small "c" catholic church. The small "c" catholic "universal" church was resurrected in the Reformation.

Cayl said, quote, "How come Catholicism is remarkably similar before the Roman Empire legalized the faith, and after?" End quote.

It is not.

Carl said, quote, "If you believe Christ commanded the Bible be the sole authoRity on his Ministry, could you kindly state book, chapter and verse where he says it?" End quote.

Why was the Bible written? Did God write it for exercise? Why didn't God ever mention Roman Catholic in His Bible? What other authority would there be for God if not the very inspired Word of God? Is it Rome? LOL LOL LOL LOL The popes? LOL LOL LOL LOL Maybe you Cly? You might tell us is was the margarine but I believe it might have been the butter? What do you think Cyal? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Aylc said, quote, "Do you think the title 'Roman' Catholic has something to do with the 'Roman Empire'? If so, could you explain why." End quote.

Roman Catholic.....Roman Empire.....hand and glove. The state and the church were run by the same people. Pretty simple.

Cly said, quote, "How come your interpretations of scripture are not the same as the first Christians and the Catholic Church's interpretations are? looks like you're going to need to play stupid to sidestep these facts." End quote.

We Christians leave the "stupid sidestep" to you Roman Catholics. Our interpretations of the Bible are exactly the same as the first Christians. You Roman Catholics are the corrupters!
truth

Perth, Australia

#456316 Jun 25, 2013
they know..but still ow-full play on evil way..

evil upon evillllllllll

where is my killers now?
they are very friendly talkers walkers this and that
evil friendssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss
truth

Perth, Australia

#456317 Jun 25, 2013
Where is my accusers and killers now?
still pretend..did they are..
i don't think sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
evil is evil
truth

Perth, Australia

#456318 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#456319 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Maybe you had church-ite-is?
And maybe Christians on the forum are here because they know their local churches can't contain the Truth, and are here to share, and try to express the Truth, that Jesus is their Savior. And they each reflect a way of thinking about the Truth.
According to you, you studied other religions searching for truth, and finally found your comfort in Catholicism.

Your belief that you will go to heaven and others will go to hell suits YOU to a T.

That doesn't say a whole lot for your character Robert F.
Your search for truth ended THERE, as you now seem certain that you KNOW you will be saved and others will go to hell.

And you are PROUD of that belief.

Despicable.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456320 Jun 25, 2013
did you see man as sleeping walker hat as pijames pi james=semayip $EMAYIP=pija me
piju te =Did they drink you?
https://www.google.com.au/search...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#456321 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Well, with a logical person I have to use logic!
As for you? I haven't figured you out yet. You seem to be a person with many self-contradictory qualities. So its touch and go communicating with you.(smiles)
I expect you to be genuine in the idea that you are "searching" for truth ... but you continue to lie and claim that through Catholicism you have found truth.

I'm "not" smiling Robert F.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456322 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you preserve the truth if you just hand everyone a Bible.
Please, your ignorance is so frustrating. Can't you look around and see the different Christianities? That's the result of people like yourself deciding what the teachings of Jesus Christ should be, based on how you interpret the scriptures. Man, you guy are so different than Protestantism 80 yrs ago... and you look nothing like the original Protestantism.
The natural man cannot understand Scripture that was authored by the Holy Spirit for the Spirit of man...

That is why you believe Christ taught that we are to literal eat His flesh and drink His blood!!!! Which is the acts of cannibals!!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456323 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
<quoted text>
Hey, hoblo, just answer the questions. You seem to the the historian at large on this forum. If you can't answer the questions we understand. We realize you cannot speak without saying there are 38,000, 40,000 or 42,000 denominations in nearly every sentence. Show us you can think for a change. Just answer these very simple questions.
1. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today?
2. If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome?
3. Why the change?
4. Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican?
5. Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear?
6. How about the capes?
7. Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity?
8. Has anyone seen them fly?
Hojo is more than capable, but I'll take a shot.

1. Yes. It's undeniable historical fact.
2. No one "moved" it. Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church in Rome. See St. Paul's epistle to the Romans and the Petrine epistles if you need further clarification..
3. The center was not "moved". Jerusalem was in shambles. The Romans had crushed every little bit of insurrection, the zealots, the Jews, Christians and anyone who didn't worship their gods. The center of the world was Rome, the best place to spread the gospel. Sts. Peter and Paul,in Rome, laid hands on and ordained bishops to take the reigns from them. That 'laying on of hands" has continued in an unbroken lineage to this very day...in Rome.
4. No focus on Rome, the Bishop of Rome just happens to be located there....in Rome, and in the same location where Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome. The historical accounts. which are undeniable, show the Catholic Church in Rome to be an early leader of the (universal) Catholic Church because of her preeminence (founded by Sts. Peter and Paul).
5. No. These are liturgical head-coverings worn just as the Jewish high priests wore liturgical head-coverings.
6. Capes? The founders of protestantism would be apalled seeing your preachers in jeans and tee shirts bouncing all over your stages. Are you a fashionista?
7. Pretty cute deacon.
8. Really cute deacon. I'll bet you get your congregants rolling in the pews during your Sunday meetings/comedy shows.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456324 Jun 25, 2013
jao must in freezaaaaaaa where you put hat i mean pi-james hat
see map
can i seeeeeeeeee
what
that pureeeeeee whooooooooo
o don't worry
who stay under that name in that freezeeeeeeee?
asked your doctors
they proclaim..killed themself
who

no no no
i don't think sooooooooooo police ecilope lopuce lopuze..
who
me
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#456325 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned this a long time ago.
What (from your perspective) IS a REAL Christian?

One who follows the teachings of the mythical Jew Jesus.

If they followed a Jew, they would be practicing Judaism ... not Christianity.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#456326 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote: OldJG wrote: There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly? Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/who/pope-benedict -... If the center of the world was Rome and Jerusalem was a backwater, why did Christianity begin in Jerusalem? Why didn't Christianity begin in Rome?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerusalem is the City of David. A good place for the Messiah to start His Church. No one said it started in Rome, or had to start there.
tony, you are getting closer. Keep going boy. Why was the center of Christianity moved from Jerusalem to Rome? To control the Christians and to corrupt Christianity with the pagan gods and satanic religions of the Roman Empire. The church that was birthed from this commingling of pagan gods, satanic religions and a form of Christianity is called....THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#456327 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect conclusion.
I also use the writings of Sumerians, Mayan, Native Americans, Hindus, and other cultures to arrive at my belief.
Do you believe that the mythical characters in all religious books existed as real people???

If so ... ALL theologians in all religions own truth, and the search for truth is OVER ... RIGHT???

There's one major problem with having that perspective on the issue. Theologians never agreed with each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Married in 10,658
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web