Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
439,361 - 439,380 of 538,778 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455434 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She was conceived if the Holy Spirit ..
Again I honestly think SOME non Catholics,are against her to be in contrast to Catholic practices.
Personally I can't see Cowboy meeting Jesus and letting Him know,He thinks He had a,bad mother..That God was sadly mistaken in trusting her with His care!!!
I honestly don't get it.
You do not have to worship her or reverence her
To have respect and empathy fir her
is a person showing respect by LYING about her?

ponder on that. I never said anything about mary that didn't come from the Bible.

Location hidden

#455435 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting-KayMarie
Most certainly, Mary was human like the rest of us.
In this story, her familiarity of Jesus always being near, and suddenly realize he is not, is for us a reminder, that when we sin, Jesus may withdraw his presence from us, until we turn, repent, and search him with great anxiety. We will find Him doing His Father's business.
Mary again, leads us to Jesus, as she does for us to the Cross. But we must go.
first, the Bible says that thru the Holy Ghost we are drawn to the Father, and there the blood of Jesus cleanseth us from sin and we become joint heirs with Christ.

not my fault if you don't know this.NOW YOU DO!!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455436 Jun 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
With all due respect
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
She has nothing to do with our salvation...Just as John Baptist was the forerunner of Christ
She was a necessary supporting actor on the stage in
the event/drama of the arrival of Christ on earth...
SHE DID NOT BRE OUR GRIEFS
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs,
SHE DID NOT CARRY OUR SORROWS
and carried our sorrows:
SHE WAS NOT... BELIEVED TO BE.. STRICKEN, SMITTEN OF GOD AND AFFLICTED
yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
SHE WAS NOT WOUNDED FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS...
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions,
SHE WAS NOT BRUISED FOR OUR INIQUITIES...
he was bruised for our iniquities:
THE CHASTISEMENT OF OUR PEACE WAS NOT UPON HER...
the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
SHE DID NOT BEAR THE STRIPES FOR OUR HEALING
and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way;
GOD DID NOT LAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD UPON MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...
the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS WAS AN INSTRUMENT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IN THE HANDS OF GOD...
AFTER HER TASK WAS FINISH IN BIRTHING JESUS ....SHE WAS A NORMAL MOTHER AND HOUSEWIFE TO HER HUSBAND JOSEPH .
SHE GAVE BIRTH TO A LARGE FAMILY
HER CHILDREN'S NAME GIVEN IN MATTHEW 6:3 ARE
JESUS---James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and HIS SISTERS ...
SHE WAS A VIRGIN WHEN JESUS WAS BORN...THEN EVIDENTLY
A VIRTUOUS WOMAN TILL HER DEATH.
AS FOR HER NEGLECTING JESUS (AT THE AGE OF TWELVE)
SHE PROBABLY HAD OTHER BABIES TO TAKE CARE OF, AND JESUS GOT LOST LEFT BEHIND UNINTENTIONALLY...IN THE
EXCITEMENT OF IT ALL...
confrinting with the word:

And with all due respect back to you dear confrinting, Jesus would not have been born without Mary. He would not have become human in all ways except without sin. Thus, the plan of God from eternity would not have come to pass without Mary(and actually for each of us). But in her we can see God, and know his existence as a man, to the greatest degree God has planned.

This makes her the most outstanding participant in human history, as a purely human being. And as a mother, she was the best, God sought after. This makes her a type of Christian we seek to be like.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455437 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I just pointed out to Anthony, Jesus was never King on this Earth, so mary could not be a queen, if so, then joseph is a king to.
remember what we posted about mary finding Jesus at the temple, sshe used these words, "your father and I were worried".so why don't catholics lift Joseph up as King also.lol
I dont acknowledge mary as my mother since the Bible tells us that we are now Brothers to Christ thru His Blood sacrifice. Mary never prayed one prayer for me or any now living, she never sustained me, nor fed me, nor gave me to drink, but Jesus has.
mary was a surrogate mother, and when he left this world, we read no more about mary, her star demimished until she went to live with he Son
Preston:

It is hard to write small opinions on many subjects and have them all add up to a cohesive whole. So let me tackle the first subject you wrote about, that Jesus is never King on the Earth.

I say quite the opposite, that Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords.(Rev 19:16). For us it appears like a future event, but since God is outside of time, this is eternally true of Jesus. God is the same past, present, and future.

For those who are with and of Jesus and toward Jesus, the Second Coming, is a fact. And such a fact makes it true for all time.

You may be confused with the prince of the air, which is Satan, and even tempts Jesus in the Wilderness, with some pseudo-power over the kingdoms of this earth.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#455438 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
I believe you. I know Preston's views on this are weird. And one can only speculate on his views, and the reasons he has for them. I suspect it has something to do do with his need to be dominating, and others(especially women) to be under him.
Having quite a broad range of experience, I would say in general, the Protestant and neo-Protestant groups accept her as someone special in the life of Jesus, but they don't go much farther than that.
What is most dangerous here is that Preston removes Jesus' humanity, by eliminating Mary, and calling her a surrogate. More or less he thinks God planted a created human embryo in Mary, and that would of course not make Jesus of human lineage, but a 2nd created "human being". It is dangerous for himself, and others who listen to him.
I came across this before with a good Christian I know..it puzzled me

The SEED of the WOMAN will crush the head if the serpent

I find thus enlightening..show a why there are 2 geneaoligies.

JESUS was a blood descendant of David Through Mary thru Nathan

,He was also a LEGAL heir thru Joseph thru Jeconuah. Being the first born son by adoption.

And here is where I think..God tends to details.
Jeconiah could not be the blood ancestor of Jesus as his line was cursed...So any scribe in the pay of the King WOULD nit see Jesus as a threat .. unfortunately Her or was nit subtle in trying to kill the Messiah..But the serpent does not have prescience or knowledge of God's,plans!!!!!!

One has to suppose he was,always trying to thwart TH a t pesky step on his head thing
http://www.abideinchrist.com/messages/onlyleg...
marge

Ames, IA

#455439 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting-KayMarie
Most certainly, Mary was human like the rest of us.
In this story, her familiarity of Jesus always being near, and suddenly realize he is not, is for us a reminder, that when we sin, Jesus may withdraw his presence from us, until we turn, repent, and search him with great anxiety. We will find Him doing His Father's business.
Mary again, leads us to Jesus, as she does for us to the Cross. But we must go.
That is blasphemy Robert, Mary does no such thing only God can.

Unless your saying Mary like all born-again believers tell others about Jesus.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#455440 Jun 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is saying it's like a parable..Nit that MARY leads us.

But that she was looking fir Him as we do..

As the Father looked down the road in the parable of the Prodigal

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455441 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
The phrase "full of grace" is a translation of the Greek word kecharitomene. This word represents the proper name of the person being addressed by the angel, and it therefore expresses a characteristic quality of Mary. Kecharitomene is a perfect passive participle of charitoo, meaning "to fill or endow with grace." Since this term is in the perfect tense, it indicates a perfection of grace that is both intensive and extensive. This means that the grace Mary enjoyed was not a result of the angel’s visit, and was not only as "full" or strong or complete as possible at any given time, but it extended over the whole of her life, from conception onward. She was in a state of sanctifying grace from the first moment of her existence to have been called "full of grace."
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/immaculate-con...
No it is not....Greek is not necessarily Greek...you either have no idea from which dialect the NT was translated from...or you are avoiding using it because it reveals the truth...

Here are the five main dialects of ancient Greek that have been found on inscriptions. They are divided based on geography, with regional subdivisions. Following the ancient dialects are the other, more modern Greek languages.
1. Attic-Ionic Greek (represented in literature)

Ionic
East Ionic
Central Ionic
West Ionic
Attic (the Greek spoken in Attica, which includes Athens).
2. Achaean

Arcadian
Cyprian
Pamphylian

3. Aeolic (represented in literature)

Lesbian
Thessalian
Boeotian

4. Doric (represented in literature)

Laconian-Heraclean
Messenian
Argolic
Megarian,
Corinthian
Rhodian
Theran-Melian
Coan-Calymnian
Cretan

5. Northwest Greek

Phocian
Locrian
Elean
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455442 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>first, the Bible says that thru the Holy Ghost we are drawn to the Father, and there the blood of Jesus cleanseth us from sin and we become joint heirs with Christ.
not my fault if you don't know this.NOW YOU DO!!
Preston:

I can agree with you here, and I would say in general this is true. But I leave God's Providence in His Hands. God may work through whatever means to draw a person to salvation in Jesus

In general we are fortunate in living in a Christianized culture, which is not so purely dependent upon justice, but allows for mercy. So we are in general drawn by the mercy of God, which is Love manifested by the Holy Spirit, which brings us to Jesus.

The flowing of the Spirit then brings us to the Father, that we all might be one with God. We would be brought to nothing without the Holy Spirit.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#455443 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I just pointed out to Anthony, Jesus was never King on this Earth, so mary could not be a queen, if so, then joseph is a king to.
remember what we posted about mary finding Jesus at the temple, sshe used these words, "your father and I were worried".so why don't catholics lift Joseph up as King also.lol
I dont acknowledge mary as my mother since the Bible tells us that we are now Brothers to Christ thru His Blood sacrifice. Mary never prayed one prayer for me or any now living, she never sustained me, nor fed me, nor gave me to drink, but Jesus has.
mary was a surrogate mother, and when he left this world, we read no more about mary, her star demimished until she went to live with he Son
If she was only a surrogate then Jesus was nit wholly human and wholly divine.

He had to be human in order to be the perfect human to be sacrificed.

HE HAD to be from her SEED..AS the SEED of the woman crushes the head if the serpent

JESUS US blood heir to David through her blood

These are obviously in human terms as David was human.

Jesus us King if Kings but as you said this will happen on earth when He comes again in glory

Where do you get this surrogate stuff..She was nit just a receptacle..
http://www.abideinchrist.com/messages/onlyleg...

Location hidden

#455444 Jun 22, 2013
Catholics teach all born are guilty of the original sin of Adam and Eve..

This was God's reaction to same:

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life...

Where does He say: And from this day forth, all newborn will have their soul stained with the original sin of Adam/Eve....or words to that affect...

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#455445 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but if you knew anything about Biology and the human body, you would understand what I am talking about. I even have showed people how this embryo grows and attaches it self to the womb and takes on the characteristics of the human body.
Week 1–3 5–7 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus (endometrium). When it comes into contact with the endometrium it performs implantation. Implantation connections between the mother and the embryo will begin to form, including the umbilical cord. The embryo's growth centers around an axis, which will become the spine and spinal cord. The brain, spinal cord, heart, and gastrointestinal tract begin to form.[5]
now this is as simple to understand as it could be. if you don't understand , may I suggest that you return to jr high and learn some biology
In your church is He wholly human and wholly divine.

If so the SPIRIT of God came into her SEED. her egg.

Location hidden

#455446 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
It is hard to write small opinions on many subjects and have them all add up to a cohesive whole. So let me tackle the first subject you wrote about, that Jesus is never King on the Earth.
I say quite the opposite, that Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords.(Rev 19:16). For us it appears like a future event, but since God is outside of time, this is eternally true of Jesus. God is the same past, present, and future.
For those who are with and of Jesus and toward Jesus, the Second Coming, is a fact. And such a fact makes it true for all time.
You may be confused with the prince of the air, which is Satan, and even tempts Jesus in the Wilderness, with some pseudo-power over the kingdoms of this earth.
lol, I never get confused about the Bible, since I believe it from cover to cover and never tell lies about it.

John 12:31

King James Version (KJV)

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out
no king would have the devil as a prince of His Kingdom. pretty stupid of you to think so.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Location hidden

#455447 Jun 22, 2013
Whadda bout it Dan...willing to learn...talk to me!!!!

Thanks...I found those listed....What I posted, evidently was sort of a recap of what is later gone into detail...

But...I am having a difficulty with the first paragraph under that heading...

Theologians distinguish a twofold necessity, which they call a necessity of means (medii) and a necessity of precept (præcepti). The first (medii) indicates a thing to be so necessary that, if lacking (though inculpably), salvation can not be attained.

I can see, by their thinking, where Joh 3:5, and Mt 28:18-19, supports it.

The second (præcepti) is had when a thing is indeed so necessary that it may not be omitted voluntarily without sin; yet, ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.

What Scripture teaches: ignorance of the precept or inability to fulfill it, excuses one from its observance.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455448 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>doesnt say Mary does it?LOL
Preston:

I suppose, most of us would just like you to take a new fresh look at the relationship of Mary, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus.

We can't convince you to change your worldview. It is your rather harsh words concerning her, that have people on the defensive.

Mary was "overshadowed" by the Holy Spirit.

God is Trinity.(If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.)

Mary had God in her womb. When she spoke, the Elizabeth responded with the Holy Spirit.

For me, I find the words of Mary's greeting to Elizabeth as part of the fruit of the Spirit(love, joy, peace....). I desire you could see this too.

Location hidden

#455449 Jun 22, 2013
Hello!!!!

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what this means.

Sure I do...anybody who is not afraid of the truth....can see he is teaching Salvation through Mary!!!!!!!!

Oxbow wrote:
Here is more denial opportunity for you Anthony..

"Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." -Pope John Paul II

Location hidden

#455450 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confrinting with the word:
And with all due respect back to you dear confrinting, Jesus would not have been born without Mary. He would not have become human in all ways except without sin. Thus, the plan of God from eternity would not have come to pass without Mary(and actually for each of us). But in her we can see God, and know his existence as a man, to the greatest degree God has planned.
This makes her the most outstanding participant in human history, as a purely human being. And as a mother, she was the best, God sought after. This makes her a type of Christian we seek to be like.
pretty stupid of anyone to suggest that mary was the ONLY virgin in the Nation of Israel.

If one person doesn't wish to obey God, he can find another, and will.

Location hidden

#455451 Jun 22, 2013
Ant!!!!

Still waiting for you to show me how to link a web site so I can see the truth you promised...I am always interested in the truth...how boutit????

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how to link a web site? Don't ask GIF or old jug head..

What do you think???

<quoted text>
Willing to learn...show me...
From the website I quoted from:
Also notice the official "Coat of Arms" of John Paul II...
I got this pic off the Vatican website. Notice the huge letter "M" signifying John Paul II's desire to glorify MARY as his god in his pontificate.
The Presents of God ministry
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455452 Jun 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
marge:

Mary, for me, is a special type of Christian.

I think most profound for me, is that she had physical contact with God in her womb for 9 months. And it is hard for me to imagine that this did not have some profound effects on her.

I know, when I sense the presence of God in my life, that this has effects on me, some of which I am aware, but for the most part I accept in faith.

I think God works good for all those who believe, and in whatever manner God seems most fit for us. Some find reflecting on God with love, joy, peace, in a mountain lake, or seashore. Some find it in their neighbor. Some find it in the Bible, or Mary, parables.

For me, it is found in the isolated room, where distractions are silenced.

The question of just how far have we come with Jesus in our walk with him, is left for each of us to answer. The Holy Spirit works in ways we cannot understand.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#455453 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>pretty stupid of anyone to suggest that mary was the ONLY virgin in the Nation of Israel.
If one person doesn't wish to obey God, he can find another, and will.
But He chose her fir her faithfulness..And lineage

He knew she would accept as He knows all. past present and future

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 17 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••