Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647011 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

youtube

AOL

#455646 Jun 23, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#455647 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Again, your theory that God created an embryo and implanted it by explaining with modern medical procedures falls short. And it goes to the basic necessity of Jesus being a human being, in the lineage(LINEAGE!) of humanity.
You disconnect humanity from Jesus when you say that God created an egg and put it in Mary.
The main problem is that it makes no sense..
If you dig even deeper, you will see how silly it is to believe that a god impregnated a woman on earth so that the god could get his message through to the people.

If the god would tell every human on earth via telepathy that at a certain time for five minutes he will make all the universe dark and then turn the lights back on ... we would all know that he exists and means business.

But the only people that seem to receive messages from a god or gods don't agree on the messages, and in turn they wrote stupid nonsense in books that caused and to this cause the ignorant humans to fight over who is a favorite of the god or gods.

You will see, but only when you stop being silly and stop believing that you are more special to a god than not only other forms of life, but of other humans.

Ridiculous!!!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455648 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But is there a god that serves you, just because you believe that is the case???
That is a question you refuse to ask of your self-perceived "favored" self.
June

That is a double loaded question. How could anyone answer it?

Let me try. Hmmm.

One comes to believe, due to trusting in Truth. If Truth serves by exposing falsehood, then there is God.

Not so hard as I thought.

Delta, Canada

#455649 Jun 23, 2013
It was probably just a story made up to entertain, but if it was based on fact ... from my perception the words from the boy ought to have moved Augustine out of his religion to in turn stop writing such foolishness as though what he wrote was based on truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

St. Augustine

One episode of his life has been frequently represented. The story is that, while walking along the seashore, St. Augustine came upon a small boy who was apparently trying to empty the entire ocean into a hole in the sand. The saint remarked to the youngster that he was seemingly attempting the impossible. To this the boy replied,‘No more so than for thee to explain the mysteries on which thou art meditating.’

Delta, Canada

#455650 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
That is a double loaded question. How could anyone answer it?
Let me try. Hmmm.
One comes to believe, due to trusting in Truth. If Truth serves by exposing falsehood, then there is God.
Not so hard as I thought.
So, when the Muslims believe THEIR theologians are preaching truth, do you believe what they believe IS true???

If not ... WHY not???

The answer IS, because they were indoctrinated by Islam and you were indoctrinated by Catholicism.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455651 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dig even deeper, you will see how silly it is to believe that a god impregnated a woman on earth so that the god could get his message through to the people.
If the god would tell every human on earth via telepathy that at a certain time for five minutes he will make all the universe dark and then turn the lights back on ... we would all know that he exists and means business.
But the only people that seem to receive messages from a god or gods don't agree on the messages, and in turn they wrote stupid nonsense in books that caused and to this cause the ignorant humans to fight over who is a favorite of the god or gods.
You will see, but only when you stop being silly and stop believing that you are more special to a god than not only other forms of life, but of other humans.
Ridiculous!!!
June

God has already turned the lights off, and those in the dark are wandering around in their "progressive" mazes.

Here is the point, God created the Universe to operate in space and time. He can interfere in this operation. But imposing Himself on others is not His Way. Rather learning obedience, to be obedient to love, is our best solution, and that's when the light goes on.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455652 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how much your words mean to me.today.
Talk about a God moment
Thank you so much
We serve an Amazing God..Is all I can say through my tears.
And the last 2 days,I have been guilty of that being RIGHT thing.
Myself ..
DR. Stanley's sermon about the God Sized hole in our hearts is one of the many things the Spirit put in my path to bring me to Jesus..It's why I love his preaching :)
RoSesz:

You are quite right.

It took me quite awhile to understand that I will not change other people's world view, especially on a forum like this.

Religious people can be the most stubborn, when it comes to trying to express their understanding of the Bible.

I try to view my time here as sharing. That is a work of charity. Some accept, others refuse. It is not so important for me to convince anyone. But it is nice to get a confirmation, or for someone to rethink their ideas. And perhaps in sharing we grow together in Christ, in ways we are not meant to understand now....
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455653 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when the Muslims believe THEIR theologians are preaching truth, do you believe what they believe IS true???
If not ... WHY not???
The answer IS, because they were indoctrinated by Islam and you were indoctrinated by Catholicism.
June:

Why ask the question, if you know the answer?

Islam(calling itself a religion of peace), actually like most other religions is firstly concerned with justice. And the execution of that justice..., such as honor killings.

Christianity is unique(when properly practiced) in that mercy comes before justice. And that is why the world seeking justice/revenge seeks to destroy Christianity.

I was not indoctrinated by Catholicism. In short, I was brought up in a rather tepid religious backround of Methodism, which went to philosophy, then to theosophy. I searched through various religions until I ended in Catholicism.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455654 Jun 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
You are quite right.
It took me quite awhile to understand that I will not change other people's world view, especially on a forum like this.
Religious people can be the most stubborn, when it comes to trying to express their understanding of the Bible.
I try to view my time here as sharing. That is a work of charity. Some accept, others refuse. It is not so important for me to convince anyone. But it is nice to get a confirmation, or for someone to rethink their ideas. And perhaps in sharing we grow together in Christ, in ways we are not meant to understand now....
Was really getting frustrated. And it came to me God is right not us.

Arguing amongst ourselves on a mystery is unseemly.

Fyi.

I liked your explanation just now..

But nit going to argue with cowboy on it..:)

Peace

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455655 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fyi.
Peace
human being once went by Robert F and now is trolling as this creature.

Robert will tell anybody anything that he thinks that they want to hear. kay warned you about these types of people.

it is easy to see that you are carnal minded and not able to realize the Works of God. that leans on your catholic background.

and unlike robert, I will always speak the truth no matter if you like it or understand it.

My words are true because I don't need to lie to convince you or anyone else.

I am more interested in safeguarding my soul to be as tricky dick Robert and thee other catholics on here
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455656 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how much your words mean to me.today.
Talk about a God moment
Thank you so much
We serve an Amazing God..Is all I can say through my tears.
And the last 2 days,I have been guilty of that being RIGHT thing.
Myself ..
DR. Stanley's sermon about the God Sized hole in our hearts is one of the many things the Spirit put in my path to bring me to Jesus..It's why I love his preaching :)
I have a site with his devotionals I think he may even be on the site I gave you under devotionals from many others.
A God moment long time since I heard that.
Don't you love it when He does things like that.
We do serve an Amazing God .
The forever Pursuing Spirit of God never stops gently nodding us in the right direction.
The words [BE STILL AND KNOW "I AM GOD"] says it all doesn't it.
You have been a blessing to me too,:)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455657 Jun 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If not ... WHY not???
There is a big difference June, the Muslim Allah is not our God.
Are you familiar with the verse.
Matthew 18: 1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455658 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fyi.
Peace
Charles Stanley: In Touch Devotional
SOURCE: Charles Stanley: In Touch Devotional
Devotional Index
The Earth is the Lord's,
and the fulness thereof;
Christ.com : Contents
www.Christ.com

Hope this works

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455659 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>human being once went by Robert F and now is trolling as this creature.
Robert will tell anybody anything that he thinks that they want to hear. kay warned you about these types of people.
it is easy to see that you are carnal minded and not able to realize the Works of God. that leans on your catholic background.
and unlike robert, I will always speak the truth no matter if you like it or understand it.
I am more interested in safeguarding my soul to be as tricky dick Robert and thee other catholics on here
Well for a a preacher you won't accept the apology I made for the argument. And then cal me names..lovely example to the non believers watching.

Will say it again
.wrong to argue on a mystery of God ..I know what I feel is correct and have actually checked with a few non Catholics on another forum so I know I am not losing my faculties. Obviously you think you have some better extra biblical lnowledge ..We do nit agree obviously

But you can continue to argue and insult by yourself cowboy.

My first post today was for reconciliation..accept it or nit brother.

When we are meant to actually KNOW for sure the mysteries of God ..He will tell us..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455660 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles Stanley: In Touch Devotional
SOURCE: Charles Stanley: In Touch Devotional
Devotional Index
The Earth is the Lord's,
and the fulness thereof;
Christ.com : Contents
www.Christ.com
Hope this works
Good link ..not sure if it's Stanley but nice one :)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455661 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>human being once went by Robert F and now is trolling as this creature.
In case you missed it
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455662 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good link ..not sure if it's Stanley but nice one :)
Yeah he is on there just keep going down the page to context on the left side and click on devotionals you will go right to all devotionals by him and others.

Location hidden

#455663 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for a a preacher you won't accept the apology I made for the argument. And then cal me names..lovely example to the non believers watching.
Will say it again
.wrong to argue on a mystery of God ..I know what I feel is correct and have actually checked with a few non Catholics on another forum so I know I am not losing my faculties. Obviously you think you have some better extra biblical lnowledge ..We do nit agree obviously
But you can continue to argue and insult by yourself cowboy.
My first post today was for reconciliation..accept it or nit brother.
When we are meant to actually KNOW for sure the mysteries of God ..He will tell us..
first I NEVER saw any apology and besides that, no apology is necessary since this is a forum, in which dummies as well as ignorant people participate on. and no it is NOT WRONG to disagree on the WORD of GOD.

the Bible says that we are to use the Bible for reproof and correction.

as far as some "extra bible knowledge", that is a lie. Do I know more about the Bible than you. Probably. I have spent many years atudying His Word, also learning some Hebrew along the Way, as well as learning some Jewish traditions.

you would do well, to keep your trap shut and learn some manners, as well as your typing expertise. you are even worse than I am and that is saying something.

last. you can check with all of the non catholics that you wish, that makes no difference, many people have opinions, THAT DOESNT MAKE THEM RIGHT.

I NEVER ASKED YOU TO DISCUSS ONE THING WITH ME NOR DID I ASK YOU TO ARGUE WITH ME OR AGREE WITH ME. YOU CHOSE TO DO SO.

Location hidden

#455664 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you missed it
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
i DONT HIT LINKS FROM PEOPLE THAT I DISAGREE WITH.

and especially with your attitude

I learned a valuable lesson from Dom a couple of years ago

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455665 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>i DONT HIT LINKS FROM PEOPLE THAT I DISAGREE WITH.
and especially with your attitude
I learned a valuable lesson from Dom a couple of years ago
Ok will repost so you know I'm not a liar and that is a Topix link.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowboy..brother
I have posted this link at least 3 timeshttp://www.abideinchrist. com/messages/onlylegitimatemes siah.html
And this at least once
http://www.heartofisrael.net/chazak/articles/...
Both show Messiah to be the legal son of Joseph in the eyes of man's law
HOWEVER
upon Praying on this,subject..I am sorry fir our argument
Fir me it's always been simple.
SHE is His mother.
I had no idea that there was,doubt on THIS.
And it shook me .
I still believe she is...But arguing it is not a worthy occupation.
It will remain one of those mysteries that humans do not agree on I guess.
And not necessary to salvation that we know just how God accomplished the miracle. neuroscIentist that by this miracle the Son of God was born ..suffered and died fir our RANSOM..AND arose again defeating the grave.
The rest about His mother ..And her life we will find out in heaven.
God bless you and keep you and make His,light to Shine on you.
And I am sorry to anyone else who was pulled into this argument
Who is wrong and who is right is Gids business
They are enlightening
Thankfully I am already a Christian.

As if you were the person I had as an example ..Oh well
I have not ..though tempted..insulted you.And won't start now.

You choose to insult and argue in a done argument
I am humble enough to know GOD and His word are all I need ..

Nit a forum or a preacher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Im Free 10,167
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 15 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web