Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687183 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#456060 Jun 24, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I think they read your posts.
Full of fiber.
Good one Jumper.

:)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#456061 Jun 24, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant in general. When someone is wrong sometimes or often then it is time to move on.
A preacher must know God first then the scriptures then it must be a he not a she.
I will never let a woman preach to me. Why? Because God says so!
When did she preach to you and maybe you should ask yourself why would an elder Christian women have something to say to you?

You should be the one preaching here anyway, way don't you?

Or are you 'chatting' here?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456062 Jun 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not authorized to dictate the Ministry of Jesus Christ. You lie too much Confrint. I can see the deception displayed every time you attempt to pass off a sacred scripture text as meaning something it doest't.
2Tim 3:16 says "All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for reproof and correction"
Confrint says it says "ONLY scripture". That's called deception ol fella.
Jesus held up the Bread and said "This is my Body"
Confrint says. "Jesus did not mean that, everyone in the first 1600 yrs of Christianity got that verse wrong."
That's called a grave sin on your part sir.
Scripture teaches Bible alone is sufficient...

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Message: Only Scripture is needed for the man of God to be perfect, thoroughly finished unto good works...

If he needs more, he is not the man of God, nor is he perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Which includes all Catholics...because they need more than the Bible!!!!!

Eating human flesh and drinking human blood is cannibalism in its purest form.....Catholics completely ignore Scripture that teaches against it...

But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456063 Jun 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Disciple, like all Catholics, will deny that truth, because they have a higher authority...the Pope...what say...Peter...him got the keys...Christ just thinks He hasum'
Right Clay?????
I am?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#456064 Jun 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://www.orthodoxresearchins titute.org/articles/church_his tory/michael_theschism.htm
I don't want to laugh at you, but it is sad. Hermetic already tried that farce.
the Council fathers write to Pope Leo, saying...
You are set as an interpreter to all of the voice of blessed Peter, and to all you impart the blessings of that Faith.-- Chalcedon to Pope Leo, Ep 98
For if where two or three are gathered together in His name He has said that there He is in the midst of them, must He not have been much more particularly present with 520 priests, who preferred the spread of knowledge concerning Him ...Of whom you were Chief, as Head to the members, showing your good will.-- Chalcedon to Pope Leo (Repletum est Gaudio), November 451

Besides all this, he (Dioscorus) extended his fury even against him who had been charged with the custody of the vine by the Savior. We refer to Your Holiness.-- Chalcedon to Pope Leo, Ep 98

You have often extended your Apostolic radiance even to the Church of Constantinople.-- Chalcedon to Pope Leo, Ep 98

Knowing that every success of the children rebounds to the parents, we therefore beg you to honor our decision by your assent, and as we have yielded agreement to the Head in noble things, so may the Head also fulfill what is fitting for the children.-- Chalcedon to Pope Leo, Ep 98

So, the Council of Chalcedon clearly recognized Pope Leo as the successor of Peter and the Head of the Church. However, the Council did have one problem. One of its canons, Canon 28, had given Constantinople primacy in the East. The Canon read:
"...we do also enact and decree the same things concerning the privileges of the most holy Church of Constantinople, which is New Rome. For the Fathers rightly granted privileges to the throne of old Rome, because it was the royal city. And the one hundred fifty most religious Bishops gave equal privileges to the most holy throne of New Rome, justly judging that the city is honored with the Sovereignty and the Senate and enjoys equal privileges with the old imperial Rome...." (Canon 28, Chalcedon)
However, Pope Leo refused to agree to this canon; and employing a kind of "line item veto," ordered it struck from the Council documents. In this, Bishop Anatolius of Constantinople writes to Pope Leo, apologizing and explaining how the canon came to be, saying ...
As for those things which the universal Council of Chalcedon recently ordained in favor of the church of Constantinople, let Your Holiness be sure that there was no fault in me, who from my youth have always loved peace and quiet, keeping myself in humility. It was the most reverend clergy of the church of Constantinople who were eager about it, and they were equally supported by the most reverend priests of those parts, who agreed about it. Even so, the whole force of confirmation of the acts was reserved for the authority of Your Blessedness. Therefore, let Your Holiness know for certain that I did nothing to further the matter, knowing always that I held myself bound to avoid the lusts of pride and covetousness.-- Patriarch Anatolius of Constantinople to Pope Leo, Ep 132 (on the subject of canon 28 of Chalcedon).
So, the matter was settled; and, for the next 6 centuries, all Eastern churches speak of only 27 canons of Chalcedon -- the 28th Canon being rendered null and void by Rome's "line item veto." This is supported by all the Greek historians, such as Theodore the Lector (writing in 551 AD), John Skolastikas (writing in 550 AD), Dionysius Exegius (also around 550 AD); and by Roman Popes like Pope St. Gelasius (c. 495) and Pope Symmachus (c. 500)-- all of whom speak of only 27 Canons of Chalcedon.
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a35.htm
Luke Rivington's Account The Byzantine Plot

Location hidden

#456065 Jun 24, 2013
Clay....where art thou?????

Answer my question...which is it???

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny. Sometimes I wonder if you're actually a practicing Catholic who just comes on here to play the 'devils advocate'(pun intended).
-----

Cannot admit the truth can you????

Proof from Scripture, the Catholic church was not built by Christ as you claim, or Christ forgot that he did!!!!!!

Which do you think it is?????

In Rev I find Christ said to John:
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write;
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira,
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#456066 Jun 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
When did she preach to you and maybe you should ask yourself why would an elder Christian women have something to say to you?
You should be the one preaching here anyway, way don't you?
Or are you 'chatting' here?
Take it up to God. I didn't make it up.
Preaching is one thing arguing another.
If you can argue someone into the faith then one can say you can argue them out. Not very effective, right?
This forum is about arguing who's right or wrong.
Do you see any fruit?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#456067 Jun 24, 2013
One rotton apple spoils the bunch.

Sorry laides.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#456068 Jun 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Roman Catholic religious is in the same condition as Israel
They have refused to accept Jesus Christ as He is sent to be the savior
of the world...
Confrinting....Please "crawl back into your black hole" of bible only lies, distortions and heresy saying that the Catholic Church refuses to accept Jesus Christ as the Savior of World. You, my friend, are a "disgrace" as a minister, preacher or whatever you claim to be!! Even as an former Protestant, NEVER have I ever "witnessed" ANYONE make so many "false and ridiculous" statements against the Catholic Church and the their people of faith in Jesus Christ such as the BS you have become "so famous" in spreading!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#456069 Jun 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Disciple, like all Catholics, will deny that truth, because they have a higher authority...the Pope...what say...Peter...him got the keys...Christ just thinks He hasum'
Right Clay?????
why don't you get you a notebook and write down who is a catholic.

DISCIPLE I NOT A CAtholic

Location hidden

#456071 Jun 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you get you a notebook and write down who is a catholic.
DISCIPLE I NOT A CAtholic
If it walks like a duck, quacks as a duck, its a duck!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456072 Jun 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://www.orthodoxresearchins titute.org/articles/church_his tory/michael_theschism.htm
Thanks Sera

That was enlightening

So if your faiths prayers were answered. other would be a uniting of both churches with no one head of the Church?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456073 Jun 25, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant in general. When someone is wrong sometimes or often then it is time to move on.
A preacher must know God first then the scriptures then it must be a he not a she.
I will never let a woman preach to me. Why? Because God says so!
Lol
truth

Australia

#456074 Jun 25, 2013
colups systems and organization=zero
Do you support your leaders about 99% colups systems in all aspect..do you liked be control under Luciferian policy of new evil tehnology?
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456075 Jun 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Isiah 22:22 "And I will place on his shoulder the KEY of the house of David; He shall open and none shall shut; and he shall shut and none shall open. And I will fasten him like a peg in a sure place and he will become a throne of honor to his fathers house"
~~~~
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE APOSTLE PETER
PETER WAS NOT A DESCENDENT OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID...SO PETER DOES NOT QUALIFY...
IN YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION/DREAMS ...
YOU ATTEMPT TO HIJACK THE DYNASTY OF DAVID AND GIVE IT TO A BUNCH OF GENTILES...
IN ROME..
.AND DENY THE EXISTENCE OF THE CHILDREN OF JOSEPH AND MARY
WHO WERE THE REAL DESCENDENTS OF OF THE DYNASTY OF DAVID ON THE EARTH...
THE LORD REBUKE YOU.
YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY WILL REAP THE HARVEST OF THE TREACHERY, LIES AND DECEPTION
WHICH IT HAS PROPAGATED.
Christ was well informed on the Book of Isaiah and the dynasty of David.
Tell me Confrint. why did Jesus Christ purposely use the Keys reference in Isaiah 22:22 -almost verbatim - when He spoke to Peter in Matthew 16:18?
The Apostles were well informed on the Book of Isaiah too. You can be sure that they understood the meaning behind the Keys too.
That's sola scripture.
truth

Australia

#456076 Jun 25, 2013
It is written many many will come in my name its not me..how much they are honest..zero.
Do you trust zero honesty?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

How Heaven=Neva eh become is David or someone else?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456077 Jun 25, 2013
who="Clay"
Listen carefully Kay, your salvation may depend on it:
You are using deception like your husband. Just because Jesus gave Peter the keys, DOESN'T MEAN CHRIST GAVE UP HIS SET!
you added your own personal opinion to John's Book.
Here is the only verse in Revelation you should be interpreting "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book; if anyone adds to them, God will add to them the plagues described in this book" Rev. 22:18

Jesus didn't say that, "I have SOME keys, or A key." He said, "I have THE keys."

Read what He says...
KayMarie
youtube

AOL

#456078 Jun 25, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

LTM

Kingston, Canada

#456079 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Sera
That was enlightening
So if your faiths prayers were answered. other would be a uniting of both churches with no one head of the Church?
Jesus is the head of His Holy Church. Its not catholic nor any of the protestant denominations.
Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world; we the people are the bride of Christ; the TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT .
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of God;

Luke 13:18-35

New International Version (NIV)

The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast

18 Then Jesus asked,“What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? 19 It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

20 Again he asked,“What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? 21 It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds[a] of flour until it worked all through the dough.”

The Narrow Door

22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him,“Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading,‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer,‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26 “Then you will say,‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27 “But he will reply,‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
cont
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#456080 Jun 25, 2013
Jesus’ Sorrow for Jerusalem

31 At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him,“Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.”

32 He replied,“Go tell that fox,‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ 33 In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!

34 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 35 Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say,‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[b]”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) 23 hr Tom Fontaine 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon JAXON 10,631
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web