Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650211 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#455454 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
I suppose, most of us would just like you to take a new fresh look at the relationship of Mary, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus.
We can't convince you to change your worldview. It is your rather harsh words concerning her, that have people on the defensive.
Mary was "overshadowed" by the Holy Spirit.
God is Trinity.(If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.)
Mary had God in her womb. When she spoke, the Elizabeth responded with the Holy Spirit.
For me, I find the words of Mary's greeting to Elizabeth as part of the fruit of the Spirit(love, joy, peace....). I desire you could see this too.
I spoke nothing but the truth which is my charge.

my words can only be construed as one who wants to show you and others that Mary was human, like the rest of us. she wasn't any different than any other woman who bore a child, she hurt and was in pain(more pain that any man could bear). please don't call God a liar by insisting that she had no pain becaus e from the garden, this pain would fall on all women(blame eve, not me).

I never have mentioned liz and her conversation so why accuse me of anything like that.

as far as a new look, sorry, cant do that. Jesus said it was finished(his work) nothing more shall be added. what mary did , she did. it cant be changed .

you have no idea what 'overshadowed" means and please tell me what "harsh" words that I have used concerning mary. I am intrigued by any lies coming from you catholics on this issue.

I said she left Him and it took her four days to locate him. true or false.

she is called queen by you catholics because she was his mother, yet you don't call Joseph King. and mary call joseph, his father

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#455455 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
marge:
Mary, for me, is a special type of Christian.
I think most profound for me, is that she had physical contact with God in her womb for 9 months. And it is hard for me to imagine that this did not have some profound effects on her.
I know, when I sense the presence of God in my life, that this has effects on me, some of which I am aware, but for the most part I accept in faith.
I think God works good for all those who believe, and in whatever manner God seems most fit for us. Some find reflecting on God with love, joy, peace, in a mountain lake, or seashore. Some find it in their neighbor. Some find it in the Bible, or Mary, parables.
For me, it is found in the isolated room, where distractions are silenced.
The question of just how far have we come with Jesus in our walk with him, is left for each of us to answer. The Holy Spirit works in ways we cannot understand.
Plus Mary had the Divine gift of His presence in her life longer than a anyone else in earth.

It woukd be foolish to think they NEVER spoke if Godly things before His public ministry ..
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455456 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>pretty stupid of anyone to suggest that mary was the ONLY virgin in the Nation of Israel.
If one person doesn't wish to obey God, he can find another, and will.
Preston:

Here is your dilemma.

If Mary was not the only person that could have, under God's Plan been the mother of Jesus, then the entire Bible would have had to been written differently, and by different people. Especially the Gospels.

This would mean that the Bible we know is not the infallible word of God.

I am sorry. You are stuck with Mary being the mother of Jesus, whether you think someone else could have done the job or not.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#455457 Jun 22, 2013

Dan....if you responded I missed it...or forgot..

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28 is the passage.
Romans 3:23 deals with personal sin. Jesus Christ was without personal sin, I hope you'd admit.
Mary was conceived without sin as to be a stainless vessel for the New Covenant.
--------

Why are you refusing to answer my question??

Quote: What does this mean to you: For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.....
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455458 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I came across this before with a good Christian I know..it puzzled me
The SEED of the WOMAN will crush the head if the serpent
I find thus enlightening..show a why there are 2 geneaoligies.
JESUS was a blood descendant of David Through Mary thru Nathan
,He was also a LEGAL heir thru Joseph thru Jeconuah. Being the first born son by adoption.
And here is where I think..God tends to details.
Jeconiah could not be the blood ancestor of Jesus as his line was cursed...So any scribe in the pay of the King WOULD nit see Jesus as a threat .. unfortunately Her or was nit subtle in trying to kill the Messiah..But the serpent does not have prescience or knowledge of God's,plans!!!!!!
One has to suppose he was,always trying to thwart TH a t pesky step on his head thing
http://www.abideinchrist.com/messages/onlyleg...
RoSesz:

Interesting read.

I knew of the two lineages, but was not aware of the Jeconuah problem in Joseph's line.

It fills in some gap in my knowledge and understanding. Thank you.

Location hidden

#455459 Jun 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But He chose her fir her faithfulness..And lineage
He knew she would accept as He knows all. past present and future
for her lineage yes, for faithfulness, sorry but you don't know what you are talking about. her faithfulness came because she DID obey the words given to her.
you cant speak about an experience before she had that experience, you do know that right?
we can look at hindsight but she had no experience obeying God before that happened.
and in jewish religious lifestyle, girls and women very seldom participated in religious ceremonies. So she had no background in them.
just pay attention and I will teach you things that you have known nothing about in the past and present.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#455460 Jun 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one of these followers of truth will answer my question.
Do you believe (within the context of theology) that Jesus was a faithful Jew to Judaism just before he died ... or do you believe he had converted to Catholicism when he was baptized by John the Baptist???
Come on faithful ones. Stand up and take the bait.
Hey June.
was going to tell you what-for,but you seem to be doing to yourself just fine.
See you tonight on the show.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455461 Jun 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Hello!!!!
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what this means.
Sure I do...anybody who is not afraid of the truth....can see he is teaching Salvation through Mary!!!!!!!!
Oxbow wrote:
Here is more denial opportunity for you Anthony..
"Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." -Pope John Paul II
My mother helped me as a young boy in my faith in God. By her patient love for me she taught me how to be a good person and to love Jesus with all my heart. She taught me how to pray, how to offer up my suffering to Jesus. She prayed to God for me and my brothers and sisters from the moment were were born till the day she died. She was an instrument used by God by which I have the sure hope of salvation. Maybe your mother wasn't what mine was.

Mary is our spiritual Mother. We believe God uses her as in instrument to help us love and know His Son as she did. We believe she hears our requests to her to pray to the Father and the Son on our behalf. She doesn't save anyone by her own power but she points us to Jesus, in that way she plays a role in our salvation.

Go ahead and mock us, it only strenghtens our faith.

Location hidden

#455462 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Here is your dilemma.
If Mary was not the only person that could have, under God's Plan been the mother of Jesus, then the entire Bible would have had to been written differently, and by different people. Especially the Gospels.
This would mean that the Bible we know is not the infallible word of God.
I am sorry. You are stuck with Mary being the mother of Jesus, whether you think someone else could have done the job or not.
I have no dilemma, I have a very perfect understanding of His Word, and therefore, I don't believe for one second that God couldn't have used another surrogate woman to nurture Him. If mary refused(free will, remember), others would have been pleased to have been that one chosen.

the gospel of Thomas says that she had a sister, that would have qualified her the same as mary.lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#455463 Jun 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Ant!!!!
Still waiting for you to show me how to link a web site so I can see the truth you promised...I am always interested in the truth...how boutit????
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how to link a web site? Don't ask GIF or old jug head..
What do you think???
<quoted text>
Willing to learn...show me...
From the website I quoted from:
Also notice the official "Coat of Arms" of John Paul II...
I got this pic off the Vatican website. Notice the huge letter "M" signifying John Paul II's desire to glorify MARY as his god in his pontificate.
The Presents of God ministry
"From the website I quoted from"

Go to the address bar at the top of your screen, click once on the address so it's highlighted, right-click, click "copy" on the drop down bar, go to your comment screen on topix, right-click again and click "paste".

Get back to me when you figure it out.
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#455464 Jun 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June your opinions don't mean anything to me. they make as much since as Mary being queen of heaven.
You believe in nothing which means you do not exist, your a myth.
Hi LTM. Hope all is well. Here are those links you weren't able to bring up on the other forum last week:
www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...
www.scribd.com/doc/149384308 ...
God bless you richly!:)
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455465 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I never get confused about the Bible, since I believe it from cover to cover and never tell lies about it.
John 12:31
King James Version (KJV)
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out
no king would have the devil as a prince of His Kingdom. pretty stupid of you to think so.
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Preston

I think we are begrudging a point here.

Jesus is King of kings. He will judge the nations(Rev 15:4). This makes him King in heaven and earth. He rules the rulers. He has conquered them already while on earth, and in his resurrection.

Satan is left in a state of being between heaven and earth, suspended and the prince of the air.

God's Will is going to be done in heaven and on earth. I think not so much by force as we know "force" on the earth now, but by being judged already, and awaiting the hope in Christ, and Love of God.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#455466 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have no dilemma, I have a very perfect understanding of His Word, and therefore, I don't believe for one second that God couldn't have used another surrogate woman to nurture Him. If mary refused(free will, remember), others would have been pleased to have been that one chosen.
the gospel of Thomas says that she had a sister, that would have qualified her the same as mary.lol
Preston:

Then you believe in an erring Bible, and an erring God.

All of Creation rests on the acceptance of Mary's "Yes" to God, in having Jesus, and the Bible is not changeable to fit your beliefs that someone other than whom God called/asked to be the mother of Jesus....

You believe in your belief, not in God and an unerring/unchanging Bible.

I think I understand you a bit better now. Thank you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455467 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Interesting read.
I knew of the two lineages, but was not aware of the Jeconuah problem in Joseph's line.
It fills in some gap in my knowledge and understanding. Thank you.
Can't remember which but it came up in a book ..had never heard if Jeconuah..So looked it up..

See have read this too and a Christian sermon

Anyway

Satan took TH a t curse seriously ..And kept trying to thwart it..
ABEL dead.
Those in Noah time with perverted lineage.

Killing off David's heirs. Etc ..used human to do this, making them turn to false gods..

All along God knew who would be the mother..But dud nit make it easy fir Satan ..think maybe he was,like the Jews looking fir male descendants. Possibly..

GOD s,plan especially on Our redemption and every facet if Jesus life would nit be deterred in any way.

I look forward. To meeting the saints,in heaven. And talking about all thatvwexreadxin the bible...

Probably more mysteries than we can guess at..everything in the bible means something. Imo

Location hidden

#455468 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
I think we are begrudging a point here.
Jesus is King of kings. He will judge the nations(Rev 15:4). This makes him King in heaven and earth. He rules the rulers. He has conquered them already while on earth, and in his resurrection.
Satan is left in a state of being between heaven and earth, suspended and the prince of the air.
God's Will is going to be done in heaven and on earth. I think not so much by force as we know "force" on the earth now, but by being judged already, and awaiting the hope in Christ, and Love of God.
lol. so satan is just suspended in the air uh?

wonder what he was doing when he took Jesus up in the air?LOL

you aint got a clue as to what you are talking about. you mix several different things together to try and prove your POV

if satan is suspended in the air, how then could he take Jesus up to a mountain.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

don't bother me with your foolishness, learn then come back and we will discuss the Bible.
Anthony MN

United States

#455469 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
All of Creation rests on the acceptance of Mary's "Yes" to God, in having Jesus, and the Bible is not changeable to fit your beliefs that someone other than whom God called/asked to be the mother of Jesus....
He believes in his belief. Well put Robert.

Location hidden

#455470 Jun 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
prove to us Christians that if mary refused, then His Creation would fall apart.

I understood you from the beginning, you are a catholic and a stupid one at that. you are more dangerous than a jar of nitro

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#455471 Jun 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>for her lineage yes, for faithfulness, sorry but you don't know what you are talking about. her faithfulness came because she DID obey the words given to her.
you cant speak about an experience before she had that experience, you do know that right?
we can look at hindsight but she had no experience obeying God before that happened.
and in jewish religious lifestyle, girls and women very seldom participated in religious ceremonies. So she had no background in them.
just pay attention and I will teach you things that you have known nothing about in the past and present.
So you know she was not a pure faithful Jewish young woman chosen by God because He knew her faith and obedience would make her say yes to a proposal that coukd lead to her being stoned.

How???

You really do not have any faith in God's judgement ..from your posts.

SHE'S a bad mom ..She was only faithful after.

God coukd have picked some one else if s he said no..implying He did nit know she woukd say yes.

She was picked by Almighy God..And was no more just a receptacle than you are..not a surrogate ..bible says her SEED..She is His mother..Nit a surrogate womb...

Location hidden

#455472 Jun 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He believes in his belief. Well put Robert.
robert has ALWAYS tried to show that he is intelligent but his stupidity has shown thru constantly since he has been on this forum

Location hidden

#455473 Jun 22, 2013
Revelation refers to the final conquest and [[[[[[[[[[return of Jesus.]]]]]]]]]

The implication is that in the end all other rules will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all creation and creatures. There is no power, no king, and no lord who can oppose Him and win

In the END, IN THE END, IN THE END!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web