Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,993)

Showing posts 439,841 - 439,860 of511,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Presiding in the place of God???
Yes Rose, God doesn't dictate the day to day operations of His Church ie appointing Bishops; establishing liturgical yrs; handling the finances; organizing meetings etc.

Are you interested in what the Apostles actually taught? You can read the writings of the men who walked with them.
This should be an exciting venture for a serious Christian. One can learn how Clement of Rome -who knew Paul personally - understood the faith. And not can see how this successor to Peter dictated Christianity with the authority given to him!
Exciting indeed to learn this great history. It will only make the radical fanatics even more bitter and jealous. They'll have to admit that they believe this hierarchy was overcome by the Devil; and messed up the Ministry of Jesus Christ. Of course, then Christ would have been a lying fraud that scenario was true...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC"
NOT true KM, Jesus wanted A Church that's why HE told Peter 'Build my Church" not write my book. This is HOW Christians met aT MASS to Hear The WORD and receive HIM DAILY ! To this day, Mass is held daily!!
Sorry , Star. Jesus didn't tell Peter to build a church. He said: Upon this rock (revelation to man by God's Spirit) "I" will build MY church.
He is still building His church with changed hearts.
KayMarie
Unfortunately, you forgot to read the ENTIRE New Testament regarding the Universal Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and established in Matthew 16:13-21. In Acts 2 the the Church that Jesus formed was heiarchical, authoritive, visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. The Apostles that taught and led the Church were ALL Bishops. There is absolutely NOTHING in the bible that describes The Universal (Catholic) Church inItitated by Christ as being held together "loosely" in the bible alone. WHY!!! Because there was NO bible (as we know it today) being "handed out" by the Apostles to ANYONE, ANYWHERE for over 1600 years. Furthermore: Paul calls the CHURCH (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! Your "bible only" conclusions are (exactly) what happens when you decide to "throw out the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of the 1st 1500 years of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, in place of your own "editorializing" the interpretation of the bible and "making up" your own bible Only Protestant History book.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="Clay "
Darn, it looks like Peter and the Apostles got it wrong.
Don't you find it at all odd that Jews would willingly become Catholic saints???

And don't you find it at all odd that all of those other Jews have the title of Catholic saint ... yet Jesus the Jew was not canonized as the top-dog SAINT of all times.

Jesus the Catholic SAINT would be a bit much for anyone with a brain to swallow.

You people choose to be blinded by that one word "salvation."

My guess is, if any of you are rewarded for stupidity ... YOU will win the GRAND prize of all.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY??? Then may I suggest you become a Muslim so that you can believe the Muslims are after all right and you were wrong all along.
You are such a "polite" double-talker.
My guess is that when you came on the forum those many years ago, you decided that you would never show anger in your words and that way you could lead others to become Catholic.
Meanwhile, you have become a polite chameleon, switching stories to suit your polite "front."
You remind me of another Catholic poster whose avatar is "Ink."
Now that you have admitted you are Robert F and that you are a sock-puppeteer, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you are also the poster "Ink."
June:

It is a bit of cultural etiquette for someone to defer being correct and demanding everyone to follow. Rather it is better to invite someone to follow their words and ways to find out the truth of matters.

So I prefer not to impose my views on others, and let them discover for themselves what is true and not true.

While there are some posters that prefer to demand, and have no respect for etiquette, at times, I respond in like, by demanding, not for my own self, but that they might relate to what I say.(In general, I cannot keep up this sort of communicating for long. It just goes against my nature.)

I am not under any pretense of being "nice", in order to "win" souls. I am who I am. And there are times when I do get frustrated and depressed, and even angry. I am not to proud to not admit it, but I have recourse with God through Jesus Christ in repentance, and penance with Him in such matters.

I am not "Ink".

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

These Christians pretend to worship Jesus who they "kinda" "maybe" concede IS a Jew who practiced Judaism, and yet they don't join Judaism.

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses who honor Jesus as a son of Jehovah the Jewish god ... still refer to their selves as Christians.

Titles are very important to those in religion.

They make it their RULES!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH! From your perspective, you care about others enough to make them over into Catholics so they won't end up in hell while you end up in heaven.
The Muslims CARE about each person equally in the same manner, only they want others to become Muslim so they won't end up in Islam's hell.
I could do less with that type of care for me ... thank you. I don't need or want conditional supposed care.
If there just happens to be a hereafter, I wish ALL others well ... period ... because that is what I would want for me.
June

Ah, but you are wrong.

The spiritual life offers much difficulty, especially while on earth. One is more or less swimming upstream, instead of just going with the flow.

It takes a lot of effort to overcome the flow of personal desires, which is reinforced by history, and the culture.

Well, you may think all religions are the same. I won't change your mind. I am sure you have been wrong before, deceived into understanding incorrectly your place in the world. I merely point out you could be deceived again.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Maybe I should have been clearer.
One does not need "organized religion"?
Do you always allow men to decide what you are to believe?
If the answer is "no", then Self has interjected.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston you are a bit of a hypocrite don't you think? You are a 'man' and you injected yourself into Christian belief. You obvously attempt to tell others what to believe about the Bible and when they reject your interpretations you call them idiots.
I'll say it for you, Clay - "Oops - I'm sorry - this was meant to be to Preston."

My sincerest apologies Ne Age.

Thanks Clay!

:o)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
It is a bit of cultural etiquette for someone to defer being correct and demanding everyone to follow. Rather it is better to invite someone to follow their words and ways to find out the truth of matters.
So I prefer not to impose my views on others, and let them discover for themselves what is true and not true.
While there are some posters that prefer to demand, and have no respect for etiquette, at times, I respond in like, by demanding, not for my own self, but that they might relate to what I say.(In general, I cannot keep up this sort of communicating for long. It just goes against my nature.)
I am not under any pretense of being "nice", in order to "win" souls. I am who I am. And there are times when I do get frustrated and depressed, and even angry. I am not to proud to not admit it, but I have recourse with God through Jesus Christ in repentance, and penance with Him in such matters.
I am not "Ink".
UH HUH!

And after this new speech, you still believe that you will be rewarded with eternal bliss and others will be fodder for the devil's hell.

I don't perceive that your smooth words are at all charming or enticing.

I would equate you to an arrogant shyster who uses words as play-things to in turn benefit only your own play-pen.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad, I thought i was posting to Preston.
But New Age, you are a hypocrite too. You DO follow men.
Sorry - I don't believe you.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
You are correct. Its a bad habit.
But there are times when talking in the third person just doesn't get the point across.
You are still applying Self - no matter how you express it.

It all begins and ends with you.

The choices you make.
The actions you take.
The actions you don't take.

You can run, but it will always be with you. Self.

No organized religion is required.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

who="hojo"
Unfortunately, you forgot to read the ENTIRE New Testament regarding the Universal Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and established in Matthew 16:13-21. In Acts 2 the the Church that Jesus formed was heiarchical, authoritive, visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. The Apostles that taught and led the Church were ALL Bishops. There is absolutely NOTHING in the bible that describes The Universal (Catholic) Church inItitated by Christ as being held together "loosely" in the bible alone. WHY!!! Because there was NO bible (as we know it today) being "handed out" by the Apostles to ANYONE, ANYWHERE for over 1600 years. Furthermore: Paul calls the CHURCH (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! Your "bible only" conclusions are (exactly) what happens when you decide to "throw out the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of the 1st 1500 years of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, in place of your own "editorializing" the interpretation of the bible and "making up" your own bible Only Protestant History book.
Hojo...when the church fathers compiled the Bible, they were determining the validity of things preached.(I doubt that those 'fathers' were all RC; else the outcome would have been quite different.) They included the books/letters that were accepted, and left out the ones that were repetitious or questionable.

What you are saying, is that your church is built by and on men, and you trust their words instead of His. You are trusting the words of men about whom you know nothing.

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Do you see how (within the theology) they turned Peter the Jew into the first pope as a Catholic Christian ... simply by the stroke of their busy PENS?

That was not based on truth. That was based on Catholic skullduggery.

All of you KNOW ... whether you are Catholic OR Protestant ... you would be faithful to your own religions.

Yet you take that AWAY from the Jews when you BELIEVE and continue to promote the gossip that they converted "willingly" to Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Peter

At the pleas of his Christian followers, the Apostle agreed to flee the city

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
You are still applying Self - no matter how you express it.
It all begins and ends with you.
The choices you make.
The actions you take.
The actions you don't take.
You can run, but it will always be with you. Self.
No organized religion is required.
ALL religion is "organized" in the mindset of the individual believer.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Maybe I should have been clearer.
One does not need "organized religion"?
Do you always allow men to decide what you are to believe?
If the answer is "no", then Self has interjected.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
But how much poorer in our understanding would we be, for lack of perspective through time if we did not have organized religion?
Great question. In fact, this is a question that many refuse to ponder too long on, because they are biased in their belief. I'm glad you put it out here for others to at read.

IMO - I believe religion hinders the potentials of human ingenuity, because religion places qualifiers on an individual and the control a person applies. If religion was not such an intrusive entity, we would have advanced much further.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Being self/Self aware, and forgetting everything else is sort of a mind game, and lends oneself to be easily manipulated. There is a sense of isolation, when in fact Creation has a sort of flow.

Who said about "forgetting everything else"? I sue in the hell didn't.

Maybe this is the ruse that has plagued so-called "Christians" for so long, they forgot they make the choices they do.

Hmmmm.....honesty is a key factor here.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know where you came from, then how will you get to where you want to go?
By seeking out the truth.

If the turh is unrecoverable, and an individual rests on what he/she determines is the result, event hough they have not "recovered the truth", how is that they can exclaim they have that supposed truth?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
So without organized religion, there is a lack of dimension in our lives.
Untrue. You make the dimensions of your life. It is not defined by religion. This is just another fallacy religion puts forth....."We have the truth, come to us and we'll tell you it."
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
But also I would agree with you that one can be distracted by organized religion from seeking a goal, and be in a sense "content" without moving toward a goal.

One shoud research that which they want to believe FIRST and not after the fact.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I call that being "at one" with God. You may call it..., Self.

You may call it anything you choose, as we both truly don't have a clear or decisive conclusion that would make it 100% true.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I call it worship, you may call it enlightenment.
So we beg to differ. Its fine with me.
I'm okay with it, too. We all get to believe what we want.

Which is ultimately Self.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="hojo"
What you are saying, is that your church is built by and on men, and you trust their words instead of His. You are trusting the words of men about whom you know nothing.
KayMarie
You are the same, but you don't WANT to see it.

All words were written by humans. They CLAIMED that gods spoke to them and they wrote stories and more stories of what the gods SAID to them. It was as "simple" as THAT!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

I'm okay with it, too. We all get to believe what we want.
Which is ultimately Self.
I'm NOT okay with people believing that gods are ordering them how to behave.

Too many people have taken control over others by believing that a god has ordained them to follow his will. Then they want to go out and convert, or to the extreme force others to follow their own paths.

Ridiculous!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in your image of a god, any more than I believe in the Muslim's or the Jews' or the Hindu's image of a god or gods.
It's your baby ... you nurture it and deal with it if it continues to please your desires.
We All are very aware of your belief..And that you have no idea WHY we believe.
I was offering you some insight.

You seem to place great store in what you read.

Only offering you one page that might explain:)

Did you read it .
Unfortunately with this device . I cannot do a God job if cut and paste.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm NOT okay with people believing that gods are ordering them how to behave.
Too many people have taken control over others by believing that a god has ordained them to follow his will. Then they want to go out and convert, or to the extreme force others to follow their own paths.
Ridiculous!
The RIDICULOUS ONE IS YOU....

Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Pro_10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And that may be exactly exactly why Reformers were needed.

There was scripture but not for the people to read

Admittedly nor all people read nor was there a printing press. The Church fought against discrimination as soon as these works were available.

Groups like the Waldensians had to hide their cookies of scripture and them selves from the time if Constantine.They spread the word going village to village like the original disciple..And were hunted down fir their trouble

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The RIDICULOUS ONE IS YOU....
Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Pro_10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
There are three videos showing the history of these brave Christians..the story moved me greatly..Called the Israel if the Alps ..

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 439,841 - 439,860 of511,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 hr ELIAS IBARRA 20
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 5 hr post 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Gee-Tee 7,640
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Apr 14 Highchurchman 5
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••