Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,060
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455707 Jun 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I should have been clearer.
One does not need "organized religion"?
Do you always allow men to decide what you are to believe?
If the answer is "no", then Self has interjected.
Preston you are a bit of a hypocrite don't you think? You are a 'man' and you injected yourself into Christian belief. You obvously attempt to tell others what to believe about the Bible and when they reject your interpretations you call them idiots.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455709 Jun 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
During the normal course of a pregnancy the blood of Mary and the blood of baby Jesus DOES NOT mix or circulate together. The umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. The placenta is the "container" that keeps Jesus "isolated" from Mary. The fetal blood flows through baby Jesus, out the umbilical cord to the placenta and no further.
The placental membrane separates MARY'S blood from JESUS blood.
Jesus was made to be a perfect sacrifice for us without blemish or tainted blood(no blood from Mary) but He had to be made flesh in order to die in our place.
Jesus DID NOT have the blood of Mary. Why? If Jesus had the blood of Mary He would be a sinner as Mary was a sinner. In Adam, and Mary, all die. In Christ all are made alive.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not being truthful on this. I'm not very surprised because even normal Evangelicals can see what frauds you and Preston are. I'm always shocked at the lengths you and him go to to trash the Catholic Church and I am forever grateful to God that i did not get introduced to Christianity from you two.
Anyway, you'd be correct in saying that 'in utero' Christ's blood did not mix with Mary's under a normal pregnancy. However, its entirely possible that Jesus's blood did enter Mary during birth. I am no Doctor, but i remember having this conversation with another fanatic who tried to make Mary out to be a unassuming moron. So I researched it and found that the Mother supplies more to the fetus than you fundies would admit. When the placenta is detatched from the Mother, blood from her and her baby usually mix. But not always.
During the pregnancy, Mary's blood would have gone INTO Jesus and supplied him with nutrients and oxygen to keep Him alive. After He was born, Milk from Mary would have sustained His life. Just based on that fact alone, its mind boggling you radicals would demean the Blessed Mother like you do.
Cly said, quote, "You're not being truthful on this." End quote.

I am not being truthful? In what way am I not being truthful?

Cly said, quote, "Anyway, you'd be correct in saying that 'in utero' Christ's blood did not mix with Mary's under a normal pregnancy. However, its entirely possible that Jesus's blood did enter Mary during birth." End quote.

Cly your quote gives you away. You say, "Anyway, you'd be correct in saying that 'in utero' Christ's blood did not mix with Mary's under a NORMAL PREGNANCY. Then Cly you go on to say, "However, its entirely POSSIBLE that Jesus's blood did enter Mary during birth"

Cly said, quote, "e Mother supplies more to the fetus than you fundies would admit. When the placenta is detatched from the Mother, blood from her and her baby usually mix. But not always." End quote.

Wow, you are a real dancer around the truth. Look at your wording. Cly said, "But not always."

Cly said, quote, "During the pregnancy, Mary's blood would have gone INTO Jesus and supplied him with nutrients and oxygen to keep Him alive." End quote.

Cly, you are such a pitiful lost Roman Catholic liar. Get off this forum. You have been busted telling lies so many times it is a wonder you stick around.

Cly, also, I NEVER called Mary a moron. NEVER. She was a wonderful willing blessed servant of God, however, Mary was not sinless, Mary was not assumed into heaven, Mary was not a perpetual virgin, Mary is not the queen of heaven, Mary is not the mother of God and Mary had other children.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455710 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>even oldjg is telling that it was impossible for od to have had sex with mary to create jesus. notice that word" create".
so the question must be asked.Can a human being take the form of God? the answer of course is no, a resounding NO!!!!!!!
therefore Jesus could not have taken anything from mary, including her DNA.
so this leaves only ONE alternative, Jesus changed Himself into that Embryo, it was neer has Robert wishes to say that God Created an embryo. JESUS WAS NOT A CREATED EMBRYO. Jesus is God who took Manhood upon Himself.
Jesus took Manhood or Humanity or Flesh upon Himself. It cannot be the other way around, mary could not give Humanity to the Son of God.
Wait, what??

Jesus DID have Mary's DNA. I don't believe Old GEE was denying that. He was arguing that the blood of Christ didn't enter Mary and vice versa.
Jesus undoubtedly had the DNA of Mary (and God). Im no biologist by any means but even i understand that!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455711 Jun 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston you are a bit of a hypocrite don't you think? You are a 'man' and you injected yourself into Christian belief. You obvously attempt to tell others what to believe about the Bible and when they reject your interpretations you call them idiots.
My bad, I thought i was posting to Preston.

But New Age, you are a hypocrite too. You DO follow men.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#455712 Jun 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Today's Gospel (luke 9:18-24) was read throughout the world at all Catholic Masses. The Priest at the Cathedral of Saint Paul where I attend, delivered a beautiful homily about 'picking up our crosses and following Christ'. He talked about the new and vibrant evangelization and how the Catholic Church is on the verge of something big. He sees things today that he hasn't seen in his 20 yrs as a Priest. During the day, strangers walk thru the doors of the Cathedral and quietly walk around. Of course, its a beautiful Church and a tourist attraction, so thats not necessarily uncommon. But he is seeing a different 'type' coming thru the doors. Mothers with children; Grandmothers with grandchildren asking about the Catholic faith! They are not admiring the artwork. They are seeking God. Many were raised in the Protestant communities and were led to believe negative stuff their whole lives about the Church.
A Grandmother walked in the the Church with her Grandaughter.(She wanted to introduce her to Christianity because her daughter wouldn't to do it.) The 7 or 8 yr old was able to see Our Lord thru the icons, statues and other artwork throughout the Church. Thru a child's eyes, Christianity can be revealed by paintings. In an hour, this child was able to grasp Christianity without ever picking up a Bible. She could see the birth, the Apostles, the passion and crucifixion; the weeping of Mary at the foot of the cross; the Michaelangelo Pieta of Mary holding the crucified Lord in her arms; she saw how Christ came back from the dead and showed himself to His Mother and other Apostles. This is profound thru a kids eyes.
I rambled on too long. But I do think the Holy Spirit is starting to call people back to their home. Perhaps that's a sign of Christ's imminent return.
Cly, this is a beautiful batch of crap-ola.

Cly said, quote, " He talked about the new and vibrant evangelization and how the Catholic Church is on the verge of something big." End quote.

Cly, yes the Roman Catholic church is on the verge of something big. It is called a "L A W S U I T".
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455713 Jun 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
During the normal course of a pregnancy the blood of Mary and the blood of baby Jesus DOES NOT mix or circulate together. The umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. The placenta is the "container" that keeps Jesus "isolated" from Mary. The fetal blood flows through baby Jesus, out the umbilical cord to the placenta and no further.
The placental membrane separates MARY'S blood from JESUS blood.
Jesus was made to be a perfect sacrifice for us without blemish or tainted blood(no blood from Mary) but He had to be made flesh in order to die in our place.
Jesus DID NOT have the blood of Mary. Why? If Jesus had the blood of Mary He would be a sinner as Mary was a sinner. In Adam, and Mary, all die. In Christ all are made alive.
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "You're not being truthful on this." End quote.
I am not being truthful? In what way am I not being truthful?
Cly said, quote, "Anyway, you'd be correct in saying that 'in utero' Christ's blood did not mix with Mary's under a normal pregnancy. However, its entirely possible that Jesus's blood did enter Mary during birth." End quote.
Cly your quote gives you away. You say, "Anyway, you'd be correct in saying that 'in utero' Christ's blood did not mix with Mary's under a NORMAL PREGNANCY. Then Cly you go on to say, "However, its entirely POSSIBLE that Jesus's blood did enter Mary during birth"
Cly said, quote, "e Mother supplies more to the fetus than you fundies would admit. When the placenta is detatched from the Mother, blood from her and her baby usually mix. But not always." End quote.
Wow, you are a real dancer around the truth. Look at your wording. Cly said, "But not always."
Cly said, quote, "During the pregnancy, Mary's blood would have gone INTO Jesus and supplied him with nutrients and oxygen to keep Him alive." End quote.
Cly, you are such a pitiful lost Roman Catholic liar. Get off this forum. You have been busted telling lies so many times it is a wonder you stick around.
Cly, also, I NEVER called Mary a moron. NEVER. She was a wonderful willing blessed servant of God, however, Mary was not sinless, Mary was not assumed into heaven, Mary was not a perpetual virgin, Mary is not the queen of heaven, Mary is not the mother of God and Mary had other children.
I said "during the pregnancy, Mary's blood would have supplied Jesus with nutrients and oxygen to keep Him alive. After the birth, her milk would have sustained his life"

You said, "Cly, you are a pitiful lost Roman Cathlic liar. Get off this forum"

lolhahaha buwhaha! Wow dude!

How does Old Geee believe the fetus receives the ingredients to sustain life in the womb?

answer: thru the Mothers Blood entering into the Placenta and supplying Christ with nutrients and oxygen!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#455714 Jun 23, 2013
There has been a growing exodus of Evangelicals coming into the Catholic faith. I believe that is causing Old GEE and Preston as well as other career ministers to become viscous in their attacks.

'Pride cometh before the fall'

below this web page is a you tube video of a couple Protestant pastors addressing the reality of many notable Ministers coming into tthe Catholic Church.

www.catholic-convert.com/blog/2012/05/24/evan...

Confrint, Old GEE, and Preston must wake up in a cold sweat realizing that their grandkids could possibly be received into the Catholic faith one day. Man that's gotta sting.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#455715 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Good grief!
You are putting a load on my back!
I try not to judge others, but that doesn't mean I don't use my brain.
Others can disagree with me, and I am fine with it. I don't have to be right. And they don't have to be right.
OH ... so then your "newly revised" story IS that everybody that disagrees on the meanings of scriptures can be right ... according to you???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#455716 Jun 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
There has been a growing exodus of Evangelicals coming into the Catholic faith. I believe that is causing Old GEE and Preston as well as other career ministers to become viscous in their attacks.
'Pride cometh before the fall'
Are you ULTRA PROUD that they are coming back to believe as YOU believe???

'Pride cometh before the fall" can also be used by others.

Prince George, Canada

#455717 Jun 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "during the pregnancy, Mary's blood would have supplied Jesus with nutrients and oxygen to keep Him alive.
Couldn't Jehovah have supplied him with all things necessary without using the material body of a woman???

You don't have much faith in the almighty. But then if he lived my guess is, he would have no faith in Christians either. They told nothing but lies about the faithful Jews.

Prince George, Canada

#455718 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God demands full attention June, Muslims are different because they have no savior,
You haven't been paying attention. Many Muslims believe that the 12th Imam is their savior, and when he comes, the converted Jesus to Islam will be with him.

Isn't that news ever so wonderful???

Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455719 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Lots of "I" being used HB.
Self.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

You are correct. Its a bad habit.

But there are times when talking in the third person just doesn't get the point across.

Prince George, Canada

#455720 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I find comfort when I feel led to do something that dies nit come naturally
So, believing that a god of the Jews loves your style of Christianity dies nit come naturally???

Since: Nov 08

usa

#455721 Jun 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is NOT denomination! It NEVER has been one! It is the Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH established, formed and initiated by Jesus HIMSELF.(Matthew 16:13-21) Men such as Luther, Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, and the hundreds of "prodigal son" rebellious and defiant reformists,(since the Reformation) founded denominations. This forum is "inundated" by other man-made, bible only, self-interpreting reformist preachers---(self-appointed and self proclaimed) bible ministers that continue to splinter, fracture and divide the Body of Christ and the Body of Believers. Paul confirms (in I Timothy 3:15) that the CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, "not" 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (bible only Protestant denominations of "relative truth" (what each person or denomination decide as truth! AND that ONE and ONLY TRUTH is in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church which has existed since the time of Christ, over 2000 years ago. The BRIDE---JESUS' BRIDE--The (ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH)!
It is a denomination, open your eyes buddy, it's an expansionist religion, and it has nothing to do with god/jesus it's all about power,greed,money. nothing about religion.

Prince George, Canada

#455722 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>even oldjg is telling that it was impossible for od to have had sex with mary to create jesus. notice that word" create".
so the question must be asked.Can a human being take the form of God? the answer of course is no, a resounding NO!!!!!!!
therefore Jesus could not have taken anything from mary, including her DNA.
so this leaves only ONE alternative, Jesus changed Himself into that Embryo, it was neer has Robert wishes to say that God Created an embryo. JESUS WAS NOT A CREATED EMBRYO. Jesus is God who took Manhood upon Himself.
Jesus took Manhood or Humanity or Flesh upon Himself. It cannot be the other way around, mary could not give Humanity to the Son of God.
The god of the Jews likes to do things the complicated way.

Humans created him that way. That's why he's nuttier than a fruitcake.

Prince George, Canada

#455723 Jun 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Roman Catholic Dogma....????? AGAIN!!!!
Another Roman Catholic lie....Not the immaculate conception but the IMMACULATE "DECEPTION"
If you become a Jew today, Jehovah might share with you his secret about why he created evil along with good.

This is a paid advertisement.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455724 Jun 23, 2013
The SBC does not teach that baptism is necessary for Salvation....regeneration..... .but Catholics do....both cannot possibly be right...

Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.

Prince George, Canada

#455725 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely we all are in some sort of "insecurity" concerning our lack of knowing. And we all act differently, and have different demons to fight.
So you still have demons to fight?

Where is that Jew Jesus in this new drama? Didn't he wipe all your sins away ... or did he just smear them around a little here and there???

Prince George, Canada

#455726 Jun 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Roman Catholic Dogma.....?????
One lie after another. Where do the lies end and the truth begin?
Are only the religious myths that others value based on lies ... or to be fair, could it be that all myths in all religions (including yours) are based on lies???

Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455727 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe I should have been clearer.
One does not need "organized religion"?
Do you always allow men to decide what you are to believe?
If the answer is "no", then Self has interjected.
New Age Spiritual Leader

But how much poorer in our understanding would we be, for lack of perspective through time if we did not have organized religion?

Being self/Self aware, and forgetting everything else is sort of a mind game, and lends oneself to be easily manipulated. There is a sense of isolation, when in fact Creation has a sort of flow. If you don't know where you came from, then how will you get to where you want to go?

So without organized religion, there is a lack of dimension in our lives.

But also I would agree with you that one can be distracted by organized religion from seeking a goal, and be in a sense "content" without moving toward a goal. Of course I call that being "at one" with God. You may call it..., Self. I call it worship, you may call it enlightenment.

So we beg to differ. Its fine with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 4 hr Doc Caliban 7
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr Anonymous 83,891
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Married in 8,689
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web