Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,276
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455812 Jun 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
What you are saying, is that your church is built by and on men, and you trust their words instead of His. You are trusting the words of men about whom you know nothing.
KayMarie
You are the same, but you don't WANT to see it.

All words were written by humans. They CLAIMED that gods spoke to them and they wrote stories and more stories of what the gods SAID to them. It was as "simple" as THAT!

Prince George, Canada

#455813 Jun 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I'm okay with it, too. We all get to believe what we want.
Which is ultimately Self.
I'm NOT okay with people believing that gods are ordering them how to behave.

Too many people have taken control over others by believing that a god has ordained them to follow his will. Then they want to go out and convert, or to the extreme force others to follow their own paths.

Ridiculous!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#455814 Jun 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in your image of a god, any more than I believe in the Muslim's or the Jews' or the Hindu's image of a god or gods.
It's your baby ... you nurture it and deal with it if it continues to please your desires.
We All are very aware of your belief..And that you have no idea WHY we believe.
I was offering you some insight.

You seem to place great store in what you read.

Only offering you one page that might explain:)

Did you read it .
Unfortunately with this device . I cannot do a God job if cut and paste.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455815 Jun 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many people have taken control over others by believing that a god has ordained them to follow his will. Then they want to go out and convert, or to the extreme force others to follow their own paths.
Ridiculous!
The RIDICULOUS ONE IS YOU....

Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Pro_10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#455816 Jun 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you forgot to read the ENTIRE New Testament regarding the Universal Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and established in Matthew 16:13-21. In Acts 2 the the Church that Jesus formed was heiarchical, authoritive, visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. The Apostles that taught and led the Church were ALL Bishops. There is absolutely NOTHING in the bible that describes The Universal (Catholic) Church inItitated by Christ as being held together "loosely" in the bible alone. WHY!!! Because there was NO bible (as we know it today) being "handed out" by the Apostles to ANYONE, ANYWHERE for over 1600 years. Furthermore: Paul calls the CHURCH (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! Your "bible only" conclusions are (exactly) what happens when you decide to "throw out the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of the 1st 1500 years of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, in place of your own "editorializing" the interpretation of the bible and "making up" your own bible Only Protestant History book.
And that may be exactly exactly why Reformers were needed.

There was scripture but not for the people to read

Admittedly nor all people read nor was there a printing press. The Church fought against discrimination as soon as these works were available.

Groups like the Waldensians had to hide their cookies of scripture and them selves from the time if Constantine.They spread the word going village to village like the original disciple..And were hunted down fir their trouble

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#455817 Jun 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The RIDICULOUS ONE IS YOU....
Psa_53:1 A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
Pro_10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
There are three videos showing the history of these brave Christians..the story moved me greatly..Called the Israel if the Alps ..

Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#455818 Jun 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous!
Well now you tell me!

I wouldn't be in this fix if you hadn't pushed me into the ministy!

Thanks a lot June!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#455819 Jun 24, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
You are the same, but you don't WANT to see it.
All words were written by humans. They CLAIMED that gods spoke to them and they wrote stories and more stories of what the gods SAID to them. It was as "simple" as THAT!

Not so, June. I find His word to 'work', and have some 'very alive' experiences with Him that verify His Word and His Presence.

So...you write, and I see your words, but I do not know you. His Word is different, it is alive because He is alive, and is not (like yours) just words on paper.

KayMarie
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455820 Jun 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Admittedly nor all people read nor was there a printing press. The Church fought against discrimination as soon as these works were available.
Groups like the Waldensians had to hide their cookies of scripture and them selves from the time if Constantine.They spread the word going village to village like the original disciple..And were hunted down fir their trouble
Ugh come on Rose. Its very important for the Christian to be interested in truth. You guys take the Holy Scriptures completely out of context.
I don't know much about the Waldenesians. But if they were preaching truth about scripture, then Holy Spirit would have guided them thru any difficult times.
I'm guessing they were tons of groups or cults if you will. Heck, there is over 45,000 today.
The Apostles revealed Christianity by word of mouth and letter. They established a visible hierarchy and passed the keys unto them. This is truth.

One more thing Rose..Constantine was already dead when the Bible was compiled.
I just don't understand the Biblical ignorance from your camp. Its almost like y'all replace God with the Bible. I know, I know 'its His word'. I agree. But that title is taken to a entire different level by the fundamentalist.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#455821 Jun 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no life outside this thread you poor dear.
so you lot in life is to try and bring people in to the man made hell you have created for yourself.
I guess misery really does like company.
LTM,if you can get a hold of the Book,Petrus Romanus,by Thomas Horn and Cris Putnam,get it and read it.It is a wealth of fact.Although I must say they make mistakes.You have to read objectively.It is a good book,naturally at times boring.I have been reading it,takes up much of my free time.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#455822 Jun 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are three videos showing the history of these brave Christians..the story moved me greatly..Called the Israel if the Alps ..
If they weren't preaching what the Apostles preached, then they weren't really Christians. That probably explains why their 'church' never made it out of the Alps. I'm sure they were nice people, but Jesus didn't promise to protect them from error. The Church Peter organized was promised that.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#455823 Jun 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to place great store in what you read.
Only offering you one page that might explain:)
Did you read it .
Unfortunately with this device . I cannot do a God job if cut and paste.
This is a cantankerous old woman who has nothing better to do all day then to stir up mischief.
I feel very sorry for her, she believes in nothing.
She gets her kicks from arguing, after awhile people will get tired and stop talking to her and she will go away.
In the mean time God is using her to get us to search scripture, to bring us to maturity and help our faith to grow in Him.
This woman thinks she is making a fool out of God's word, but God is still in control.
Just leave her to her misery she seems to enjoy it.
It's really all she has.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#455824 Jun 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh soaking up the false legends created by radical Baptists I see. Then there is real history.

It is clear that the Waldenses were far less heretical than the Cathars and agreed, at least in the early years of their history, with the Roman Catholic Church on most points of doctrine. This is to be expected, since Waldo hoped to gain papal approval for his movement
In a statement of faith submitted to the bishop of Albano, Peter Waldo affirmed his belief in transubstantiation, prayers for the dead, and infant baptism.[13] The famed Baptist historian A.H. Newman drew the only conclusion warranted by the evidence.

"Waldo and his early followers had more in common with...Roman Catholicism than with any evangelical party. His views of life and doctrine were scarcely in advance of many earnest Catholics of the time."

During the period of coexistence with the Roman Catholic Church, the Waldenses did not deny the power of the Catholic priesthood and the validity of the sacraments it dispensed. Only after the rupture became irreparable, however, did they denounce the papacy as anti-Christ and claimed that the Waldense Church was THE body of Christ, outside of which there was no salvation. Romanism was viewed as the Beast of the Apocalypse, and Pope Sylvester I was regarded as the first Antichrist.[19]

In the matter of baptism, the Waldenses became divided among themselves. The early Waldenses maintained the view that baptism is essential for salvation, and they administered it to infants. David of Augsburg and the anonymous author from Passau, however, reported that the Waldenses demanded believer's baptism and therefore rebaptized those who had received the sacrament in infancy. Passau Anonymous also indicated that some Waldenses used the laying on of hands as a substitute for water baptism, but it appears that he confused the Waldenses' practice with that of the Albigenses.

It is evident that many Waldenses retained the traditional practice of pedobaptism, while a minority faction discarded that in favor of believer's baptism. The latter were, however, the innovaters who altered the original practice of the sect. The modern Waldense Church in Italy continues to baptize infants.

Neither Waldo nor his early disciples could have subscribed to any historic Baptist confession of faith, and those doctrines that are peculiarly baptistic would have been unacceptable to Waldenses in any period of their history. Although successionists have hailed them as Baptists, medieval Waldenses were quite similar to the Catholic Franciscans, those of the Reformation were akin to Presbyterians, and those of today have become Methodists.

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num3.htm

Prince George, Canada

#455825 Jun 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You were "offering" your own "spiritual" beliefs in hopes that it would replace the religious beliefs of others that YOU find offensive.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#455826 Jun 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>LTM,if you can get a hold of the Book,Petrus Romanus,by Thomas Horn and Cris Putnam,get it and read it.It is a wealth of fact.Although I must say they make mistakes.You have to read objectively.It is a good book,naturally at times boring.I have been reading it,takes up much of my free time.
Thank you Pad I will, I love to read when I am in bed at night it relaxes me; LOL I will fall asleep through the boring parts.
I went shopping yesterday filled up the freeze, then the hydro went out. Its back on now but I was concerned for awhile.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#455827 Jun 24, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He did NOT do it before she said be it done to me.
Yes actually, God supposedly did.
And yes God knee she would say yes.
How do you know this? There is much evidence in the Bible that God does not, in fact, know the future.
She was chosen long before.
She was a direct descendant of King David betrothed yo another descendant of King David.
There were many descendants of David, not just those two. And by the way, Joseph was not Jesus' father anyway, which is another reason that he would not qualify as the savior, according to Hebrew prophesy.

Prince George, Canada

#455828 Jun 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If they weren't preaching what the Apostles preached, then they weren't really Christians.
This im-"poster" insults the image of Jesus every time he insinuates that Jesus left his Jews in the dust to follow John the Baptist's Catholicism.

Yet he claims to idolize that worship and serve that Jew with his faithful dogma the is off "limits" TO Jews.

San Francisco

#455829 Jun 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
One is not saved by faith, or faith and works. One is saved by God's Grace.
That misses the point. How does one receive or earn God's grace? Faith? Or faith and works?
It is through faith in Christ one is saved, and thus one exhibits works comparable to one's faith.
Then you are saying that faith is the only thing required, and that while works may result, they are not necessary for salvation.

That contradicts the many, many passages that directly state that both faith and works are required. Would you like me to list them?

Prince George, Canada

#455830 Jun 24, 2013
Yet the imposter "Clay" claims to idolize and worship and serve that Jew with his faithful dogma of Catholicism that he KNOWS is totally off limits TO faithful Jews.

San Francisco

#455831 Jun 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
Adam first died spiritually, as he disobeyed God, and ran away. I hope you see the truth in going away from God, means death.
Later he died physically.
Where in the Bible does it say either that Adam died "spiritually", or that God meant that Adam would die "spiritually"?

Sorry, that doesn't wash.

Adam did die physically later, but he would have anyway, because he was not immoral to begin with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web