Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,997
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455750 Jun 23, 2013
990 005
Ant!!!!

Still waiting for you to show me how to link a web site so I can see the truth you promised...I am always interested in the truth...how boutit????

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how to link a web site? Don't ask GIF or old jug head..

What do you think???

<quoted text>
Willing to learn...show me...
From the website I quoted from:
Also notice the official "Coat of Arms" of John Paul II...
I got this pic off the Vatican website. Notice the huge letter "M" signifying John Paul II's desire to glorify MARY as his god in his pontificate.
The Presents of God ministry

Location hidden

#455751 Jun 23, 2013
990 005

Dan....if you responded I missed it...or forgot..

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 is the passage.
Romans 3:23 deals with personal sin. Jesus Christ was without personal sin, I hope you'd admit.
Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.
--------

Why are you refusing to answer my question??

Quote: What does this mean to you: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.....
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

Location hidden

#455752 Jun 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"From the website I quoted from"
Go to the address bar at the top of your screen, click once on the address so it's highlighted, right-click, click "copy" on the drop down bar, go to your comment screen on topix, right-click again and click "paste".
Get back to me when you figure it out.
My computer has been set in such a fashion, by my guru,that when I open a web page on any web site...it does not display the web site address on my screen. This was done so I leave no "cookies" on any web site I visit.
I can find the web site you are referring to by using "google"...but I will see no address bar at the top of my screen
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#455753 Jun 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It is a denomination, open your eyes buddy, it's an expansionist religion, and it has nothing to do with god/jesus it's all about power,greed,money. nothing about religion.
The Catholic Church is not an "expansion" of ANYTHING "man-made", but came DIRECTLY from Jesus Christ HIMSELF, through the Apostles!
Bible only Protestantism is just another one of inconsistent 42,000 other contradicting, conflicting denominations that "did not come from God" but came from a (so-called enlightened) "self-appointed" editorial (interpreting minister) that claims to posses some form of truth, by just "making it up" as they go along!!!! Sola Scriptura was never believed by "anyone" until the 17th century and has absolutely "no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up "anything that it teaches--or believes"! It is just an extension of the Protestant Reformation of "hodge-podge" denominations that started with Luther, then Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, Waldo, Gasfort, beza, Cranmer, Farel, Hedio, Knox, Petri, Tyndale, and on and on and on to the 21st century. Now (here on topix) we have Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1,(you Jethro8) LTM, and every other self-appointed "relative truth" bible expert that interprets (or better yet mis-interprets the bible as well as the TRUTH of True Church History--ALL to their own confusion, demise, chaos and destruction!!!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#455754 Jun 23, 2013
Catholics DO NOT worship Mary, the Mother of Christ as though she were a deity. Of all the misconceptions about Catholic belief and practice, this one is the most absurd. Catholics are just as aware as Protestants that Mary was a human creature, and therefore not entitled to the honors which are reserved to God alone.

What many non-Catholics

mistake for adoration is a very profound love and

veneration, nothing more. Mary is not

adored, first because God forbids it, and secondly because the Canon Law of the Catholic

Church, which is based on Divine Law, forbids it. Canon Law 1255 of the 1918 Codex

strictly forbids adoration of anyone other than the Holy Trinity. However, Catholics do

feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the

Mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her

exalted her more than any other human person

before or since. Catholics heap tribute and honor on Mary because they earnestly desire to be

"followers of God, as most dear children." (Eph.

5:1). Mary herself prophesied: "For behold from

henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." (Luke 1:48-49). Catholics know that every bit of the glory they give to Mary redounds to the glory of her divine Son, just as Mary magnified God, not herself, when Elizabeth blessed her.(Luke 1:41-55). They know that the closer they draw to her, the closer they draw to Him who was born of her. In the year 434 St. Vincent of Lerins defended Christian devotion to Mary this way: "Therefore, may God forbid that anyone should attempt to defraud Holy Mary of her privilege of divine grace and her special glory. For by a unique favor of our Lord and God she is confessed to be the most true and most blessed Mother of God."
marge

Ames, IA

#455755 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jg..I know all of that.was trying to find out what he believed
BAPTISTS believe.
We do not get saved by BAPTISM..
Baptism comes after the born again experience you described.if one dies before one is baptized..one is still saved.
If one does not get immersed.He is saved
The immersion is as you say symbolic of the new life as A Christian..and in obedience.We do it..
For myself I can honestly say I was in no way pressured into it.
We took a few classes before..religious instruction.
We professed faith..But never were told the Baptism was a vehicle for salvation
Exactly the way the Bible reads, I agree.

All the so-called protestors should speak up and agree with this also, they always say we don't believe the same.

#455756 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope ..not what I was taught in my Baptist church .
Having been raised Catholic I had all sorts of misconceptions on Baptists..But I could not have found a more Christ like congregation.
The longer I went there...the more I spoke with the pastor..the mire I learned.
And it was over a year till I asked to be Baptized.
They accepted me a a Christian long before that.
Why did you have to be baptize again? Holy Scripture in Eph says "ONE Baptism, One Faith.

BAPTISM the sacrament of spiritual rebirth through which we are made children of God and heirs of Heaven: "Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5. Also see Acts 2:38, Rom. 6:2-6).

#455757 Jun 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="wilderide"
Are you saying the age of accountability has Catholics?
Catholics don't have an age of accountability. They baptize an infant, then it is forever 'Christian'(I mean Catholic).
KayMarie
ALL ancient religion Baptist infants, why did you change it?

Baptizing adults is a new 20th century concept. Stick with what Jesus' taught and you'll be okay. When he said 'go forth and Baptize ALL households'
He didn't say baptize only adults!!!!!!!!!

#455758 Jun 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
The problem is that many Catholics believe in their church, like others believe in their club/religion. They see their 'club rules', not Jesus.
Pray that they meet Him.
KayMarie
NOT true KM, Jesus wanted A Church that's why HE told Peter 'Build my Church" not write my book. This is HOW Christians met aT MASS to Hear The WORD and receive HIM DAILY ! To this day, Mass is held daily!!

Location hidden

#455759 Jun 23, 2013
004<quoted text>005
So, the act of baptizing, as the SBC teaches, in and of itself has no saving power....none...zilch...
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope ..not what I was taught in my Baptist church .
Having been raised Catholic I had all sorts of misconceptions on Baptists..But I could not have found a more Christ like congregation.
The longer I went there...the more I spoke with the pastor..the mire I learned.
And it was over a year till I asked to be Baptized.
They accepted me a a Christian long before that.
Is "my Baptist church" an SBC church??????

Location hidden

#455760 Jun 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can shove your defamation up your ass where it belongs bigot.
Make sure you swallow real hard so you will be able to talk after you do.
My damnation????!!!! You think I wrote that Scripture?????

Location hidden

#455761 Jun 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
Catholics DO NOT worship Mary, the Mother of Christ as though she were a deity. Of all the misconceptions about Catholic belief and practice, this one is the most absurd. Catholics are just as aware as Protestants that Mary was a human creature, and therefore not entitled to the honors which are reserved to God alone.
What many non-Catholics
mistake for adoration is a very profound love and
veneration, nothing more. Mary is not
adored, first because God forbids it, and secondly because the Canon Law of the Catholic
Church, which is based on Divine Law, forbids it. Canon Law 1255 of the 1918 Codex
strictly forbids adoration of anyone other than the Holy Trinity. However, Catholics do
feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the
Mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her
exalted her more than any other human person
before or since. Catholics heap tribute and honor on Mary because they earnestly desire to be
"followers of God, as most dear children." (Eph.
5:1). Mary herself prophesied: "For behold from
henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name." (Luke 1:48-49). Catholics know that every bit of the glory they give to Mary redounds to the glory of her divine Son, just as Mary magnified God, not herself, when Elizabeth blessed her.(Luke 1:41-55). They know that the closer they draw to her, the closer they draw to Him who was born of her. In the year 434 St. Vincent of Lerins defended Christian devotion to Mary this way: "Therefore, may God forbid that anyone should attempt to defraud Holy Mary of her privilege of divine grace and her special glory. For by a unique favor of our Lord and God she is confessed to be the most true and most blessed Mother of God."
They teach Salvation is through Mary. If that is not worship...what is it???

"Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." -Pope John Paul II
---------

If praying to Mary is not an act of worship...what is it???

Quote:
And Catholics say they don't worship Mary!!!! Da pope he be pray to her!!!! Not to God...Not to Jesus...but to God's self professed handmaiden!!!!

Da pope he do pray:
Mother of the silence that preserves the mystery of God, deliver us from the idolatry of the present, to which those who forget are condemned. Purify the eyes of pastors with the balm of memory:that we might return to the freshness of the beginning, for a praying and penitent Church.
Mother of the beauty that blossoms from fidelity to daily work, remove us from the torpor of laziness, of pettiness, and defeatism. Cloak Pastors with that compassion that unifies and integrates: that we might discover the joy of a humble and fraternal servant Church.
Mother of the tenderness which enfolds in patience and mercy, help us burn away the sadness, impatience, and rigidity of those who have not known what it means to belong.
Intercede with your Son that our hands, our feet and our hearts may be swift: that we may build the Church with the truth in charity.
Mother, we will be the People of God, on pilgrimage towards the Kingdom. Amen.

This is posted on the Vatican web site....

Location hidden

#455763 Jun 23, 2013
Da pope he do be praying to Mary...

Google: Pope Francis' Prayer to Mary | Fr. Z's Blog

Then left click on:Pope Francis' Prayer to Mary | Fr. Z's Blog

Location hidden

#455764 Jun 23, 2013
See da pitcher of the pope praying to Mary...if that is not worshiping ...what is it??

Goggle: picture Pope Praying to Mary

#455765 Jun 23, 2013
When Catholics ask Mary to pray for them and the other saints in Heaven they are not bypassing

Christ, whom they acknowledge as the sole Mediator

between God and man. They are GOING TO CHRIST

THROUGH MARY AND THE OTHER SAINTS. They are

asking Mary and other saints to intercede for them

before the throne of Christ in Heaven.[Rev 8:3]
"For the

continual prayer of a just man availeth much."

(James 5:16). How much more availing is the

unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our Lord

Jesus Christ!

Location hidden

#455766 Jun 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you have to be baptize again? Holy Scripture in Eph says "ONE Baptism, One Faith.
BAPTISM the sacrament of spiritual rebirth through which we are made children of God and heirs of Heaven: "Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5. Also see Acts 2:38, Rom. 6:2-6).
Great gobs of goose cheese!!!!

baptizo, to immerse, submerge; to make whelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:--Baptist, baptize, wash.

Show me, from the definition of water...its saving power!!!!

Hells bells Nell!!! If all is need is a little water sprinkled on a baby's head is his Salvation...Christ could have stayed at home!!!!! There was no need for His suffering????

Location hidden

#455767 Jun 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL ancient religion Baptist infants, why did you change it?
Baptizing adults is a new 20th century concept. Stick with what Jesus' taught and you'll be okay. When he said 'go forth and Baptize ALL households'
He didn't say baptize only adults!!!!!!!!!
Horse chip...

He said: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

And the Catholics conveniently omit the next verse: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So...from Scripture....what has to happen before being baptized?????

Location hidden

#455768 Jun 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT true KM, Jesus wanted A Church that's why HE told Peter 'Build my Church" not write my book. This is HOW Christians met aT MASS to Hear The WORD and receive HIM DAILY ! To this day, Mass is held daily!!
Your words were indicating to me that you were spiritually unable to understand spiritually teachings..but I see it goes way beyond that...

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

He told Peter what???? To build His church!!!!???? Really????!!!

Location hidden

#455769 Jun 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
When Catholics ask Mary to pray for them and the other saints in Heaven they are not bypassing
Christ, whom they acknowledge as the sole Mediator
between God and man. They are GOING TO CHRIST
THROUGH MARY AND THE OTHER SAINTS. They are
asking Mary and other saints to intercede for them
before the throne of Christ in Heaven.[Rev 8:3]
"For the
continual prayer of a just man availeth much."
(James 5:16). How much more availing is the
unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our Lord
Jesus Christ!
Bull...
The Bible says there is one mediator between man and God..Jesus Christ.

The Catholic have three...Mary their mediatrix, the Priest, then Jesus.

Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces
by Father William G. Most

And Catholic confess not to God in the name of their Savior Jesus..because He ain't...

They confess, instead to a priest. Their first mediator...
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#455770 Jun 23, 2013
'One day we'll find it,the rainbow connection.
The lovers the dreamers and me'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••