Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681916 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#455612 Jun 22, 2013
Gum Chum????
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455613 Jun 22, 2013
i sleep perfectly like many night and days not..i don't feel that sweet dream..this night yes..
very please..when i open my eyes..oh i say..my mind=eye yep pure and clear blue..rosary working

Sweet Jesus you are for us!
He love us!
-love your Mother and Father
da ti dobro bude na zemlji..

He come fulfill law..
Jesus Christ name above all.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455614 Jun 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke Aramaic and Syriac dialect. The "original" writers in his immediate surroundings would have written in these familiar language(s).
Where are these writings?
Everything you have is of a later date, or an area far removed from immediacy(contemporary), making them inaccurate renderings(to say the least). Did you ever wonder why? Do you understand what "redaction" is. Your bible is elaborated to the point it is almost purely "fable".
The Word of God forbids me to give to you what is Holy...

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455615 Jun 22, 2013
Jesus is Son of God..
If you say deference..i don't believe you..i been teach like that i will died like that=Jesus Christ is
Son of God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#455616 Jun 22, 2013
2 Cor 5:12
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455617 Jun 23, 2013
did you sold your soul..how much for few coins..few silver..or what..
silly dance on moon and stars

What represent day ..what represent night?
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455618 Jun 23, 2013
disco
di=id id di..
who will control you
ocessidid hoces sidit
hoces se idit=ljutit Mr or Mrs Paprika
o well they can call you prija or prika=its friendly call for friends..which one..o ..did they are..maybe all gone on wrong path..why=silly night=luda noc
Vatican

Philippines

#455619 Jun 23, 2013
The Vatican is someone else's throne room and palace.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#455620 Jun 23, 2013
wind=3000 years old altar somewhere in india..
did represent your god..wirpulovici
wir or wirpule like horn hu hu hu

now
horn is not God
wind ..whats that mean..
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#455621 Jun 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
No denomination will get anyone into heaven
Have you heard of this group ..spread the word by discipleship and scripture while hiding from the Church and Emperor..very.old history
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
When you have time..3 videos are on YouTube. Not sure which period this one encompassed.
The Catholic Church is NOT denomination! It NEVER has been one! It is the Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH established, formed and initiated by Jesus HIMSELF.(Matthew 16:13-21) Men such as Luther, Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, and the hundreds of "prodigal son" rebellious and defiant reformists,(since the Reformation) founded denominations. This forum is "inundated" by other man-made, bible only, self-interpreting reformist preachers---(self-appointed and self proclaimed) bible ministers that continue to splinter, fracture and divide the Body of Christ and the Body of Believers. Paul confirms (in I Timothy 3:15) that the CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, "not" 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (bible only Protestant denominations of "relative truth" (what each person or denomination decide as truth! AND that ONE and ONLY TRUTH is in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church which has existed since the time of Christ, over 2000 years ago. The BRIDE---JESUS' BRIDE--The (ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH)!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455622 Jun 23, 2013
Bible Verse of the Day

7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (KJV)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455623 Jun 23, 2013
Sunday, June 23, 2013

This Morning's Meditation

C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"Ephraim is a cake not turned."—Hosea 7:8.

cake not turned is uncooked on one side; and so Ephraim was, in many respects, untouched by divine grace: though there was some partial obedience, there was very much rebellion left. My soul, I charge thee, see whether this be thy case. Art thou thorough in the things of God? Has grace gone through the very centre of thy being so as to be felt in its divine operations in all thy powers, thy actions, thy words, and thy thoughts? To be sanctified, spirit, soul, and body, should be thine aim and prayer; and although sanctification may not be perfect in thee anywhere in degree, yet it must be universal in its action; there must not be the appearance of holiness in one place and reigning sin in another, else thou, too, wilt be a cake not turned.
A cake not turned is soon burnt on the side nearest the fire, and although no man can have too much religion, there are some who seem burnt black with bigoted zeal for that part of truth which they have received, or are charred to a cinder with a vainglorious Pharisaic ostentation of those religious performances which suit their humour. The assumed appearance of superior sanctity frequently accompanies a total absence of all vital godliness. The saint in public is a devil in private. He deals in flour by day and in soot by night. The cake which is burned on one side, is dough on the other.
If it be so with me, O Lord, turn me! Turn my unsanctified nature to the fire of Thy love and let it feel the sacred glow, and let my burnt side cool a little while I learn my own weakness and want of heat when I am removed from Thy heavenly flame. Let me not be found a double-minded man, but one entirely under the powerful influence of reigning grace; for well I know if I am left like a cake unturned, and am not on both sides the subject of Thy grace, I must be consumed for ever amid everlasting burnings.
headlinesPhotos

AOL

#455624 Jun 23, 2013

FALSE PROPHET & Mark of Beast -- In Plain View

http://youtu.be/j5gGtsNTTUo

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455625 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
Sunday, June 23, 2013
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon
----------
"Ephraim is a cake not turned."—Hosea 7:8.
cake not turned is uncooked on one side; and so Ephraim was, in many respects, untouched by divine grace: though there was some partial obedience, there was very much rebellion left. My soul, I charge thee, see whether this be thy case. Art thou thorough in the things of God? Has grace gone through the very centre of thy being so as to be felt in its divine operations in all thy powers, thy actions, thy words, and thy thoughts? To be sanctified, spirit, soul, and body, should be thine aim and prayer; and although sanctification may not be perfect in thee anywhere in degree, yet it must be universal in its action; there must not be the appearance of holiness in one place and reigning sin in another, else thou, too, wilt be a cake not turned.
A cake not turned is soon burnt on the side nearest the fire, and although no man can have too much religion, there are some who seem burnt black with bigoted zeal for that part of truth which they have received, or are charred to a cinder with a vainglorious Pharisaic ostentation of those religious performances which suit their humour. The assumed appearance of superior sanctity frequently accompanies a total absence of all vital godliness. The saint in public is a devil in private. He deals in flour by day and in soot by night. The cake which is burned on one side, is dough on the other.
If it be so with me, O Lord, turn me! Turn my unsanctified nature to the fire of Thy love and let it feel the sacred glow, and let my burnt side cool a little while I learn my own weakness and want of heat when I am removed from Thy heavenly flame. Let me not be found a double-minded man, but one entirely under the powerful influence of reigning grace; for well I know if I am left like a cake unturned, and am not on both sides the subject of Thy grace, I must be consumed for ever amid everlasting burnings.
Wow
Thanks fir that LTM
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455626 Jun 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is NOT denomination! It NEVER has been one! It is the Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH established, formed and initiated by Jesus HIMSELF.(Matthew 16:13-21) Men such as Luther, Zwingli, Wycliff, Hus, and the hundreds of "prodigal son" rebellious and defiant reformists,(since the Reformation) founded denominations. This forum is "inundated" by other man-made, bible only, self-interpreting reformist preachers---(self-appointed and self proclaimed) bible ministers that continue to splinter, fracture and divide the Body of Christ and the Body of Believers. Paul confirms (in I Timothy 3:15) that the CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, "not" 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (bible only Protestant denominations of "relative truth" (what each person or denomination decide as truth! AND that ONE and ONLY TRUTH is in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church which has existed since the time of Christ, over 2000 years ago. The BRIDE---JESUS' BRIDE--The (ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH)!
This is not the truth, HoJo. you have been blinded to the truth.
It is blaspheme to even think God would bless an earthy church lead by a sinful man.
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of Heaven, His Kingdom is not of this world, His Holy Church Jesus called His little flock,(WHICH IS PEOPLE) you boost about numbers, why does that matter, Jesus said
Matthew 7: 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Your catholic church has not brought forth good fruit; it has done evil in the eyes of God.
It has change the word of God even spoke evil against it, forbidding the people to read it, when Jesus Himself told us to search the scriptures.
Get the behind me satan, your day is almost over.
Hell awaits for satan and his angel and all who follow him.
Go away Hojo with you stupid lies, you have made the Pope your master he is the false prophet who promises you heaven, and is leading you to hell.
Mary is not God the Fathers Mother: the Holy Spirit did not have sex with Mary; a embryo was placed in her womb, as God form man out of the dust of the earth He also formed this embryo.
God is before time, how can Mary be His mother; The Holy Trinity , is Father, Son, Holy Spirit; 3 persons in one Holy God.
The Father, is not the Son, nor is the son the Holy Spirit,
the Father is a person, the son is a person The Holy Spirit is a person. Mary was the vessel by which (God the Son) entered the world in human flesh; and walked among us.
Jesus is fully human; which Mary gave born to and is the Mother of.
Jesus is fully God, which she is not Mother of; its impossible to be the Mother of a spirit which God is.
God the Father, is God the Sons first born, He is the word of God spoke into exists .
John 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Read your Bible HoJo read your Bible all of it. sit at the knees of Jesus and learn His Holy Scriptures they are for you, and me and all man kind to learn who their Savior is .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455627 Jun 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. you didn't know that when joseph spoke those words, he became the LEGAL father of jesus and don't lie and say that you did.
Cowboy..brother

I have posted this link at least 3 timeshttp://www.abideinchrist. com/messages/onlylegitimatemes siah.html

And this at least once
http://www.heartofisrael.net/chazak/articles/...

Both show Messiah to be the legal son of Joseph in the eyes of man's law

HOWEVER

upon Praying on this,subject..I am sorry fir our argument

Fir me it's always been simple.

SHE is His mother.

I had no idea that there was,doubt on THIS.

And it shook me .

I still believe she is...But arguing it is not a worthy occupation.

It will remain one of those mysteries that humans do not agree on I guess.

And not necessary to salvation that we know just how God accomplished the miracle. neuroscIentist that by this miracle the Son of God was born ..suffered and died fir our RANSOM..AND arose again defeating the grave.

The rest about His mother ..And her life we will find out in heaven.

God bless you and keep you and make His,light to Shine on you.

And I am sorry to anyone else who was pulled into this argument

Who is wrong and who is right is Gids business

They are enlightening
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#455628 Jun 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
Thanks fir that LTM
Your welcome "RoSesz if you want to read more of C. H. Spurgeon,
go to www.christ.com Devotionals. I start and end my day there.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455629 Jun 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
An infidel; one who discredits revelation, or the mission, character and doctrines of Christ. 2 Cor 6.
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
KAY

I just apologized to cowboy for arguing .

You are correct to rebuke us.

Though I honestly have always thought it unseemly for Catholics and non Catholics to argue about the private life if Mary and Joseph.

Some how that got dragged into the other subject

MOTHER vs,Surrogate.

Anyhow spending a while day arguing over the mystery that we frankly have no at if knowing is also unseemly between Christian brothers,and sisters.

We will know more when we are at our final destination.

I pray that one if the joys in heaven is to be ABKE to learn about all the mysteries and lives of people we only know a bit about from His word.

I pray that this is something I will be given..knowing full well I deserve nothing.

God bless you Kay

And to any one else with this argument whatever we BELUEVE it is nit right to fight over who is correct..Nit on such a miracle

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455630 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome "RoSesz if you want to read more of C. H. Spurgeon,
go to www.christ.com Devotionals. I start and end my day there.
Thanks so much I Ibookmarked it..have heard of him

I like Dr Stanley myself..And sadly have not read enough ..So this link is aporeciated.

So what I read here is so appropriate !! In light of how I was arguing to be right .on one of His mysteries..

.God is very merciful
And as to your post ..We can all become half baked cookies:)

Anything even a forum can used as temptation to not walk in His ways!!

http://www.intouch.org/Magazine/DailyDevotion...
Times of Temptation

00:0001:40
Saturday, June 22, 2013

1 Corinthians 10:6-13

Scripture teaches that at times we’ll all be tempted to act in ways contrary to God’s commands. Our circumstances are not unique to us; others have faced similar situations. Yesterday, we learned an acrostic to help us resist enticement: we can put a “halt” to letting ourselves be too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. That is, we are wise to eat regularly, experience the peace God offers, stay in fellowship with others, and get enough rest.

But where does the urge to sin come from? Sources of temptation can be the world we live in, the Devil, or something within ourselves. The world wants us to join in on its sensual, selfish pursuits. Satan wants to turn us away from God. And our self-focused “flesh” nature wants us to be in control, not the Lord.

Does God ever tempt us? No, according to James 1:13. Our Father doesn’t want us to do evil; He will, however, test us to reveal to you and me our motives and attitudes. He also uses times of testing to mature us and transform us into Christ’s likeness. His work is always for our good.

Remember, it is not sinful to experience temptation. Feeling tempted is not the same as committing a sin. Jesus Himself was tempted by the Devil at a time of great weariness and physical need, after spending 40 days in the desert without food. Do not judge yourself harshly when you feel enticed toward ungodliness. Only when we act upon the enticement do we cross the line into sin.

The Lord knows exactly how to rescue every one of us from the temptations that we encounter. The question is, How good are you at responding to His direction

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455631 Jun 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the truth, HoJo. you have been blinded to the truth.
It is blaspheme to even think God would bless an earthy church lead by a sinful man.
Jesus came preaching the Kingdom of Heaven, His Kingdom is not of this world, His Holy Church Jesus called His little flock,(WHICH IS PEOPLE) you boost about numbers, why does that matter, Jesus said
Matthew 7: 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Your catholic church has not brought forth good fruit; it has done evil in the eyes of God.
It has change the word of God even spoke evil against it, forbidding the people to read it, when Jesus Himself told us to search the scriptures.
Get the behind me satan, your day is almost over.
Hell awaits for satan and his angel and all who follow him.
Go away Hojo with you stupid lies, you have made the Pope your master he is the false prophet who promises you heaven, and is leading you to hell.
Mary is not God the Fathers Mother: the Holy Spirit did not have sex with Mary; a embryo was placed in her womb, as God form man out of the dust of the earth He also formed this embryo.
God is before time, how can Mary be His mother; The Holy Trinity , is Father, Son, Holy Spirit; 3 persons in one Holy God.
The Father, is not the Son, nor is the son the Holy Spirit,
the Father is a person, the son is a person The Holy Spirit is a person. Mary was the vessel by which (God the Son) entered the world in human flesh; and walked among us.
Jesus is fully human; which Mary gave born to and is the Mother of.
Jesus is fully God, which she is not Mother of; its impossible to be the Mother of a spirit which God is.
God the Father, is God the Sons first born, He is the word of God spoke into exists .
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Read your Bible HoJo read your Bible all of it. sit at the knees of Jesus and learn His Holy Scriptures they are for you, and me and all man kind to learn who their Savior is .
LTM

I too have studied the history of the CC..And know ungodly men have sat in St Peter's chair.

And not going into the whole Mary thing again.

We will find out this mystery,s truth when God. Wills, it.

Can you understand at all..any one..That Catholics especially us older folk. We're taught that it is those of us who are not Catholic in practice. Are the ones in error.

They believe the Reformers were heretics.

And this generation being brought up with actual bible study ..has no experience that this WAS NOT done a few decades ago.

And they do not believe the Church kept bibles. Away from the common people...feeling the truth only could come through the priests.

I feel that God used the Church for His purpose. And also used the REFORMERS at a time when bibles could be more easily available.

Everything in His time.

Lol neither side agrees. Thinking only one way exists..

But we serve an AWESOME GOD.

spreading the word of Our precious Saviuir is His will..No matter who does..........snipped....e Saved souls in every denomination..since this is the work of each heart responding to the Call of the Spirit.

Only our Lord. Knows our hearts. And who does or does not have a relationship with Him

:)

And if this be true..That Jesus alone saves..We cannot reminisce the heart of another..imo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web