Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,986)

Showing posts 439,701 - 439,720 of532,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="StarC"
NOT true KM, Jesus wanted A Church that's why HE told Peter 'Build my Church" not write my book. This is HOW Christians met aT MASS to Hear The WORD and receive HIM DAILY ! To this day, Mass is held daily!!

Sorry , Star. Jesus didn't tell Peter to build a church. He said: Upon this rock (revelation to man by God's Spirit) "I" will build MY church.

He is still building His church with changed hearts.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here June .
You like to read..found this fir someone on another thread
http://www.gotquestions.org/God-shaped-hole.h...
I don't believe in your image of a god, any more than I believe in the Muslim's or the Jews' or the Hindu's image of a god or gods.

It's your baby ... you nurture it and deal with it if it continues to please your desires.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC"
NOT true KM, Jesus wanted A Church that's why HE told Peter 'Build my Church" not write my book. This is HOW Christians met aT MASS to Hear The WORD and receive HIM DAILY ! To this day, Mass is held daily!!
Sorry , Star. Jesus didn't tell Peter to build a church. He said: Upon this rock (revelation to man by God's Spirit) "I" will build MY church.
KayMarie
Darn, it looks like Peter and the Apostles got it wrong. Here is what the Bishop of Antioch- appointed by Peter and taught by John said:

"do all things in harmony with God, with the Bishop presiding in place of God; with the Priest presiding in the council of the Apostles and the Deacons, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ."
Entrusted with with the business of Jesus Christ, Kay!

Later, this continuity that was begun, created a Christian Bible at the council of Rome (382 AD) and Carthage (398 and 417 AD)

Why did you guys undo what the Apostles established. Do you think Peter was wrong for organizing a Church- with Bishops, Priests and Deacons?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

If you can't see the lies, you simply don't want to see.

Priests do not preach in "temples." Rabbis preach in temples.

Zacharias receiving a message from an angel ... REALLY??? Did the angel favor Jews or Christians?

Silly stuff!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Marriage of the Virgin. When the Virgin Mary was fourteen years old and having lived for some ten years in the temple, she was informed by the priests that she should be married. She replied that this was impossible because her life was dedicated to God. But the high priest, Zacharias, declared that he had received a revelation from an angel, who told him to assemble the marriageable men and to have each bring to the temple his rod and staff.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn, it looks like Peter and the Apostles got it wrong. Here is what the Bishop of Antioch- appointed by Peter and taught by John said:
"do all things in harmony with God, with the Bishop presiding in place of God; with the Priest presiding in the council of the Apostles and the Deacons, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ."
Later, this continuity that was begun, created a Christian Bible at the council of Rome (382 AD) and Carthage (398 and 417 AD)
Why did you guys undo what the Apostles established. Do you think Peter was wrong for organizing a Church- with Bishops, Priests and Deacons?
Presiding in the place of God???

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

In the book "Signs and Symbols in Christian Art" ... there is a long story about St. Nicholas and all his achievements. It goes on and on and on, but at the start of the long convoluted story it states. "St. Nicholas of Myrna or Bari (fourth century) is regarded by historians as a purely legendary character who is supposed to have lived in the fourth century."

The men in the Vatican have now removed many of the supposed saints as nonexistent characters.

Those theologians were crafty busy-bodies with pens in hand at the ready to start some new gossip.

That is how they earned their "keep."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="Clay "

We have ministers/bishops/priests/deac ons who are entrusted with the BUSINESS of the Church. But only Jesus can wash our sins away. Our faith is in HIM, not in our various ministers. The ministers can and do teach us the Word, they pray for and with us. They counsel us. But, again, "There is ONE mediator between (us) and God, that Man, Christ Jesus."

Job longed for 'one' Who could put his hand in the hand of God, and in the hand of man, and bring them together. Jesus is that ONE, and He is the ONLY ONE Who can reconcile us to God.

Every now and then somebody gets mixed up and says that those who disagree with him, are on their way to hell. Pride is his problem.

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

who="StarC"
KayMarie
AMEN!!!
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Presiding in the place of God???
Yes Rose, God doesn't dictate the day to day operations of His Church ie appointing Bishops; establishing liturgical yrs; handling the finances; organizing meetings etc.

Are you interested in what the Apostles actually taught? You can read the writings of the men who walked with them.
This should be an exciting venture for a serious Christian. One can learn how Clement of Rome -who knew Paul personally - understood the faith. And not can see how this successor to Peter dictated Christianity with the authority given to him!
Exciting indeed to learn this great history. It will only make the radical fanatics even more bitter and jealous. They'll have to admit that they believe this hierarchy was overcome by the Devil; and messed up the Ministry of Jesus Christ. Of course, then Christ would have been a lying fraud that scenario was true...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

who="StarC"
KayMarie
Unfortunately, you forgot to read the ENTIRE New Testament regarding the Universal Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and established in Matthew 16:13-21. In Acts 2 the the Church that Jesus formed was heiarchical, authoritive, visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. The Apostles that taught and led the Church were ALL Bishops. There is absolutely NOTHING in the bible that describes The Universal (Catholic) Church inItitated by Christ as being held together "loosely" in the bible alone. WHY!!! Because there was NO bible (as we know it today) being "handed out" by the Apostles to ANYONE, ANYWHERE for over 1600 years. Furthermore: Paul calls the CHURCH (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! Your "bible only" conclusions are (exactly) what happens when you decide to "throw out the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of the 1st 1500 years of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, in place of your own "editorializing" the interpretation of the bible and "making up" your own bible Only Protestant History book.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

who="Clay "
Darn, it looks like Peter and the Apostles got it wrong.
Don't you find it at all odd that Jews would willingly become Catholic saints???

And don't you find it at all odd that all of those other Jews have the title of Catholic saint ... yet Jesus the Jew was not canonized as the top-dog SAINT of all times.

Jesus the Catholic SAINT would be a bit much for anyone with a brain to swallow.

You people choose to be blinded by that one word "salvation."

My guess is, if any of you are rewarded for stupidity ... YOU will win the GRAND prize of all.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY??? Then may I suggest you become a Muslim so that you can believe the Muslims are after all right and you were wrong all along.
You are such a "polite" double-talker.
My guess is that when you came on the forum those many years ago, you decided that you would never show anger in your words and that way you could lead others to become Catholic.
Meanwhile, you have become a polite chameleon, switching stories to suit your polite "front."
You remind me of another Catholic poster whose avatar is "Ink."
Now that you have admitted you are Robert F and that you are a sock-puppeteer, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you are also the poster "Ink."
June:

It is a bit of cultural etiquette for someone to defer being correct and demanding everyone to follow. Rather it is better to invite someone to follow their words and ways to find out the truth of matters.

So I prefer not to impose my views on others, and let them discover for themselves what is true and not true.

While there are some posters that prefer to demand, and have no respect for etiquette, at times, I respond in like, by demanding, not for my own self, but that they might relate to what I say.(In general, I cannot keep up this sort of communicating for long. It just goes against my nature.)

I am not under any pretense of being "nice", in order to "win" souls. I am who I am. And there are times when I do get frustrated and depressed, and even angry. I am not to proud to not admit it, but I have recourse with God through Jesus Christ in repentance, and penance with Him in such matters.

I am not "Ink".

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

These Christians pretend to worship Jesus who they "kinda" "maybe" concede IS a Jew who practiced Judaism, and yet they don't join Judaism.

Even the Jehovah's Witnesses who honor Jesus as a son of Jehovah the Jewish god ... still refer to their selves as Christians.

Titles are very important to those in religion.

They make it their RULES!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH! From your perspective, you care about others enough to make them over into Catholics so they won't end up in hell while you end up in heaven.
The Muslims CARE about each person equally in the same manner, only they want others to become Muslim so they won't end up in Islam's hell.
I could do less with that type of care for me ... thank you. I don't need or want conditional supposed care.
If there just happens to be a hereafter, I wish ALL others well ... period ... because that is what I would want for me.
June

Ah, but you are wrong.

The spiritual life offers much difficulty, especially while on earth. One is more or less swimming upstream, instead of just going with the flow.

It takes a lot of effort to overcome the flow of personal desires, which is reinforced by history, and the culture.

Well, you may think all religions are the same. I won't change your mind. I am sure you have been wrong before, deceived into understanding incorrectly your place in the world. I merely point out you could be deceived again.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Maybe I should have been clearer.
One does not need "organized religion"?
Do you always allow men to decide what you are to believe?
If the answer is "no", then Self has interjected.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston you are a bit of a hypocrite don't you think? You are a 'man' and you injected yourself into Christian belief. You obvously attempt to tell others what to believe about the Bible and when they reject your interpretations you call them idiots.
I'll say it for you, Clay - "Oops - I'm sorry - this was meant to be to Preston."

My sincerest apologies Ne Age.

Thanks Clay!

:o)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
It is a bit of cultural etiquette for someone to defer being correct and demanding everyone to follow. Rather it is better to invite someone to follow their words and ways to find out the truth of matters.
So I prefer not to impose my views on others, and let them discover for themselves what is true and not true.
While there are some posters that prefer to demand, and have no respect for etiquette, at times, I respond in like, by demanding, not for my own self, but that they might relate to what I say.(In general, I cannot keep up this sort of communicating for long. It just goes against my nature.)
I am not under any pretense of being "nice", in order to "win" souls. I am who I am. And there are times when I do get frustrated and depressed, and even angry. I am not to proud to not admit it, but I have recourse with God through Jesus Christ in repentance, and penance with Him in such matters.
I am not "Ink".
UH HUH!

And after this new speech, you still believe that you will be rewarded with eternal bliss and others will be fodder for the devil's hell.

I don't perceive that your smooth words are at all charming or enticing.

I would equate you to an arrogant shyster who uses words as play-things to in turn benefit only your own play-pen.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad, I thought i was posting to Preston.
But New Age, you are a hypocrite too. You DO follow men.
Sorry - I don't believe you.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
You are correct. Its a bad habit.
But there are times when talking in the third person just doesn't get the point across.
You are still applying Self - no matter how you express it.

It all begins and ends with you.

The choices you make.
The actions you take.
The actions you don't take.

You can run, but it will always be with you. Self.

No organized religion is required.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

who="hojo"
Unfortunately, you forgot to read the ENTIRE New Testament regarding the Universal Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and established in Matthew 16:13-21. In Acts 2 the the Church that Jesus formed was heiarchical, authoritive, visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. The Apostles that taught and led the Church were ALL Bishops. There is absolutely NOTHING in the bible that describes The Universal (Catholic) Church inItitated by Christ as being held together "loosely" in the bible alone. WHY!!! Because there was NO bible (as we know it today) being "handed out" by the Apostles to ANYONE, ANYWHERE for over 1600 years. Furthermore: Paul calls the CHURCH (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! Your "bible only" conclusions are (exactly) what happens when you decide to "throw out the Historical and Biblical TRUTH of the 1st 1500 years of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, in place of your own "editorializing" the interpretation of the bible and "making up" your own bible Only Protestant History book.
Hojo...when the church fathers compiled the Bible, they were determining the validity of things preached.(I doubt that those 'fathers' were all RC; else the outcome would have been quite different.) They included the books/letters that were accepted, and left out the ones that were repetitious or questionable.

What you are saying, is that your church is built by and on men, and you trust their words instead of His. You are trusting the words of men about whom you know nothing.

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Do you see how (within the theology) they turned Peter the Jew into the first pope as a Catholic Christian ... simply by the stroke of their busy PENS?

That was not based on truth. That was based on Catholic skullduggery.

All of you KNOW ... whether you are Catholic OR Protestant ... you would be faithful to your own religions.

Yet you take that AWAY from the Jews when you BELIEVE and continue to promote the gossip that they converted "willingly" to Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. Peter

At the pleas of his Christian followers, the Apostle agreed to flee the city

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 439,701 - 439,720 of532,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Crazy 8,116
More 6 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 11 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 16 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••